Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

:seeya: Morning,

:rose: :rose: Remembering Holly :rose::rose:

This Wednesday, April 13, 2016, will be five years since Holly was abducted.

In Remembrance of Holly

th

th

24933042_SA.jpg

Link: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...olly+Bobo&qpvt=images+of+Holly+Bobo&FORM=IGRE

A backwards walk in time....

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/local/2014/09/14/holly-bobo-case-searchers/15632571/

The Holly Bobo case: Friends, strangers, searchers
Jordan Buie , Jackson Sun 2:19 p.m. CDT September 14, 2014

The first searchers to arrive on Swan Johnson Road on the morning of April 13, 2011, were family and friends.

But law enforcement officials said that by the end of the day Holly Bobo was kidnapped, more than 400 people had helped in the search. Over the past three years, some estimate more than 10,000 people have searched the hills and hollows of Decatur and Henderson counties alone.

Friends and strangers alike dedicated their time and prayers in hopes of bringing Bobo home. Now that her remains have been found, those who supported the Bobo family in the search say they will continue supporting them as the murder case against two local men heads to trial.

<Snipped - Read More @ Link>

Still praying and hoping for justice for Holly. This is the case that brought me to Websleuths, i remember exactly how scary the story of her abduction was to me then, and even now it's perhaps scarier...I hope the Bobo family knows how many people think and pray for them. I can't even imagine what an awful anniversary of sorts this is for them, I hope their faith continues to carry them on in this difficult, unnecessary journey.

I hate seeing this case seemingly in this perpetual period of waiting. Justice for Holly was due a long time ago!!

If someone did hack an IPhone, would Apple know about it if the person did not make an announcement that he/she had done so? I mean, would the phone automatically send an alert to Apple?

Just a guess but I don't think so or they would already know their phone is hackable. They really thought the FBI wouldn't be able to find anyone to unlock their phone. Never say never. There is always someone smart enough to do just about anything, Now that their customers know it can be hacked I am sure they have now updated their software and changed it.

After reading about the FBIs success in having someone hack into the terrorist's phone I saw another case out in Texas and the investigators on that case were also able to hack into the suspect's IPhone. So its just a matter of time before other law enforcement agencies will have their own expert (hacker) who will be able to unlock this type of phone. I think privacy is a great issue of concern to those who aren't doing criminal activities who doesn't want Big Brother snooping just because they can, but if a suspect has been arrested and charged with a serious crime I believe unlocking their phone is of great importance since so much is done and said on these kind of phones now by criminals including videos of the crimes they have done.

Plus now that Apple knows their phone can be penetrated its logical to think they have made tightened security adjustments on all existing phones in service so the phone software before then really have no value to them anymore as to whether they are penetrated or not. I do think in the name of justice certain phones which may hold evidentiary value with or without the manufacturer's permission should be opened. The very evidence they may need to bring someone to justice may be on the phones of the rapists/pedophiles or murderers.

NC5_ChrisConte

Just now ·
All three attorneys in &#8234;#&#8206;HollyBobo&#8236; case have asked for a change of venue. Judge has indicated they are looking at Hardin County @NC5

:seeya: Thanks for the update.

From the link above:

"So who is this possible other suspect?

Thompson told Channel 4, she didn't feel comfortable releasing his name, but said he has no relation to the current suspects and would have a completely different motive."

So ... is there really another suspect -- or -- is this just another typical defense tactic?

:thinking: Hmmm ... off to check that other site ... lol !

From the link above:

Thompson told Channel 4, she didn't feel comfortable releasing his name, but said he has no relation to the current suspects and would have a completely different motive."

So ... is there really another suspect -- or -- is this just another typical defense tactic?

My guess is that she would be referring to either the brother or the boyfriend. I don't think there is anyone else who might be portrayed that way.

I don't recall Stowe making the remarks she claimed he did though. However, we can infer from that comment that no DNA evidence from Bobo was found in the house since it is not mentioned in the discovery materials (assuming that the prosecution is not withholding critical evidence from the defense).

Did they ever find her actual body/remains..

Yes they did find her remains in September of 2014 in the woods 20 miles from her home. They announced manner of death was homicide, but I can't recall if they ever said anything more specific than that. They might be saving it for trial.

assuming that the prosecution is not withholding critical evidence from the defense

"With regards to us, they've been completely cooperative. We have reviewed numerous items with the state of Tennessee, and items that we've wanted to see in addition to the ones we've already seen, they've allowed us to do it, so we've had no problems with that issue with the state," said Michael Scholl, Autry's attorney.

It think it is pretty safe to assume Tennessee is not holding back any evidence within the scope of discovery .....as a matter of fact if we were to assume anything from this article it would be that the state might be letting the defense look at evidence not covered under the discovery laws.

Or at the very least JA's legal team has had access to items they wished to see.

Is this the only active thread discussion Holly's case? I've been away from the board for awhile and trying to search for things from my phone isn't working very well. TIA for help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Is this the only active thread discussion Holly's case? I've been away from the board for awhile and trying to search for things from my phone isn't working very well. TIA for help!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome back HoneySugar.

This is the only active discussion thread, but the following link will give you an overview of Holly's forum and previous discussion threads.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?458-Holly-Bobo

HTH

From the link above:

Hello everyone! LTNS! ;)

I highly doubt it. It seems that particular lawyer is on a fishing expedition. It is quite common though for a defendant to use the defense of SODDI. I have seen many do the same thing before and never could understand why they went that route since they had no evidence to even back up their claims. May be why their clients were convicted since juries want to see evidence to support any allegation. Its easy to try and place the blame on someone else but it takes evidence to prove it. What other defense can they use really though? I guess the other two will go with "I wasn't there defense.'

The other two defense teams seem perfectly satisfied with the discovery they have received which is duplicated among all three defense teams. Believe me if they had discovery showing another suspect they would sing it from the roof tops trying to taint the jury pool since news channels covers a wide range area.

"And that motion was filed by one set of defense attorneys, not the other two, and all of them have received the exact same discovery," said Jennifer Nichols, the lead prosecutor in the Bobo case.

We asked Autry's attorneys if they're having any issues.

"With regards to us, they've been completely cooperative. We have reviewed numerous items with the state of Tennessee, and items that we've wanted to see in addition to the ones we've already seen, they've allowed us to do it, so we've had no problems with that issue with the state," said Michael Scholl, Autry's attorney.

So the ADA is withholding nothing and is actually giving them more discovery than is required. Sounds like the ADA is very confident about these cases to me and is hiding nothing.

Now I am sure the ADA is very aware of who they are going to try to blame and will be ready for them if this does come up.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back