GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally possible. But then there's the blanket and the Twilight DVD in Nua'ailua.

I'm all for that idea that the car never left however, why the freak did he need to torch the car with accelerant in several spots if it was in Haiku the whole time? Unless Charli was killed in her car and then maybe transferred to his car? I can't see her buying his s--t and riding along with him to even Twin Falls from his house. And if she needed gas from W Kuiaha home to Makawao, factor in that she backtracked a little bit to get to Kalipo Pl.

So in Charli's mind, did she think she had enough gas to power up and down and around the gulches from Haiku, home to Makawao. And then first thing in the morning, run to the gas station in Pukalani UP the hill from her place or the Minit Stop in Makawao kinda sorta on her way to work.

Why go see Steven if you can't spend the night and you need to be conservative with your fuel? Did he tell her he had gas?

Before you guys go any further... HOW COULD 40 PPL SEARCH JAWS ON MONDAY NIGHT if Kim Scott didn't report her daughter missing until Monday night?

I think it's more like 40 ppl searched on Tuesday or Wednesday and just throw Monday night out of the equation.

Correction. Peter was @ Jaws Monday, 40 people searched at Jaws during the day Tuesday.

The vehicle was, IMHO, torched Tuesday night/Wednesday early morning and discovered about 6 PM Wednesday evening.

I'm all for that idea that the car never left however, why the freak did he need to torch the car with accelerant in several spots if it was in Haiku the whole time? Unless Charli was killed in her car and then maybe transferred to his car? I can't see her buying his s--t and riding along with him to even Twin Falls from his house. And if she needed gas from W Kuiaha home to Makawao, factor in that she backtracked a little bit to get to Kalipo Pl.

So in Charli's mind, did she think she had enough gas to power up and down and around the gulches from Haiku, home to Makawao. And then first thing in the morning, run to the gas station in Pukalani UP the hill from her place or the Minit Stop in Makawao kinda sorta on her way to work.

Why go see Steven if you can't spend the night and you need to be conservative with your fuel? Did he tell her he had gas?

And considering that SC was not in the habit of doing nice things for her, wouldn't she be highly suspicious of him offering to put some gas in her car? He could easily have siphoned some from his vehicle, because he didn't necessarily tell her that his truck was stuck. I think he told her that he wanted to talk about the baby. But if he had worked out the "stuck truck" alibi ahead of time, he would have had to conceal his truck from others to make that stick. I think he said Kurt Kaiser gave him a ride to work and he met SC on the road, not at his house. I will go re-listen to that testimony in a bit.

I imagine both of them in her vehicle because I don't think he wanted to leave any evidence in his. No matter how well his truck was detailed, blood stains are stubborn. I also imagine her incapacitated in some way before or during the drive - drugged, knocked cold... Interesting that there were zip ties near the bloody jeans.

But I can also entertain Peter's theory that she never left Haiku alive, but her cell phone and Nala did. Hopefully, will soon know if any microscopic evidence was found in SC's truck. Would Charli's 4Runner have made it down that dirt road? Hers was not lifted.

Two thoughts. First, and I've speculated this before, Charli didn't tell anyone she was meeting him. Could she have told them she needed gas as an excuse to leave the get together early? Just a little fib, no biggie, because she didn't want to bring him up to her family? I can totally buy into that. Or is it fact there was not enough gas in the truck. I feel like there had to be.

Second, we don't know what the text messages said. He could have said meet me at the path. I'll wait for you at the entrance so you see me. She drives him down the path to what she thinks is his stuck truck. He attacks her. DVD falls out in commotion. This is the only thing that makes sense in my head.

He says I found the most beautiful little bay. We can talk about the baby there. They start to argue and in a built up rage he kills her. Premeditated in thought of the prospect the baby was going to ruin everything but no plan that he actually followed through with it. Her truck stays there until he or an accomplice or random people get the truck and scrap it then drive it to jaws to burn it?
I don't know, I'm reaching for an explanation.

Thank you, Wendy Osher and Maui Now.

http://mauinow.com/2016/08/01/capobianco-murder-trial-day-18-charlis-older-sister-testifies/

“I didn’t have any idea that Charli and Steven met up on Sunday (Feb. 9, 2014). The intuition is talking about knowing who to talk to first when inquiring about Charli… If Charli wasn’t at home and was supposed to be at work… For anyone to have asked for a favor that late at night would have been Steven, in my opinion,” she said.

“I don’t know anyone else in the world that would take her sleep time away from her,” she said. Defense attorney Jon Apo followed up with the question, “Other than Steven?” and Brook Scott responded saying, “Correct.”

No gas. Charli's car never left Haiku. Steven's car never got stuck. Work from that. Cant drive two cars at oncw

This.

And maybe his first plan wasn't to torch it at JAWS. May be he changed plans a few days later when he remembered he lived on an island. Also it looked taxed pretty hard in the court video no doors etc

And from Makawao down to Kalipo you can cruise and use less gas.

Since she didn't have gas may be she planned on getting it in the morning, went to her sister's house, and then SC texted her while she was there?

Twilight DVD in court video Fiona or Phaedra said it was from Lydia and Adam or they recognized the writing on it as Lyida or Adams. May be significance there SC sending a message. Or maybe he put it on the ground in obvious place to mark his spot when he returned.

Maybe she threw it at him? Or vice versa if an argument happened. That makes sense.

I'm thinking her truck had to have been down that path. Her blanket and dvd from her truck was there. I don't picture him smart enough to purposely plant a dvd there during a murder.

Twilight DVD in court video Fiona or Phaedra said it was from Lydia and Adam or they recognized the writing on it as Lyida or Adams. May be significance there SC sending a message. Or maybe he put it on the ground in obvious place to mark his spot when he returned.

I think he put in on the ground to mark his spot. And I think the items were placed for him to find, not anyone else. He didn't know that the ping from the app would give him away.

Since she didn't have gas may be she planned on getting it in the morning, went to her sister's house, and then SC texted her while she was there?

I wish they would have asked the sisters and Kim if they remembered Charli getting any texts while she was at the party.

Who on the board goes to Hanzawa's for gas? Could they have stayed open 5 minutes past 8 for a pregnant woman? Surely someone was there closing... You never know.

Within a half hour of leaving Mile 20, Brooke Scott testified that she turned down a dirt road at mile 15.5, and observed headlights coming up, and noticed that the vehicle was being driven by Capobianco.

What on earth could he have done down there within a half hour??
Put a marker, such as a DVD to mark the spot he needed to come back and clean up. Yes Kapua, mark his spot.

A few thoughts ...
if he used the DVD as marker, he had it on a prior night. He's not driving around with her DVD in his truck.

If she were going to use needing gas as a pretext to leave early, she would have left before the only gas station closed, not after.

with today's computer-run pumps and registers, I think they are programmed to shut down at a fixed closing time. I've been told by various businesses they have no ability to make a sale after closing time. Especially with commodities targeted by thieves such as gas.

She didn't need a pretext like needing gas, because she had worked all day and she was pregnant and tired, reason enough to go home at 8, tend to Zoe, working in the morning.

In recent years, there's been a big push in Hawaii for disaster preparedness. We keep a full five gallon gas container that is also for the lawn tractor. Just had one of the boys borrow the gas for an empty tank on his truck a couple days ago. It's perfectly normal to have gas at hand, no stretch for Steven to have it.

I dont think Charli was planning to go anywhere, or she would have bought gas earlier. I'm just saying that if Steven needed her truck to go to Hana, most likely he could fuel it up. I think she was lured to talk about the baby somewhere in Haiku area. They maybe had a spot they had met before, considering she was not allowed at his house.

I think they went in one vehicle, and I don't think there was a vehicle left out there, because surfers go to Paraquat's and there does not appear to be anywhere to drive off the dirt road to conceal a truck. The so called road is barely drivable.

I'm on the fence about planned or unplanned. The lack of a coherent story would seem to point towards something that happened after getting in a fight. Yet there is plenty that points to him having wanted her dead for a month or so.

my idea of what could have enraged him is her telling him he is not needed to be in the kid's life and it's not his call on any decisions. I think he hated the idea of producing a child with no father because he had no father. I know he hated her family, and he did not like the idea of having to approach her family to see his baby. Remember the family commune idea ... He made several remarks in interviews that revealed resentment at being kept out of the loop, out of the decision process.

I don't think he wanted a child at all, but if it was happening, he wanted control. Control matters to this guy. Charli probably thought she was giving him what he wanted to tell him he was not needed, but I think he was furious. He's Italian after all.

PS. As far as we know, the DVD did not mark any spot where evidence had been left and needed cleaning up. As I remember Phaedra's testimony, she had gone off the road trying to find the ping spot, and she saw the DVD. Then she called out and Molly called out from where she and Max were searching. Then P made her way through the jungle and it took a few minutes to get where Molly had lifted up the tank top with a stick.

Then they all walked to the river and found the blanket and other items.
The DVD was put on the clothing to keep the evidence together, and photographed on the pile, but when found it was all by itself and I think fairly close to the road.
I don't have time to listen through P's testimony again at the moment, but that's where the exact account of the DVD location could be found.

PS. As far as we know, the DVD did not mark any spot where evidence had been left and needed cleaning up. As I remember Phaedra's testimony, she had gone off the road trying to find the ping spot, and she saw the DVD. Then she called out and Molly called out from where she and Max were searching. Then P made her way through the jungle and it took a few minutes to get where Molly had lifted up the tank top with a stick.

Then they all walked to the river and found the blanket and other items.
The DVD was put on the clothing to keep the evidence together, and photographed on the pile, but when found it was all by itself and I think fairly close to the road.
I don't have time to listen through P's testimony again at the moment, but that's where the exact account of the DVD location could be found.

Phaedra was searching closer to the road. She found the DVD. Molly was searching in the jungle area, within shouting distance of Phaedra. I'm thinking the DVD marked the approximate spot where you would turn to the left or right and make your way through the jungle to the tree under which the clothes were placed. If he'd planned to go back and get rid of items later, in the dark, he'd have to leave some bread crumbs or he could end up wandering through that dense jungle for a while. As HGO points out, it seems odd to find the DVD in relatively plain sight close to the road. If anything was "placed" it was that DVD. :cow:

OK, I remember differently. I thought they both walked into the jungle at different spots on the road, and Phaedra walked sort of parallel to the road to find Molly. I remember Apo asking P how long she had to walk and it was not long, but I can't remember her exact answer.

Sounds like I do need to listen to it again at some point. I just think it's an odd marker for a guilty person to place. I can see using a commercial DVD that is not unique, but this one is so specific to the victim and her associates ... It would be dumb, but then he did other dumb things.

I wish they would have asked the sisters and Kim if they remembered Charli getting any texts while she was at the party.

Who on the board goes to Hanzawa's for gas? Could they have stayed open 5 minutes past 8 for a pregnant woman? Surely someone was there closing... You never know.
I go to Hanzawa's at least once a week. And yes, like any store, if you're there a few mins before or after closing, they'll let you get gas. It all depends on if it was a slow night, often the employees close right on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member