Hacktivists/Anonymous take down 40 child *advertiser censored* sites, publish users' names

I've seen some comments that the Anonymous "bust" might compromise ongoing investigations. That might be true and it would be unfortunate. However, I simply cannot get over my excitement of the creative use of these bright minds going after this vile evil. I wonder what the FBI, Homeland Security, Interpol, and local LE will do with this info.

Not enough!

I think a lot of the time Anonymous gets a bad rap.

I wholeheartedly support them in this matter!

GO ANONYMOUS!!!

First off, justbeachy, child *advertiser censored* traders do look just like your neighbor or the check out guy at the grocery because they are. Sadly, they don't wear T-shirts proclaiming their sick and prurient hobby.

I just checked and there's been yet another!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...-*advertiser censored*-viewers_n_1072134.html

Anonymous Reveals IP Addresses Of Alleged Child *advertiser censored* Viewers In Latest Sting
November 2, 2011

"The hacker group Anonymous on Wednesday said it posted the IP addresses of 190 visitors of child *advertiser censored* sites, marking its latest effort to remove digital pedophilia from the Internet. In recent weeks, Anonymous, which has become infamous for disrupting the online operations of large corporations like Sony, has targeted child *advertiser censored* sites and their visitors in a mission dubbed "Operation Darknet." The newest targets have been Freedom Hosting, a server that Anonymous accuses of hosting more than 40 child *advertiser censored* websites, and visitors of those sites who shield their identities using Tor, a software that allows users to communicate anonymously on the Internet...."

and

"...According to the hacker group, "99 percent" of Tor users are journalists in Iran and China, government intelligence agencies fighting a secret war with al-Qaida, and members of Anonymous. But the group said it found some users of Tor accessing sites like Lolita City and "The Hurt Site," a website that Anonymous said is dedicated to child rape. "The only purpose of Operation Darknet was to reveal that a service like the 'Tor Project' has been ruined by the 1 percent using it for child *advertiser censored*," the group said in a post Wednesday on the file-sharing site Pastebin...."

and

"...In its latest sting, which was carried out on Oct. 27 and dubbed "Paw Printing," Anonymous set a trap embedded in the latest version of Tor. The trap duped visitors into clicking on a link containing malware that tracked their online movements for 24 hours, the hacker group said. It also allowed the hackers to verify the IP addresses of visitors to the sites, which they released publicly on Wednesday. "This is so law enforcement can have the probable cause to arrest these individuals, who are clearly are accessing TOR sites containing child *advertiser censored*..."

more at link (including map of users)

Interesting inside info about the hacking:

Caution--Language and disturbing content

http://pastebin.com/hquN9kg5

"...."To the vandals, you vandalize the page 1,000,000 times, we will correct it 1,000,001. It will just go back and forth. We are here to stay. People want to run DDoS attacks over tor and think it hurts us, it does. It is our GOD given right that we can choose to have our sexual preferences for youth. It is the same for the any other *advertiser censored* community. It is not what we choose to become, it is who we are. You Anonymous aka #OpDarknet do not have the right to censor us...."

More info:

http://gawker.com/5851459

I have to admit that I'm not seeing the list of IPs. Has it been released yet? I see the map and there's plenty of folks in the US but not IPs or names that I see. Can someone more techy than me, please take a look.

Some LEOs are stating that the hacktivists are doing more harm than good. Looks like most people don't agree. I'll be very curious as to what the FBI does with these lists. Surely they won't ignore them, will they?

Really? God-given right? I'd like to see where God put this in writing. Show me the paper trail, please.

I think this is just fantastic. I didn't dig too deep as I can't stomach what these evil creatures do to children -- but I'm pleased as punch that someone is taking them DOWN!!! Too bad this can be the cover story on CNN with screen names published there.

Mel

Think I know the hacktivist group from way back in the day, interesting. Noticed the 127.0.0.1 addressing, indicating a network of computers accessed through a host computer. The host can appear completely legit on the surface, until one is security passworded into the server computers at 127.0.0.1 hiding the offenders IP. Can also be setup for legitimate business uses and security.

Yes I've known about a hacktivist group that gathers information on pedophile individuals and turns over relevant info to the FBI. I'm not sure how that info is used by the F.B.I... We do hear about takedowns but not specifics.

Looks to me as though this *advertiser censored* group runs their own servers and is accessing over usenet newsgroups besides running a forum.

The address 127.0.0.1 is defined by the TCP/IP protocol as a reserved address that routes packets back to the host. Thus, no computer connected to the Internet, or any other TCP/IP compliant network, can identify itself as 127.0.0.1. The Internet Engineering Task Force's RFC 3330 defines 127.0.0.1 and 12 other special-use IPv4 addresses. Any public router or gateway that receives a packet destined for a special-use IP is required to drop it, without logging it's contents. Thus, if such a packet is accidentally forwarded outside of it's host, the packet will not accidentally arrive at another location that is willing to accept it and answer.

Interesting inside info about the hacking:

Caution--Language and disturbing content

http://pastebin.com/hquN9kg5

"...."To the vandals, you vandalize the page 1,000,000 times, we will correct it 1,000,001. It will just go back and forth. We are here to stay. People want to run DDoS attacks over tor and think it hurts us, it does. It is our GOD given right that we can choose to have our sexual preferences for youth. It is the same for the any other *advertiser censored* community. It is not what we choose to become, it is who we are. You Anonymous aka #OpDarknet do not have the right to censor us...."

More info:

http://gawker.com/5851459

I have to admit that I'm not seeing the list of IPs. Has it been released yet? I see the map and there's plenty of folks in the US but not IPs or names that I see. Can someone more techy than me, please take a look.

Some LEOs are stating that the hacktivists are doing more harm than good. Looks like most people don't agree. I'll be very curious as to what the FBI does with these lists. Surely they won't ignore them, will they?

Really? God-given right? I'd like to see where God put this in writing. Show me the paper trail, please.

BBM

I was afraid of this.

I love that they are able to take down the *advertiser censored* sites. But unforunately the site hosts will be able to put them back up. They will also be able to move them to another site so it will take longer for the hackers to find them. Also it is questionable whether the LE will be able to prosecute the names on the lists because of the way they were located. FWIW if charged with *advertiser censored*, the charged person could and probably would claim that they had a legitimate site and that the hacker took it over and put up the *advertiser censored* and/or made it inaccessible to the owner.

But I do love the fact that they are able to take the sites down and take them down quickly.

I wonder if the hackers have ever considered instead of posting their logo, maybe posting a fake confession/renunciation from the owners of the website. Wouldn't that be cool for the customers to go to the site for a visit and instead find a letter that says in essence "I have been posting *advertiser censored*, I have come to realize that what I was doing was wrong and harmful, I have decided to take the site offline and begin trying to make up for the harm I caused."

So, if the pedophiles are claiming their predilection for children is a GOD GIVEN RIGHT because they were BORN that way ( as in likening themselves to gay and lesbian orientation)........

They are completely disregarding that this is ABUSIVE and CRIMINAL ASSAULT on children, of course thinking only of themselves and what THEY want.

So....... Using their OWN logic, if I was BORN with a predilection for pounding the heads of pedophiles into the dirt with a claw hammer, can I just claim this as my GOD GIVEN RIGHT? It's just possible that I really was born this way, really, and I'm just betting millions of others were too.

Arrgghhh.

The one pedophile I ever had to deal with at work who said he was "born this way" was filled with self-loathing. He hated himself and put himself through years of therapy to not act on his urges. He never would have justified his actions with that. He had always known his urges that developed at a very young age were wrong.

The completely unrepentant (except for being caught) had more of an attitude like that website where they should be able to do what they want. Absolutely disgusting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back