Hank Croslin Sr Arrested 11/24/09

lol...I have to agree, I would probably invade their personal space if I saw any of them out, actually....lol maybe not, they seem to like their guns.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, I actually have to go and devil some eggs and frost some pumpkin bars before my daughter and husband get home from work, I have finally got looking busy down to an art! ; )

Ot but ooooh, pumpkin bars? That sounds yummy.

I don't know if this is allowed or not, so if not, mods please remove it. I am very happy to see this story! I was almost out of faith tonight until reading it. It's a good read, IMO. (Also, sorry if it has been posted already, I haven't looked everywhere)

http://www.artharris.com/

As the agent cuffed Hank Thomas Croslin, Sr., 41, and lead the patriarch of the tight-knit family away, another agent pulled Lindsay aside, no longer hiding law enforcement strategy, and read her the riot act: that the Croslins would keep feeling a world of hurt as long as Misty failed to cooperate.
<snip>

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and Kool Look, that pic in your siggy line is just beautiful.

What struck me the most in the harris report is the fact Hank Sr. can not read or write. Amazing.

The bold part struck me...
&#8220;But it&#8217;s making us all look bad. I don&#8217;t know what to do, except I do know
we will stick by each other because we are a family. We had nothing to do with this.
We are not killers. We are not bad people.&#8221;

Chelsea said she had Lindsy's van parked at her house the evening HaLeigh disappeared because her vehicle was damaged in an accident that sameday and was in for repairs.

That is incorrect.
Quote from Chelsea from an Art Harris interview:

Two days before Haleigh turned up missing last February, a drunk driver with no insurance smashed into the used car Timmy and Chelsea had just bought days earlier. Hank, Sr., her father in law wound up in the hospital in Gainesville, Fla., she says, and didn’t come home until after Haleigh vanished, on crutches, pins in his leg and a lot of pain.

http://www.artharris.com/2009/10/05/exclusive-inside-the-haleigh-cummings-family-feud/

What struck me the most in the harris report is the fact Hank Sr. can not read or write. Amazing.

Well I don't know how he had a drywall business without knowing how to read or write. I guess that could be why they had no concerns about Misty dropping out of school at an early age....sad

Well I don't know how he had a drywall business without knowing how to read or write. I guess that could be why they had no concerns about Misty dropping out of school at an early age....sad
I'm sure it was difficult, but I had an uncle that had a masonry business that could not read or write. I'm sure Tommy prob. helped him out w/ that part. :)

I haven't posted on Haleighs case, just been following along for the past few months. But for some reason I have incredible hope as of this latest development. Probably means nothing, but maybe not.

LE is putting the pressure on the family to get them to tell them what Misty knows. They are trying to find the weakest link in the bunch and get that person to give them something. They can't get Misty to tell what she knows, but if she told anybody, anything about that night, they figure it has to be family. She went home shortly after IIRC, TN was asked where was Misty and she said she went home, she has one. So maybe she told her mom something. Pressure on Tommy revealed he went there that night around 9:30 10pm so they are hoping there is more. If enough pressure is put on them, they will give her up. The addiction will win out over family secrets. And Lindsy knows that her dad is doctor shopping, she is not that stupid. You don't need 300 pain killers. You know it is against the law to go to more than one doctor at a time for pain meds. She is going to ruin her life, lose her kids and for what? She can lose her license if she gets it over drug addicts.

Tommy's admission he went to the MH that night and it didn't appear anyone was home was the first crack in the wall for LE

The divorce was the second crack in the wall for LE.

Keep the pressure up and make it hard for them to get their drugs and you will see another crack. Little by little it come down and LE will find out what happened to Haleigh. If Misty not talking makes it a problem for the Croslins, like not being about to deal, or losing kids to DCF, it will take it's toll and they will give her up.

I agree it is very sad that Hank Sr can't read or write. Altho it is far more common a problem in the western world than most think. It could have started with dyslexia undiagnosed, leading to lack of education, who knows, but is is sad.

I'm still not convinced Tommy is telling the truth about going to the MH that night. I'm not sure I can believe anything he says, not that reliable of a witness, if you know what I mean.

My mind keeps going back to the 'men in black took my sissy' that Jr reportedly said.

I don't think Hank Sr knows what happened, he was too busy being fixed in the hospital from his car accident.

Everyone says the police will keep the pressure on this family as long as Misty doesn't cooperate. Well- what happens if they all pick up and move out of state?? I'm sure if they had the money to leave they would have by now. They have to keep coming up with bail money tho!

Where is HALEIGH??!! I don't want another Jon Benet situation where all these years later and we still haven't found out the truth. Please lord, do something to find haleigh.

This family has addiction issues, if someone was going to slip up and spill the beans, I think it would have happened by now!

I do not believe Hank Sr. can't read. If you were not a drug addict, could you stand to be in that small mobile home, surrounded by addicts, knowing there is a possibility DCF may take your children, and keep bailing all the family out of jail?
I think LE meant exactly what they said. The stash of drugs left in the mobile home will be used up and LE will be following everyone from that family wherever they go to score more drugs, even if it is another state. It's not pretty when an addict wants his drugs and can't get any.

I can believe Hank Sr. can not read. What I do not believe is he didn't know what he was doing by Dr. shopping was wrong.

The bold part struck me...
“But it’s making us all look bad. I don’t know what to do, except I do know
we will stick by each other because we are a family. We had nothing to do with this.
We are not killers. We are not bad people.”

I read the new article posted over on AH's site and there was a lot of things that stood out to me. I have to admit though, I actually had to go back and re-read the article again after I saw your post. Wonder how Art felt about the "we are not killers" statement. Hopefully he asked her who they are supposed to have killed.

I truly don't understand the comment about "it making us look bad", their own actions are what is making them look bad in my opinion. Perhaps if they don't want to look bad they shouldn't be stealing, fighting, lying, or obtaining and using drugs illegally.

I also noticed that she said Hank Sr couldn't read or write, I don't know if I believe that. Didn't he own his own company, a drywall business? How do you not know how to read or write and still prepare contracts and pay employees? Something weird about that. JMO

I read the new article posted over on AH's site and there was a lot of things that stood out to me. I have to admit though, I actually had to go back and re-read the article again after I saw your post. Wonder how Art felt about the "we are not killers" statement. Hopefully he asked her who they are supposed to have killed.

I truly don't understand the comment about "it making us look bad", their own actions are what is making them look bad in my opinion. Perhaps if they don't want to look bad they shouldn't be stealing, fighting, lying, or obtaining and using drugs illegally.

I also noticed that she said Hank Sr couldn't read or write, I don't know if I believe that. Didn't he own his own company, a drywall business? How do you not know how to read or write and still prepare contracts and pay employees? Something weird about that. JMO
I think he and Tommy, possibly Timmy were te only employees. My guess they were hired by general contractors to do drywall and were probably paid in cash alot. Imo, there probably wasn't alot of contracts drawn up. :)

AH has stated on NG that investigators (privately) share the same opinion as TM that Haleigh is deceased so I doubt he was too confused as to what Lindsay was stating when she said the Croslins weren't killers.

AH has stated on NG that investigators (privately) share the same opinion as TM that Haleigh is deceased so I doubt he was too confused as to what Lindsay was stating when she said the Croslins weren't killers.

Okay I am going to have to go on a mission because I have absolutely never heard that. I won't bother you for a link, I don't mind looking things up myself.

I just can't believe Law Enforcement would make that leap from missing to dead like that. I thought I remembered statements from them not too long ago that they still have hope she's alive. If what you say is true and Art H did say that on NG, I find it distasteful and wrong for them to say such a thing when there is a mother and father out there who are counting on them to find Haleigh.

Okay I am going to have to go on a mission because I have absolutely never heard that. I won't bother you for a link, I don't mind looking things up myself.

I just can't believe Law Enforcement would make that leap from missing to dead like that. I thought I remembered statements from them not too long ago that they still have hope she's alive. If what you say is true and Art H did say that on NG, I find it distasteful and wrong for them to say such a thing when there is a mother and father out there who are counting on them to find Haleigh.

I find it distateful and suspicous that from the minute Ron learned his daughter was missing he has been counting on LE to find her.

I think he and Tommy, possibly Timmy were te only employees. My guess they were hired by general contractors to do drywall and were probably paid in cash alot. Imo, there probably wasn't alot of contracts drawn up. :)

I understand what your saying, but even if Tommy and Timmy were the only employees it would seem like he would still need to know how to read and write. Even if his drywall business wasn't that big he would still have to file tax returns and stuff right?

Okay, I just asked my husband...lol.. He used to do some construction before he got his degree in Environmental Engineering, lol....he didn't agree with me. I asked him if it was possible for someone to own a drywall company if they didn't know how to read or write. He said as long as he knows how to read a tape measure....I guess he told me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back