Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caylee was missing from flordia in July ,was placed in a bag in an area that was flooded for weeks.

Dry creeks flash flood, water leaves pretty quick. vultures wont eat fresh food... It is cooler here I have not seen a fly in weeks. Bears and racoons wont eat anything too decayed ,first come or they are waiting until bugs and rotten flesh is gone and getting bones.

I am confused. Unless he used one of the cleaners that eats biological matter.

Understood. However, the fact that it is more hot and humid in Florida does not change the fact that it was warm and humid in that area of Virginia in the weeks before the body was found. And unfortunately, again from what I've read flies will find a body outdoors within minutes, and the rest follows from there.

Caylee was missing from flordia in July ,was placed in a bag in an area that was flooded for weeks.

Dry creeks flash flood, water leaves pretty quick. vultures wont eat fresh food... It is cooler here I have not seen a fly in weeks. Bears and racoons wont eat anything too decayed ,first come or they are waiting until bugs and rotten flesh is gone and getting bones.

I am confused. Unless he used one of the cleaners that eats biological matter.

A week after death, the skin has blistered and the slightest touch could cause it to fall off. A month after death, the hair, nails and teeth will fall out. The hair and nails, by the way, while long rumored to keep growing after death, don't have any magical growth properties. They merely look bigger as the skin dries out. Internal organs and tissues have liquefied, which will swell the body until it bursts open. At that point, a skeleton remains.

Wow ..what was that car doing out there in the middle of that field? Burnt Orange? Yes.

At the bottom of the photo, it says Image 2014. Maybe it was just recently. I'm sure there is a way to track that by sending a records request to Google.

I remember that being discussed too. Good point

Youve seen the terrain around Charlottesville?

Not trying to quibble as I greatly respect you opinion and input but just pointing out that 80 degrees in a dry climate is a LOT different than 80 degrees of sticky Virginia humidity that makes your clothes cling to your body and leaves you feeling like you need a shower after only 5 minutes spent outdoors.

Im sure that affects decay rates as well.

We've had quite a few days of rain in a row over the past week and a half. That could have aided decomposition as well as moving remains around a bit if the dry creek bed filled with runoff.

Matthews was a big and strong guy. Big and strong enough that he could easily overpower a girl and catch them if they tried to escape. I think most women would see he was was too strong to fight/outrun, and just choose to cooperate instead of fight.

Hannah and Morgan, however, may have taken their chances and fought back. So, he killed them. There are a few possible reasons:

1. They injured him and he got enraged
2. He became irate because he felt they were disrespecting him (''You're a woman, how dare you not give me what I want/deserve as a man?'')
3. He just got annoyed because they were being too loud, wouldn't stop talking, wouldn't cooperate
4. He felt that letting them go would be too risky for whatever reason. Maybe they got a really good scratch in and had his DNA on them, maybe they somehow found out his name and/or had other identifying information
5. In Morgan's case: Maybe he's used to passive/cooperative victims and freaked out when he realized she was absolutely not going to allow him to rape her. So, he killed her in a panic. Then, in Hannah's case, he was like ''I've already killed one girl, I might as well do away with this one too''

It's really sick.

I'm a girl, I'm the same age Morgan was when she died, and I'm starting college very soon. This case really scares me and I don't know what I would do if I were in a situation like that. It makes me realize how vulnerable and weak I am at 5'4 and 140-some pounds and not being very fast. I'm seriously considering buying pepper spray now.

I think killing is part of his secret life. Strangulation during rape.

Get Pepper Spray.

A week after death, the skin has blistered and the slightest touch could cause it to fall off. A month after death, the hair, nails and teeth will fall out. The hair and nails, by the way, while long rumored to keep growing after death, don't have any magical growth properties. They merely look bigger as the skin dries out. Internal organs and tissues have liquefied, which will swell the body until it bursts open. At that point, a skeleton remains.

And yet, 100 days later, Morgan had hair and some tissue remaining. This is 35 days.

Understood. However, the fact that it is more hot and humid in Florida does not change the fact that it was warm and humid in that area of Virginia in the weeks before the body was found. And unfortunately, again from what I've read flies will find a body outdoors within minutes, and the rest follows from there.

If interested, here is a map with the average humidity for all of the US states:
http://www.currentresults.com/Weather/US/annual-average-humidity-by-state.php Virginia is quite similar to Florida. I used to work at a barn in Maryland with a gal from North Dakota. She said the winters here felt far worse than the twenty below zero temps in her home state due to the humidity. Summers in this region can be quite miserable as well. Like trying to breathe through a wet towel. Just checked the humidity here in central MD as I was typing this. 49F, humidity 74.8% and clear skies. JMO

It seems LE does suggest the remains are Hannah and for that reason I believe it is likely her. Yet, and I don't know why, but Alexis Murphy keeps coming to mind. . .maybe it's just a hope. I know she had on floral printed tight pants the last time she was seen, but if in a dry creek bed (assuming that's where they were located) wouldn't any pants have a darker color to them from the dirt and dried mud? BTW, did LE state whether the remains were male or female?

In any case, if these remains aren't Hannah, I think it could prove to be something LE has feared. I mean, what would be the odds of finding someone else in this particular area. . .one Jesse knows so well, one LE felt was important enough to search.

Matthews was a big and strong guy. Big and strong enough that he could easily overpower a girl and catch them if they tried to escape. I think most women would see he was was too strong to fight/outrun, and just choose to cooperate instead of fight.

Hannah and Morgan, however, may have taken their chances and fought back. So, he killed them. There are a few possible reasons:

1. They injured him and he got enraged
2. He became irate because he felt they were disrespecting him (''You're a woman, how dare you not give me what I want/deserve as a man?'')
3. He just got annoyed because they were being too loud, wouldn't stop talking, wouldn't cooperate
4. He felt that letting them go would be too risky for whatever reason. Maybe they got a really good scratch in and had his DNA on them, maybe they somehow found out his name and/or had other identifying information
5. In Morgan's case: Maybe he's used to passive/cooperative victims and freaked out when he realized she was absolutely not going to allow him to rape her. So, he killed her in a panic. Then, in Hannah's case, he was like ''I've already killed one girl, I might as well do away with this one too''

It's really sick.

I'm a girl, I'm the same age Morgan was when she died, and I'm starting college very soon. This case really scares me and I don't know what I would do if I were in a situation like that. It makes me realize how vulnerable and weak I am at 5'4 and 140-some pounds and not being very fast. I'm seriously considering buying pepper spray now.

Pepper spray, you have to be able to use. If you are out of it, and alone with some creep, you may not be able to access it. THe pattern is the same with the three college girls that disappeared: Lauren Spierer, Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham, all were out alone in the dark and not in good shape cognitively, having been drinking, taking drugs. Better you stay with a crowd, buddy system at least. Don't go off on your own. It's the same rules in the animal kingdom. The one that strays from the herd, that is a little slow, not aware, gets pounced upon by the predator, just waiting for one like that. DOn't be the one.

I don't understand the mentality at all either. I think there were other women, that JM pounced on, but with some of them, perhaps they were partially agreeable, or he felt they would not raise a fuss. Even if I could get it, I don't know why JM did this to Hannah. He had to know he was seen with her. He had to know that the mall had cameras. He had to know she would be missed. How on earth did he even think he would get away with this? COuld have raped her and then dropped her still drugged in some alley near the corner. When she'd come to, it wouldn't have been so clear what happened After all, she went off with him willingly. But thism this leaves no other explanation but that he took her off to an area he knows, and killed her. What other possible explanation? And he really thought he'd get off scott free on this? What scares me is that he may have in similar cases. With MH, no one saw him. Here, he knew he was seen. Very scary that he might have done others this way as well.

I wonder if they were ever in the house before she ended up there?

The Spot was selected beforehand, so he could've popped the door previously, or he may have brought a blanket.

Someone stated these are the places and times he's comfortable, I believe that.

A friend said he was a night owl, and then (later) it was reported he showing up around last call.

MOO

It seems LE does suggest the remains are Hannah and for that reason I believe it is likely her. Yet, and I don't know why, but Alexis Murphy keeps coming to mind. . .maybe it's just a hope. I know she had on floral printed tight pants the last time she was seen, but if in a dry creek bed (assuming that's where they were located) wouldn't any pants have a darker color to them from the dirt and dried mud? BTW, did LE state whether the remains were male or female?

In any case, if these remains aren't Hannah, I think it could prove to be something LE has feared. I mean, what would be the odds of finding someone else in this particular area. . .one Jesse knows so well, one LE felt was important enough to search.

I was thinking the same thing. Posted a bit ago about that road being one of the back ways into Charlottesville from Shipman/Lovingston. Though it does seem that LE seems to have a good reason to believe the remains are Hannah.

And yet, 100 days later, Morgan had hair and some tissue remaining. This is 35 days.

Animals. Carrion birds. They take hair. Perhaps, Morgan had some cover from that grass and the locale just didn't have the wild life. ALso Morgan was later in the year, and the temps and weather could have been different.

To inform Hannah's parents that this is their daughter when they are not sure, would be too cruel.

Are you sure Morgan's mother said she was only a skeleton. , in her poem about getting Morgan's body back

Pepper spray, you have to be able to use. If you are out of it, and alone with some creep, you may not be able to access it. THe pattern is the same with the three college girls that disappeared: Lauren Spierer, Morgan Harrington, Hannah Graham, all were out alone in the dark and not in good shape cognitively, having been drinking, taking drugs. Better you stay with a crowd, buddy system at least. Don't go off on your own. It's the same rules in the animal kingdom. The one that strays from the herd, that is a little slow, not aware, gets pounced upon by the predator, just waiting for one like that. DOn't be the one.

And remember, IF you drink or use drugs you no longer have the cognitive capacity to make the decision that it is ok to be alone, ok to drive, ok to go out, ok to go in this room with this cute guy you just met. But, at the time, you'll think you're quite capable of deciding those things.

You must have a sober person with you if you choose not to remain sober so THAT person can make those decisions and keep the others of you safe.

And always, ALWAYS protect your drink. Dump it and get a new one if you took your eye off of it even for a moment.

Are you sure Morgan's mother said she was only a skeleton. , in her poem about getting Morgan's body back

Yes, it's been hashed out in the Forensic Link to MH thread over and over. There was tissue remaining.

Wait a minute...hmmmm. Can someone verify where this photo is of the red car here? I recall about 2 weeks ago a photo was here on threads with discussion of someone carrying someone. The little white speck at about 2:30 in the photo... :gaah: I'm seeing things as that made me think of the photo of someone being carried that we were discussing 2 weeks ago here... Where was that photo from that we were discussing?

Unknown. The poster did not disclose the source of that image, which may be why it was taken down. May have been a wildlife cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74