TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe that Silas and Margot would go to anyone else but Shane. Because his partner is murdered in a high profile case, he doesn’t have the same right as any other father who loses their spouse in a tragedy they didn’t create? He did not murder her. Why would he not get custody ASAP?
Agree!!

It would help if they mentioned whether the argument was between 2 women or not. They don't make it sound that way, which is odd. You'd think that would be discernible.

Did the dog bark? Were there other sounds, like banging?

Reading this, made me think... there was an article posted earlier where a neighbour said LE had asked him for footage from his ring doorbell for Thursday NIGHT, looking for the black SUV. I wonder if it's possible that the suspect and an accomplice went back to the apartment?

We received numerous calls to our tip lines, notifications online, various tips of people who thought they had seen Heidi or Margo, had information related to their location, and those tips were vetted and explored and investigated fully.

As the week progressed, this current week, a lead was generated that created a location of interest in the Houston area, in Harris County. Federal, state, and local resources deployed to that area of Harris County and began to investigate a resident there.

Ultimately those investigators encountered an individual outside of that resident who was detained on Thursday December 19th, 2019.

As the evening progressed a search warrant was issued for property on at that residence, both vehicles and the residence. Those search warrants were signed and were carried out by the Austin Police Department, Department of Public Safety, and with assistance from the Federal Bureau of Investigation as we conducted those searches.

During that search we located a baby who is currently safe, currently healthy, currently in the care of Child Protective Services. That child's visual appearance is consistent with that of baby Margot.

As the search continued, officers located a deceased adult female on the property. And as Chief Manley said earlier, early indications would lead us to believe that that is Heidi.
^^s/bbm

From the presser on 12/20/19, I believe Detective Brad Herris made it very clear that during this current week, a lead was generated that led them to Harris County and the home where the victim and baby were located.

There is no evidence that investigators ever had this information to share with SC or HB's parents when they gave interviews to reporters or media on Friday and Sunday. There's no evidence they were coached by LE what not to disclose.

And big thanks and credit to @CrimeDawg123 for the excellent transcript of the presser quoted above.

Because there's a murdered woman and her on-again off-again partner needs to be completely cleared before handing over a defenseless baby. Also, what IF it's not Margo?
Yes this, plus there is a possibility that legal paternity was not established. Under TX law unmarried parents must sign an Acknowledgment of Paternity document or do a DNA test. Now I would bet Shane and Heidi signed that as The baby has his last name but who knows.

Also why assume that if the Broussards are caring for the older kid it is against SC’s wishes? SC may not be able to handle caring for the son and eventually an infant on his own. Doesn’t mean he’s a horrible guy or his rights are being violated.

It has crossed my mind that LE want to ensure there wasn't any weird triangle going on (unknown to Hedi). That would be a good reason to exhaust that possibility (SC being used or manipulated and unwittingly assisted) before giving the baby back. Not trying to throw more shade but I currently know of a triangle relationship which contains a very manipulative oscar winning female who bleeds venom. Guys don't have a chance they can't see the obvious. She always gets what she wants no matter how or who she hurts kids included. Sociopath R Us definitely applies. Just musings...

A Cracker Barrel corporate spokeswoman said Friday that employees at the Buda location would be offered counseling and other services to cope with the loss of Broussard, who had worked at the restaurant since 2015.

“We are in shock and are deeply saddened to have lost one of our own,” said Janella Escobar, who works in the chain’s corporate communications. “Right now we’re trying to help our employees the best we can to deal with something like this at this time of year. Our sincere thoughts are with Heidi’s loved ones. We can’t begin to think how they’re dealing at this moment.”

“She was always fun to be with,” she said.

Banning said many of the restaurant’s regular customers who knew Broussard were emotional. Some cried after hearing she had been missing, she said.

“It was hard to come in,” Banning said. “I had to do it because we’re short-handed.”
Buda restaurant co-worker recalls Heidi Broussard as friendly, well-liked
So often in cases we see the employers of the missing victim step up with reward funds or financial support for the family. HB had worked full time at Cracker Barrel since 2015 while juggling children and most recently a newborn and functioning as a 'single parent'. HB bio said she trained to be a vet tech. I haven't read if she finished this training and at what point she returning to waitressing? Perhaps it was done as it offered flexible hours to accommodate school pickups and drop offs etc.?

Has anyone heard whether Cracker Barrel has done something on behalf of its late employee?

A Cracker Barrel corporate spokeswoman said Friday that employees at the Buda location would be offered counseling and other services to cope with the loss of Broussard, who had worked at the restaurant since 2015.

“We are in shock and are deeply saddened to have lost one of our own,” said Janella Escobar, who works in the chain’s corporate communications. “Right now we’re trying to help our employees the best we can to deal with something like this at this time of year. Our sincere thoughts are with Heidi’s loved ones. We can’t begin to think how they’re dealing at this moment.”

Banning said many of the restaurant’s regular customers who knew Broussard were emotional. Some cried after hearing she had been missing, she said.

“It was hard to come in,” Banning said. “I had to do it because we’re short-handed.”
Corporate needs to se up a college fund for Silas and Margot. At least set up a fund for them to have grief counseling over losing their mother. IMO

I've never had a child so don't know the answer to this but is the birth certificate created and goes home with the baby or is this something that Mom/Dad have to initiate later?

Just speaking from my own experience, the nurse brought the form to fill out to my husband and I for the birth certificate. We filled it all out and signed it. The doctor had to sign it and the hospital sent it to the state agency who issued birth certificates. A week or so later we got the official one in the mail. We also got a heirloom one with fancy calligraphy from the hospital but that one is not official.

Also why assume that if the Broussards are caring for the older kid it is against SC’s wishes? SC may not be able to handle caring for the son and eventually an infant on his own. Doesn’t mean he’s a horrible guy or his rights are being violated.

RSBM

And let's not forget that the grandparents are also dealing with the loss of their daughter and also may not be up to taking care of the grandson... My hope is that they are all supporting each other and I have no doubt that Sila's is being well taken care of and loved right now.

BBM. Exactly! That’s what I thought.

She must have been caught off guard. The woman is her friend so she could just show up and not make Heidi uneasy.

In any event, there’s a Jay for Justice five hour YouTube live that had two of Heidi’s friends on and another friend of her parents and these people were on the chat when the news of what happened broke live. It is very informative if you listen to hour 2 to 3 or so. Lots of things keep coming up on here that people want links to and won’t find.
IMO the youtuber you mention tends to speculate on rumor a lot of the time.

This could be a major reach, but what if she wanted SHANE'S baby?

What if Shane was involved with her on the side?

HB and SC were having major issues, off and on, he's abusive, she's clearly jealous and insecure. What if he was involved in this crazy plan of hers?

I mean, it's reaching but given this hand that rocks the cradle story line, not that far fetched.
^^bbm

It's very much possible that LE shared your thoughts but they must have discounted them after further investigation and declared SC not believed to have any involvement in the abduction. Also, I know I've posted said confirming tweets much earlier up-thread.

Hope the Cracker Barrel corporation can raise some money or make a donation for Heidi’s kids futures, sounds like she was a loyal hardworking employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB