Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cases like this that are odd tend to make you wonder a lot. Staying open minded to anything keeps me from going towards conspiracy theories most of the times. lol

Give the benefit of the doubt when judging. Not perfect, but just be open minded. Words are words and we haven't seen much action here lately except a lawyer saying Shayne is deceased & clearly calling LE for his demise due to the immunity agreement being revoked. SA was living in fear of being indicted...

jmo

JMO
Do I remember it right that some of her remains were found in a bucket just sitting there where the skull was found?

Respectfully - - I think that is INCORRECT, and I would encourage we do more double-checking before that idea gets implanted as some sort of "false fact" if indeed it's not true.

As I recall, and this is all afaik ...
* yes a bucket was found with the remains
* but afaik it was never revealed what it contained (if anything)
* some guessed or wildly assumed it had remains
* others guessed or wildly assumed it had carried remains from elsewhere
* but strictly speaking, afaik the finder (and LE) never said what he found in it, nor if he found anything in it at all
* didn't LE even threaten or try to prosecute him for talking to the media about finding anything (ie Holly in general)?
...[ASIDE - - my thought: way to go Stowe, nice way to handle your witnesses and get them on your side - again]
* I think he said he turned over the bucket looking for ginseng, and then made a "discovery"
...but that could mean the discovery was under the bucket, or maybe it was something in the bucket, or perhaps both - but, we just don't know afaik
* maybe in the bucket something was written, like "Holly Bobo RIP" or something written noting her gravesite there or decease
* for all we know, it maybe could have been a crude head marker for a crude grave, or a container of personal items
* or maybe parts dismembered from there at the remains site
* and as you note, it could have been used to bring stuff from elsewhere
* it's all pure conjecture so any of the above could be right, or something else entirely
* keep in mind, the defense in this case may not even be able to answer these questions yet - -and they may not even know for sure that it was Holly

Give the benefit of the doubt when judging. Not perfect, but just be open minded. Words are words and we haven't seen much action here lately except a lawyer saying Shayne is deceased & clearly calling LE for his demise due to the immunity agreement being revoked. SA was living in fear of being indicted...

jmo

When I step back and try to think what may have been his mindset, I end up thinking the following is a very real possibility:
1 I start with the assumption that maybe he was telling the truth, as he knew it
2 Which means, based on his offer, he wasn't directly involved in the crimes vs Holly, but perhaps after the fact ..plus, he knew some stuff
3 So, in that context, he made a big decision. He decided to do the right thing and tell LE what he knew.
4 And what did LE do in return? They threw him under the bus in 4 significant ways.
a - They told him (and the world) they were going to prosecute him anyhow, and left him looking over his shoulder every day, with the idea his life could be ripped apart by an arrest at any later time.
b - To the world, they proclaimed him a liar. And worse. Without ever having to prove any of it, ever.
c - They outed him to the really bad guys, revealing that he had tried to tell what he knew. Didn't they make him a "target"?
d - They outed him to the rest of the county, making it look like he had helped abduct and murder Holly. Didn't they make him a complete outcast? (And, if some are crazy enough for vengeance, more of a target?)

If it's true he had little-to-no-involvement, and simply told what he had come to know, in a quest to do the right thing, they really screwed him over big-time. And I can't say that's far-fetched at all.

When I step back and try to think what may have been his mindset, I end up thinking the following is a very real possibility:
1 I start with the assumption that maybe he was telling the truth, as he knew it
2 Which means, based on his offer, he wasn't directly involved in the crimes vs Holly, but perhaps after the fact ..plus, he knew some stuff
3 So, in that context, he made a big decision. He decided to do the right thing and tell LE what he knew.
4 And what did LE do in return? They threw him under the bus in 4 significant ways.
a - They told him (and the world) they were going to prosecute him anyhow, and left him looking over his shoulder every day, with the idea his life could be ripped apart by an arrest at any later time.
b - To the world, they proclaimed him a liar. And worse. Without ever having to prove any of it, ever.
c - They outed him to the really bad guys, revealing that he had tried to tell what he knew. Didn't they make him a "target"?
d - They outed him to the rest of the county, making it look like he had helped abduct and murder Holly. Didn't they make him a complete outcast? (And, if some are crazy enough for vengeance, more of a target?)

If it's true he had little-to-no-involvement, and simply told what he had come to know, in a quest to do the right thing, they really screwed him over big-time. And I can't say that's far-fetched at all.

He was already facing unrelated serious charges IIRC, and the deal he got eliminated or reduced them. In addition, he got immunity from any charges stemming from the information he provided about what happened to Holly. His lawyer would have negotiated for that, he gives them something and in return they do something for him. To protect him from self incrimination regarding the Holly case, he was given immunity for anything stemming from that. Pretty standard deal for informants facing unrelated charges. There was no "doing the right thing" involved, he was getting off a different hook by doing it.

Presumably whatever he told LE turned out to be useless and probably made up, that is why they wanted to revoke the deal they made with him. My guess is that he was also telling other people different things, and that got back to LE as well (or so they appear to be claiming), so they got the idea that he was more heavily involved and tried to set him up in the style that they have used for so many of the other characters in the case, which is to say either catch him out making some sort of incriminating statement off guard, or find some witness who would incriminate him. Maybe the real reason for LE making all their threats and "investigating" him was to pressure him into "spontaneously" making further statements that were more "useful" (that appears to by the MO of local LE anyway). They couldn't out and out threaten him to do it he had to volunteer the information or otherwise it would be useless. But they could apply indirect pressure and make life so uncomfortable that he would feel sufficiently intimidated into doing what they wanted without them telling him what exactly to do. That pressure might well be the real reason he killed himself.

For what it is worth, IMO it increasingly looks like the local LE doesn't care who on the periphery gets hurt or damaged in all of this, all they appear to be concerned about is convicting someone (anyone) so they can close the case and call it done. And if there is collateral damage, so be it. I am not so sure that it has anything to do with justice anymore, it seems to be more about appearances.

JMO
Do I remember it right that some of her remains were found in a bucket just sitting there where the skull was found?

If so, I think that circumstantial evidence of some of the remains being reported to be in a bucket is pretty good circumstantial evidence that the remains were moved. At least to me it would be. A bucket is very portable and it kind of screams out it was carried in the bucket from a previous location.

If it was transported, it is strange the person did not go to more trouble to dump the bucket and take the bucket away. Kind of points to an amatuer or very Young person doing the transporting and maybe a car was approaching so they ran off and left it.

It sounded to me that the remains could not have been at that place very long without someone noticing that bucket and investigating. Im thinking 6 months to a year max they were there where found.

As of yet, they haven't said what was in the bucket (frustrating).

Certainly, it's possible that the body was moved, but if I remember correctly, the land owner said he didn't think people went back in that far.

Respectfully - - I think that is INCORRECT, and I would encourage we do more double-checking before that idea gets implanted as some sort of "false fact" if indeed it's not true.

As I recall, and this is all afaik ...
* yes a bucket was found with the remains
* but afaik it was never revealed what it contained (if anything)
* some guessed or wildly assumed it had remains
* others guessed or wildly assumed it had carried remains from elsewhere
* but strictly speaking, afaik the finder (and LE) never said what he found in it, nor if he found anything in it at all
* didn't LE even threaten or try to prosecute him for talking to the media about finding anything (ie Holly in general)?
...[ASIDE - - my thought: way to go Stowe, nice way to handle your witnesses and get them on your side - again]
* I think he said he turned over the bucket looking for ginseng, and then made a "discovery"
...but that could mean the discovery was under the bucket, or maybe it was something in the bucket, or perhaps both - but, we just don't know afaik
* maybe in the bucket something was written, like "Holly Bobo RIP" or something written noting her gravesite there or decease
* for all we know, it maybe could have been a crude head marker for a crude grave, or a container of personal items
* or maybe parts dismembered from there at the remains site
* and as you note, it could have been used to bring stuff from elsewhere
* it's all pure conjecture so any of the above could be right, or something else entirely
* keep in mind, the defense in this case may not even be able to answer these questions yet - -and they may not even know for sure that it was Holly

The guy who found the remains made some statement about being disturbed by what he found when he upturned it. That's why people are imagining body parts, but we really don't have any idea at this point.

I thought the deal with Austin was he would lead LE to Holly but that never happened. Is this incorrect?

Well, I know this isn't going to be a popular statement, but Shame on the TBI and Shame on the DA's Office.

Remember Stowe wasn't even in office, when, Shayne got the rug pulled out from underneath him.

1. A March 6 agreement between Austin and authorities granted him immunity from various charges in the case, including "all charges arising out of the disposal, destruction, burial, and/or concealment of Holly Bobo's deceased body," court documents show.

2. The agreement hinged on Bobo's body being recovered from the place where Austin said it was buried. It also included a provision granting Austin immunity for drug-related criminal activity "not to include any drugs administered to Holly Lynn Bobo."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...15/02/27/shayne-austin-found-hanged/24115817/

3. The Immunity Agreement:
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/whbq/Shayne_Kyle_Austin_immunity_documents.pdf

4. March 27th: The state voided the immunity agreement because Austin was not completely truthful and forthcoming, according to an email from Assistant District Attorney General Beth Boswell to Austin's lawyer, Luke Evans. The email was sent on March 27.

The agreement was also void if investigators independently developed evidence or witnesses — other than any co-conspirators — that implicated Austin in a crime related to the Bobo case.

The immunity agreement had been signed by Boswell, Evans, Austin and Russ Winkler, assistant special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-plan-indict-third-suspect-bobo-case/8489391/

5: The full Complaint of Austin against the ST of Tn, filed by his lawyer. Including the agreement and the answer of withdrawing that Agreement. You don't have to d/l this to read it, several pages.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/221108680/Complaint-Austin-v-TN#scribd

Full articles from the Jackson Sun can be found here:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/topic/aaa3eeab-10e7-4f9c-97fb-50aae833bf8a/holly-bobo/

You will find full articles of when Holly's remains were found as well.

I'm new here, so if this has already been stated , I apologize. I feel that someone close to her either burned these slugs for some drugs or money. I think she was abducted and raped out of revenge. I think that the rape got out of hand and she was killed. Then these guys panicked and disposed of the body. I think that they probably did film it with cell phones and I believe that will ultimately be their undoing, I hope. Just my opinion.

I'm new here, so if this has already been stated , I apologize. I feel that someone close to her either burned these slugs for some drugs or money. I think she was abducted and raped out of revenge. I think that the rape got out of hand and she was killed. Then these guys panicked and disposed of the body. I think that they probably did film it with cell phones and I believe that will ultimately be their undoing, I hope. Just my opinion.
Any opinions as to who burned them?

I don't know. I just don't think it was random. Pure speculation on my part. I think it will eventually come out though

Honestly, I'm with you for some of that. I don't know that these guys were the ones. I have seen zero evidence of their involvement. And I haven't seen any evidence as of yet that there was a rape. And they never have found the cell phone video. But I have suspected all along that they kidnapped Holly to get to someone else. Most likely as part of the drug trade.

Yesterday, someone vandalized the wikipedia page and put the following paragraphs there:

Several unanswered questions remain concerning her family and more specific her brother Clint. Clint was the last known person to see her alive. his version of the events of that morning have changed several times causing some to question his involvement. If is also notable that he disappeared from sight for several months soon after her disappearance. Drug rehab has been speculated by several and not officially denied. It is also speculated that the kidnappers were at the Bobo home looking for Clint who was hiding out, which is backed up by the fact that he had hidden his truck in the garage the night prior to her kidnapping. The family also hired a well known defense attorney Steven Farese in secret and did not disclose this until arrests were made 3 years after the kidnapping.

The family had several fundraising events to raise funds for a reward leading to her return, but one of the larger events has drawn criticism from several areas. They had a T-Shirt sale that raised tens of thousands of dollars. All the proceeds from the shirts was supposed to go to Holly when she returned home so that she could go on a long vacation. Now that Holly has been declared dead, the fate of that fund is unknown. However it has been noted that Karen (mother) had prior to obtaining Steven Farese had solicited another attorney and offered to pay her from the monies collected for the reward.

I'm not sure where this information is coming from. I do not believe that Clint Bobo killed his sister as some people are saying. There isn't enough time between the scream and the calls with his mother and the police arriving for him to have taken Holly someone, killed her, disposed of the body, gotten back, and met the police with no signs of him having been in a struggle. However, was someone looking for him? She was very close to her family (from what the media makes it sound) and she may very well have said "Okay, fine, I'll take you to him." leading the kidnapper away from the house because she knew he was in there. However, it seems strange that Clint wouldn't tell police who he thinks has her if that is the case. They seem like a close family.

However, if they were looking for her boyfriend, another friend, even an ex-boyfriend. That might explain the argument and then the walking into the woods with him. She agreed to take whoever it was to who he was looking for. Her ex was arrested earlier last year for drugs. Were they looking for her ex?

To me, this is a very solid theory.

Well, I know this isn't going to be a popular statement, but Shame on the TBI and Shame on the DA's Office.

Remember Stowe wasn't even in office, when, Shayne got the rug pulled out from underneath him.

1. A March 6 agreement between Austin and authorities granted him immunity from various charges in the case, including "all charges arising out of the disposal, destruction, burial, and/or concealment of Holly Bobo's deceased body," court documents show.

2. The agreement hinged on Bobo's body being recovered from the place where Austin said it was buried. It also included a provision granting Austin immunity for drug-related criminal activity "not to include any drugs administered to Holly Lynn Bobo."

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...15/02/27/shayne-austin-found-hanged/24115817/

3. The Immunity Agreement:
http://content.foxtvmedia.com/whbq/Shayne_Kyle_Austin_immunity_documents.pdf

4. March 27th: The state voided the immunity agreement because Austin was not completely truthful and forthcoming, according to an email from Assistant District Attorney General Beth Boswell to Austin's lawyer, Luke Evans. The email was sent on March 27.

The agreement was also void if investigators independently developed evidence or witnesses — other than any co-conspirators — that implicated Austin in a crime related to the Bobo case.

The immunity agreement had been signed by Boswell, Evans, Austin and Russ Winkler, assistant special agent in charge of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/new...-plan-indict-third-suspect-bobo-case/8489391/

5: The full Complaint of Austin against the ST of Tn, filed by his lawyer. Including the agreement and the answer of withdrawing that Agreement. You don't have to d/l this to read it, several pages.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/221108680/Complaint-Austin-v-TN#scribd

Full articles from the Jackson Sun can be found here:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/topic/aaa3eeab-10e7-4f9c-97fb-50aae833bf8a/holly-bobo/

You will find full articles of when Holly's remains were found as well.

I agree with you.

By the way, do we have any knowledge of what they meant by "drugs administered to Holly Bobo"? A few months back, someone posted a comment about how I was delusional for defending these guys saying there was no evidence because these guys were monsters and they tortured her with drugs and then "they killed her by injecting her with bad meth". I asked for clarification on how they knew this information and they deleted the comment. I have no idea if they have some inside info or if they just heard a rumor. Not sure what I should think about that.

I understand those who feel Clint is the key to understanding this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
binkabish