Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The word "object" does not necessarily mean that JM didn't penetrate the victim with his penis. There is a difference between "animate object" (which would be a penis or fingers) and "inanimate object" (which would be a bottle, broom, etc.) penetration. The charge doesn't specify which and as noted above, "Object Sexual Penetration" is a blanket title for the statute which includes both animate and inanimate penetration.

Maybe a little clarity on the definitions-- animate object penetration can include a body part, just not any part of a person that fits the definition for rape or sodomy. From a case in Virginia earlier this year: (http://wtvr.com/2014/02/26/hanover-f...n-sex-charges/)

"While warrants do not spell out exactly what happened between Logie and an alleged female victim, legal expert Claire Cardwell can certainly explain the charges.

“He’s charged with ‘animate object sexual penetration,’ which indicates it was something other than a body part which would have caused the charge to be rape or sodomy,” said Cardwell. “It could be a finger or a toe used to penetrate the alleged victim.”

BBM

A Question: Morgan Harrington was left in the open at Anchorage farm---was there ever any reports of buzzards in that area? Could have found her sooner.....or was their mention of a decomposition accelerant in her case.

Just wonder why no one ever saw buzzards circling in the area of her body? The placement of her body does seem different from HG.

Buzzards do not find every single carcass and corpse. I saw a lot of dead deer on the side of the road in western PA, but only twice did I see one picked clean by the carrion birds, and one time it was done very, very quickly. Saw the full carcass one day, and it was skeletal the next. That is not the usual and frightening.

Landscaper Troubled By Vultures Atop Empty House
Hawes Spencer 3:54 PM MON OCTOBER 20, 2014
http://wvtf.org/post/landscaper-troubled-vultures-atop-empty-house

"If I were gonna look for a place where someone may have have done something bad to someone, it was a perfect location. It's in the middle of nowhere, it's been abandoned for a few years, there's access to the back of the house where you could hide. The closest neighbor isn't even close. And if you knew the area, you'd know that no one would ever look at that spot.""If I were gonna look for a place where someone may have have done something bad to someone, it was a perfect location. It's in the middle of nowhere, it's been abandoned for a few years, there's access to the back of the house where you could hide. The closest neighbor isn't even close. And if you knew the area, you'd know that no one would ever look at that spot."

The neighbor couple DID notice a putrid odor and each commented to the other about it. We don't have a date or time frame when that occurred nor do we know if they called in a tip. We DO, however, have another neighbor who saw a large number of buzzards behind the subject house on October 5th and reported the tip on October 6th. If it is the odors caused by the gases of decomposition that attracts the buzzards, then perhaps the neighbors who smelled the odors did so during the same time frame when the other neighbor saw the buzzards.
The neighbors, who live closer to Red Hill Road, smelled the foul odor about two days before the discovery of the remains on OL Rd.

Press Conference coming up on News4 Washington re:FFX Rape NOW!!!!

Atempted Capital Murder
ABduction with the Intent to Defile
Penetration with an Object....

So I want to see if I have this right, correct my errors.

1. A body was found behind 3193 Old Lynchburg
2. This address is not now and possibly never was Mountainview Adult Home.
3. An adult home is in operation on Plank Rd.
4. The owner of 3193 lives on Plank Rd.
5. The person of contact for Mountainview Adult Home lives next door to 3193
6. The person that called in the buzzard tip was driving by, not a neighboring homeowner.

Is the adult home on Plank called Mountainview Adult Home?
Does the owner of 3193 have a connection to Mountainview Adult Home?

Thanks.

Jesse Matthew just indicted in Fairfax cty for the attack in 2005. I wonder if he is the Route 29 killer? There are so many missing girls down there. Creepy. I have been reading local Charlottesville blogs too. Eligible for death if charged in Fairfax County, but not charged with murder in Fairfax, so no DP. Yet...

DNA can be found in non-fluid sources such as hair and finger/toe nails. Perhaps the CNN doc said something about fluids that got overlooked. DNA has been extracted from hair samples that are hundreds and thousands of years old.

Seminal fluid was found in the anal canal of the Otztal Valley "caveman" who died more than 5,000 years ago. Obviously the circumstances regarding his death and subsequent natural mummification are very unique, though. I don't know if DNA was available for extraction from that particular sample.

The CNN doc either qualified his statement or had made assumptions that were not shared with the viewers.

This "rumor" of seminal fluid present in Otzi was actually debunked.

A lot of it doesn't make sense. I read several articles about vultures. They have such a keen sense of smell that they hone in on the dead body within 12-14 hours after the animal (which is what they used) has died.

But I couldn't find anything that stated they are known to take away all the hair. Researchers aren't even sure where or how they roost. They are very reclusive when roosting.

Plus this was not nesting season so there was no need to remove hair to make nests. And it is highly likely even if they do take the hair sometimes they would take every strand.

And what is even more puzzling is the man said he saw vultures/buzzards circling on October 6th and didn't he say he smelled a foul odor?

And then we have the neighbors who said they shut their windows because of a foul odor and this was right before she was found.

While I have seen many carcasses in the road that simply disappear overtime that is due to the buzzards attacking the body but they leave the bones and fur/hair of the animal behind. It erodes away in time and disappears due to traffic going by and running over the flatten carcass shell and it gets caught up in the tires of many drivers' vehicles until it is no longer visible.

So a lot about this doesn't make sense. Especially the lack of any hair on the skull in just 35 days.

It does make me wonder if she was burned before being placed there since no flesh at all or hair was found at the site according to the officer who got a good look at the remains. He himself is puzzled. If vulture attacks happen often in that area to bodies found above ground leaving most bodies skeletonized due to buzzard activity I don't think he would have been as alarmed as he seems to be.

I have seen that what leads them to their food is mostly their incrediable eyesight.

I am also fairly certain that turkey Vultures will not eat fresh anything. So I believe the 12-14 hours to be incorrect.

Also it is fairly common for turkey vulture not to eat a corpse in some cases for 10 days. Not because of the smell but because the body isnt at the correct stage of decomposition

The study of Vultures on human remain is kinda new. (2007) I absolutely love reading about it but there are alot of different 'results" of the research

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/08/texas-body-farms-vultures_n_133782.html

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

Quote:

Lori Hamilton lives just doorsteps from where police say the remains were found. She tells NBC29 her family noticed something unusual in the area in the past few days.

“My husband started smelling things two days ago and saw vultures. And yesterday he was like 'Lori it really smells bad outside, lets shut the windows,'” said Hamilton.

Hamilton says most of the neighbors know each other and would notice suspicious activity. Police have set up a command post on Old Lynchburg Road just down from Hamilton's home.

A neighbor who requested not to go on camera told NBC29 that Jesse Matthew lived in the old Lynchburg Road area about six years ago and was familiar with the roads and rural stretches of that part of Albemarle County.

Buzzards do not find every single carcass and corpse. I saw a lot of dead deer on the side of the road in western PA, but only twice did I see one picked clean by the carrion birds, and one time it was done very, very quickly. Saw the full carcass one day, and it was skeletal the next. That is not the usual and frightening.

A friend of mine who had a long and boring commute along route 29 during that time told me that he vividly remembers seeing hundreds of buzzards or vultures circling in the area near Anchorage Farm in late October 2009. it was his story that spurred me to call in the buzzards I saw along the river near Charlottesville. He said that at the time, he assumed it was a dead deer, but after Morgan's remains were found, he put the pieces together and wished he had called in.

that was also an incredibly snowy winter (our snowiest winter ever) and Morgan's body was under two or three feet of snow from mid December until the snow all melted in late January. If i remember correctly, Mr. Bass took advantage of the melting snow to check for damaged fence lines in January before another round of massive storms rolled through in late January and early February.

While I applaud the searcher who found the remains, he was a Sergeant with the Chesterfield Sheriff's Department. Even if he was super excited, he should have known better than to release the details that he did to the media. With all due respect, it wasn't his place to reveal those details - it should have been up to the overseeing police agency (whether Albemarle, C'ville or the VSP?). Besides, we don't know what details were given to Hannah's family - maybe the police just called the family and said that remains had been found with no further details. It would be pretty callous for them to have learned those details through the media.
Someone had mentioned that maybe the release of the details would compromise LEs bluffing ability with JM - since he's lawyered up, while cops may speak to him with his attorney present, I'm pretty sure JM has been advised to keep his mouth shut at all costs, so I doubt the cops could have gone to him and evoked any kind of response - his attorney wouldn't have allowed that. Also, at some point, JM's attorney will have access to every piece of evidence that LE has - so I think JM and the attorney are just waiting until they see exactly what evidence LE has. It's in his benefit to keep his mouth shut.

Just IMO the defense will have to try to attack the forensic evidence so if it turns out that she did have several bone breaks and fractures in her skull that were not obvious to his untrained eye. Then at the trial the defense could be like hey srgt. blah said the bones had no breaks etc. but once you get them back the police lab all of a sudden there are breaks, how did that happen they are trying to frame my client (aka if the glove does not fit you must acquit). The defense will get all the evidence the prosecution has in time for the trial but they want it only coming from one source so that discrepancies don't come out, which the defense can exploit.

Landscaper Troubled By Vultures Atop Empty House
Hawes Spencer 3:54 PM MON OCTOBER 20, 2014
http://wvtf.org/post/landscaper-troubled-vultures-atop-empty-house

"If I were gonna look for a place where someone may have have done something bad to someone, it was a perfect location. It's in the middle of nowhere, it's been abandoned for a few years, there's access to the back of the house where you could hide. The closest neighbor isn't even close. And if you knew the area, you'd know that no one would ever look at that spot.""If I were gonna look for a place where someone may have have done something bad to someone, it was a perfect location. It's in the middle of nowhere, it's been abandoned for a few years, there's access to the back of the house where you could hide. The closest neighbor isn't even close. And if you knew the area, you'd know that no one would ever look at that spot."

He's cunning. An effective serial killer and predator.

MOO.

The neighbors, who live closer to Red Hill Road, smelled the foul odor about two days before the discovery of the remains on OL Rd.

I don't recall any of the reports giving a timeframe regarding when they smelled the odor. I saw the woman and listened to the interview.

Edit: I just read the above article my neighbor Lori Hamilton and she did day it was about two days before the remains were discovered. My mistake and thank you for the correction.

http://www.nbc29.com/story/26822378/neighbors-react-to-human-remains-believed-to-be-hannah-graham

Quote:

Lori Hamilton lives just doorsteps from where police say the remains were found. She tells NBC29 her family noticed something unusual in the area in the past few days.

“My husband started smelling things two days ago and saw vultures. And yesterday he was like 'Lori it really smells bad outside, lets shut the windows,'” said Hamilton.

Hamilton says most of the neighbors know each other and would notice suspicious activity. Police have set up a command post on Old Lynchburg Road just down from Hamilton's home.

A neighbor who requested not to go on camera told NBC29 that Jesse Matthew lived in the old Lynchburg Road area about six years ago and was familiar with the roads and rural stretches of that part of Albemarle County.

Looks farther than just footsteps, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member