Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are not moving the thread to Crimes. The next move will be Awaiting Trial, but I'm waiting to see if Holly is found soon first.

You know, it's times like this when I get a little jealous of the way some of those third world countries handle individuals of this caliber.

If law enforcement was allowed to go in there with a baseball bat, a pair of tin snips, and a battery charger ; I'll betcha they could come out of Zach's jail cell within an hour and tell you exactly where she is.

Dangerous move though...they will have to be careful not to alienate the jury. Clint is a victim.

I am not saying they will point the finger at clint, but I think they will say clint didn't see ZA and even thought it was drew.

Thinking about the facebook post, I just looked at my daughter's fb account and there are posts I KNOW she made on her phone in 2011 and very early 2012 and they don't show being posted by phone. Her posts only started showing that they came from her phone in early 2012. So I believe ZA could easily have posted to fb from his phone in 2011 without it being tagged as coming from the phone the way it would today.

And can't a time stamp be altered? Or the time altered before a post is made?

OT - just an fyi;

http://www.news4jax.com/news/fla-ho...ills/-/475880/24942006/-/5qc9w6z/-/index.html

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -
Sexual predators will be locked up longer and more could be committed for psychiatric review once they finish their criminal sentences under a package of bills the Florida House passed Thursday.

"We are making the state a much safer place. We are making our children safer from these sexually violent predators," said Rep. Gayle Harrell, R-Port St. Lucie.

One of the bills also creates a 50-year mandatory minimum sentence for people who rape children under 12, senior citizens and the developmentally disabled. Offenders would not be eligible for a reduced sentence for good behavior. Now, the mandatory minimum sentence for the worst sexual offenders is 25 years.
<Sniped - read more>

Well, Well, Well!

FINALLY! I have followed this case on here from pretty close to the beginning, and I am just so happy to hear they have someone in custody.

I have always believed it was someone "connected" in this small community. Obviously they never had the "smoking gun" they needed to immediately make this arrest. I do believe however LE as well as many in the community, knew ZA had something to do with this. I am sure in the coming weeks/months we will find answers to many of our original questions......and there were just soooo many. No one that looked at this case could believe how screwed up the info was, how quite LE and the Bobo's were, and the mere fact they knew it was someone in the community one would think someone would have "Talked" by now.

Now we know ZA was someone on the radar, but no one wanted to be the one to point a finger at him. I cannot blame people . He seems like the town Pycho and Meth king. I am sure the fear was palpable. I think even the Bobo's did not want to cross his path, for fear of what he was capable of. ZA did not operate in a vacuum, he has arms all over that town. If you did not have black and white evidence to arrest, you were putting your life and that of your families in great danger even whispering about his gangs involvement.
In my opinion , it finally makes sense. No LE agency could have been as inept as the TBI appeared to be in the days, weeks, months, following Holly's abduction. They knew, but needed the proof to lock him up. I would not be surprised if he did not act alone. I am sure there are others that knew or were involved, it just took one of them this long to finally come forward. I think there will be more arrests, and am so very happy the Bobo's can Breath again.

My heart breaks for them knowing Holly won't be coming home...but if they knew ZA was involved they probably knew that a long time ago. At least now we can hope they have her remains, and can give her a final resting place.

I will be reading here again, everyday, as I had when Holly first disappeared.

God Bless Holly and the Bobo Family
RUK

Clint will do just fine. Clint is a victim in this case as well and any defense attorney that has a brain the size of a gnat knows it can backfire big time on the defense if they badger a family member of the victim. Especially one who is meek, mild, and shy, and an all around nice guy.

The defense wouldn't be able to use anything against the entire Bobo family. None of them have any criminal past and all are known as upstanding citizens in their community. Something ZA doesn't have.

Clint will answer truthfully and will be allowed to explain why he didn't do certain things and the DA isn't going to stand by and let CB be badgered either.

IMO

I hope you're right, and I hope that Clint is telling the truth about everything that transpired that morning, because if he isn't, a good defense attorney will wipe the floor with him. (Not saying Clint isn't being truthful, mind you. Just a hypothetical.)

I am not saying they will point the finger at clint, but I think they will say clint didn't see ZA and even thought it was drew.

He could actually become a defence witness if the prosecution decides not to put him on the stand. Maybe that would be a better strategy for the prosecution.

Just a thought

You know, it's times like this when I get a little jealous of the way some of those third world countries handle individuals of this caliber.

If law enforcement was allowed to go in there with a baseball bat, a pair of tin snips, and a battery charger ; I'll betcha they could come out of Zach's jail cell within an hour and tell you exactly where she is.

But, you know, we have due process and laws and stuff so prisoners can't be tortured. God knows enough shady stuff goes on in local jails and for-profit prisons in this country that is shameful enough. I don't really know what's so great about living in a third-world country myself. I don't want cops doing illegal stuff. JMOO :twocents:

Well, Well, Well!

FINALLY! I have followed this case on here from pretty close to the beginning, and I am just so happy to hear they have someone in custody.

I have always believed it was someone "connected" in this small community. Obviously they never had the "smoking gun" they needed to immediately make this arrest. I do believe however LE as well as many in the community, knew ZA had something to do with this. I am sure in the coming weeks/months we will find answers to many of our original questions......and there were just soooo many. No one that looked at this case could believe how screwed up the info was, how quite LE and the Bobo's were, and the mere fact they knew it was someone in the community one would think someone would have "Talked" by now.

Now we know ZA was someone on the radar, but no one wanted to be the one to point a finger at him. I cannot blame people . He seems like the town Pycho and Meth king. I am sure the fear was palpable. I think even the Bobo's did not want to cross his path, for fear of what he was capable of. ZA did not operate in a vacuum, he has arms all over that town. If you did not have black and white evidence to arrest, you were putting your life and that of your families in great danger even whispering about his gangs involvement.
In my opinion , it finally makes sense. No LE agency could have been as inept as the TBI appeared to be in the days, weeks, months, following Holly's abduction. They knew, but needed the proof to lock him up. I would not be surprised if he did not act alone. I am sure there are others that knew or were involved, it just took one of them this long to finally come forward. I think there will be more arrests, and am so very happy the Bobo's can Breath again.

My heart breaks for them knowing Holly won't be coming home...but if they knew ZA was involved they probably knew that a long time ago. At least now we can hope they have her remains, and can give her a final resting place.

RUK

I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint. I don't think the TBI is/was afraid of ZA in any way. Obviously, he was on the radar of a lot of people since the beginning, some LE too I would guess. Local LE has, imo, been shut out of events beginning with the search warrants. He may or may not have been given special treatment locally. With his arrest record, I think it is obvious. The TBI guys look and act like they mean business. TBI may also have felt ZA was involved all this time too. Solid evidence is a must in order to get an arrest and ultimately a conviction. I think TBI jumped as soon as they got evidence. I'm sure that in the opinion of some TBI personnel, ZA is a small town and bully. If the TBI is anything like the GBI in GA, these people don't intimidate easily. We don't know how ZA would have reacted during his criminal career if he had come in contact with some seriously dedicated LE earlier in his life. From what I can comprehend of his actions before and after the abduction and murder of Holly, he did not seem to mess with anyone who could really cause him problems. Imo, he has picked on people he could intimidate and manipulate. Of course, I don't live in the area, don't know anyone from the area, and surely don't know what happened to Holly. I just know from working with and observing young people for 31 years that he fits what I consider a local bully who didn't mess with anyone who he thought could best him.
The above is, of course, my perceptions and opinions only.

I don't know about all criminals in that town, but this one got far too many slaps on the wrist, and far too many chances. Had he been punished as he should have been, this would not even be a thread on WS. In TN, you get three felonies, you fall under the 3 strikes law. But not if you can plead down. Can't believe this ZA avoided that with all his issues.

:welcome: BACK! RU Kidding!

Good post up there. I do not know that TBI was incompetent and I suspect someone was pulling strings to keep his hiney out of jail. I am just not sure who or the motivation. Til I know that I am finding it very hard to judge their performance on this case. As you say, in a small rural or small town area everyone knows a lot or thinks they know a lot or suspects a lot but proving it while an intimidating crowd is out among those who might speak or challenge their behaviors are less likely to speak while citizens feel at risk. When citizens do not cooperate it is hard for LE to move forward in an investigation.

I still wonder if he was not some sort of CI who manipulated the situation to look like he was less a ringleader than he was.

I am reminded of one of the 48 laws in his favorite book which is about never allowing yourself to outshine your mark. Always make them seem like the smarter, cooler, more powerful etc. Let everyone underestimate you.

Which seems contradictory to another of the laws which is that Power is Reputation.

Anyway, thanks for letting me jump off of yours. and again Welcome Back :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.U.Kidding! View Post
Well, Well, Well!

RUK

I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint. I don't think the TBI is/was afraid of ZA in any way. Obviously, he was on the radar of a lot of people since the beginning, some LE too I would guess. Local LE has, imo, been shut out of events beginning with the search warrants. He may or may not have been given special treatment locally. With his arrest record, I think it is obvious. The TBI guys look and act like they mean business. TBI may also have felt ZA was involved all this time too. Solid evidence is a must in order to get an arrest and ultimately a conviction. I think TBI jumped as soon as they got evidence. I'm sure that in the opinion of some TBI personnel, ZA is a small town and bully. If the TBI is anything like the GBI in GA, these people don't intimidate easily. We don't know how ZA would have reacted during his criminal career if he had come in contact with some seriously dedicated LE earlier in his life. From what I can comprehend of his actions before and after the abduction and murder of Holly, he did not seem to mess with anyone who could really cause him problems. Imo, he has picked on people he could intimidate and manipulate. Of course, I don't live in the area, don't know anyone from the area, and surely don't know what happened to Holly. I just know from working with and observing young people for 31 years that he fits what I consider a local bully who didn't mess with anyone who he thought could best him.
The above is, of course, my perceptions and opinions only.

<respectfully sniped for focus>
by Pearl - RE: I respectfully disagree with your viewpoint. I don't think the TBI is/was afraid of ZA in any way

Pearl, after reading R.U.Kidding's post a couple of times, I did not see where it is stated or implied that the TBI is/was afraid of ZA.
With ZA's decade long, violent criminal past, imo, it would be logical to conclude that he has crossed paths with the TBI on more than one occasion..

OT: TN - Police Impersonators will often times escalate into other violent crimes. Please Share for awareness and they will be identified, located, and apprehended within 36 hours, imo. An aware American public is synonymous to a security camera across the US..

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/24646864/fake-cops-strike-again-in-maury-county

Fake Cops In Yellow Camaro Strike Again In Maury County

Posted: Feb 05, 2014 7:22 PM EST
Updated: Mar 13, 2014

And can't a time stamp be altered? Or the time altered before a post is made?

I googled it and you can schedule a post to occur at a certain time. Facebook used to offer this directly. I believe they stopped but there are apps that will still let you do it.

According to what I have head, there is not a way to change the time stamp on facebook posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert