GUILTY - Tammy Moorer trial for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 8 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where the photos of the inside of the Moorer's house are now, but I know I have seen them, so they were in media at some point. It's hard remembering all we've heard over the years, and as I watched some testimonies this week, I went back and watched some of the same witnesses from before. Small differences in testimonies that I don't think are a huge deal. I'm not sure all the cell phone people have testified the same, but it's possible more information was learned as technology changed. One small thing I noticed, the heavier build man that talked about the pay phone, this time he said the call was 5 minutes and some seconds, but in another trial he said 3 minutes. Small difference, and I'm not sure why he wasn't told the exact time the call lasted since the records showed how long he was on the phone.

I want to get to Sidney on the stand! Then, I want to see Tammy under cross examination! My guess? Tammy will not get on the stand, turn around and complain that her lawyer wouldn't her. That's what they did with Sidney... all about he wanted to tell his side, then rants about the lawyer not letting him get on the stand. I still don't think Sidney's attorney has changed his mind. He may have been in court to take notes for a book he wants to write, or to help the state on who knows, but I don't think he wants either Moorer back as a client after all they said about him.

I don't know where the photos of the inside of the Moorer's house are now, but I know I have seen them, so they were in media at some point. It's hard remembering all we've heard over the years, and as I watched some testimonies this week, I went back and watched some of the same witnesses from before. Small differences in testimonies that I don't think are a huge deal. I'm not sure all the cell phone people have testified the same, but it's possible more information was learned as technology changed. One small thing I noticed, the heavier build man that talked about the pay phone, this time he said the call was 5 minutes and some seconds, but in another trial he said 3 minutes. Small difference, and I'm not sure why he wasn't told the exact time the call lasted since the records showed how long he was on the phone.

I want to get to Sidney on the stand! Then, I want to see Tammy under cross examination! My guess? Tammy will not get on the stand, turn around and complain that her lawyer wouldn't her. That's what they did with Sidney... all about he wanted to tell his side, then rants about the lawyer not letting him get on the stand. I still don't think Sidney's attorney has changed his mind. He may have been in court to take notes for a book he wants to write, or to help the state on who knows, but I don't think he wants either Moorer back as a client after all they said about him.

It is just amazing to me that guilty people always claim that their lawyers "wouldn't" let them testify. Ethically..lawyers cannot make that decision for the accused. They can strongly advise their client not to testify, and they can ask to withdraw if they feel that testifying is against a client's best interest and that the client is refusing their best legal advice.....but ultimately it is the accused who makes that decision, and sometimes an accused person will insist on testifying no matter what the lawyer thinks is prudent. In that case it has to be allowed. Psychopathic people usually want to testify because they think they can control the process. And they believe that they will lie convincingly and explain away all the evidence. It seldom works out that way.

Should You Take the Stand in Your Own Defense?

I thought I'd share some of my cumulative notes from way back when (as a refresher) for anyone who might like to read them:

JULY 2013 - 198 calls from HE to SM; 213 calls from SM to HE

NOVEMBER 2013 - 2 photos are sent from SM’s phone to HE at 2:51 AM; 22 calls from HE to SM; 39 calls from SM to HE

November 1, 2013 - Tammy Moorer sends several text messages to Heather:
“Someone’s about to get their *advertiser censored** beat down… your bi*ch is about to take his last breath… you can tell me who you are right now or I will find out another way… that way won’t have a great turn out for you… I’m giving you one last chance to answer before we meet in person… only one.”

“I’ve been having Sidney followed since January 2012, it’s best you call back and speak to me & save yourself. Hey sweet you ready to meet the MRS?”

Heather replies:
“I think you are a little obsessed with me. I’m nobody you need to worry about anymore.”

November 5, 2013 - Heather receives a text from Sidney’s phone number: “by the way dad no longer owns a phone”

Heather replies:
“.”

December 14, 2013 - Suspicious person/activity reported at 4XX River Oaks Drive @ 2:05 pm

December 18, 2013

1:18 am - Sidney seen on video surveillance parking his truck at the Walmart on Seaboard Street, speaking to an associate inside, and purchasing a pregnancy test and cigar

~1:30-1:35 am - SS drops Heather off at home

1:35 am - Heather receives a call from Sidney Moorer placed from a payphone that lasts 4.83 minutes

1:44 am - Heather places call to her roommate (who was out of town visiting family in FL) and call lasts for 2.2 minutes

1:53-2:09 am - 10 posts are made to Heather’s Tumblr account

2:29 am - calls are placed from Heather's phone to the pay phone that SM called her from that go unanswered

