Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many gates and 'paths' in farm areas like this one pictured on Google maps. It's a way for farm equipment to get into the field, etc.

A Question: Morgan Harrington was left in the open at Anchorage farm---was there ever any reports of buzzards in that area? Could have found her sooner.....or was their mention of a decomposition accelerant in her case.

Just wonder why no one ever saw buzzards circling in the area of her body? The placement of her body does seem different from HG.

I know I'm way behind but just wanted to throw out that morgans case was different there wasn't as much of a recognized history and there wasn't all the evidence that we had in the HG iirc It was literally a total mystery as to what happened to her right up until her body was found and may people suspected she was voluntarily missing. So there wasn't this big press for people to search their properties and watch for birds etc. and that is in the country i'm sure seeing birds circle over a dead deer or cow is not out of the ordinary.

I have never smelled human remains. I have smelled several diff dead animals. They all seem to smell a bit different. Bears and pigs are the worst. So if I were to smell decomposing person I would not say "wow, that smells like a dead body". I think tho I would have to find what was smelling so bad.

Thank you John Tate90210

This map really makes me think that JLM floated MH's body to the location where she was found. I wish I knew what the two creeks in the area look like so we could know for sure.

I have never smelled human remains. I have smelled several diff dead animals. They all seem to smell a bit different. Bears and pigs are the worst. So if I were to smell decomposing person I would not say "wow, that smells like a dead body". I think tho I would have to find what was smelling so bad.

I have smelled decomposing human remains, it is the most terrible thing you would ever want to smell.

Pure speculation here, but would rape require victim testimony (the right to confront the accuser), whereas the object penetration may not require victim testimony? There has been a lot of skepticism that the victim from 2005 will come forward (some sources say she left the country). So maybe they can't charge rape without her? Would that make any sense?

I don't know that it would make a difference-- I think JLM might have used something nearby or that he brought to penetrate the victim. This, of course, would mean the DNA recovered was hair/saliva/semen in another location than her genitals, but it makes sense to me.

I am totally baffled now. Initial report talked about the skeleton being largely intact to the point of saying it looked to be a tall person due to the vertebrae. Now it was just a skull and some bones scattered across the dry creek bed? I really think that first interview was for JM's benefit, to try to appeal to any feelings of guilt and his "religious" side.

The contradicting information about the state of the remains wasn't from a new interview. It was secondhand from the initial interview with the Chesterfield officer who found the remains, taken from CNN, according to the article posted by FindHG. I'm sticking with the original account that was later removed as the most accurate.

DNA can be found in non-fluid sources such as hair and finger/toe nails. Perhaps the CNN doc said something about fluids that got overlooked. DNA has been extracted from hair samples that are hundreds and thousands of years old.

Seminal fluid was found in the anal canal of the Otztal Valley "caveman" who died more than 5,000 years ago. Obviously the circumstances regarding his death and subsequent natural mummification are very unique, though. I don't know if DNA was available for extraction from that particular sample.

The CNN doc either qualified his statement or had made assumptions that were not shared with the viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther