Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could have easily been a real business. In VA, an "assisted living facility" doesn't have to mean a huge building with multiple beds. (VA Regulations for assisted living facilities are here - http://www.dss.virginia.gov/files/d...gulations/regulations/final_gp_reg_071713.pdf).

My husband's grandmother, who suffers from Alzheimer's, is in what is technically classified as an "assisted living facility." It is the home of a woman and her daughter, who are the owners and employees of the business and who care for my husband's grandmother and another elderly patient. They provide round-the-clock care and are paid out of the family's savings. This was a better situation than the overcrowded nursing facility she was in previously. This has been a huge trend in small business startups lately (the healthcare field in general, assisted living and nursing in particular). It is perfectly within the realm of possibility that whoever was living at this property before it became vacant was operating a similar business from their home. Albemarle County would have records of business name and business license, and the Department of Social Services would have state licensing information.

A local reporter "tweeted" me last night in response to some q's I had asked him about address. He said that the neighbors he spoke to never knew of the Mountainview business ever opening. If the owners' daughter was the person killed in the car accident and who was going to open that business, that could explain why it never opened. Not sure of all the dates of accident, etc, just thinking out loud.

https://twitter.com/HawesSpencer/status/523972622200360960

Yes, that was the creek that I "colored in" a few posts back. Another user is asserting that this is not the creek bed that the body was found in, whereas I'm asserting that it is. Remains to be seen I suppose....no pun intended...seriously, not intended at all.

I think one person saw the yellow crime tape in the photo and thought it was the creek. The creek isn't nearly so close to the house.

He may have buried her and the recent rains just uncovered her...

I think it's interesting that LE specifically asked realtors to check uninhabited properties and, as another poster said, it looks like the yard, etc., were maintained here and yet no one saw Hannah. I guess there are people who never watch the news and don't know what's going on, but it seems like you'd have to have your head way in the sand to miss the stuff about Hannah, especially in Albemarle County. It's big news here in NC and I'm 3.5 or 4 hours away!

Based on the topo map, I believe there is a smaller drainage "creek" that comes in from the lower left corner of the photo. It'd guess it either runs very low with water or dry. I'll attach it to the message and mark it's likely location in red.
View attachment 61759

That suggestion is very enlightening. Thanks! ETA: what is the CEM abbreviation there???

Do we know anything else about the property and owners, other than the car crash/daughter perishing a few years ago? I searched the 3193 address for hours yesterday and came up empty except for possible renters a few years back who have ping-ponged all over the country with businesses and addresses. Doubtful that they have anything to do with this nightmare. Nothing seemed amiss. I am wondering about that strange "call me for a massage/taxi ride" interview that we all heard from the woman/women who took a picture with JM, and gave him their cell phone numbers. There was a mention of a massage therapy connection to this address at point but I can't locate it, now. Anyway. I'm still searching.......

Yes, that was the creek that I "colored in" a few posts back. Another user is asserting that this is not the creek bed that the body was found in, whereas I'm asserting that it is. Remains to be seen I suppose....no pun intended...seriously, not intended at all.

Me, too. I think the Ammonett Creek is what is being referred to. here are the pics I posted earlier for people not seeing it on the Google Earth shots:

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 10.50.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2014-10-20 at 10.50.21 AM.png

Based on the topo map, I believe there is a smaller drainage "creek" that comes in from the lower left corner of the photo. It'd guess it either runs very low with water or dry. I'll attach it to the message and mark it's likely location in red.
View attachment 61759

That would make more logical sense to me. I understand it has been reported it is Ammonette Branch, just struggling to see how it would be totally dry, with all the rain you guys had the last couple of weeks and after browsing streetview for hours, it seems to me the location is at the bottom of a small incline? I would have thought Ammonette Branch would have not been a dry bed. A smaller 'creek' running down into Ammonette Branch could still be dry though?... IDK :thinking:

creek runs closer to cottage. don't confuse the tree lines for the path of the creek.

I'm not referring to the tree lines. I am referring to what appears to be a dry creek bed. It is in front of the tree line, behind the main house, and travels on to the neighboring property.

I've said before that I'm hoping they found a beer bottle in his car with his prints, her DNA, and traces of a date rape drug-- pretty damning evidence of intent to defile.

I can't stop feeling that a date rape drug was involved....she had been running and walking a good distance and then last seen practically immobile... if LE found any evidence of the drug in his car or apartment, THAT would indicate intent to defile. JMO

A local reporter "tweeted" me last night in response to some q's I had asked him about address. He said that the neighbors he spoke to never knew of the Mountainview business ever opening. If the owners' daughter was the person killed in the car accident and who was going to open that business, that could explain why it never opened. Not sure of all the dates of accident, etc, just thinking out loud.

https://twitter.com/HawesSpencer/status/523972622200360960

Karens Landscaping, Woodrow Campbell Logging, Philwood Farm, Darlene Packard Travel, mountainview adult home were all started or listed at or about the same time in 2010. Not all at the same address but the phone number associated with it.

I don't see the dry creek bed. I think the creek would be in the trees behind the buildings. Could someone post the pic with what people are calling the dry creek bed marked? TIA

ETA: Found it. Thank you mirv22.

For lack of a better description, it appears to be a bright area in front of and near to the tree lines behind the main house and travels on to the neighboring property. As it gets closer to the neighboring property (left side of photo) the rock bed becomes more visible. IMO

That suggestion is very enlightening. Thanks! ETA: what is the CEM abbreviation there???

A small cemetery. Here's a closer view of the house and the cemetery. House shaded with red and cemetery with green.

Graham-9.jpg

I'm not referring to the tree lines. I am referring to what appears to be a dry creek bed. It is in front of the tree line, behind the main house, and travels on to the neighboring property.

Well daggonnit...we'll just have to agree to disagree on the placement of this creek with you and with Jmm124567. I'm very strong in my assertion that it is placed where I marked it. Not directly behind the house, but rather in the woods...and very clearly runs behind the cottage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74