3:16 am - a call is placed from Heather's phone to SM’s phone but goes unanswered

3:17 am - a call is placed to SM’s cell phone that lasts for 4.15 minutes; GPS coordinates place HE’s phone at her house and SM’s phone near his house

~ 3:21 am - Heather drives to Peachtree Landing @ 6699 State Rd S-26-611

3:36 am - a truck similar in year, make, model, and color is spotted on a nearby security camera heading in the direction of PTL from the direction of SM's house

3:38 am - Heather's phone places her arriving at PTL and 4 calls are placed to Sidney’s phone (3:38, 3:39, 3:39, 3:41 am) but they go unanswered

3:41 am - Heather’s cell phone is disabled

3:45 am - a truck similar in year, make, model, and color is spotted heading away from PTL and back towards SM's house

Witness - Aaron Edens, IT Analyst from San Mateo County in CA
  • 4 calls between 1:13 & 2:31 AM
  • 1 incoming at 1:35 am (298 seconds)
  • 1 outgoing to Bri at 1:44 am (132 seconds)
  • 2 outgoing to payphone (@ 2:29 am & 2:30 am)

• 2:32 - 2:41 am - phone in motion
  • 2:42 am - phone located at Longbeards in corner of lot near dumpster; 14 minutes at location and 4 calls are made
    • 2:43 am to payphone (7.2 seconds)
    • 2:43 am to payphone (7 seconds)
    • 2:45 am to payphone (.2 seconds)
    • 2:51 am to payphone (4.8 seconds)
  • Phone leaves Longbeards, travels back towards HE apartment, and turns around at Augusta Plantation Drive (no call activity)

• 3:01 - 3:15 am - phone back at Longbeards
  • 3:04 am - outgoing to payphone (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:05 am - outgoing to payphone
  • 3:16 am - call to SM cell (7.8 seconds)
  • 3:17 am - call to SM cell (249 seconds/4 minutes 9 seconds) - phone traveling back towards apartment
  • 3:20 am - phone located in the parking lot of Heather's apartment
  • 3:24 am - not in motion
  • 3:25-3:35 am - phone in motion and traveling to PTL from apartment; no calls made
  • 3:37 am - phone arrives at PTL
  • 3:38 am - call to SM cell (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:39 am - call to SM cell (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:41 am - call to SM cell (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:42 am - no further calls placed in/out and no other location coordinates able to be obtained
December 20, 2013

[Unknown Time] - LE obtains a search warrant for HE’s apartment
- no blood or DNA are taken from the apartment and there was no sign of forced entry upon arrival but her door was unlocked

Searches are conducted by law enforcement, dive teams, helicopters, and volunteers with boats at Peachtree Landing and the surrounding wooded area.

January 8 - 12, 2014 - SM participates in the Half-Marathon at Disney World in Orlando, FL

January 17, 2014 - Tammy Moorer posted her infamous FB rant about Sidney’s affair

February 2, 2014

Sidney sends text to Tammy:
“I admit I made a horrible choice choosing someone that was *advertiser censored**ed up but I think I can change both of our futures together and for the better… way better.”

February 21, 2014

7:00 am - search warrant issued @ 8786 Hwy 814 and Moorer’s are arrested; a search is conducted by HCPD, SLED, the Solicitor’s office, the US Marshals, and the SC Highway Patrol

8:50 am - Tammy Moorer booked into J Reuben Long
11:00 am - Sidney Moorer booked into J Reuben Long

February 22, 2014

Moorer’s are charged with:
1 count of obstruction
2 counts of indecent exposure (locations are listed as Atlantic Avenue & Century Circle in Conway, SC & 1300 Block of Celebrity Circle in MB -- charges were filed after Sidney advised officers about relations that took place in their car)

February 24, 2014
Moorer’s are charged with kidnapping and murder

March 21, 2014
A Grand Jury indicts Sidney & Tammy Moorer on charges of kidnapping and murder and a gag order is ordered by Judge John

May 23, 2014
A bond reconsideration hearing is held for Tammy Moorer after learning she is pregnant. Judge John upholds his decision and her request for bond is denied.

June 3, 2014
The Moorer’s are charged with Medicaid fraud for failing to disclose their true financial status between 2007 and 2013, which led to a benefit of receiving more than $10K worth of inappropriate assistance.

Heather's Social Media Accounts:

PICYOU - HolaImHeather
MYSPACE - HolaImHeather
PINTEREST - HeatherElvis
TWICSY - HeatherElvis
FACEBOOK - Heatherachellelvis
TWITTER - HeatherElvis
INSTAGRAM - FeatherElvis
TUMBLR - http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com

I know the crash is awful.. what are we going to do all weekend!
I think I'll catch up on household chores and prepare next weeks menu---just so I'm more organised next week than I was this week!!
th

I thought I'd share some of my cumulative notes from way back when (as a refresher) for anyone who might like to read them:

JULY 2013 - 198 calls from HE to SM; 213 calls from SM to HE

NOVEMBER 2013 - 2 photos are sent from SM’s phone to HE at 2:51 AM; 22 calls from HE to SM; 39 calls from SM to HE

November 1, 2013 - Tammy Moorer sends several text messages to Heather:
“Someone’s about to get their *advertiser censored** beat down… your bi*ch is about to take his last breath… you can tell me who you are right now or I will find out another way… that way won’t have a great turn out for you… I’m giving you one last chance to answer before we meet in person… only one.”

“I’ve been having Sidney followed since January 2012, it’s best you call back and speak to me & save yourself. Hey sweet you ready to meet the MRS?”

Heather replies:
“I think you are a little obsessed with me. I’m nobody you need to worry about anymore.”

November 5, 2013 - Heather receives a text from Sidney’s phone number: “by the way dad no longer owns a phone”

Heather replies:
“.”

December 14, 2013 - Suspicious person/activity reported at 4XX River Oaks Drive @ 2:05 pm

December 18, 2013

1:18 am - Sidney seen on video surveillance parking his truck at the Walmart on Seaboard Street, speaking to an associate inside, and purchasing a pregnancy test and cigar

1:35 am - Heather receives a call from Sidney Moorer placed from a payphone that lasts 4.83 minutes

1:44 am - Heather places call to her roommate (who was out of town visiting family in FL) and call lasts for 2.2 minutes

2:29 am - calls are placed from Heather's phone to the pay phone that SM called her from that go unanswered

3:16 am - a call is placed from Heather's phone to SM’s phone but goes unanswered

3:17 am - a call is placed to SM’s cell phone that lasts for 4.15 minutes; GPS coordinates place HE’s phone at her house and SM’s phone near his house

~ 3:21 am - Heather drives to Peachtree Landing @ 6699 State Rd S-26-611

3:36 am - a truck similar in year, make, model, and color is spotted on a nearby security camera heading in the direction of PTL from the direction of SM's house

3:38 am - Heather's phone places her arriving at PTL and 4 calls are placed to Sidney’s phone (3:38, 3:39, 3:39, 3:41 am) but they go unanswered

3:41 am - Heather’s cell phone is disabled

3:45 am - a truck similar in year, make, model, and color is spotted heading away from PTL and back towards SM's house

Witness - Aaron Edens, IT Analyst from San Mateo County in CA
  • 4 calls between 1:13 & 2:31 AM
  • 1 incoming at 1:35 am (298 seconds)
  • 1 outgoing to Bri at 1:44 am (132 seconds)
  • 2 outgoing to payphone (@ 2:29 am & 2:30 am)

• 2:32 - 2:41 am - phone in motion
  • 2:42 am - phone located at Longbeards in corner of lot near dumpster; 14 minutes at location and 4 calls are made
    • 2:43 am to payphone (7.2 seconds)
    • 2:43 am to payphone (7 seconds)
    • 2:45 am to payphone (.2 seconds)
    • 2:51 am to payphone (4.8 seconds)
  • Phone leaves Longbeards, travels back towards HE apartment, and turns around at Augusta Plantation Drive (no call activity)

• 3:01 - 3:15 am - phone back at Longbeards
  • 3:04 am - outgoing to payphone (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:05 am - outgoing to payphone
  • 3:16 am - call to SM cell (7.8 seconds)
  • 3:17 am - call to SM cell (249 seconds/4 minutes 9 seconds) - phone traveling back towards apartment
  • 3:20 am - phone located in the parking lot of Heather's apartment
  • 3:24 am - not in motion
  • 3:25-3:35 am - phone in motion and traveling to PTL from apartment; no calls made
  • 3:37 am - phone arrives at PTL
  • 3:38 am - call to SM cell (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:41 am - call to SM cell (1.8 seconds)
  • 3:42 am - no further calls placed in/out and no other location coordinates able to be obtained
December 20, 2013

[Unknown Time] - LE obtains a search warrant for HE’s apartment
- no blood or DNA are taken from the apartment and there was no sign of forced entry upon arrival but her door was unlocked

Searches are conducted by law enforcement, dive teams, helicopters, and volunteers with boats at Peachtree Landing and the surrounding wooded area.

January 8 - 12, 2014 - SM participates in the Half-Marathon at Disney World in Orlando, FL

January 17, 2014 - Tammy Moorer posted her infamous FB rant about Sidney’s affair

February 2, 2014

Sidney sends text to Tammy:
“I admit I made a horrible choice choosing someone that was *advertiser censored**ed up but I think I can change both of our futures together and for the better… way better.”

February 21, 2014

7:00 am - search warrant issued @ 8786 Hwy 814 and Moorer’s are arrested; a search is conducted by HCPD, SLED, the Solicitor’s office, the US Marshals, and the SC Highway Patrol

8:50 am - Tammy Moorer booked into J Reuben Long
11:00 am - Sidney Moorer booked into J Reuben Long

February 22, 2014

Moorer’s are charged with:
1 count of obstruction
2 counts of indecent exposure (locations are listed as Atlantic Avenue & Century Circle in Conway, SC & 1300 Block of Celebrity Circle in MB -- charges were filed after Sidney advised officers about relations that took place in their car)

February 24, 2014
Moorer’s are charged with kidnapping and murder

March 21, 2014
A Grand Jury indicts Sidney & Tammy Moorer on charges of kidnapping and murder and a gag order is ordered by Judge John

May 23, 2014
A bond reconsideration hearing is held for Tammy Moorer after learning she is pregnant. Judge John upholds his decision and her request for bond is denied.

June 3, 2014
The Moorer’s are charged with Medicaid fraud for failing to disclose their true financial status between 2007 and 2013, which led to a benefit of receiving more than $10K worth of inappropriate assistance.

Heather's Social Media Accounts:

PICYOU - HolaImHeather
MYSPACE - HolaImHeather
PINTEREST - HeatherElvis
TWICSY - HeatherElvis
FACEBOOK - Heatherachellelvis
TWITTER - HeatherElvis
INSTAGRAM - FeatherElvis
TUMBLR - http://hazy-dayys.tumblr.com
Thanks very much for posting the above, cujenn81. When you have it all set out like that it makes it so much easier *for those who're new to the case* to understand why the Moorers are on trial. They're guilty, period!!

ETA: Were you the one who sussed out the location of those pay phones several years ago? (When we first learnt SM had used one). I am trying to remember who it was and upon seeing your username recall you were definitely around at the time the discussion was going on. :D

Last edited:
December 18, 2013

RSBM: Oh, how I wish Heather's night ended here. I wish she'd just gone to bed. :(

Thanks for posting the refresher Jenn. Great to see you!

Anybody know if this witness who is supposedly switching sides situation is about Heather going missing in the past?

I think the fact that Heather agreed to meet SM hints that she WAS pregnant--she had no contact with him for about a month or so--she had moved on. It makes sense that you would meet up with the baby daddy to discuss plans for the future.

Some were mentioning that you can take the tobacco out and make a marijuana joint--there was testimony that TM smoked pot.
Personally, I don't think that's what he was doing. I think the cigar was part of the reuse.

For one, if you're going to roll what's known as a "blunt" or "spliff," you aren't going to buy an individual cigar for that; you'll buy a pack of "blunts." Chances are if you smoke weed that way, that's the main way you smoke it, so you wouldn't run out and buy one every time you wanted to roll a blunt. Secondly, cannabis is not a great motivator. If you smoke an Indica strain, you're looking at being locked into your couch, remote control in hand. If you smoke a Sativa strain, you'll find yourself wanting to do all sorts of things, but will instead focus on doing one thing neurotically. One small thing. Like cleaning your baseboards. Either way, cannabis does not fill you with rage or courage. If you had a plan to kidnap or murder someone, you would only smoke weed if you wanted to get out of that plan. My 2¢.

The expert testified that at 3:35.12 and 3:37.32 there are two location records generated on Peachtree Rd; one near a containment pond (Google Maps), and the other near Mill Pond Rd. (based on where he points on the map). Then there was a "final" location record (final among the non-pings) at Peachtree Landing.

The last time there is any location data for Heather's phone is at 3:42.27 indicating the phone is somewhere in the Waccamaw Wildlife Refuge, based on cell-site information which the expert doesn't believe to be accurate (because there are few cell-sites in that area and the technology is outdated, i.e. 2G, so it's not that accurate).

The video is queued up to that part:

Catching up again.

Thanks Jash for providing this replay of the last location testimony of her phone. This is so interesting to me in that very last "Tower ping" because he basically waves his hand over an area on the map which is right across the river from the M's house.

This was what I was interested in about that very last "tower ping". The reason this is so interesting to me is there is a road that goes due West from their house and it leads right to the water. It looks to be a small gravel or dirt road that goes directly West from their house and heads through some wooded area and right up to the rivers edge. Its the most direct path to get to the water from their house. If the M's had a small john boat or a regular small boat, they may have taken her body and her phone in a small boat and took her across the water from their house. It is really wooded and rough in that area but since they lived there I suspect they had gone down that road often to get to the water. They were likely very familiar with that area.

The witness describing the last tower ping waves his hand directly across from their house across that water.
Hmmmmm..

Anyway thanks so much for this video. I really wish I lived in that area as I would be taking weekend search trips to keep looking for her remains. I feel so bad for the Elvis family not ever getting her back for a proper burial.

It is just amazing to me that guilty people always claim that their lawyers "wouldn't" let them testify. Ethically..lawyers cannot make that decision for the accused. They can strongly advise their client not to testify, and they can ask to withdraw if they feel that testifying is against a client's best interest and that the client is refusing their best legal advice.....but ultimately it is the accused who makes that decision, and sometimes an accused person will insist on testifying no matter what the lawyer thinks is prudent. In that case it has to be allowed. Psychopathic people usually want to testify because they think they can control the process. And they believe that they will lie convincingly and explain away all the evidence. It seldom works out that way.

Should You Take the Stand in Your Own Defense?

Exactly.

And Im surprised TM hasnt asked to the court to represent herself as her own attorney. LOL

Like Ted Bundy. Arrogant and controlling. She is the type.
I can see it now......
She is standing in front of the witness chair and saying.....
"So where were you the night of the alleged crime?"

.....then she runs and sits in the witness chair to answer. LOL

I was afraid to post this, for fear of looking stupid but here goes;
I was a juror when I was much younger and knew little of judicial system or courts. I was determined to do a good job and took great notes and listened intently. I followed every rule the judge told us to at T.

Now that I look back, I see what a buffoon the defense attorney was in that case.

He did much of the same things as this defense attorney here. Asking meaningless questions or rambling with a million questions that end up going no where. I remember that when the defense would do this, I thought I was missing something. Missing the point. I thought to myself that he wouldn't possible just ask questions and go on like this unless there was a big point or revelation that I was missing. I was sure I was the only one missing it! I mean, he wouldn't ask if he wasn't trying to make us see something very important.
I became so wrapped up in what he was saying and doing and asking, that I would miss the real issue. I remember being so overwhelmed with these questions he was asking and embarrassed that I didn't get his point or proof.

Because of his rambling, my mind really wandered.
Think of that when he's talking and going on and on. I think that's his motive. glass-lighting the jury. When you have nothing else, confuse them!

Just so you know;
We were a unanimous jury, finding them guilty at the end. But it took a lot of (wasted) time trying to figure out what the defense attorney was trying to say and we almost gave up because of it.

I think you nailed it on what the defense is doing. They have nothing so they ramble and confuse with meaningless questions. And he tries to make the jury think he is heading to some great point and yet it never comes.

One thing I have learned in watching some great trials. I followed closely most of the OJ trial, the MJ trial, the C. Anthony trial, and of course the JA trial.

These were examples of long epic trials I followed and one thing I have noticed is the jury usually does not take too long to make a decision. Trials can be weeks and even months and yet a jury will take a matter of days or sometimes even hours to make a decision.

So all this rambling the defense is doing may confuse the jury some but I think when they get to deliberations then only the main key points will even be discussed.
The jury will pair the case down to its basics and then make a decision. So as long as the state can show the main basic points that she had the Motive, the Opportunity, and there was no other reasonable explanation why Heather is not with us today then I think the jury will be able to filter out all the BS from the defense.

The judge and prosecution objections should also start to increase too to help control the defense from fillibustering as they have been doing.

ETA Too much needless information can also backfire on the prosecution. I think some of that happened in the OJ and CA trials.

In another life if I was a prosecution attorney I would probably have some of the shortest trials ever. I would keep things as simple as possible and still show the needed evidence to the jury.

I think its a mistake that has been made in too many trials to provide way too much needless information. The Casey Anthony trial is an example of where I think this mistake was especially made by the prosecution. The prosecution went on for days and days and days about lab analysis and the problem is that it can confuse the jury. At the end of all those days of lab analysis its easy for a jury to miss the point of all that analysis.

I think if the prosecution would have shortened that trial a lot and just stick with main points like the child was proven to be in that trunk, child was found down the street from her house which was a known childhood haunt of hers, she never told anyone the child was missing for many days, then lied about having jobs and lied about so much more, and just wanted to party with friends. That was all they needed to show and the jury may have came away with a different decision.
JMO of course

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads