TX - Heidi Broussard, 33 Found Deceased, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Found Alive Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, I am a little dense and alot sheltered.:rolleyes:

( A few more abbreviations off the top of my head that I seem to use frequently here:

SA - Sexual Assault / Statement Analysis

BAU - Behavioral Analysis Unit (FBI)

SW - Search Warrant

RSO - Registered Sex Offender

PC - Probable Cause / Press Conference

MO - Modus Operandi / Method of Operation

SP - Standard Procedure

* there’s also a list of common WS abbreviations/lingo floating around here somewhere)

Last edited:
I guess it might have appeared that she went willingly but I personally can't imagine going anywhere "willingly" while at the same time leaving my door ajar and important belongings behind, especially things a newborn would need.

That said, it does clear up the question, at least in my mind, whether she was alive when she left her apartment.
I hope the media does ask APD about it because it does open up more questions.

Travis County Sheriff's Office Inmate Search

Fieramusca, Magen Rose - Age 33

Booking Information

Booking Number: 1936890
Booked: 12/20/2019 at 11:07 PM
Arresting Agency: Austin Police Dept
Offense Number: A193461485
Facility: Travis County Jail

Charges (3)
KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number: D1DC19302438
Charge Authority: New Warrant - Class B or Above
Bond: $100,000 Any Type of Bond
Sentence: None
Disposition: None

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree
Cause Number: D1DC19302437

TAMPER/FABRICATE PHYSICAL EVIDENCE WITH INTENT IMPAIR HUMAN CORPSE
Felony, 2nd Degree
Cause Number: D1DC19302439
Charge Authority: New Arrest
Bond: $400,000 Any Type of Bond

I haven’t shared my thoughts here yet since the “news”, as I’m still putting my thoughts together, however, I’d like to mention this:

You know what scares me? What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. I went so far as to say “him not caring about the phone call could potentially be one of the biggest “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS”. THAT scares me. Remind me to never play poker, EVER. It’s not like this is my first rodeo here. While I mentioned other possibilities, Savanna Greywind, baby registries/groups and also mentioning why I didn’t think him going for the phone records or dumpster diving was necessarily hinky, he was still top of my list and I felt pretty confident about that—Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever. Seriously, I can’t believe how wrong I was and I’m ashamed, for lack of a better term. For me, the word sorry doesn’t even cut it - I DO know that for me, WATTS really was a huge factor in influencing my bias, as I found many things to be similar-this was not an uneducated opinion as I’ve studied the Watts case inside and out. I’m scared to think what if I was on a jury. Hopefully nobody will ever let me on a jury, EVER - If they ever call me I’m going to say straight out honestly I AM BIASED, that’ll solve that. Of course it was understandable why many of us suspected him, still. I’m taking my broken hinky meter VERY seriously and probably will not ever touch another case like this ever again. I have learned A LOT.

Anyway, no need to discuss bygones but in case anyone is wondering what I think about all this after the “news”, that’s what I have to say about that.

As for the case itself, I’m still catching up and putting thoughts together about that and I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been mentioned.

Please don’t be so hard on yourself. You are not on the jury ( only mentally maybe ) and whilst I get what you are saying, and with all due respect to you, you are not the only one who would make that decision if he was on trial and you on the jury. It takes many hurdles to jump until you get to that stage so please just treat this as a learning curve. We have all been there and I in particular as I was a high ranking Detective in charge who made decisions that impacted people’s future incarceration, so please continue on your WS journey and kudos to you for your raw admission and taking responsibility for your thoughts and words and going forward, learning from them and this experience
#bekindtoyourself

Between this post and @GordianKnot post about the Jail House Wedding Planner, my stomach and cheeks hurt.

I think Mamma is doing damage control....
Sounds like IY momma.She is an enabler. Not my sweet son.Momma better wake up and smell the coffee. I hope he is not in involved but how do you live with someone 9 months and not have a clue as to what is going on?

I haven’t shared my thoughts here yet since the “news”, as I’m still putting my thoughts together, however, I’d like to mention this:

You know what scares me? What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. I went so far as to say “him not caring about the phone call could potentially be one of the biggest “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS”. THAT scares me. Remind me to never play poker, EVER. It’s not like this is my first rodeo here. While I mentioned other possibilities, Savanna Greywind, baby registries/groups and also mentioning why I didn’t think him going for the phone records or dumpster diving was necessarily hinky, he was still top of my list and I felt pretty confident about that—Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever. Seriously, I can’t believe how wrong I was and I’m ashamed, for lack of a better term. For me, the word sorry doesn’t even cut it - I DO know that for me, WATTS really was a huge factor in influencing my bias, as I found many things to be similar-this was not an uneducated opinion as I’ve studied the Watts case inside and out. I’m scared to think what if I was on a jury. Hopefully nobody will ever let me on a jury, EVER - If they ever call me I’m going to say straight out honestly I AM BIASED, that’ll solve that. Of course it was understandable why many of us suspected him, still. I’m taking my broken hinky meter VERY seriously and probably will not ever touch another case like this ever again. I have learned A LOT.

Anyway, no need to discuss bygones but in case anyone is wondering what I think about all this after the “news”, that’s what I have to say about that.

As for the case itself, I’m still catching up and putting thoughts together about that and I have nothing to add that hasn’t already been mentioned.
THANK YOU!!!! for having the balls to post this. I still see people defending their analysis of their original suspicions. I said it before, it's perfectly normal to be suspicious of the statistically most likely suspect, but making persuasive arguments using pure speculation about "catch phrases" and body language before charges have even been filed crosses every line of innocence until proven guilty.

Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever.
I don't think you need to go this far, but your instincts to reserve judgment pre-evidence are spot on.

Again, thanks for stepping up and admitting about yourself what others refuse to.

Stop! Don’t you dare! You are way to valuable on WS. You are allowed to be wrong but we don’t even know all the details yet. Gosh i’m not even certain we know much of anything yet. And we only know what LE wants us to know. Just wait. Continue to gather your thoughts and please share them after we receive more info. There is always a bit of truth in all the fiction. Moo

NBC just ran a story on the case.....said place of death was the trunk.....I can't pull up the link, can anyone else find it and post it please??

ETA: it was on The Today show and included a graphic.... I still can't pull it up. @PommyMommy .....you're so good at finding these things, can you locate it. Or maybe those folks in CT, MT, PT can catch it when it airs in their time zone. TIA

ETA again.... the graphic on the Today Show is of the Harris County Institute of Forensic Science..... the case number is ML 19 -4432 Broussard. For the life of me, I can't get my computer to cooperate. Maybe some of you super sleuthers can pull something up on this. I hope this is allowed on the site since it was a part of the Today show story this morning.

Last edited:
Wow! Trying to keep up, the thread is moving so fast.

I’m interested to see this video of her getting into MF’s car. Love that her initials are MF by the way:).

How would they know she got in the car willingly? She left her door wide open. MF probably threatened her at or near the door and told her to get in the car and not make a big scene considering it was daytime. She prob had a weapon or something? Just my speculation and MOO. Hope the video is released soon.

So which car was Heidi getting into in the video? Was her body found in the car on the video or a different one? What happened at the other potential crime scenes LE said they were looking into between Austin and Houston? Forgive me, if this was already covered. I've only had one cup of coffee.

Booking Information

Charges (3)
KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree

Felony, 2nd Degree
Hmm. I wonder why kidnapping would be just a 3rd degree felony, especially when the victim was murdered (yes I know she is not accused of that, so far but I think the case could be made that Heidi wouldn't have been murdered had she not been kidnapped by MF?). Also, I was under the impression that kidnapping is a federal crime, would the feds have to charge her apart from the Austin police dept? (or does the kidnapping have to cross state lines, something like that?)

I wonder if the landlord will bail her out again, and give Mom the vapors.

Last edited:

Booking Information

Charges (3)
KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree

KIDNAPPING
Felony, 3rd Degree

Felony, 2nd Degree
No murder charge yet?

I’m just a little curious about if this MF just showed up at her Houston home and said, “Surprise! I had the baby!” When? That morning? When was the last time her SO had seen her? I wonder if this is what happened and SO finally opened his news app and was like, “Hey your BF and her baby are missing!” <insert lightbulb moment here> And he calls in a tip. I wonder if MF laid low for a few days after Austin to create a more believable (by a day or so) birth scenario?
Exactly! I know some people were saying it's possible to fake a pregnancy and your SO not know. I find that pretty bizarre, but OK. But even if that could have happened, how in the world could MF have faked actually HAVING the baby? Did the SO go to the grocery and come home to 'honey, look, I had the baby!'. I find it really hard to believe that the SO did not know unless, like you said, she laid low somewhere or maybe he works out of town for extended periods, or something.

So which car was Heidi getting into in the video? Was her body found in the car on the video or a different one? What happened at the other potential crime scenes LE said they were looking into between Austin and Houston? Forgive me, if this was already covered. I've only had one cup of coffee.
I hope we see this video at some point. It seems like it will answer a lot of questions.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Statistics support thinking that someone close to the victim is responsible. In this case, it turns out the statistics were right again. It just wasn't the most obvious.

I'd hate to see you hang up your sleuthing hat over it. I'd venture to say that most people were surprised by this case. I certainly was.

Hugs to you!

Watch the interview again, the raw first one that was taken indoors and later deleted. SC was just so off. Notice how he was flustered that he couldn't hear the reporter on the phone, he was interrupted several times (e.g. hold the phone here, no here...) he was upset, wanted to stand, etc. IMO the news crew bears responsibility here in how poorly they conducted that interview, and they played a role in the perception that SC was laughing at the crime. IMO he was laughing while at a near melt-down state of frustration. Just my $0.02.

ETA: Still a lot of things I don't understand, e.g. shutting off the phone in the other interview.

I'm believing he knew much more facts than he was speaking of. If he already suspected Megan he probably wanted to get to her home quickly.

You know what scares me? What if Heidi and Margo were never found, and what if SC’s alibi couldn’t be confirmed or whatever—if he was charged in a circumstantial case and if the jury was any bit jaded like I was (at least I said upfront “I am jaded”), then SC might have gone to jail for a crime he didn’t commit. I went so far as to say “him not caring about the phone call could potentially be one of the biggest “tells” I’ve ever seen on WS”. THAT scares me. Remind me to never play poker, EVER. It’s not like this is my first rodeo here. While I mentioned other possibilities, Savanna Greywind, baby registries/groups and also mentioning why I didn’t think him going for the phone records or dumpster diving was necessarily hinky, he was still top of my list and I felt pretty confident about that—Now I feel terrible about that and really am considering hanging up sleuthing my hat forever. Seriously, I can’t believe how wrong I was and I’m ashamed, for lack of a better term. For me, the word sorry doesn’t even cut it - I DO know that for me, WATTS really was a huge factor in influencing my bias, as I found many things to be similar-this was not an uneducated opinion as I’ve studied the Watts case inside and out. I’m scared to think what if I was on a jury. Hopefully nobody will ever let me on a jury, EVER - If they ever call me I’m going to say straight out honestly I AM BIASED, that’ll solve that. Of course it was understandable why many of us suspected him, still. I’m taking my broken hinky meter VERY seriously and probably will not ever touch another case like this ever again. I have learned A LOT.

Good morning, Marg. Don't beat yourself up and don't ever dream of hanging up your sleuthing hat. I was right there with you on the Watts case and I think it took a toll on a lot of us. You have a big heart and so much empathy for victims. We need you here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member