GUILTY GUILTY VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #9

Was that really Sarah? What is she hoping to accomplish?

It is horrific what her family is facing but to state that the role of the media is to make things sound more intense than they really are ????? that's a disconnect for me. What is not intense about these murders in and of themselves. Honestly.

Good point.

Woe.be.gone,

You asked about the current status of racist groups...

Here's a decent page from Wikipedia on one of Castro Valley's best known racist alumni Shaun Walker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Walker

Walker was arrested in 2006 for crimes he committed in 2002 and 2003. I think he gets out of jail soon. So yes this sort of stuff is currently still going on.

Was that really Sarah? What is she hoping to accomplish?

It is horrific what her family is facing but to state that the role of the media is to make things sound more intense than they really are ????? that's a disconnect for me. What is not intense about these murders in and of themselves. Honestly.

Well for one I think she wanted to point out that she wasn't the one who posted the stuff we were talking about and next, I think- (wild speculation ahead) she is talking about the portrayal of Sam as the cold, calculated, heartless, guy who murdered four people. I believe it is hard for her to accept that her brother may have a dark and disconnected personality that she never really knew and perhaps some of that media stuff, like "Jesus told me to do it", which friends of Sam explain as just a poorly timed smart *advertiser censored* remark or joke, is taken out of context to make him look bad. Just a guess...but I think she needed to defend and explain, which I can understand.

Everyone do not blink here or you will find yourself seriously behind! I've been busy for the last ten days or so and have had to spend hours catching up. I couldn't imagine having the time follow any other threads but I did check out the Bob thread a bit, as well his website and found it to be a tragically interesting in the most bizarre way.

Anyway the last time I was on was before Woe (Skol Vikings!) joined us and now it already seems like she's been here forever. I have had to catch up on Skinny Cop, maggots, schizophrenia, Finns, grouchiness ensued by general reconciliation and the latest revelation of an alleged Sarahthizzle.

And, of course (how could I forget!), solutions for a dog's encumbered ability to pinch a loaf in deep snow!
c015.gif
(Substitute a dog for the smiley and deep snow for the toilet -- they don't seem to have one yet depicting a dog doing that in the snow).

I thank everyone for their latest contributions. I'm like Splendor, in that I don't often have much to add, but will try and keep up and pipe in something useful when I can.

Ok, first of all, I want to apologize for the comment I made, I didnt mean to insult you guys. I posted that stuff online, it's my fault, I have no one to blame but myself for all my personal stuff being on the internet.

Second of all, I did NOT post that comment on Children of Bodoms myspace, that was my friend. We were buying tickets to their show and I am a HUGE fan of Bodom and a follower of Alexi Laiho.

It has been very hard for me to accept and to adjust to what has happened to our family because of the situation my brother is in, and coming online to see MILLIONS of people trying to analyze our every move and thought and judging us for something that is completely out of our control.

It is not fair, it hurts and makes me very uncomfortable. The majority of the people have been bashing and slandering our family like we OURSELVES committed the crime. It is hard enough to wake up everyday not knowing what really happened or what is to happen down the road, then I go online to people accusing me of using drugs, which I don't, accusing me of being a satanist thats dark and wears all black or blah blah blah...which I am not.

And bringing my business which I worked so VERY hard to get it to where it is today....that has nothing to do with it. I am not under SickTaniks wing, if thats what you meant by "under sicks wing"

I do not know the guy nor have I talked to him since this first hit the media. And I can truly say I do NOT follow what he is doing. That is not my scene and I have no want to be a part of it. I do not want sympathy from anybody, nor do I want to make friends or money off of this like everyone is assuming.

I do appreciate the nice things that people have said about my family. I do, this is just a lot to take in. My life was normal 6 months ago. I have no control over what happened and my life is no forever changed. Don't believe most of what you have heard on the news, unless it came from the mouth of a family member of mine or the deceased.

Their job is to keep people interested and make the story sound more intense then it really is. There is a lot of false facts being thrown around. Do not believe most of what you hear....

Sarah ,you have no reason to apologize. I didn't mean for this to be all over the thread.I'm the one who needs to apologize.
Anyways maybe we can all learn from this and even though we have the right to discuss this stuff since it's public information maybe we can always keep in mind that the people involved are REAL and everything they're going through is REAL !

Woe.be.gone,

You asked about the current status of racist groups...

Here's a decent page from Wikipedia on one of Castro Valley's best known racist alumni Shaun Walker: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Walker

Walker was arrested in 2006 for crimes he committed in 2002 and 2003. I think he gets out of jail soon. So yes this sort of stuff is currently still going on.

Geesh. How can someone devote their life to some fruitless endeavor that is so senseless. On the one hand, he's brilliant. On the other hand, he's an animal. I'm disgusted to know that he was once a Marine.

Please don't tell me he's Norwegian.

By the way, why is race an issue regarding this case? We know Sam is white and he killed white people. Or are we discussing hate breeding environments in general. To me this SW person is in satan's club too. The devil likes us to hate, divide, degrade, go crazy, kill, stagnate, become drunkards, thiefs, cheaters, liars, users, swindlers, rapists, and anything else that takes away from beauty, grace, peace, oneness, wholeness, appreciation, gratefulness, serenity, love, truth, fulfillment. Whoever operates in the world with a purpose to destroy any aspect of man is of the devil imo. White or whatever color they may be. It doesn't matter what costume they wear.

Even for people who do not believe in God or the devil (I don't think you can believe in one and not the other) who doesn't prefer the positive aspects of life. Obviously a lot of people don't. It makes no sense to me. None.

Sarah ,you have no reason to apologize. I didn't mean for this to be all over the thread.I'm the one who needs to apologize.
Anyways maybe we can all learn from this and even though we have the right to discuss this stuff since it's public information maybe we can always keep in mind that the people involved are REAL and everything they're going through is REAL !

True, we can always learn, but I can't help to wonder, with everything that must be going on in all of the victims lives because of SM's crimes, someone is zeroing in here? When you think about it, there is a relatively small group of people posting here. We surely don't control or influence the media. I don't get why this thread, that is trying to sort out the truth of this terrible crime is in the 'hot seat'. One person chose to needlessly take the lives of four others. Should that go unnoticed? Should the lives of four people simply be dismissed because it hurts the feelings of living people? This is someone trying to silence and exert control over another group of people that is the exact thing they say they don't want people to do to them.

We are not the media. We aren't broadcasting. We're examining. Why wouldn't they be doing that I wonder? Don't they want to know the truth? Again, it's an attempt to diminish and to control. We didn't cause the circumstances we are discussing. We're trying to understand why the person who did it did. Shouldn't there be anger directed in that direction and not at WS?

As far as Sarah setting the record straight that she's not involved with certain parties, that is understandable and she has the right to speak up for herself. Everything else is an attempt to make us feel guilty? Go figure.

...no I don't think so at all.....noone was trying to make anyone feel guilty...
it's just when we post about people that are not involved with the crime,if we discuss people that didn't do anything wrong,can we please consider that they have feelings,regardless of what they post online?

Yay! I'm virus free....for now!
:)

...no I don't think so at all.....noone was trying to make anyone feel guilty...
it's just when we post about people that are not involved with the crime,if we discuss people that didn't do anything wrong,can we please consider that they have feelings,regardless of what they post online?

Yeah, I have to echo Claudi here. I don't really think someone like Sarah (and she represents here an awful lot of confused, scared, shocked, and deeply sad family and friends of someone who is accused of serious crime) comes in here to manipulate anyone. Certainly not consciously, and you could argue that we all do that unconsciously. I think this thread was brought to her attention and we come off as real people, not "media" or even "the public," and so she was engaged more directly with us and then herself engaged us.

I think we can take issue with what Sarah says as we do with anyone here, but we need to be as respectful of her contributions and her intentions as we are anyone else's here, too.

Finally, my opinion is that what Sarah is going through is hell, and it doesn't take away from the victims of the crime to acknowledge that. It is part of the bigger picture, it is part of the suffering that ensues.

Okay, Eric, your run-down of recent topics is maybe the funniest thing I've read here. (And boy does it piss me off that I didn't write the funniest thing I've read here....)

Okay, Eric, your run-down of recent topics is maybe the funniest thing I've read here. (And boy does it piss me off that I didn't write the funniest thing I've read here....)

A compliment from the Tapu is indeed an honor and has gotten my day of to a great start. Thanks Tap!

I was actually up in Hayward this past weekend for a Double IPA Festival at a little joint called the Bistro. They block off the street and have bands and much merriment is had by all. But you know how some places you go to and think "This place is nice, I could live here." Well Hayward wasn't one of those places. Now Santa Rosa, which I also visited, was very lush and hip and laid back. . .

In regards to the alleged Sarah post I am also not yet convinced its the real deal (my apologies to you Sarah if it is from you but that's just how we do things around here. We try and get as close to the truth as possible and, for now, we need more evidence).

Now if it is from her I commend her for having the courage to come and discuss this here. People do bad things and some folks do really bad things. We can't just let murderers and the like go running around free, we have to do something with them. What, exactly, to do with them has long been debated and will continue to be debated, as well it should. However, when it comes to judging their actions, from a personal and philisophical point of view, I try my best to understand and try to never forget the adage about walking in another man's shoes. For better or worse life is a game of cards. When we are born we are dealt a hand of cards and we have to play them. You could be born rich, blind, poor, black white red brown green, to loving or neglecting parents, if any parents, in any number of countries at different points in time. I constantly remind myself of the idiom "There, but for the grace of God go I." For me, personally, God is not the Judeo-Christian God but a metaphor for whatever spiritual balance is at work in our lives, of which we ultimately know profoundly little about. (This is, of course, just my opinion, my own take on life)

You didnt do anything wrong. I brought it to the thread not you. My apologies to you.

Ok, first of all, I want to apologize for the comment I made, I didnt mean to insult you guys. I posted that stuff online, it's my fault, I have no one to blame but myself for all my personal stuff being on the internet.

Second of all, I did NOT post that comment on Children of Bodoms myspace, that was my friend. We were buying tickets to their show and I am a HUGE fan of Bodom and a follower of Alexi Laiho.

It has been very hard for me to accept and to adjust to what has happened to our family because of the situation my brother is in, and coming online to see MILLIONS of people trying to analyze our every move and thought and judging us for something that is completely out of our control.

It is not fair, it hurts and makes me very uncomfortable. The majority of the people have been bashing and slandering our family like we OURSELVES committed the crime. It is hard enough to wake up everyday not knowing what really happened or what is to happen down the road, then I go online to people accusing me of using drugs, which I don't, accusing me of being a satanist thats dark and wears all black or blah blah blah...which I am not.

And bringing my business which I worked so VERY hard to get it to where it is today....that has nothing to do with it. I am not under SickTaniks wing, if thats what you meant by "under sicks wing"

I do not know the guy nor have I talked to him since this first hit the media. And I can truly say I do NOT follow what he is doing. That is not my scene and I have no want to be a part of it. I do not want sympathy from anybody, nor do I want to make friends or money off of this like everyone is assuming.

I do appreciate the nice things that people have said about my family. I do, this is just a lot to take in. My life was normal 6 months ago. I have no control over what happened and my life is no forever changed. Don't believe most of what you have heard on the news, unless it came from the mouth of a family member of mine or the deceased.

Their job is to keep people interested and make the story sound more intense then it really is. There is a lot of false facts being thrown around. Do not believe most of what you hear....
Hi Sarah, glad you dropped in. I sense some of my comments are what brought you here and I only wanted to point out that I have been to other forums where they talk very badly about your brother. We do indeed "sleuth" as it is what we do here but I would like you to understand that this group of people that are part of this thread happen to be some of the most open-minded, compassionate and understanding people I have ever had the pleasure to know and so when a friend of mine here shared your comments with me, I was a little taken back because I thought we here more than most, had been very fair to your brother and most of us have tried to really give him the benefit of the doubt while still being mindful that 4 people are indeed dead, some of us in fact have even written your brother, sent him books or money to buy paper and pens etc, not because we support what he did but because we have compassion for what he is going through.

Anyway thanks for posting and I hope you will stay with us as nowhere will you find a nicer group of people sincerely interested in the truth who, largely, do not get any pleasure from the suffering your brother (and your family) must endure because of his mistake.

A compliment from the Tapu is indeed an honor and has gotten my day of to a great start. Thanks Tap!

I was actually up in Hayward this past weekend for a Double IPA Festival at a little joint called the Bistro. They block off the street and have bands and much merriment is had by all. But you know how some places you go to and think "This place is nice, I could live here." Well Hayward wasn't one of those places. Now Santa Rosa, which I also visited, was very lush and hip and laid back. . .

OT for a second: Did you get some pliny the younger? Any chance you've got a growler of it hanging out that you'd be willing to trade?

To keep this on topic, I think we've been pretty supportive here.

Well... whether it was her or not, it probably pretty well represented some of her feelings and I am glad we responded. Each response was enriching.

OT for a second: Did you get some pliny the younger? Any chance you've got a growler of it hanging out that you'd be willing to trade?

To keep this on topic, I think we've been pretty supportive here.

I was able to enjoy a few pints of Younger but, unfortunately, didn't get a growler. Myself and the Brewer with the brewpub I work at were actually in the back helping Vinnie and his staff fill growlers. They prefilled a ton and those were gone within a few hours. We filled many many more and then they we're completely out of growlers. Then it was only refills for people who already had growlers. At 4:30 it was completely out. They were hit by a Black Swan of sorts as this release event, going on its 4th year, was almost 10 times busier than it was last year.

At any rate, Russian River Brewing, from the owners to the staff, is a class act and I recommend it to anyone visiting Santa Rosa. Even if you don't like beer they have great pizza.

By the way Pax I think your documentary idea is awesome. Keep us posted. I know we have a long way to go before this whole trial is concluded but it sure keeps us in suspense.

My 'hinky' is up on that too. It seems like a too polished post from a 'hip' young person. Controlled emotion or something. If it were me, I might say say, 'leave me outta this people, I'm just the sister."

I was able to enjoy a few pints of Younger but, unfortunately, didn't get a growler. Myself and the Brewer with the brewpub I work at were actually in the back helping Vinnie and his staff fill growlers. They prefilled a ton and those were gone within a few hours. We filled many many more and then they we're completely out of growlers. Then it was only refills for people who already had growlers. At 4:30 it was completely out. They were hit by a Black Swan of sorts as this release event, going on its 4th year, was almost 10 times busier than it was last year.

At any rate, Russian River Brewing, from the owners to the staff, is a class act and I recommend it to anyone visiting Santa Rosa. Even if you don't like beer they have great pizza.

By the way Pax I think your documentary idea is awesome. Keep us posted. I know we have a long way to go before this whole trial is concluded but it sure keeps us in suspense.

Damn, wish I would have known this last week. I would have tried to convince you to hook me up. My trade fell through when they ran out. Oh well, I guess there's always next year.

Documentary would be pretty cool. I guess it hinges on trial, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back