Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #1 ***ARREST***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Agree, considering the evilness of ZA, it takes courage to come forward.

Do we know if this was a case of someone coming forward, or was it a case of someone who had been giving ZA an alibi who now reneges on it? In some small town cases I've followed I've seen that happen.

My personal guess - and that's all it is - is that no one "came forward" in this case. My belief is that LE had some suspicions, but not hard evidence, and that there were whispers in the community.

I don't think they even had enough to get a warrant to search the Adams property.

I believe the "break" in the HB case came when ZA made the threats against the girl that landed him in jail. My thinking is that something in that event gave them the ability to get a search warrant to get on his property and look around, from which one thing led to another.

Please note that the informant theory is just a theory at this time. Nothing in MSM or from LE to support it as far as I know. :dunno:

My personal guess - and that's all it is - is that no one "came forward" in this case. My belief is that LE had some suspicions, but not hard evidence, and that there were whispers in the community.

I don't think they even had enough to get a warrant to search the Adams property.

I believe the "break" in the HB case came when ZA made the threats against the girl that landed him in jail. My thinking is that something in that event gave them the ability to get a search warrant to get on his property and look around, from which one thing led to another.

I believe you are right. And if you look at his long arrest record which is now common knowledge, the first time out of over 20 arrests this one was by TBI. That was the one resulting in his incarceration for the $1M bond.

And I think we can all agree $1M bond for an assault even shocked MSM at the time. JMO's

II am not sure JA is talking either. The only way he would talk would be if he wasn't involved. An accomplice is no better than ZA and would be under the same laws and penalties. The TBI wants information from others who weren't involved imo so they can bring down everyone who was involved.

IMO

JA very well may not be talking. I'm basing that entirely on the fact that he was moved to another jail, the timing of the case breaking, and that he has apparently found God and is reportedly trying to make amends for his earlier misdeeds.

I'm not trying to start a religious discussion through the back door but if someone with a truly bad past, like JA's, genuinely finds God, making amends can be extremely important to them. If he was involved, or knows something concrete about Holly's demise, it could be weighing on him quite heavily.

Just a thought. :)

Steve, I had not thought of it in that way and you may very well be right. Although, I do still hope that someone's conscience bothered them enough to do the right thing!!

They will not badger him but I will bet my last dollar they will try to trip him up. That's why I posted yesterday that the prosecution better prepare him for what's to come.

They better get the timeline down pat because what's been released in the media makes no sense. And yes before anyone brings up the 911 calls, I know they haven't been released so we don't know for sure.

He did not call 911 per media reports . Karen did. The neighbour did.

Another issue I see the defence harping on.

IMO

Why would he call 911 if he thought it was Drew with Holly? :confused:

The timeline will be substantiated by other evidence other than Clint's words. I don't think there will be anything wrong with the timeline. It is what it is. No matter who reported it when, or didn't, it isn't going to erase the fact that she was kidnapped early that morning and murdered.

Why are you saying 'they BETTER get the timeline down pat?":confused: LOL! Sorry you have confused me by with that statement. Maybe its just me put I sense you think the DA and Clint will somehow get their heads together and make up a timeline that fits. If I am reading it wrong then please forgive me.:blushing:

Imo, the crux of the case isn't the timeline. It will be all the other evidence entered showing that ZA did come there that morning and kidnap and murder Holly. The defense better work on how they are going to refute all that. Whether she was taken at xxxx time or xxxx time, in the end it will be the evidence against him that will have the most value and impact, don't you agree?

I would suspect even the ones who did call way back then cant remember the exact time everything was transpiring since its been three long years ago and it was such a confusing time as it was happening. They may have estimates but to the minute and second I don't think they could exactly recall that. I have no doubt though that all cell phones were willingly turned into LE way back then and they have long had them in their possession.

And the 911 calls that we have never even heard may clear the timeline up in a flash and the times that Clint and Karen made calls. I don't get any impression that LE/DA are scared of the timeline in the case. Of course they know exactly to the minute/second when all of these calls were done and we do not. They knew all of this way before the arrest of ZA.

If the defense is hanging its hat on the timeline of calls then they are desperate to make something out of nothing.

They better be worried about the evidence the TBI/FBI has amassed against their client showing guilt.

imo

JA very well may not be talking. I'm basing that entirely on the fact that he was moved to another jail, the timing of the case breaking, and that he has apparently found God and is reportedly trying to make amends for his earlier misdeeds.

I'm not trying to start a religious discussion through the back door but if someone with a truly bad past, like JA's, genuinely finds God, making amends can be extremely important to them. If he was involved, or knows something concrete about Holly's demise, it could be weighing on him quite heavily.

Just a thought. :)

I really wish that was true.

But JA is well versed of how it goes in prison. Sadly he too is an habitual criminal. Snitches are seen as the scum of the earth to prison inmates. He knows if he snitches he might as well plead guilty to the death penalty. At least on death row he would be in isolation. In GP he knows he becomes a target.

I don't think any of ZAs buds are talking but I do believe others in the community that knows something are now talking with LE.

IMO

I believe you are right. And if you look at his long arrest record which is now common knowledge, the first time out of over 20 arrests this one was by TBI. That was the one resulting in his incarceration for the $1M bond.

And I think we can all agree $1M bond for an assault even shocked MSM at the time. JMO's

I knew then when they increased his bond from 250K to 1 Million something big was happening behind the scene.

IMO

ITA!

I don't think it was a coincidence that it happened like it did. They knew something when he threatened his girlfriend's sister with a gun and a knife, imo.

Now wouldn't it be something if during that case they obtained a SW and confiscated the gun and knife he used in the threat and they still had evidence on them of Holly's?

For instance if he shot Holly at very close range in the head. (sorry it pains me to even write that):( I just don't see this drugged out meth head cleaning his weapons well or at all. There may have been blowback from Holly and DNA still on the gun or knife or both. Even if he did half way try to clean them it is very hard to get into every crack or seam.

I have watched criminal shows on A&E and years later they would finally recover a weapon in another case and it still had the DNA on it from the victim who was murdered years ago. One still had DNA of the victim up inside of the barrel because it was a close range shot.

And ZAs was a convicted felon so I think he would have kept the weapons he had at the time even though they were illegal. He isn't a law abiding guy anyway. lol

Just speculating of course.

ITA!

I don't think it was a coincidence that it happened like it did. They knew something when he threatened his girlfriend's sister with a gun and a knife, imo.

Now wouldn't it be something if during that case they obtained a SW and confiscated the gun and knife he used in the threat and they still had evidence on them of Holly's?

For instance if he shot Holly at very close range in the head. (sorry it pains me to even write that):( I just don't see this drugged out meth head cleaning his weapons well or at all. There may have been blowback from Holly and DNA still on the gun or knife or both. Even if he did half way try to clean them it is very hard to get into every crack or seam.

I have watched criminal shows on A&E and years later they would finally recover a weapon in another case and it still had the DNA on it from the victim who was murdered years ago. One still had DNA of the victim up inside of the barrel because it was a close range shot.

And ZAs was a convicted felon so I think he would have kept the weapons he had at the time even though they were illegal. He isn't a law abiding guy anyway. lol

Just speculating of course.

I could see either the sister or the girlfriend getting to their wits end over that and just telling LE so that neither of them are threatened again.

They may have had enough of ZA.

And I can also see where that other person in jail may have changed their ways. If a person really turns their life around then sometimes they dont even need a reduced sentence to do the right thing. Or a reduced sentence may have helped sway their deicision.

Or BOTH. Perhaps one of the girls decided they had enough and then the info one of them gave was enough to talk to someone in prison who happened to be able to cooberate their story and is trying to change their ways.

It can something like that or even someone else not yet identified. One thing I do feel certain of. I do believe someone came forward with information that helped restart this case.

The reason being is this case sat so long with nothing new and something trigerred the new information. I think that something is a person providing additional information.

Another point the pros have to work on with Clint is the scream. The neighbour heard the scream but Clint did not. Perp had 20 minutes with Holly from the the scream to when Clint woke up. 7:39 Facebook post by ZA gives him a potential alibi (if post was made from home).

Mom tells him to shoot. It's not Drew. Clint does not. Defence: why didn't you shoot? Your mom said it wasn't the boyfriend. Etc

Playing devils advocate here. This is in an effort and hope the prosecution prepares him to answer some of the tough questions.

The neighbor was outside where sound is much easier to hear than in an enclosed space. I think everyone is fully aware of that by their own personal life experiences.

The scream most likely occured when she was being led into the woods and at that time she would be closer to the neighbor's place than to her own home.

I have no doubt the DA will be prepared. This is a seasoned DA and this isn't his first rodeo with defense attorneys.

Clint says clearly why he didn't shoot. He still thought it was Drew when he told her "You want me to shoot Drew????' and Clint would never shoot Holly's boyfriend.

I could see either the sister or the girlfriend getting to their wits end over that and just telling LE so that neither of them are threatened again.

They may have had enough of ZA.

And I can also see where that other person in jail may have changed their ways. If a person really turns their life around then sometimes they dont even need a reduced sentence to do the right thing. Or a reduced sentence may have helped sway their deicision.

Or BOTH. Perhaps one of the girls decided they had enough and then the info one of them gave was enough to talk to someone in prison who happened to be able to cooberate their story and is trying to change their ways.

It can something like that or even someone else not yet identified. One thing I do feel certain of. I do believe someone came forward with information that helped restart this case.

The reason being is this case sat so long with nothing new and something trigerred the new information. I think that something is a person providing additional information.

I agree with almost all you say.

But I do believe they were investigating ZA for a very long time behind the scene, where it should be of course. In so many other cases we thought LE was at a stand still, and really doing nothing, but it turned out that wasn't the case at all, and all along they had been investigating the suspect for some time.

IMO

The neighbor was outside where sound is much easier to hear than in an enclosed space. I think everyone is fully aware of that by their own personal life experiences.

The scream mostly likely occured when she was being led into the woods and at that time she would be closer to the neighbor's place than to her own home.

I have no doubt the DA will be prepared. This is a seasoned DA and this isn't his first rodeo with defense attorneys.

Clint says clearly why he didn't shoot. He still thought it was Drew when he told her "You want me to shoot Drew????' and Clint would never shoot Holly's boyfriend.

JMO
Whoever was here from the very beginning probably remember all the inconsistencies and very early TV interviews and newspaper interviews. There was so much confusion and contradiction on what exactly happened, it does cause a lot of concern with how the defense may be able to use some of the inconsistencies.

I have no doubt the prosecution will prepare any witnesses as they should. It will be needed.

For example, If I remember right I dont believe a gun was even mentioned for quite awhile. Things like that will no doubt be brought up.

The changing height + weight is one thing most concerning to me that a defense attorney could possibly exploit.

I do have confidence in LE having plenty of evidence to convict. It will probably just end up being noise from the defense.

JA has a parole hearing set for 3/25/2014 for a sentence that began 11/14/2013. Interesting. JMO

Why would he call 911 if he thought it was Drew with Holly? :confused:

The timeline will be substantiated by other evidence other than Clint's words. I don't think there will be anything wrong with the timeline. It is what it is. No matter who reported it when, or didn't, it isn't going to erase the fact that she was kidnapped early that morning and murdered.

Why are you saying 'they BETTER get the timeline down pat?":confused: LOL! Sorry you have confused me by with that statement. Maybe its just me put I sense you think the DA and Clint will somehow get their heads together and make up a timeline that fits. If I am reading it wrong then please forgive me.:blushing:

Imo, the crux of the case isn't the timeline. It will be all the other evidence entered showing that ZA did come there that morning and kidnap and murder Holly. The defense better work on how they are going to refute all that. Whether she was taken at xxxx time or xxxx time, in the end it will be the evidence against him that will have the most value and impact, don't you agree?

I would suspect even the ones who did call way back then cant remember the exact time everything was transpiring since its been three long years ago and it was such a confusing time as it was happening. They may have estimates but to the minute and second I don't think they could exactly recall that. I have no doubt though that all cell phones were willingly turned into LE way back then and they have long had them in their possession.

And the 911 calls that we have never even heard may clear the timeline up in a flash and the times that Clint and Karen made calls. I don't get any impression that LE/DA are scared of the timeline in the case. Of course they know exactly to the minute/second when all of these calls were done and we do not. They knew all of this way before the arrest of ZA.

If the defense is hanging its hat on the timeline of calls then they are desperate to make something out of nothing.

They better be worried about the evidence the TBI/FBI has amassed against their client showing guilt.

imo

You would have to put your defence attorney hat on and use the media reports from early on in order to understand why I feel Clint needs prep work before he takes the stand. I will not post them even though some have already been brought up. He's a victim but also the only eye witness to the abduction. Again I realize we don't have all the information so my speculations are based on what we have seen or heard from the media and the family the last 3 years.

Also, we have to remember that the jurors aren't or shouldn't have followed this case so when they hear testimony it will be the first time.

JMO
Whoever was here from the very beginning probably remember all the inconsistencies and very early TV interviews and newspaper interviews. There was so much confusion and contradiction on what exactly happened, it does cause a lot of concern with how the defense may be able to use some of the inconsistencies.

I have no doubt the prosecution will prepare any witnesses as they should. It will be needed.

For example, If I remember right I dont believe a gun was even mentioned for quite awhile. Things like that will no doubt be brought up.

The changing height + weight is one thing most concerning to me that a defense attorney could possibly exploit.

I do have confidence in LE having plenty of evidence to convict. It will probably just end up being noise from the defense.

Exactly. They will use the gun as an example that Clint didn't feel Holly was in danger and that she willingly went with someone she knew,etc etc etc Not his/her client.

i remember when this case first happened (i live in tn) a couple hours from where holly was taken so its been pretty relevant in my area... and i do remember being very confused by the order in which the calls ect took place.. im sure this is mostly due to the media here sometimes i am not sure they investigate thing fully before they start reporting but i am glad that they finally have someone in custody and i am pretty sure that more answers will come along with that.

Another point the pros have to work on with Clint is the scream. The neighbour heard the scream but Clint did not. Perp had 20 minutes with Holly from the the scream to when Clint woke up. 7:39 Facebook post by ZA gives him a potential alibi (if post was made from home).

Mom tells him to shoot. It's not Drew. Clint does not. Defence: why didn't you shoot? Your mom said it wasn't the boyfriend. Etc

Playing devils advocate here. This is in an effort and hope the prosecution prepares him to answer some of the tough questions.

I dont think that 20 minute estimate is anywhere near correct. All of the time lines are just GUESStimates not absolute fact. I noticed 3 different time lines had Holly on the phone with 3 different people all at exactly the same time. If Holly really made all 3 of those calls they couldn't have been at the same time, and all 3 projected timelines could be wrong.

Many cases are tried without ANY witnesses. Same with bodies.

as far as the deff attorney badgering clint i guess it depends on their personal style... i had to testify against my ex awhile back for assulting me and the da told me ahead of time that the guys was going to be a jerk and all he was trying to do was to get me upset to show to either show i had a temper or to try to find inconsistencies in my story... luckily when i had to get up there he wasnt nearly as bad as i expected and it all worked out in my favor but my point is there is no way to know what the attorney is going to try to pull while clint or anyone is on the stand i agree 100% it dosent look good in front of a jury but who know what their angle is ya know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay