Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe so, I found another image with less leaf cover and traced out what I think you are talking about in light blue dash. solid blue would be path of Ammonette Branch. hard to tell though

View attachment 61765
In aerial photos yesterday, if you zoomed in, what looks like search personnel were visible between the 3-4th blue dash from the right side entering woods. They entered the wooded area at a corner off the left side facing the cottage.
MO: JM entered property through the driveway to the cottage and carried HG back to the creek bed off that left side facing the cottage. That technically is prob not that lady's property, but rather the property behind hers, but he accessed the spot through her property. I agree with those who say that gate is creepy..it is...but I don't think he went back there that way. The gate would be a hassle and probably locked. Straight up cottage driveway, carry her and cut back to the woods/creek bed, and back to the car he's outta there. Go home back up OLR straight home for him...done.
Grab easy target, then when he's done, straight to dump her off and straight home like nothing ever happened.
He's horrible.

Landscaper Troubled By Vultures Atop Empty House
Hawes Spencer 3:54 PM MON OCTOBER 20, 2014
http://wvtf.org/post/landscaper-troubled-vultures-atop-empty-house

From this article, what stood out to me about the vultures was that they were there all day. 30 vultures there in both the morning and night is A LOT.

From this link I saw earlier about the same man it said: Pugh, a hunter, noticed the vultures weren't the common turkey vultures that are often seen near roadkill.
"These were black vultures -- they've actually been known to kill newborn calves and deer fawns," says Pugh. "They don't just go after carcasses, they're actually aggressive hunters."

http://www.wtop.com/120/3725983/Va-man-talks-of-buzzard-sighting-near-remains

Sounds horrible to think it but to me, that info about the amount of vultures in the area, the length of time they were there and the fact that they were the more aggressive black vultures shows that it would be easy for a body to be in that shape when found only 35 days after going missing. If those birds will kill a live animal then I have no doubt that they could do that to a human.

Confused. In reference to the posts just above this (approx 430-442): is this correct? the landscaper called in the report about the buzzards just a few days ago and the remains were checked on and discovered the same day. Also, another neighbor noticed an odor and buzzards on approx oct 5-6. These two don't compute. The buzzards would not be working on a body for that long.

Is it that the landscaper called in the tip a while ago and it wasn't checked out for 2 weeks?

Thanks for clarifying.

Also, confused about the conflicting reports of the scattered remains. Was this victim dismembered? Or a natural scattering. Actually, the buzzards would explain the skeletal part. Otherwise, wouldn't there be more body left after this amount of time?

I'm not an expert but I've seen many cases before, and I 100% believe that by now, they have identified whether the body is HG or not. Whether they are willing to share or not at this point in time is a different situation. What is worrying me is that if this is HG, you would think they would have said by now. If it isn't, they may be trying to determine who it is. It's after 5 PM on Monday now. Dental records could easily solve this, especially if we are going by the testimony of the SAR officer stating that the skull was completely intact.

Why else would they not want to tell the public yet?

My husband often speaks decisively right up until the point I prove him wrong ;)

Of course its perfectly possible for someone to speak quite decisively, to not mince words, and to have no doubts, and still be utterly wrong. That's the sort of self-assured, bloviating windbag that news programs seek out. If it gets you to watch, and they can tell you've watched by the people discussing what he said, then they win. If later, it turns out their expert ME was wrong, they'll simply pretend it never happened.

First thought in my head, penetration with an object, he is impotent. Are there any rapes and murders that have been done with someone who is impotent? Just thought, someone here may know. Maybe just a crazy thought of mine, I have many.

Jodi Sanderholm

Perhaps there is a family member that hasn't been reached yet, or her parents have asked for a little more time.

I'm not an expert but I've seen many cases before, and I 100% believe that by now, they have identified whether the body is HG or not. Whether they are willing to share or not at this point in time is a different situation. What is worrying me is that if this is HG, you would think they would have said by now. If it isn't, they may be trying to determine who it is. It's after 5 PM on Monday now. Dental records could easily solve this, especially if we are going by the testimony of the SAR officer stating that the skull was completely intact.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

Quote:

Lori Hamilton lives just doorsteps from where police say the remains were found. She tells NBC29 her family noticed something unusual in the area in the past few days.

“My husband started smelling things two days ago and saw vultures. And yesterday he was like 'Lori it really smells bad outside, lets shut the windows,'” said Hamilton.

Hamilton says most of the neighbors know each other and would notice suspicious activity. Police have set up a command post on Old Lynchburg Road just down from Hamilton's home.

A neighbor who requested not to go on camera told NBC29 that Jesse Matthew lived in the old Lynchburg Road area about six years ago and was familiar with the roads and rural stretches of that part of Albemarle County.
That was one of the very first neighbor reports before anyone knew precisely where the remains were found and in what condition.

The woman who spoke on camera of the smell, really lives north of and some distance away from the crime scene and outside the area that was closed off on Saturday. I really question that whatever odor she and her husband experienced had to do with the remains found on Saturday.

Confused. In reference to the posts just above this (approx 430-442): is this correct? the landscaper called in the report about the buzzards just a few days ago and the remains were checked on and discovered the same day. Also, another neighbor noticed an odor and buzzards on approx oct 5-6. These two don't compute. The buzzards would not be working on a body for that long.

Is it that the landscaper called in the tip a while ago and it wasn't checked out for 2 weeks?

Thanks for clarifying.

Also, confused about the conflicting reports of the scattered remains. Was this victim dismembered? Or a natural scattering. Actually, the buzzards would explain the skeletal part. Otherwise, wouldn't there be more body left after this amount of time?

http://wvtf.org/post/landscaper-troubled-vultures-atop-empty-house

"Pugh says that when he spotted the buzzards in early October he knew that investigators, some of whom are his friends, were getting thousands of similar tips about the disappearance of University of Virginia student Hannah Graham, who vanished September 13."

How I read it is this one person reported the buzzards on the 5th-6th October. I don't think LE had gotten around to searching the area because of the amount of tips.

From this article, what stood out to me about the vultures was that they were there all day. 30 vultures there in both the morning and night is A LOT.

From this link I saw earlier about the same man it said: Pugh, a hunter, noticed the vultures weren't the common turkey vultures that are often seen near roadkill.
"These were black vultures -- they've actually been known to kill newborn calves and deer fawns," says Pugh. "They don't just go after carcasses, they're actually aggressive hunters."

http://www.wtop.com/120/3725983/Va-man-talks-of-buzzard-sighting-near-remains

Sounds horrible to think it but to me, that info about the amount of vultures in the area, the length of time they were there and the fact that they were the more aggressive black vultures shows that it would be easy for a body to be in that shape when found only 35 days after going missing. If those birds will kill a live animal then I have no doubt that they could do that to a human.

I listened to the interview and noticed several discrepancies in this interview and the interview he gave to Coy Barefoot. Don't know that it matters, but I couldn't help notice.

according to this report: http://www.wect.com/story/11920501/medical-examiner-rules-harringtons-death-a-homicide

it looks like it took four days to confirm that the remains belonged to Morgan Harrington--found on the 29th, ruled a homicide on the 2nd. I can't find a story in between the discovery and this one that indicate she was identified officially prior to the cause of death.

I suspect we will hear tomorrow or Wednesday that the remains belong to hannah graham.

Does anyone know if they are still searching the crime area?
I'm hopeful they'll find evidence, along with more bodies...

There is nothing, IMO, that smells worse than human remains.

I have never smelled human remains. I have smelled several diff dead animals. They all seem to smell a bit different. Bears and pigs are the worst. So if I were to smell decomposing person I would not say "wow, that smells like a dead body". I think tho I would have to find what was smelling so bad.

For some reason I have a feeling this may not be her, does anyone else feel that way?

Maybe a little clarity on the definitions-- animate object penetration can include a body part, just not any part of a person that fits the definition for rape or sodomy. From a case in Virginia earlier this year: (http://wtvr.com/2014/02/26/hanover-f...n-sex-charges/)

"While warrants do not spell out exactly what happened between Logie and an alleged female victim, legal expert Claire Cardwell can certainly explain the charges.

“He’s charged with ‘animate object sexual penetration,’ which indicates it was something other than a body part which would have caused the charge to be rape or sodomy,” said Cardwell. “It could be a finger or a toe used to penetrate the alleged victim.”

BBM

Okay so in other words a penis is required for a charge of rape. This is odd. Did the legal definition of attempted rape change. In all connections to MH from media or FBI, he is referred to as a rapist! I guess "Defiler" or "Penetrator" sounds less ominous though more accurate.

For some reason I have a feeling this may not be her, does anyone else feel that way?

No I think it is her. If not they would not be calling it a death investigation and acting like this. They would be saying an UNRELATED body was found in the search..

I missed the PC I had to go to a meeting, can anyone enlighten me about what was stated please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637