Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I found creepy ...a websleuth posted yesterday Re: the adult home, one very odd 'review' of this business was/is on Google+. I won't link it as it's probably not allowed. It had a full name and picture next to the review.

I thought that was just some smart*** being sarcastic. IIRC it was posted after the remains were discovered. JMO

Sometimes I read these twitter posts and get all excited and then I laugh at myself. We MAY learn if it's Hannah today. Same thing as we may NOT. It's so frustrating waiting!

Same here, darn twitter. I need to go clean and stop watching these darn tweets. I get excited when I see a new one. I have to quick click it....lol

I really doubt that JM is a "methodical" killer. I would say he is the opposite. Based on the one Coy Barefoot article JM seems hyperactive and impulsive. He is short-tempered. He probably likes to improvise. He seems a bit slow based on the one video showing him talking to the judge in Texas. In that video it looks like he is having trouble verbalizing, inputting and outputting information. Also for a 32 year old he is a little behind in life. I would not be surprised if he has ADHD and a learning disability.

With you on this assessment....

I tend to think she was highly incapacitated, perhaps due to a date rape type drug from the drinks at Tempo. The way she was walking and running around earlier, then the reports that she could barely stand leaving Tempo after barely thirty minutes in JM's presence is a clear indicator. My gut feeling is that MH fought back and that's why her body/bones were in the condition they were. I think he went into a rage and broke bones with her. With HG, he "wised up" and slipped something in her drink to pretty much knock her out. I pray she was not very cognizant of what was happening to her in those final moments. I think it is very likely her bones will be in much better shape than MH's (not crushed/smashed).

I also wonder if HG was familiar with the area-- I know she was a student, but often college students (especially those living on a campus) aren't too familiar with the area around, unless they have a car or job that allows them to explore further outwards. Maybe in the state she was in, she didn't realize that where she was being taken was in a different direction than the UVa campus. Perhaps JM told her that it was a shortcut or something that led her to believe she was safe, and therefore didn't fight back.

Yes, there is a larger creek (forgot the name - ends with "ett") that runs behind the entire property but that doesn't appear to be the dry creek bed behind the house that has been referred to where the remains were found. IMO

Fair enough....I was making the assumption that they were one and the same. I know that some creeks often dry up around here after a few days of no rain.

In those two photos the dry creek bed appears to only run behind the main house, not the cottage. IMO

I don't see the dry creek bed. I think the creek would be in the trees behind the buildings. Could someone post the pic with what people are calling the dry creek bed marked? TIA

ETA: Found it. Thank you mirv22.

Correct me if this is a normal occurance, but it seems like law enforcement has been especially tight-lipped during this entire case-- not releasing any information about how they obtained the warrant for JM's car, what the type of forensic link was with MH, how exactly the body was found (the searcher attributed intuition and "god," while reports like Barefoot's talk about a tip,) the condition of the body, and the confirmation of the remains as HG has taken a good bit of time considering the press attention.

Just my opinion, but it makes me think that LE's got a whole lot more on JM than any of us are privy to. Maybe he's been someone they'd been watching for a long time in connection to many of these cases, but never had an actual reason for arrest/searches/ etc.

I suspect this is a byproduct of the involvement of the Federal LEOs.

In the Coy Barefoot article it says the creek behind the house is called Ammonett Branch. Here it is on Google Maps:

View attachment 61757

View attachment 61758

Yes, that was the creek that I "colored in" a few posts back. Another user is asserting that this is not the creek bed that the body was found in, whereas I'm asserting that it is. Remains to be seen I suppose....no pun intended...seriously, not intended at all.

I don't see the dry creek bed. I think the creek would be in the trees behind the buildings. Could someone post the pic with what people are calling the dry creek bed marked? TIA

I don't see the creek bed either and I see several buildings and don't get which one(s) are significant. :thinking:

Sometimes I read these twitter posts and get all excited and then I laugh at myself. We MAY learn if it's Hannah today. Same thing as we may NOT. It's so frustrating waiting!

Textbook mainstream media. We have nothing useful to report -- but will keep you baited.

I think it's interesting that LE specifically asked realtors to check uninhabited properties and, as another poster said, it looks like the yard, etc., were maintained here and yet no one saw Hannah. I guess there are people who never watch the news and don't know what's going on, but it seems like you'd have to have your head way in the sand to miss the stuff about Hannah, especially in Albemarle County. It's big news here in NC and I'm 3.5 or 4 hours away!

BBM. Yes. A lot of people are not aware of these things or pay it no mind at all. My family owns some farms and if ever a situation like that arises, I would contact LE and ask for them to search. No way they'd otherwise get searched anywhere thoroughly enough. I'm not comfortable in saying that my suburban yard is necessarily "clean" of anything. There are areas where a lot could be hidden. Only smell and a lot of carrion birds overhead would get me suspicious. When looking for a ball in the swale heavily covered with ground covering and under brush, not much area, mind you, we found a number of ball, soccer and basket balls and other things in there, and it took a long time to find the football we all knew landed in there.

Had the cadaver dogs searched that area at all? It's within the 8 mile radius and not far from public property and even the street I"d have thought those dogs would have caught that just if they were let loose in the public domain there.

I think it's interesting that LE specifically asked realtors to check uninhabited properties and, as another poster said, it looks like the yard, etc., were maintained here and yet no one saw Hannah. I guess there are people who never watch the news and don't know what's going on, but it seems like you'd have to have your head way in the sand to miss the stuff about Hannah, especially in Albemarle County. It's big news here in NC and I'm 3.5 or 4 hours away!

Yes, and the property was on the market, there was tip called in about the buzzard activity, just makes one wonder.

Yeah, I guess I'm not seeing what you are seeing. Based on maps, I see a creek that runs behind both houses. Perhaps there is another creek....
View attachment 61755

Based on the topo map, I believe there is a smaller drainage "creek" that comes in from the lower left corner of the photo. It'd guess it either runs very low with water or dry. I'll attach it to the message and mark it's likely location in red.
Graham-8.jpg

Correct me if this is a normal occurance, but it seems like law enforcement has been especially tight-lipped during this entire case-- not releasing any information about how they obtained the warrant for JM's car, what the type of forensic link was with MH, how exactly the body was found (the searcher attributed intuition and "god," while reports like Barefoot's talk about a tip,) the condition of the body, and the confirmation of the remains as HG has taken a good bit of time considering the press attention.
Just my opinion, but it makes me think that LE's got a whole lot more on JM than any of us are privy to. Maybe he's been someone they'd been watching for a long time in connection to many of these cases, but never had an actual reason for arrest/searches/ etc.

Don't know if this is typical or not. I don't think a lot of the info out about MH came from LE, but from her parents. Whether it indicates that LE has a lot of info or that they have very little or if it means nothing, we won't know until the case goes to trial and the evidence is presented. It seems to me that the DA is cautious. When Longo was on TV right before the "abduct with intention to defile" charge was levied on JM, he did say it was up to the DA and comment here seemed to be that a lot people felt that Longo was chomping at the bit and would have been more aggresive if it were up to him. He does not call all of the shots. The DA is the one that has to bring this home.

Yes, that was the creek that I "colored in" a few posts back. Another user is asserting that this is not the creek bed that the body was found in, whereas I'm asserting that it is. Remains to be seen I suppose....no pun intended...seriously, not intended at all.

I also think that it is the creek. Also according to Google Maps it seems that the Ammonett Branch creek ends behind the 3193 property. On Google Maps there are no more Ammonett Branch labels showing up so I'm guessing it ends behind this property.

All we have seen so far (or some of us at least) is JM walking on opposite side of mall then walking along side HG Why would LE ask for video footage of HG and JM together after 1:40 am if they had that proof in the first place? I find it inconceivable that nothing would have appeared on Youtube. Equally as strange there are no witness accounts of anyone seeing them together after the mall footage. It is almost like they both vanished after that.

The charges stem from probable cause and from what I have read it is an easy standard to meet. Proving defilement is much higher burden of proof. Just because he maybe bought her drinks or had his arm around her does not show that with premeditation he abducted and defiled her. Her condition based on video or witness interpretation is not damning enough IMO even Longo had different interpretations quoted in the press.

I keep reading there is video footage of them leaving Tempo. Where is that? Also owner of Tempo issued statement that HG was not in that bar. Who does a jury believe?

I've said before that I'm hoping they found a beer bottle in his car with his prints, her DNA, and traces of a date rape drug-- pretty damning evidence of intent to defile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74