Hank Croslin - No Way Misty Hurt Haleigh Cummings

i'm sure that tim miller is being truthful in his apology. both him an mark both have strong emotions in this case.

what i don't understand is that misty keeps claiming she doesnt kno what happened to haleigh and she says she was asleep, how come she keeps failing the polygraphs?
she needs to tell the truth. if she was telling the truth, what she says would match the forensic evidence and she wouldn't fail the polys.

While I have plenty of theories as to why Misty is failing her tests, I think that it falls on the shoulders of Putnam County Sheriffs Department to figure out why she comes up with unsatisfactory results. The sooner they get to the bottom of that the sooner they can resume their investigation into Haleigh's alleged"non-stranger" abduction.

While I have plenty of theories as to why Misty is failing her tests, I think that it falls on the shoulders of Putnam County Sheriffs Department to figure out why she comes up with unsatisfactory results. The sooner they get to the bottom of that the sooner they can resume their investigation into Haleigh's alleged"non-stranger" abduction.

what are your ideas about it? i love hearing others ideas'.
if you don't want to share its okay though.

what are your ideas about it? i love hearing others ideas'.
if you don't want to share its okay though.

Well, because I am not eager to open old wounds on this topic....lol...I will stick with what the experts say about what might factor in to passing or failing a wide variety of truth tests. There actually are numerous reasons as to why someone would not be a good candidate for truth testing. Personally the most significant reason in my opinion would be Misty's intelligence or lack there-of. No disrespect intended but there truly have been studies done on this subject. Misty quit school after the 6th grade and I find that very disturbing.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/polygraph/ota/validity.html

snip~Intelligence

Intelligence is an additional variable which potentially might affect detectability. The ability of intelligent subjects to anticipate questions may affect polygraph accuracy. One possibility is that intelligent subjects are less detectable because, if trained, they are able to anticipate questions and employ countermeasures. Another possibility is that because intelligent subjects better understand the implications of a polygraph examination, they will respond to relevant questions with heightened arousal when they are attempting to deceive (2o).

There has been relatively little research on intelligence and polygraph testing. In one of the few experiments which look at intelligence and detectability, Kugelmass (95) found no correlation between intelligence and responsivity on a peak of tension (POT) card test. On the other hand, research by Gustafson and Orne (65) found that motivation to deceive increased the probability of detection. Barland and Raskin (20) feel this is evidence of the potential role of intelligence. Barland and Raskin’s study (22) which compared detection rates among subjects of different education levels, found no difference. However, a separate analysis of the sources of false positive errors by Raskin (133) found that the majority of false positives occurred among subjects who had college degrees. Level of education, of course, is not a perfect indicator of intelligence, and there is a need to better understand these relationships...~end snip

eta more info at link about other factors such as drugs, gender, setting, circumstances, etc.....

Well, because I am not eager to open old wounds on this topic....lol...I will stick with what the experts say about what might factor in to passing or failing a wide variety of truth tests. There actually are numerous reasons as to why someone would not be a good candidate for truth testing. Personally the most significant reason in my opinion would be Misty's intelligence or lack there-of. No disrespect intended but there truly have been studies done on this subject. Misty quit school after the 6th grade and I find that very disturbing.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/othergov/polygraph/ota/validity.html

snip~Intelligence

Intelligence is an additional variable which potentially might affect detectability. The ability of intelligent subjects to anticipate questions may affect polygraph accuracy. One possibility is that intelligent subjects are less detectable because, if trained, they are able to anticipate questions and employ countermeasures. Another possibility is that because intelligent subjects better understand the implications of a polygraph examination, they will respond to relevant questions with heightened arousal when they are attempting to deceive (2o).

There has been relatively little research on intelligence and polygraph testing. In one of the few experiments which look at intelligence and detectability, Kugelmass (95) found no correlation between intelligence and responsivity on a peak of tension (POT) card test. On the other hand, research by Gustafson and Orne (65) found that motivation to deceive increased the probability of detection. Barland and Raskin (20) feel this is evidence of the potential role of intelligence. Barland and Raskin’s study (22) which compared detection rates among subjects of different education levels, found no difference. However, a separate analysis of the sources of false positive errors by Raskin (133) found that the majority of false positives occurred among subjects who had college degrees. Level of education, of course, is not a perfect indicator of intelligence, and there is a need to better understand these relationships...~end snip

i hear you on the tests, i think that professionals should test misty to see if she has some problems comprehending whats asked of her.

however ldt tests aside, what she told the police doesn't match up to forensic evidence they have..
i am thinking it may be a case of misty lied or it would match up.
i really wish we knew what the "forensic evidence" is..

i hear you on the tests, i think that professionals should test misty to see if she has some problems comprehending whats asked of her.

however ldt tests aside, what she told the police doesn't match up to forensic evidence they have..

You are correct. LE does state that her account and the evidence do not jive with one another. My concern is if they don't feel that her inconsistencies are serious enough to act upon, then what they need to do is continue an investigative effort to find the truth. Especially considering their statement that the "evidence" does not support her account. A child is gone and if Law Enforcement wants the public to believe that Misty is indeed "the key" it's time to open up the floodgates. Personally I am beginning to have my doubts about where their investigation has lead them.

I would like to comment on the fact that the forensic evidence is not mentioned as being the inconsistancy but the physical evidence which could of been staged. Misty has not been arrested and charged because of these inconsistancies IMO because something seems to suggest that LE and the DA can not prosocute on inconsistancies within the physical evidence alone and Mistys story. Forensic evidence would suggest a collaboration of evidence and Misty's inconsistant event and timeline would of been probaple cause to arrest IMO. I could be wrong, but, something is holding up the arrest process if LE does know who removed HaLeigh and has hid her.

Or maybe LE knows that Haleigh wasn't simply "removed and hidden" at all but lacks sufficient evidence to bring the appropriate charges either because this was not the original crime scene--or was cleaned up very thoroughly prior to their arrival.

In AH article it says "TEST" info, We’ve learned Police have found TEST information gleaned about Misty’s behaviour pertinent to the probe, and Miller says he’d do it again if it would help find Haleigh presumably this was supposed to be "TES?"

It takes a big man to make a sincere apology... and a big man to accept it. I have nothing but gratitude and respect for both these men, the vital role each respectively plays and the services they provide. Klaas Kids Foundation can help prepare and equip parents like myself to hopefully prevent such a tragedy in the first place. And God forbid if those safeguards and my vigilance should ever fail, I kinow I'd want Tim in my corner. God bless Mark & Tim. JMO

:parrot:

Wait a minute - in Harris' story he writes:
While Misty chased after the robber, she told police she got back into the car with Steedley, who drove off.
So, Misty chased the robber? or Harris is mistaken and didn't proof read his story again.

probably the latter.:innocent:

I would like to comment on the fact that the forensic evidence is not mentioned as being the inconsistancy but the physical evidence which could of been staged. Misty has not been arrested and charged because of these inconsistancies IMO because something seems to suggest that LE and the DA can not prosocute on inconsistancies within the physical evidence and Mistys story. Forensic evidence would suggest a collaboration of evidence and Misty's inconsistant event and timeline would of been probaple cause to arrest IMO. I could be wrong, but, something is holding up the arrest process if LE does know who removed HaLeigh and has hid her.

i was just going by what i read in this article :angel:
what if all they needed from her was a confession that matches the physical evidence? the article said neither ron or crystal are suspects..
mizz misty knows something she ain't telling in fear of going to prison for life

"Investigators have said Croslin-Cummings is the key to the case and that her version of events the night the girl disappeared doesn’t add up.

“She’s the key person, and we’ll still say that,” Greenwood said. Her accounts and the physical evidence “don’t match up,” he said.

“We need to know what was going on that night. All we’ve been able to obtain at this point are sketchy statements from Misty Croslin. We do not know what she was doing that night,” Greenwood said. "
http://www.ocala.com/article/200910...pe-strong-for-Haleigh-Cummings-8-months-later

i was just going by what i read in this article :angel:
what if all they needed from her was a confession that matches the physical evidence? the article said neither ron or crystal are suspects..
mizz misty knows something she ain't telling in fear of going to prison for life

"Investigators have said Croslin-Cummings is the key to the case and that her version of events the night the girl disappeared doesn’t add up.

“She’s the key person, and we’ll still say that,” Greenwood said. Her accounts and the physical evidence “don’t match up,” he said.

“We need to know what was going on that night. All we’ve been able to obtain at this point are sketchy statements from Misty Croslin. We do not know what she was doing that night,” Greenwood said. "
http://www.ocala.com/article/200910...pe-strong-for-Haleigh-Cummings-8-months-later

BBM this is where my ears perk up. "the key" claims to be sleeping on the night in question. Greenwood states that the physical evidence "don't match up" with that. If they have evidence that she is being untruthful about that account why not back up their claim. They have the evidence according to them to refute her statement. It is obvious that Misty is not going to change her recollection of the events leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, so if she is lying and guilty of misleading law enforcement, why is she still a free woman? When officials suspect someone of being untruthful and misleading, since when does that go unpunished?

BBM this is where my ears perk up. "the key" claims to be sleeping on the night in question. Greenwood states that the physical evidence "don't match up" with that. If they have evidence that she is being untruthful about that account why not back up their claim. They have the evidence according to them to refute her statement. It is obvious that Misty is not going to change her recollection of the events leading up to Haleigh's disappearance, so if she is lying and guilty of misleading law enforcement, why is she still a free woman? When officials suspect someone of being untruthful and misleading, since when does that go unpunished?

ITA! If they arrest her then maybe after a few days in jail, she will break down and tell whatever it is they think she isn't telling. Apply some pressure!

I'm starting to wonder if LE does know where and who has Haleigh, and if they revealed where Haleigh is by going and getting her, it would expose their investigation for what it's been all along.

How much information can someone give if they are asleep? What's sketchy, she accounts for all of her times at the home. After all the company left, she claims to have put movies in for the children, they went to bed around 8pm. She goes to bed at or shortly after 10pm awakes to a light, and back door open propped by a brick and realizes Haleigh is gone. What is sketchy about that?

No one has claimed to see her outside of the home for the entire evening and night. Her cell phone was off and home. Cell pings and records should verify that. She has no vehicle.

They arrest Tommy. He then claims after 7 months he was there at the home in the critical time of Haleighs disappearance. Did he make that claim to get out of jail and verify LE's story of what happened that night? Seems LE hasn't done what they can do.

I think they know Misty was home that night, and I think they are ignoring the facts that point away and towards those who have motive to take Haleigh. The Sheffield side, due to the back child support, and the Grandfather/Father of Crystal Marty Sheffield who made claims during court custody proceedings that he had raised Haleigh and Ron "stole" Haleigh from him. What is up with that? Motive?

ITA! If they arrest her then maybe after a few days in jail, she will break down and tell whatever it is they think she isn't telling. Apply some pressure!

That would make sense wouldn't it? Wouldn't it be safe to assume that Law Enforcement would be giddy upon discovering an opportunity to apply pressure to the "key" to their investigation? I thought road rage was a crime and I am certain attempting to purchase illegal substances is a crime as well. :waitasec:

I'm starting to wonder if LE does know where and who has Haleigh, and if they revealed where Haleigh is by going and getting her, it would expose their investigation for what it's been all along.

How much information can someone give if they are asleep? What's sketchy, she accounts for all of her times at the home. After all the company left, she claims to have put movies in for the children, they went to be around 8pm. She goes to bed at or shortly after 10pm awakes to a light, and back door open propped by a brick and realizes Haleigh is gone. What is sketchy about that?

No one has claimed to see her outside of the home for the entire evening and night. Her cell phone was off and home. Cell pings and records should verify that. She has no vehicle.

They arrest Tommy. He then claims after 7 months he was there at the home in the critical time of Haleighs disappearance. Did he make that claim to get out of jail and verify LE's story of what happened that night? Seems LE hasn't done what they can do.

I think they know Misty was home that night, and I think they are ignoring the facts that point away and towards those who have motive to take Haleigh. The Sheffield side, due to the back child support, and the Grandfather/Father of Crystal Marty Sheffield who made claims during court custody proceedings that he had raised Haleigh and Ron "stole" Haleigh from him. What is up with that? Motive?

KOOL, I have been trying to find the video where this is discussed. Or the documents, do you remember where you read or saw it? Thanks in advance. : )

I agree. Lets get it on. See my previous post. Put Misty in Jail, since they have evidence that contradicts her. Do it, please.

KOOL, I have been trying to find the video where this is discussed. Or the documents, do you remember where you read or saw it? Thanks in advance. : )

curvecuti posted this morn about Marty's statements in the custody court docs. Ask her, she knows for sure. I just found out, he and family up and moved to another state right after Haleighs disappearance. What would make this man think that he had all rights to Haleigh Cummings? Sorry for not being able to provide a link. i will go look though. found curvecuti's post. an audio tape of marty is over at art's site where he's talking about crystals drug use. don't know if theres the other part of his claims about Ron. I'm still digging.

I believe Tommy was the one who reported that she may not have been at home early on in the case, and it was only after his arrest that we found out it was him, because he'd been there. What LE can't do is PROVE she wasn't there. Tommy says he never went in (physically verified she wasn't there) and Misty insists she was. You have a he said/she said situation. Can't arrest her because her story disagrees with what Tommy said, even if it appears LE believes Tommy more than her.

The physical evidence that she wasn't there could be as simple as the bed was made when she said they were sleeping in it. They can't prove she wasn't sleeping in it. They can only view the bed is made, and cannot prove she didn't make it after throwing all the blankets off in a search for Haleigh.

In short, they have nothing they can arrest her for. (examples above are my speculation on what we know, not facts.)

About Art Harris.

I have enjoyed Art's reporting for quite a while. When he started his blog we talked by phone and I was more impressed than ever with him.

He is not a newspaper or TV show but he is media. He is used as a source all the time. He may not get it right every time but he is in the thick of things.

Art Harris is a legitimate reporter. Legitimate being the key word. He is a good guy.

That's why we use him as a media source for those of you who might be wondering.

Now, let me tell you that my heart, my soul, AND my gut (which a family of four could hide comfortably in) tell me that the police have more solid evidence that Misty is lying. The police just haven't released it to the public yet. That is my opinion anyway.

I don't know why the cops don't tell us (us being Websleuths) everything. We won't tell for goodness sake. Jeesh. :angel:

I believe Tommy was the one who reported that she may not have been at home early on in the case, and it was only after his arrest that we found out it was him, because he'd been there. What LE can't do is PROVE she wasn't there. Tommy says he never went in (physically verified she wasn't there) and Misty insists she was. You have a he said/she said situation. Can't arrest her because her story disagrees with what Tommy said, even if it appears LE believes Tommy more than her.

The physical evidence that she wasn't there could be as simple as the bed was made when she said they were sleeping in it. They can't prove she wasn't sleeping in it. They can only view the bed is made, and cannot prove she didn't make it after throwing all the blankets off in a search for Haleigh.

In short, they have nothing they can arrest her for. (examples above are my speculation on what we know, not facts.)

Law Enforcement are supposed to be the people that the public can trust in this case. If they are going to come out and make a statement to the public that there is physical evidence that contradicts her account of what happened that night then by golly they better have some physical evidence to back up their statement. They held 202 Gr Lane for how many weeks?

Yes, they can arrest her for something. There is a child missing and it is their statement that physical evidence does not corroborate her account. It is my opinion that if Law Enforcement were not going to back up their claims against Misty, they never should have bothered to tell us that they have the physical evidence to prove she is lying. Perhaps their statement didn't accomplish what they thought it might, but whatever, it's done. I wish they would get back to investigating or searching for the truth. Haleigh is still missing and if they aren't going to arrest Misty then perhaps they can find someone to arrest. MO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back