GUILTY - Sidney Moorer trial, Obstruction of Justice, Heather Elvis, 28 Aug 2017 #2 *Appeals Denied*

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WMBF) - South Carolina’s highest court has denied another appeal for the Myrtle Beach man twice convicted in Horry County for a high-profile 2013 kidnapping.

I believe this should go on the thread regarding the kidnapping. He had that appeal hearing back in April.

edited to add - I posted the article on the kidnapping thread.

I take it no Court of appeals decision yet on his obstruction of justice case? The last appeal on his kidnapping only took a month - it is now almost 2 months for this one. Hearing was on 5/17/22.

Anyone? :)

I found this filed on May 25, 2022:

CERTIORARI DISMISSED AS IMPROVIDENTLY GRANTED

Sounds like the Supreme Court found they should not have heard the case. Strange. I found this definition:
  • Dismissed as improvidently granted - the Writ of Certiorari is dismissed as improvidently granted, meaning the Court should not have accepted the case.
  • Writ of certiorari: Order of a higher court agreeing to review a lower court decision

Attachments

• 2022-MO-006.pdf
    128.8 KB · Views: 10
I found this filed on May 25, 2022:

CERTIORARI DISMISSED AS IMPROVIDENTLY GRANTED

Sounds like the Supreme Court found they should not have heard the case. Strange. I found this definition:
  • Dismissed as improvidently granted - the Writ of Certiorari is dismissed as improvidently granted, meaning the Court should not have accepted the case.
  • Writ of certiorari: Order of a higher court agreeing to review a lower court decision

That last statement is SUCH a pile of horse excrement. A client who chooses to come forward of their volition is not at all the same as the client who admits his lie when faced with the cold, hard, incontrovertible evidence of it.

She and those “chilling effects” really need to calm down.
Exactly! And if SM wants to come clean, I'm fine with them dropping obstruction chargers. Otherwise, this is a bad analogy, at best.

According to the Department of Corrections, Sidney Tammy Moorer has a projected release date of March 31, 2044, while Sidney Moorer has a projected release of May 9, 2043.

Op. 5988 - The State v. Sidney S. Moorer by WMBF News on Scribd

Despite the verdicts and court rulings, questions still haunt Terry Elvis. The central one remains unchanged: What happened to Heather?

He said he’s forgiven Sidney Moorer, but he has been trying to arrange a meeting with him. He said he’s willing to beg for answers. The uncertainty stings.

“After 10 years, I know what it looks like,” he said. “A lot of people tell me, ‘Just give it up. Let it go.’ ... How do you do that?”

I wonder if Sid would ever agree to meet with Terry? Interesting that Terry doesn't mention meeting with Tammy.

Despite the verdicts and court rulings, questions still haunt Terry Elvis. The central one remains unchanged: What happened to Heather?

He said he’s forgiven Sidney Moorer, but he has been trying to arrange a meeting with him. He said he’s willing to beg for answers. The uncertainty stings.

“After 10 years, I know what it looks like,” he said. “A lot of people tell me, ‘Just give it up. Let it go.’ ... How do you do that?”

I wonder if Sid would ever agree to meet with Terry? Interesting that Terry doesn't mention meeting with Tammy.
BBM - I believe if anyone will ever cave it will be Sidney. I would love to know if Tammy and Sidney still communicate with each other and how both are doing in prison. Can't believe it's been 10 years!

BBM - I believe if anyone will ever cave it will be Sidney. I would love to know if Tammy and Sidney still communicate with each other and how both are doing in prison. Can't believe it's been 10 years!
It blows my mind that it's been 10 years already. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths and it feels like forever ago. As a parent, I can't imagine the constant pain that Terry and Debbie live with every day not knowing what happened and where Heather is. It truly hurts my heart to think about it. I agree that Sidney would be the one to cave. I so wish he would. :(

ABC 20/20

In 2018, Heather Elvis vanished after her involvement with a married man, Sidney Moorer. Her disappearance led to an investigation that exposed shocking details, including a series of harassing texts sent by Sidney's wife Tammy.
Don't miss the newest episode of 'BAD ROMANCE' with Ryan Smith airing TONIGHT at 10/9c on ABC - featuring interviews with investigators who unraveled the case, Heather's loved ones, and the woman convicted of Heather's kidnapping, Tammy Moorer.

https://abc.com/shows/bad-romance-a-special-edition-of-2020

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back