Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have plenty of my own burning questions but I disagree that LE needs to release anything to to clear up any doubts that may exist among the general public. LE's job is not to convince the public at large that they have the right man. Their job is to gather evidence so the DA can convince a jury that they have the right man.

TOTALLY agree! Although it is fun for a lot of people to speculate and try to "solve" the mystery, that isn't what LE is about. They could care less what the general public on the Internet thinks or how much they want to know. Not trying to be rude at all...just stating it like it is.

Does it matter how "close" the sketch is? I mean, isn't the fact that "it's in the same ballpark" good enough? I mean, how close can we expect it to be? I would expect eyes and hairlines to be different, I mean someone is making a sketch from another's memory here...

Not only does it not matter, HS has already identified ZA as being the person who tried to kidnap her. So, this is now a moot point.

TOTALLY agree! Although it is fun for a lot of people to speculate and try to "solve" the mystery, that isn't what LE is about. They could care less what the general public on the Internet thinks or how much they want to know. Not trying to be rude at all...just stating it like it is.

norest4thewicked, anyone in law enforcement or the prosecutor's office that doesn't care or utilize their most valuable investigative resource; the American public, may want to reconsider their profession, imo.. We are living in the age of communication...

One of my favorite quotes is; 'if you run your business today, like you did yesterday, you will not be there tomorrow'..

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/august/new-information-released-in-serial-killer-case

The FBI is asking for the public’s help in its investigation of confessed serial killer Israel Keyes.

Israel Keyes Case line60.jpg

Israel Keyes is believed to have committed multiple kidnappings and murders across the country between 2001 and March 2012. The FBI is seeking assistance in developing more information about his travels to identify additional victims.

Anyone with information concerning Keyes is encouraged to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

I hope you're right, and I hope that Clint is telling the truth about everything that transpired that morning, because if he isn't, a good defense attorney will wipe the floor with him. (Not saying Clint isn't being truthful, mind you. Just a hypothetical.)

Clint will be fine. Honestly, all of his statements have been pretty damn consistent. We have nitpicked them to death here, mainly because we had so little else to do with the lack of information being provided. That made it seem like his story was all over the place, when, in reality, they have all been consistent. At one time, I had dissected each and every one of his statements. Fact by fact. All but I think one of the 100's of facts were either "consistent" or "neither consistent nor inconsistent".

He could actually become a defence witness if the prosecution decides not to put him on the stand. Maybe that would be a better strategy for the prosecution.

Just a thought

Not a chance. I hate to tell ya. But Clint is likely to be the star witness for the prosecution. Sure, there will be investigators who are more polished at giving testimony, but the brother of the deceased, unknown to him watching his sister being led to her death? Yes, he will be a huge witness for the prosecution.

I live in Nashville, TN. Everyone is watching this case pretty closely. I'm glad he is in custody now. After she disappeared, there was a feeling that another woman would be abducted. I really hope that those who thought it was her brother Clint or her family had something to do with it can now see that random attacks happen. The Bobo family has gone through enough. Zachary Adams has a long rap sheet. I just wonder if there are more victims.

'For those who believe, no proof is necessary and for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible', Stuart Chase..

For those who believe or disbelieve what? That quotation is theology, which I believe is not permitted here, but aside from that -- I have no idea how that has any bearing on anything we're discussing here. Is this just another quotation to which we've been subjected multiple times on Websleuths?

Clint did not have anything to do with Holly's disappearance. When you live in the country, you don't think the worse automatically. Zachary Adams posted a pic on Facebook standing in the wood while wearing camouflage that said "Who am I looking for?". Really? I've seen his rap sheet. This abduction was planned. She was stalked and once led through the woods, to a vehicle, she let out a scream, while A. Being shoved in the trunk B. Saw an object that scared her, somehow she was made to be quiet. I read her cell phone was found yards away, with the SIM card out of the phone. This tells me that the person who took her knew modern technology, and had the abduction planned well in advance. She is more than likely close by and on his property somewhere or a well known spot in a remote area. She was stalked. I think it's very possible that he could be connected to other abductions or murders. Although I live about an hour and a half from Parsons, I do not know anyone involved. This is just my opinion. LE probably had him as a potential suspect for sometime, but didn't have enough evidence to prove in a court. I imagine they wanted to get some hard core proof to avoid risking a mistrial or him walking away scott free. I believe that ZA would have went on to abduct more women if he had not been arrested.

norest4thewicked, anyone in law enforcement or the prosecutor's office that doesn't care or utilize their most valuable investigative resource; the American public, may want to reconsider their profession, imo.. We are living in the age of communication...

One of my favorite quotes is; 'if you run your business today, like you did yesterday, you will not be there tomorrow'..

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2013/august/new-information-released-in-serial-killer-case

The FBI is asking for the public’s help in its investigation of confessed serial killer Israel Keyes.

Israel Keyes Case line60.jpg

Israel Keyes is believed to have committed multiple kidnappings and murders across the country between 2001 and March 2012. The FBI is seeking assistance in developing more information about his travels to identify additional victims.

Anyone with information concerning Keyes is encouraged to contact the FBI at 1-800-CALL-FBI.

I just want to clarify my thoughts on this. Obviously, there are times that law enforcement asks for the public's assistance. In fact I believe the TBI has asked for the public's help on Holly's case a few times. And I'm sure the Police are very grateful when they get help in solving a case. After all they want to put monsters away as badly or worse than we do.

However I also believe there are good reasons for information sharing not to be a two way street. Satisfying my curiosity about certain points of a case is part of their job. Also, a lot of people don't want to be involved when a crime has been committed. That's why people often don't call the police. I think people might be even more reluctant to get involved if they think what they said is going to end up on the news just because I just want to know. :)

I just want to clarify my thoughts on this.
However I also believe there are good reasons for information sharing not to be a two way street. Satisfying my curiosity about certain points of a case is part of their job.

Snipped for clarity --

I'm just going to guess that you meant that 'satisfying [your] curiosity about certain points in a case' is in fact *not* the main job of law enforcement'. I could be wrong, but if I'm right we are in total agreement. IMO, LE solves crimes mainly using their own tools, and the public can be one of those tools. But they are not an agency whose responsibility is to share information with the public (especially to please amateur detectives). I think that there are definitely times and situations where LE should share information (to help prevent or avoid future crimes, to find witnesses, etc.), but I do not think that dispersing information is their primary function, nor their most effective tool.

Foxfire:

What does poor Holly's murder have to do with Israel Keyes?

Or fake cops in yellow Camaros??? I'm sure you are trying to share info, BUT this thread is for Holly. :eek:

Sent from my H866C using Tapatalk 2

Not a chance. I hate to tell ya. But Clint is likely to be the star witness for the prosecution. Sure, there will be investigators who are more polished at giving testimony, but the brother of the deceased, unknown to him watching his sister being led to her death? Yes, he will be a huge witness for the prosecution.

Well I hope you're right. Of course I'm just basing my assumption on what's been said in the media and his interviews. We 're not privy to what he told law enforcement.

I doubt he'll be the star witness though. JMO. My feeling is a possible snitch will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo