GUILTY HI - Carly Joann 'Charli' Scott, 27, pregnant, Makawao, 9 Feb 2014 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think Charli was planning to go anywhere, or she would have bought gas earlier. I'm just saying that if Steven needed her truck to go to Hana, most likely he could fuel it up. I think she was lured to talk about the baby somewhere in Haiku area. They maybe had a spot they had met before, considering she was not allowed at his house.

If grandpa wasn't there or wouldn't know she was there it wouldn't matter if she was "allowed."
SC is the one who said she wasn't allowed. Why was it so important to him to volunteer that in his interview? Sorry I don't tend to believe him about much.

OK, I remember differently. I thought they both walked into the jungle at different spots on the road, and Phaedra walked sort of parallel to the road to find Molly. I remember Apo asking P how long she had to walk and it was not long, but I can't remember her exact answer.

Sounds like I do need to listen to it again at some point. I just think it's an odd marker for a guilty person to place. I can see using a commercial DVD that is not unique, but this one is so specific to the victim and her associates ... It would be dumb, but then he did other dumb things.

It's only dumb because the app gave away the last location of Charli's phone, and Phaedra was the one who found it. If it wasn't for that app, and Phaedra's persistence, the searchers would have been looking for a needle in a haystack. In this case, a few items in a 26 mile radius covered in dense foliage.

If grandpa wasn't there or wouldn't know she was there it wouldn't matter if she was "allowed."
SC is the one who said she wasn't allowed. Why was it so important to him to volunteer that in his interview? Sorry I don't tend to believe him about much.

He is such a liar, and not a very good one, either.

And considering that SC was not in the habit of doing nice things for her, wouldn't she be highly suspicious of him offering to put some gas in her car? He could easily have siphoned some from his vehicle, because he didn't necessarily tell her that his truck was stuck. I think he told her that he wanted to talk about the baby. But if he had worked out the "stuck truck" alibi ahead of time, he would have had to conceal his truck from others to make that stick. I think he said Kurt Kaiser gave him a ride to work and he met SC on the road, not at his house. I will go re-listen to that testimony in a bit.

I imagine both of them in her vehicle because I don't think he wanted to leave any evidence in his. No matter how well his truck was detailed, blood stains are stubborn. I also imagine her incapacitated in some way before or during the drive - drugged, knocked cold... Interesting that there were zip ties near the bloody jeans.

But I can also entertain Peter's theory that she never left Haiku alive, but her cell phone and Nala did. Hopefully, will soon know if any microscopic evidence was found in SC's truck. Would Charli's 4Runner have made it down that dirt road? Hers was not lifted.

It was Kyle Knight who gave Steven a ride to work the next day. Why? What was with his car? Something he didnt want seen perhaps? Kyle was supportive of Steven at first but turned pretty hard against him later on. He is on the witness list.

Let me clarify as it was sooo long ago and I might have mislead you. I was actually riding my Mtn Bike out there on Sunday dusk. Took some pics...talked to someone on horseback. Charli went missing then and I dont know the days anymore but what I do know is the search was the day before Chrli's 4runner was found. A friend walked miles from Jaws up the coast eastward. There were lots of people. I rode my motorcycle (Dirtbike) through the deep entrenched gulches. Again...it was the day before the 4Runner was found.

Perhaps the blanket and DVD were in his 4runner and he wanted to ditch them after showing the Scott Girls where his 4runner Supposedly broke down.

Thanks, Peter! I didn't have time to review the testimony, and great point about there being something in or on his truck that he didn't want seen. Still wondering if he got a ride to work Sunday the 9th. That would mean that he'd given some forethought to his alibi. Brooke said that his truck was spotted in Paia on 2/9, so it could be that he made that lame alibi up on the fly, like he described to Brooke the car of the person who he said picked him up. Looking forward to Kyle's testimony.

OMG, Taylor Farner, the ex-girlfriend was up yesterday with some bombshell testimony!

(Mahalo Lila Fujimoto and Maui News!)

http://www.mauinews.com/page/conten...bianco-told-her--he-hated-kids-.html?nav=5161

Murder suspect Steven Capobianco said he "hated kids" and wanted to make sure a former girlfriend would have an abortion if she became pregnant, she testified Monday.

Taylor Farner said that when she and Capobianco were dating in 2013, he told her "that he just wanted to see if I did get pregnant, he wanted to make sure that it would end in an abortion and he never wanted to get married."
"Did he mention how he felt about children?" First Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Robert Rivera asked Farner.
"He said he hated kids," she replied.

No idea.... Loo was too much. Maybe they thought it was all going to be like his testimony. Everyday I'm hopeful they'll start again

All I can think of is Neighbor Islands are marginalized by all the TV news stations. If the trial were on Oahu, it would be covered, and not only because of the expense difference. It just matters more to them by 100 times what happens on Oahu.

Yes! Why has KHON shut it down?
Financial/logistical reasons?
The Court?
Anyone know or have ideas?

I have come to accept that they are simply not going to do it. We will have to depend on Maui News and Maui Now and get the reports the next day. :sigh:

News people who don't care about the news happening on their neighbor island. I don't get it.

Alohaj, is the camera still set up in the courtroom or is it gone?

It seems to have gone silent, very silent, by more than KHON2.

I have come to accept that they are simply not going to do it. We will have to depend on Maui News and Maui Now and get the reports the next day. :sigh:

News people who don't care about the news happening on their neighbor island. I don't get it.
I don't think it's a matter of not caring, but the TV station is an audience numbers business. Oahu has a population of almost a million. Maui population is about 150,000, roughly 1/6 of Oahu. Oahu is seat of government, center of health care and administration for the state. It's just something that isn't going to change. Only the biggest neighbor island news makes the broadcast, competing with a lane shutdown on an Oahu freeway that backed up traffic ...
Last night there was some kind of stabbing rampage that shut down a road, so the trial didn't even get a mention.

Regarding whether SC and Charli drove around in his vehicle or hers, if they drove around at all:

Court Chatter (on YouTube) Trial day 3 part 4, 6/29/16 at 47:45 (SC's second police interview)

Loo: Has Charli ever been in your vehicle recently?

SC: No, she didn’t like my truck because it’s… you gotta climb into it. It’s lifted.

Loo: She’s 5’10”!

SC: She’s 5’10 pregnant, and kind of heavyset.

He's lied about a lot of things, so I don't want to just accept this as fact, but they may have been in the habit of always taking her vehicle because she didn't like his.

Agreed about fibbing about not having gas. I didn't realize gas stations close at 8pm. So yeah, not a great excuse to leave early to meet him. I'm having deja vu from several threads ago mentioning that I have 5 gas stations within 2 miles of my house. And I'm considered rural!

"Defense attorney Jon Apo cross-examined Scott about concerns she had about a couple of people who had joined in the search for her sister in February 2014, as well as others on a list she gave to police detectives during a Feb. 24, 2014, interview.
The list included "a person on the internet saying odd things about me" and the names of others that person brought up, Scott said.
She said she also raised concerns about someone "acting a little bit weird on some of the searches..."

Who are these people? Any relevance??

Agreed about fibbing about not having gas. I didn't realize gas stations close at 8pm. So yeah, not a great excuse to leave early to meet him. I'm having deja vu from several threads ago mentioning that I have 5 gas stations within 2 miles of my house. And I'm considered rural!
lol, yes.
I almost ran out of gas last month in a rural part of the island trying to get gas after 6 PM, got to one on fumes that stayed open until 8 or 9.
I have to drive 20 minutes to the nearest gas when I'm at home. They are scarce here outside of the big towns.

"Defense attorney Jon Apo cross-examined Scott about concerns she had about a couple of people who had joined in the search for her sister in February 2014, as well as others on a list she gave to police detectives during a Feb. 24, 2014, interview.
The list included "a person on the internet saying odd things about me" and the names of others that person brought up, Scott said.
She said she also raised concerns about someone "acting a little bit weird on some of the searches..."

Who are these people? Any relevance??
I don't know who, but I remember back at that time Brooke was upset on camera saying that one or more people were working against them. She said someone was posting rumors to social media that a body had been found and it was tearing Kim up and all the family. She put in a plea for the rumors to stop, and she was angry.

I don't know if that was related to what she mentioned in her testimony, but it was weirdness that was going on at a time when the family really needed support and restraint from gossip and rumors.

Edit: LEOs say that the perp often tries to insert presence into a search for the missing person, so she likely knew that and was watching people who didn't seem right or normal in the group that was volunteering?

I'm guessing Apo is continuing to work on his defense of leads not followed by police, as well as portraying that the family had made up their minds about Steven and pressured the investigation to focus on him. Which kind of doesn't work to do both at once, both that Brooke was hyper vigilant about Steven and that she pointed them to a few other names.

I don't know who, but I remember back at that time Brooke was upset on camera saying that one or more people were working against them. She said someone was posting rumors to social media that a body had been found and it was tearing Kim up and all the family. She put in a plea for the rumors to stop, and she was angry.

I don't know if that was related to what she mentioned in her testimony, but it was weirdness that was going on at a time when the family really needed support and restraint from gossip and rumors.

Edit: LEOs say that the perp often tries to insert presence into a search for the missing person, so she likely knew that and was watching people who didn't seem right or normal in the group that was volunteering?

I'm guessing Apo is continuing to work on his defense of leads not followed by police, as well as portraying that the family had made up their minds about Steven and pressured the investigation to focus on him. Which kind of doesn't work to do both at once, both that Brooke was hyper vigilant about Steven and that she pointed them to a few other names.

Remember there was a body found in the Twin Falls area. It turned out to be some older Euro dude seeking his inner utopia I guess. Ive come across more than one abandoned campsites. Sometimes guys just move out into the jungle or high grasses. Most are mental. http://mauinow.com/2014/03/28/breaking-hunter-finds-human-remains-in-ha%CA%BBiku-near-twin-falls/

Thing is about Charli's 4runner. It was dumped and burned after the main searchers had left the area. The doors had been removed. Now its not hard to remove doors but it takes some good sockets and breaker bars. Now what he drives it doorless to Jaws...or he removes them at Jaws...how does he get them home or wherever...again...you cant drive 2 vehicles at once....Rivera is going here...stay tuned folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike