Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #8

Well shizzle - I can't find a link to court records... anyone have a link, maybe?? TIA!
vil2_neige.gif

September 9, 2022

"A Tennessee appeals court has denied another request for a new trial from one of the men convicted in the 2011 murder of Holly Bobo.

Zach Adams was convicted in 2017 of kidnapping, raping, and murdering the nursing student in Decatur County, Tennessee.

His defense raised several reasons why they said Adams should have a new trial, but the court of Criminal Appeals of Tennessee denied all of them.

Adams is currently serving life in prison."

Jason Autry update --

Long after the trials of the others, the delay presumably being in order to make sure he was available and would be cooperative to testify in any possible retrial of the others, JA was sentenced to 8 years for his part.

But at that point (Sept 2020), he was then released because of "time served" to that point. Ugh. I believe many of us think he was way more central to HB's murder than he testified, and that he sugar-coated his own involvement (and perhaps exaggerated that of others) in his "star testimony." He should have been locked up forever.

However, he didn't stay out of prison for long. (Let me offer a loud "Yay!!!" for that! This brutal sadistic killer needs to stay locked up imo.) In Dec 2020 he was arrested on weapons charges. (Maybe LE was keeping an eye for a good reason to lock him up again, knowing how he had skated on the Bobo case?) This was already noticed and shared in this thread a bit earlier.

NEW UPDATE -- Here's the Oct 20, 2022 article where he agreed to plead guilty to those charges! It will be quite some time before he's out again - no parole in a fed case.

A federal judge set a Nov. 22 hearing for Jason Autry, who was arrested in December 2020 after he tried to run away from a sheriff’s deputy in a rural field, where the deputy found a Marlin rifle.

Autry was then indicted on charges of possessing a weapon and ammunition as a felon with prior violent offenses. Autry had pleaded not guilty, but he has agreed to change his plea to guilty, according to an Oct. 4 court filing obtained by The Associated Press.

Autry had faced 15 years to life in prison under the charges in a third superseding indictment issued Sept. 29. It was not immediately clear Thursday what sentence he faces under the plea agreement.

Last edited:
Jason Autry update --

Long after the trials of the others, the delay presumably being in order to make sure he was available and would be cooperative to testify in any possible retrial of the others, JA was sentenced to 8 years for his part.

But at that point (Sept 2020), he was then released because of "time served" to that point. Ugh. I believe many of us think he was way more central to HB's murder than he testified, and that he sugar-coated his own involvement (and perhaps exaggerated that of others) in his "star testimony." He should have been locked up forever.

However, he didn't stay out of prison for long. (Let me offer a loud "Yay!!!" for that! This brutal sadistic killer needs to stay locked up imo.) In Dec 2020 he was arrested on weapons charges. (Maybe LE was keeping an eye for a good reason to lock him up again, knowing how he had skated on the Bobo case?) This was already noticed and shared in this thread a bit earlier.

NEW UPDATE -- Here's the Oct 20, 2022 article where he agreed to plead guilty to those charges! It will be quite some time before he's out again - no parole in a fed case.

A federal judge set a Nov. 22 hearing for Jason Autry, who was arrested in December 2020 after he tried to run away from a sheriff’s deputy in a rural field, where the deputy found a Marlin rifle.

Autry was then indicted on charges of possessing a weapon and ammunition as a felon with prior violent offenses. Autry had pleaded not guilty, but he has agreed to change his plea to guilty, according to an Oct. 4 court filing obtained by The Associated Press.

Autry had faced 15 years to life in prison under the charges in a third superseding indictment issued Sept. 29. It was not immediately clear Thursday what sentence he faces under the plea agreement.

Yes, yes, yes, yes! I agree with everything you posted. I was so upset when he just skated on the murder charge for Holly.

New developments years after conviction in high profile Holly Bobo case​

The key witness that led to conviction of Zach Adams recants his testimony

New developments years after conviction in high profile Holly Bobo case​

The key witness that led to conviction of Zach Adams recants his testimony

I noticed in the article that a hearing is going to be held for this. Anyone reading here - can you access Hardin County court site - I just tried & of course, won't let me in...

TIA if anyone can find out about this hearing. :)

I just saw this last night. I don't have any information. But I followed this case very closely. I always felt like JA wasn't being truthful during the trail. Not to say that ZA is innocent. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think these three killed Holly.

I don't think they are great people in any means but if they didnt kill Holly than the right person needs to be prosecuted.

Where's the evidence against them?

Terry Britt seems a much more viable POI than these three.

Jmo

Last edited:

From link above:

In a petition filed recently in Hardin County Circuit Court by Adam’s appellate lawyer, it says Autry confessed that he lied, making up the whole story in his jail cell in discussions with his attorney about the best way to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison. ….

All of this means the case could be reopened and Adams could be released as a free man.

Also available as PDFs via MSM media site above:

Adams Amended Petition for Post Conviction Relief:

Adams Petition for Writ of Error Coram Nobis:

As the star witness in the Holly Bobo murder trial, Jason Autry spoke in a calm, deliberative manner as an attentive jury listened to him recreate the day the kidnapped Tennessee nursing student was wrapped in a blanket, placed in the back of a pickup truck, driven to a river and shot to death by his friend.

Autry wore a white jail uniform and made a point of putting on eyeglasses as he looked at rural maps during his hourslong testimony in the killing of Bobo, a 20-year-old woman who disappeared from her home in 2011. Bobo's remains were found more than three years after a massive search of woods, fields and farms.

A convicted felon facing serious charges in the case, Autry gave graphic testimony against his friend Zachary Adams, including details about drug use and Bobo's kidnapping, rape and slaying. Autry told the jury he served as a lookout as Adams shot Bobo under a bridge near a river.

"It sounded like, boom, boom, boom, underneath that bridge. It was just one shot but it echoed," Autry testified. "Birds went everywhere, all up under that bridge. Then just dead silence for just a second."

Praised by the trial judge who called his testimony credible, Autry's story helped seal the fate of Adams, who was convicted at the 2017 trial and sentenced to life in prison plus 50 years. More than six years later, court records show Autry's taking it all back and recanting his testimony, saying he made up the story to avoid spending life in prison.

Autry's reversal was revealed in two petitions, obtained by CBS affiliate WREG-TV, seeking post-conviction relief filed by Adams' lawyer in Hardin County, where the trial took place. Adams, 39, wants his conviction thrown out based on Autry's latest statements about the case that grabbed national headlines and frightened residents of Bobo's quiet west Tennessee hometown of Parsons, about 120 miles east of Memphis.

"The record will ultimately acquit Mr. Adams based on Mr. Jason Autry's complete and total recantation," one of the petitions says.
*I remember Miss Holly so well. Makes me sad to remember her. :(

As the star witness in the Holly Bobo murder trial, Jason Autry spoke in a calm, deliberative manner as an attentive jury listened to him recreate the day the kidnapped Tennessee nursing student was wrapped in a blanket, placed in the back of a pickup truck, driven to a river and shot to death by his friend.

Autry wore a white jail uniform and made a point of putting on eyeglasses as he looked at rural maps during his hourslong testimony in the killing of Bobo, a 20-year-old woman who disappeared from her home in 2011. Bobo's remains were found more than three years after a massive search of woods, fields and farms.

A convicted felon facing serious charges in the case, Autry gave graphic testimony against his friend Zachary Adams, including details about drug use and Bobo's kidnapping, rape and slaying. Autry told the jury he served as a lookout as Adams shot Bobo under a bridge near a river.

"It sounded like, boom, boom, boom, underneath that bridge. It was just one shot but it echoed," Autry testified. "Birds went everywhere, all up under that bridge. Then just dead silence for just a second."

Praised by the trial judge who called his testimony credible, Autry's story helped seal the fate of Adams, who was convicted at the 2017 trial and sentenced to life in prison plus 50 years. More than six years later, court records show Autry's taking it all back and recanting his testimony, saying he made up the story to avoid spending life in prison.

Autry's reversal was revealed in two petitions, obtained by CBS affiliate WREG-TV, seeking post-conviction relief filed by Adams' lawyer in Hardin County, where the trial took place. Adams, 39, wants his conviction thrown out based on Autry's latest statements about the case that grabbed national headlines and frightened residents of Bobo's quiet west Tennessee hometown of Parsons, about 120 miles east of Memphis.

"The record will ultimately acquit Mr. Adams based on Mr. Jason Autry's complete and total recantation," one of the petitions says.
*I remember Miss Holly so well. Makes me sad to remember her. :(

from the article:
It's also unclear why Autry would recant his testimony now. A computer drive with Autry's statements was filed with the court, but it's not publicly available. A hearing to determine if the exhibit will be sealed is scheduled for April 17.

I am just here to say that I have not forgotten Holly Bobo....
Followed her case from April 13, 2011...and for a long, long time after.
When spring comes along, I think of her and wish she was still among us.
Honoring her memory with this post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back