HI HI -The Honolulu Strangler (1985-86)*UNSOLVED*

HPD was so very incompetent they would not take notice if their was a knot in the first place. To them, a knot is a knot, just like any knot. Why ask? It’s like Why dis the chicken cross the street? The knot could be a simple shoelace knot and too dumb to know what kind. The mere fact that they were “tied” by a string-thing would make the Police Captain smile from ear to ear!

Ted Bundy was in the 70s when serial killers were running around free of spirit while we watched the Brady Bunch. No one had a clue such atrocities were happening in real time. Heck, they didn’t know about Vietnam even.

However, by the mid-80s Reagan years we were aware, but we let our guard down in this era. It was the era of Top Gun…schucks, felt like an innocent period until the gang wars of the rude ‘90s.

Kalekona. Can you elaborate about the severed head in the rubbish chute?

So many horrific murders were covered up in Hawaii to protect the precious tourism trade. Even to this day of COVID, our Governor Ige will not stand up to the powerful tourist industry. Locals are dropping like flies but the language of green prevails!

Trust me, women/girls have red flags that goes up with any male approacher - particularly any smooth talker. Getting into a VAN with a complete male stranger, just himself, would probably not happen unless they were impaired or rendered disabled somehow. I don’t feel this would transpire in broad daylight in a cognizant state.

someone made them feel it was okay. Trust me, I had this creep on a flight sitting next to me that I couldn’t get to shut up. So I rented headphones. Then he wanted to use my cell phone and said I was married (ie, **** Off!). Then he got the message finally!

All 5 women could not all have fallen for a random smooth-talker. Something/someone convinced them he was safe…and your ordinary woman would not willingly cooperate unless he was their pastor/priest…and even then, they’d have 2nd thoughts.

NO! Something/one would have to have been complicit.

That’s my hunch!

Thats fine and Im not discounting your hunch, however Im speaking from experience, it was also a bygone era where hitchhiking was also more prevalent and accepted, this occurred in an area where serial offenses were extremely rare, not that that matters as we saw in the 70's-2000's in places like California and Texas, they were still committing their crimes.

Your statement however that "All 5 women could not all have fallen for a random smooth-talker. Something/someone convinced them he was safe…and your ordinary woman would not willingly cooperate unless he was their pastor/priest…and even then, they’d have 2nd thoughts.", could not be further from the truth

Many victims have met their demise at the hands of people they felt they trusted even if only briefly

Ted Bundy made a career out of sweet talking young women some say as many as 50 but the known number was at least 30 minus the 2 he randomly bludgeoned to death in their beds in Florida, and the majority of those were while composites of him, a description of his vehicle and his first name were being circulated

People knew Todd Kolhepp was odd, even scary, he still was able to lower their inhibitions enough to get them to show up at properties he owned, for business propositions.

Randy Kraft managed to use this very tactic to lure into his car, then kill as many as 70 people, the difference is his victims were male and many of them were US Marines!

So it absolutely can and does happen

And usually the victim type is directly related to the offenders ability to so.

Victims were male. That’s a huge difference, like apples and oranges. Also, do not forget these string of Honolulu murders took place over 6 or so months….not over years amounting to a decade! Apples and oranges, Kell

Victims were male. That’s a huge difference, like apples and oranges. Also, do not forget these string of Honolulu murders took place over 6 or so months….not over years amounting to a decade! Apples and oranges, Kell

Im not sure what your experience is with these type cases, but I can assure you it is not apples to oranges.

Unfortunately Opinion doesnt trump science and facts, otherwise everyone would be right .

I am now believing this was an Honolulu Police Department coverup.

These females were deceived by someone in an official HPD capacity. He was probably a police officer that approached them stating they were being arrested for some made-up charge and this officer placed the ties around their elbows and behind the back. This is not Lisa Au (murdered by boyfriend, nor Diane Suzuki that was murdered by the sleazy photographer and carried her corpse in front of her family in the chest box he carried out while which the family unfortunately witnessed(!)...incompetent/useless HPD….
…..This is the ONLY and singular reason why these girls were convinced to get in an official HPD car and driven off. Not a red flag Pedo Chevy van! This HPD officer than raped, strangled and threw their corpses in Keehi lagoon and elsewhere. He was smart (or lucky) enough to have had a vasectomy due to uncontrollable sex drive.

Then it’s simply a matter of “losing” all DNA evidence. That’s why this Howard Gay and pedo van business doesn’t add up! What/where or ever did the HPD find this van? Why after years under surveillance did they ever witness Howard Gay of suspicious behavior? Certainly, if a man loses a son he might turn religious. That is WHY Peter Carlisle never perused this case! It was a coverup and this Howard Gay guy was the fall guy.

These women were murdered by someone powerful enough or HPD and they were taken off in an actual police vehicle

Not related at all to the Honolulu Strangler homicides, Nancy Anderson’s murder suspect was picked up today and this murder occurred in 1972. 50 years ago and apparently HPD did have the killer’s bloodied towel retained as evidence. Yet, HPD has none of the evidence, nor any DNA from the Honolulu Strangler’s victims.

This is very odd, indeed. Also, HPD was never able to find this killer’s van (as they speculated, but never confiscated). Also, there was absolutely no follow-up on what happened to the victims lower garments and footwear. I still hold on to my suspicion that it involved someone in HPD. Perhaps a police officer or someone posing as one.**see Lisa Au case***. If this killer was in a police car and said they needed to get in the car for something involving a family accident, then I could easily how they would willingly comply.

Remember that the only lead on Howard Gay was that he had a vasectomy and supposedly worked near the airport. Nothing else tangible to him and these murders are still not solved.

Not related at all to the Honolulu Strangler homicides, Nancy Anderson’s murder suspect was picked up today and this murder occurred in 1972. 50 years ago and apparently HPD did have the killer’s bloodied towel retained as evidence. Yet, HPD has none of the evidence, nor any DNA from the Honolulu Strangler’s victims.

This is very odd, indeed. Also, HPD was never able to find this killer’s van (as they speculated, but never confiscated). Also, there was absolutely no follow-up on what happened to the victims lower garments and footwear. I still hold on to my suspicion that it involved someone in HPD. Perhaps a police officer or someone posing as one.**see Lisa Au case***. If this killer was in a police car and said they needed to get in the car for something involving a family accident, then I could easily how they would willingly comply.

Remember that the only lead on Howard Gay was that he had a vasectomy and supposedly worked near the airport. Nothing else tangible to him and these murders are still not solved.
I am wondering if this isn't the Santa Rosa Hitchhiker Murderer at work in the 80s after his stint in California in the 70s. Same sort of rapid series of events in the space of a year or two. Dumping sites are similar. Also the rear binding. There doesn't appear to be DNA in the SRHM cases either.

What’s this that I read in my notes that her father George(?) Arnett raped the mother of Regina and that she was a child of rape by her own father? I personally spoke to her brother, Omar, and this was on my notes with him.

In that case, if true, then it’s possible Regina went into the car from the Waipahu bus stop into a car driven by her own natural father! He might have raped and killed his own daughter!

all I know is that she would NOT get into a car/van with a strange man the likes of Gay.

BTW, I live near that bus stop and it’s still there(!). I feel attached to this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back