Help identifying dead man's tattoo

Some how these Lebanon patches stand out to me
That second image - if you superimposed the green I’m sure it would fit the outline drawn in the tattoo? Plus that white part looks the same. I think you may have nailed it with that one.

The first one def looks like the smaller circle tattoo, where it looks like three stars/flowers/whatever, too.

Hi Sander, sorry for asking, but I must. I'm curious about your connection to this case. Don't you work together with LE, as there is so little you know about this diseased person's case (other then info that is known in public) and the investigation. In general, how does this work when you are a private detective and doing this for a living? At least that's how I perceived your call for help.

I know you can not expose the one who asked you to look into this, if there is one, but I wonder. Or is this something you took upon yourself like we call it in Dutch: "liefde werk, oud papier"? Or are you maybe intending to make a program about the unidentified like Kees van der Spek's 'Graf zonder Naam', which I think is great btw. I know LE shared the files with him, so he knew details not known by the general public and started searching from there.

I don't mean to be rude or unkind in anyway and I (and I'm sure all the sleuths on here) love to help, but this questions crossed my mind.

Is this yours? Stichting Coldcasezaken - Onopgeloste moordzaken If it it GREAT work!!
Hi Bit of Hope, thanks for asking! I don't work directly together with police, although i'm in contact with them. I'm the founder and director of Stichting Coldcasezaken, so yes that's mine :) !!

I started the website coldcasezaken.nl in 2022, where i describe many unsolved cases in fullest of detail. There are now 186 cases on the website. A couple of weeks ago i turned everything in to an official foundation and since the start I try to get attention for all of these cases. You can find our page on Facebook, where many people share our posts. I also make video''s about cases, which you can watch on the website, youtube or even tiktok! We get quite some tips about these coldcases, as people can tip anonymously on the website. I sometimes investigate my self. A couple of weeks ago we have searched intensely for a missing person on Texel, it was a huge opperation. We are still not done there yet. We also found shoes that might belong to another missing person near Zwolle. :) I hope i explained well.

That second image - if you superimposed the green I’m sure it would fit the outline drawn in the tattoo? Plus that white part looks the same. I think you may have nailed it with that one.

The first one def looks like the smaller circle tattoo, where it looks like three stars/flowers/whatever, too.
Thanks!! I was thinking the exact same! You mean the first one can go as the skull? With some imagination i think it could! Are we on to something?!

I don't know much of the answers, but i don't assume they recreated the circumstances. The police didn't reveal much about their investigation but i recon they didn't do that much. I don't think there has been done an isotope testing.
Have you tried using the Freedom of Information Wet Open Overheid (WOO) to request some of the information from the investigating body? The questions I asked are fairly standard, eg PM results, images of the scene of discovery, images of the clothing, etc. I would also like to know whether the image of the deceased has been manipulated for public consumption, since the image presented shows someone very recently deceased.

I would like to know exactly where the deceased was found (how far away from a public walkway or path, whether it was in a remote area of the park) It's interesting to note that the area he was discovered in is very close to the Harwich/Hoek van Holland ferry docks in the Netherlands which could also provide a link to the UK.

While I agree that the tattoos on the deceased show a tantalizing connection to the middle east specifically Iran, pursuing that hook, imo, is like looking for a needle in a haystack. There is tangible evidence on the body (the clothing) that might suggest the deceased may have had some connection to the UK. There is even a company name that helps winnow the possibilities, even if it's only to eliminate them.

As a private investigator have you had contact with the police force who investigated the death? I would hope some police forces would be more than happy to have someone with the skill set to help solve a cold case so their time is focused on more recent crimes. The problem is, they identified the manner of death as suicide which usually pushes the investigation down a notch or two.

I would like to know exactly where the deceased was found (how far away from a public walkway or path, whether it was in a remote area of the park) It's interesting to note that the area he was discovered in is very close to the Harwich/Hoek van Holland ferry docks in the Netherlands which could also provide a link to the UK.
Yes, I'm thinking the same. Also in relation to the T-shirt he was wearing with a company from the UK. He could of course bought it in a second-hand store, but having all new clothes I doubt that. I wonder through what channels this T-shirt was distributed. It could be promotional, given to costumers f.i. at Transport & Logistics, a trade show annually held in Rotterdam or another exchange/trade show in the branche.

Hi Bit of Hope, thanks for asking! I don't work directly together with police, although i'm in contact with them. I'm the founder and director of Stichting Coldcasezaken, so yes that's mine :) !!

I started the website coldcasezaken.nl in 2022, where i describe many unsolved cases in fullest of detail. There are now 186 cases on the website. A couple of weeks ago i turned everything in to an official foundation and since the start I try to get attention for all of these cases. You can find our page on Facebook, where many people share our posts. I also make video''s about cases, which you can watch on the website, youtube or even tiktok! We get quite some tips about these coldcases, as people can tip anonymously on the website. I sometimes investigate my self. A couple of weeks ago we have searched intensely for a missing person on Texel, it was a huge opperation. We are still not done there yet. We also found shoes that might belong to another missing person near Zwolle. :) I hope i explained well.
Thank you @SanderMeyer. I see you are very passionate about the Dutch cases. Wonderful work so far and nice to have you "on board"! I'm always glad to help and I'm sure others on here too. You will find a couple of threads on here about Dutch unidentified persons. Maybe you find things of interest. I also made a thread about a Dutch man, Jeffrey de Vries, who went missing in San Diego, USA, but there is not much movement in this case. Ok, back to this UID.

Also some women told me this was most likely made in a trainings camp of Komala... She said prison tattoo's for example never have colors. So the woman thought it was most definitely not a prison tattoo, and she was quite sure it was linked to Komala.... But i could not find anything on that so far.
Cryptic, thanks! Dutch police said they believed it was linked to something soviet. I contacted some soviet experts, and they couldn't find anything on that direction though
I have a lot of doubts this tattoo has something to do with Komala. They use very different signs/flags. The Kurdish Democratic Party (Iran) uses the one with the sun rays and green mountain, but I don't see that at all in the tattoo.

1698909825375.png

It seems you received answers on the tattoo so another possible option, if DNA is available, is to submit the DNA to the genealogical databases. Recently read that genealogical databases used in the US for solving cold cases were added as a resource in the Netherlands.
About DNA: this is in the info provided in this case (Upthread)

In the hope of a breakthrough, DNA was taken from the man, and his fingerprint was also preserved. The hereditary material was then shared and stored in the DNA database in Rijswijk, at the Dutch Forensic Institute (NFI). In addition, it was also compared with the database of surrounding countries such as England. However, it did not lead to a match.

About the state of the art in relationship investigation in the Netherlands. This is about the case of the unidentified "Heul girl".

Eindelijk schot in dna-verwantschapsonderzoek Heulmeisje, krijgt ze na 47 jaar haar naam terug?

August 7, 2023
After years, the Public Prosecution Service is starting a DNA relationship investigation to determine the identity of the Heul girl. The Public Prosecution Service confirms that a request for such an investigation was recently approved by the court.
<.....>

Here is hope for all the other unidentified, like this man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back