Hank Croslin Sr Arrested 11/24/09

I knew a guy who worked for the DOT (road service). He couldn't read or write. The only thing he could do was sign his name to his pay check. He managed to keep his job his entire life there and get people to cover for him with his bosses. He couldn't read the road signs, yet, he worked on the road crews. So people do manage in this day and age to get by.

Nobody at first, he should have been out looking for her at the very first. He had no idea if she was just down the block or next door.

We don't know what RC was doing, none of us were there. I mean how much time passed before the 911 call and Law Enforcement's arrival?

Ronald believed Haleigh was afraid of the dark, he said so over and over that he knew his child and she wouldn't leave the trailer, heck even Crystal said Haleigh was afraid of the dark. It was after 3 in the morning, What should he have done?

If I ever come home at 3am and someone is standing in the door, and tells me my child is gone, the first thing I am going to do is get a call in to LE. I have a 6yr old that is scared of the dark, no way is she wandering off outside at 3am. And as far as we know he did call/look for her before LE arrived. moo.

I agree, if you child is gone, call 911 and stay put. How can they ask you any thing if you are gone? My only thing is Ron should have been on the phone not Misty, she couldn't give them the information for the Amber Alert. I think that is what the dispatcher was doing, getting what she needed to get Haleigh's description out there for the Amber Alert and LE. But in a crisis no one thinks straight.

hehehe, and if this be the case, me thinks definately LE is up to sompteen and we may be seeing some action for the good of Haleigh's case. For I can't think of any other reason why to pull a "fast one" on LE's side but for only to further the investigation.

I agree with the other poster, that is a beautiful pic in your signature. I don't normally even look at people's pics and things and have it disabled when I sign. This time I was too lazy to sign in and saw that pic. Been feeling blue here and it helped me feel better. On topic now, I can believe Hank couldn't read and still was able to work. He probably did have help or learned to mask his disability really well. My ex ran his own businesses sucessfully and could barely read due to probably non treated dyslexia. He even became a preacher.

I agree, if you child is gone, call 911 and stay put. How can they ask you any thing if you are gone? My only thing is Ron should have been on the phone not Misty, she couldn't give them the information for the Amber Alert. I think that is what the dispatcher was doing, getting what she needed to get Haleigh's description out there for the Amber Alert and LE. But in a crisis no one thinks straight.

He hung up. Twice. He gave no information to the dispatcher when he DID talk, and when LE arrived on the scene, was unable to give them any information at all.

but this is the Hank Sr thread......so, I guess I'd offer that whether Hank can read or no, bears little on Haleigh's disappearance.

Okay I am going to have to go on a mission because I have absolutely never heard that. I won't bother you for a link, I don't mind looking things up myself.

I just can't believe Law Enforcement would make that leap from missing to dead like that. I thought I remembered statements from them not too long ago that they still have hope she's alive. If what you say is true and Art H did say that on NG, I find it distasteful and wrong for them to say such a thing when there is a mother and father out there who are counting on them to find Haleigh.

Elle1919.. Here is the video.. AH states that investigators believe Haleigh is deceased. He claims they have stated so privately eventhough they have not publically announced that to be the case...
Personally, I cannot believe that AH would make a statement like that unless he knew that the investigators believe she is deceased..
And IMHO.. CS may be counting on them to find Haleigh, but I'm not certain Ron C is that eager for her to be found...JMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9c8JLnPfOE

I agree with the other poster, that is a beautiful pic in your signature. I don't normally even look at people's pics and things and have it disabled when I sign. This time I was too lazy to sign in and saw that pic. Been feeling blue here and it helped me feel better. On topic now, I can believe Hank couldn't read and still was able to work. He probably did have help or learned to mask his disability really well. My ex ran his own businesses sucessfully and could barely read due to probably non treated dyslexia. He even became a preacher.

BBM in Haleigh's favorite colors. Know what you mean, I too, needed that hug, and reached out as the greatest need was in part coming from this case and forum not only for myself, but for you also. Our Lord works like that, he is the "Double Blessor".

Hank probably can read enough to get by, like most that aren't practiced good reader and writers. The way the world is today, versus back yon, advertising, titling, words, letters plaster everything we look at and see. We're a physical visual world, he knows how to read his pill bottles, he also knows the rules to engage in any scheduled controlled narcotics, the doctors don't play around when they prescribe them. They inform the patient fully of the laws in owning them.

One of our posters brought up the fact, we don't have substantial proof Hank Sr. was in the hospital that night, we know a car crash occurred, but, only if I know he was admitted the entire night into the hours of the morning when LE arrived can I rule him completely out. Though I don't have a hard time believing he was admitted either. I just want another source besides Art Harris, and some of the shoddy, not so accurate news articles that were coming out in the case early on that we're double checked nor updated regularly like should be done according to another one of our posters here who has reporting news article writing experience personally. Whew, what a mouth full this early morn. Off to shop, my 21 year old girl Haylee wants to spend her Mommy's money.

Did the pills Hank Jr had in the van the day he got busted belong to his father?

Why was Hank Jr only charged with drug poss'n and Misty shown leniency? I wonder if Tommy is angry and resentful about this.

Why was Misty out buying pills rather than getting them from her father? Maybe she steals them from her father when she lives with him. Did Misty get pills from Tommy before the RO came into effect?

Where do the Croslins keep coming up with bond money?

Did the pills Hank Jr had in the van the day he got busted belong to his father?

Why was Hank Jr only charged with drug poss'n and Misty shown leniency? I wonder if Tommy is angry and resentful about this.

Why was Misty out buying pills rather than getting them from her father? Maybe she steals them from her father when she lives with him. Did Misty get pills from Tommy before the RO came into effect?

Tommy said they were his Dad's pills, but we don't know who's they were.

Not sure what you mean about Misty shown leniency?

No indication whether the drugs were Hank Sr's.

Tommy had the drugs in his possession (vehicle) and was not legally prescribed the meds, and was appropriately charged. Tommy would seem to be angry and resentful about a lot of things lately. I imagine something is eating away at him; especially if it is someone else's secret.

Misty had no drugs on her; the drugs at the scene were found on the ground and therefore no charges could be made against her, other than by using suspicion and as we've seen, those are thrown off immediately. But, she is a minor and we don't know what she was charged with, if she was charged. Her records would be sealed.

Maybe she does steal pills; it wouldn't surprise me in the least that there is a symbiotic drug relationship between the Croslins. Given that there are theorists who assume Hank Sr, Lisa, and Tommy arrived at GGM's house that beatdown night to "steal Misty's Xanax" it would seem to be the other way around. But since I do not personally ascribe to that theory, I would imagine that there was a supply of drugs for the Croslins as long as Misty was married and since then (when the troubles for the Croslins seemed to come to a head) that supply has dried up.

Now, just like any desperate junkie, the Croslins go looking for drugs any way they know how, and use them in excess when they get them because they don't know when they'll next get high and so HEY! Party like a rockstar for "right now."

Addiction is predictable. Addicts are predictable.

I understand what your saying, but even if Tommy and Timmy were the only employees it would seem like he would still need to know how to read and write. Even if his drywall business wasn't that big he would still have to file tax returns and stuff right?

Okay, I just asked my husband...lol.. He used to do some construction before he got his degree in Environmental Engineering, lol....he didn't agree with me. I asked him if it was possible for someone to own a drywall company if they didn't know how to read or write. He said as long as he knows how to read a tape measure....I guess he told me!

Another thing about not being able to read and write - how could someone get a driving license if they could not read and write? Any ideas?

Another thing about not being able to read and write - how could someone get a driving license if they could not read and write? Any ideas?

I don't know about anywhere else but in NC you could take an oral test. I believe they still do this.

Emeralgem, thank you for that video, I do remember hearing Art H speaking on NG that evening. I agree that Tim Miller has indeed made public statements that Haleigh Cummings is deceased. I remember the statement coming back in August that Tim Miller was going to go back to Satsuma after the foliage had died back to begin a new search for Haleigh. Specifically when he stated that he wanted to bring Haleigh home so that the family could have closure and a funeral. I don't doubt that Tim Miller believes that Haleigh is deceased, but as far as law enforcement investigators stating that to the public, I haven't heard that happen. If they have, I still am of the opinion that the proclamation that Haleigh Cummings is dead should be afforded only to her family, and in private.

Emeralgem, thank you for that video, I do remember hearing Art H speaking on NG that evening. I agree that Tim Miller has indeed made public statements that Haleigh Cummings is deceased. I remember the statement coming back in August that Tim Miller was going to go back to Satsuma after the foliage had died back to begin a new search for Haleigh. Specifically when he stated that he wanted to bring Haleigh home so that the family could have closure and a funeral. I don't doubt that Tim Miller believes that Haleigh is deceased, but as far as law enforcement investigators stating that to the public, I haven't heard that happen. If they have, I still am of the opinion that the proclamation that Haleigh Cummings is dead should be afforded only to her family, and in private.

BBM...Perhaps so, but seems the family members who may be fully aware of this being the case aren't talking and LE just decided to give NG and AH the go ahead to announce to the world their suspicions concerning Haleigh....

BBM...Perhaps so, but seems the family members who may be fully aware of this being the case aren't talking and LE just decided to give NG and AH the go ahead to announce to the world their suspicions concerning Haleigh....
I do not know of any LE agency that operates in this manner.

If they did that it is despicible and someone should be reprimanded, however, IMO, they didn't.

I do not know of any LE agency that operates in this manner.

If they did that it is despicible and someone should be reprimanded, however, IMO, they didn't.

If LE didn't want that particular information revealed, they need to take it up with NG and AH... They are the two that brought it to the forefront that night on her show....

I respect you and your opinion.

Even so we have this statement from Sheriff Hardy himself coming to the public CAUTIONING us about the media.

link : http://www.pcso.us/2009-8-17-a

snip~Sheriff Hardy realizes the importance of keeping the public involved in this case, and appreciates all of the leads that have been provided. Every lead that is provided is acted on by investigators. Sheriff Hardy cautions that because there are many who claim to be valid media outlets, that citizens should be careful not to fall into the trap of believing, or by accident spreading, the untrue and unreliable claims and assumptions of many bloggers who claim to be knowledgeable in the case. He also urges anyone that is assisting, or who wants to assist, to be cautious to stay within the bounds of their authority as they pursue their activities.~ end snip

Further he states that his aim is to assure the public, but mainly Haleighs family that they are actively pursuing leads.
snip~Sheriff Hardy wants to assure the public, but mainly Haleigh’s family, that we will continue to aggressively pursue this case and that we welcome the assistance of all Law Enforcement agencies or any other expert, including air, water, and ground searchers, that can assist in bringing Haleigh home. ~ end snip

I continue to believe that Law Enforcement are serving the family of Haleigh Cummings first and although they value the media's help in keeping the public informed, it is not the public that they are serving or informing first, it is Haleigh's family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back