Holly Bobo, missing from TN 2014 discussion #2 ***ARREST***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holly Bobo's family joins plea to change murder trial rules

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -
The family of Holly Bobo and many other families of crime victims faced disappointment on Tennessee's Capitol Hill Wednesday after an emotional committee hearing.

Bobo's family and other loved ones of crime victims came together to support a bill would make a major change to murder trials.

The bill, if passed, would admit pictures as evidence at murder trials.

Bobo's mother Karen told News 2 why it was important for her to be there on Wednesday rallying for the cause.

read more .............. http://www.wkrn.com/story/25022048/holly-bobos-family-rallies-for-vicitms-rights-bill

'Just thinking out loud here 'cause I've never worn camo myself, but I think that a predator would find that camo is a great "excuse" for having a victims blood on you. They could chalk it up to killing a dear, turkey, etc, etc but who would even bother to ask them, iykwim?

....and no one would be suspicious, really. Right?

I would think another advantage would be that it shields a defined, precise description of a predator's weight and build since camo isn't exactly form-fitting.

Camo gear depersonalizes the description of a predator 'cause it acts just like a uniform does---our eyes will "generalize" the description when reporting it to the authorities if need be.

:twocents:

Two questions:

1) What is a status hearing? This is what is scheduled for April 9th, I believe. I'm just not familiar with that term.

2) This may be a little premature since the trial will be a while away, but I just wanted to put it out there that any WSers who would maybe like to keep in touch and think of meeting up and attending the trial together are welcome to contact me. I live out of state but would like to go when the time comes around and would love to see some of you face to face if you'll be there.

"tall, skinny man in a gray hooded jacket grabbed her arm as she stepped out of her home early in the morning"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/is-holly-bobo-abduction-linked-to-other-kidnapping-attempt/

Thank you! :seeya:

ZA might have considered it important or meaningful, but then again he didn't really need the camo to hide in the woods because the woods are so thick, and he showed himself out in the open anyway.

Everybody wears Camo in Tennessee, and really in most rural states all over the country. Many young people wear it just to be trendy or to look like everyone else, whether they hunt or not. For one thing, it's warm and waterproof. And it's sold in every discount store and even hardware stores in large quantities, and goes on sale in January after Christmas at low-low prices. So lots of people wear camo and that's all it means. :twocents:

ZA might have considered it important or meaningful, but then again he didn't really need the camo to hide in the woods because the woods are so thick, and he showed himself out in the open anyway.

Everybody wears Camo in Tennessee, and really in most rural states all over the country. Many young people wear it just to be trendy or to look like everyone else, whether they hunt or not. For one thing, it's warm and waterproof. And it's sold in every discount store and even hardware stores in large quantities, and goes on sale in January after Christmas at low-low prices. So lots of people wear camo and that's all it means. :twocents:

When I lived in rural upstate NY, the hs kids incorporated camo into their prom outfits!! ITA that wearing camo is just a trendy thing these days. :D

When I lived in rural upstate NY, the hs kids incorporated camo into their prom outfits!! ITA that wearing camo is just a trendy thing these days. :D

My wife's whole family is from rural upstate NY, my sister in law to be has camo in her wedding dress, and they are being brought in by fourwheeler and getting married in the back yard.

Very common in rural communities. Also, EVERY young person knows the layout of the woods. That's where they play, party, and take shortcuts to see eachother. Just part of rural communities.

Good Morning,

I don't know how to start a thread...if someone would like to help me...but yesterday, the great niece of Johnny Cash, was killed here where I live. They have who did it....they are not releasing to much info...

here is the link:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/25019393/homicide-investigation-underway-in-putnam-county

Please pray for this family and friends, there is other information that is not in MSM yet so I can't say anymore...

Good Morning,

I don't know how to start a thread...if someone would like to help me...but yesterday, the great niece of Johnny Cash, was killed here where I live. They have who did it....they are not releasing to much info...

here is the link:
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/25019393/homicide-investigation-underway-in-putnam-county

Please pray for this family and friends, there is other information that is not in MSM yet so I can't say anymore...

Lyric, I think this would go in "Crimes in the News"

Do you want me to start a thread for you?

So sad. And she had children

Lyric, I think this would go in "Crimes in the News"

Do you want me to start a thread for you?

So sad. And she had children

Thank You...They are just releasing information and I have already found some things on this man, if in fact it's the same person.
She has one child..didn't want to post that pic that is in the news, because of that.
It is so very sad, so sad.

To be blunt remains are remains. They either are someone specific or they are not. Not sure why people think there is some sort of cover up or LE is hiding things or whatever. LE/forensic agencies have been IDing bodies for decades. This is nothing new. Yes it can be difficult, but it can also just be good old school science.

And there can be evidence of death without a body or remains. So, you can prove a murder without a body. Again there are years of legal precedent for this.

We will just have to wait and see what evidence has been uncovered (or not). I am confident it is fairly strong and incriminating since murder charges were handed down based on what was discovered.

Totally agree with this post. Camo is very popular in the south whether hunting or not. Backpacks, lunchboxes...anything that you can find a pattern on...you can find camo. Duck Dynasty really propelled camo to be popular beyond hunting, and they have been around for several years.

Totally agree with this post. Camo is very popular in the south whether hunting or not. Backpacks, lunchboxes...anything that you can find a pattern on...you can find camo. Duck Dynasty really propelled camo to be popular beyond hunting, and they have been around for several years.

I bought my husband some camo-flashlights for Christmas. He doesn't hunt and we would never have guns. It's everywhere - it's like a trend on Pinterest. :) In it's own way, it's artistic, if you've ever seen Mossy Oak. It's kind of beautiful if you love the woods, so I can understand the whole prom dress thing.

My son used to go out hunting with friends sometimes. He had a coat, a vest, and some camo warm-up pants that I got on sale. Later I bought him some camo-jeans but he never wore them, and then he never went hunting again.

So I read through all those posts, and he was specifically mentioned by numerious posters as having done it as early as oct 2012. Amazing.

What is Summer study?

That really sucks. Is TN the only State that doesn't allow pictures of the victim at trial? Why would it be unconstitutional in one state and not the others?

I think they should plaster Holly's picture everywhere they can including outside the courthouse when the trial starts.

So I read through all those posts, and he was specifically mentioned by numerious posters as having done it as early as oct 2012. Amazing.

????

Who / what are you referring to?

What is Summer study?

That really sucks. Is TN the only State that doesn't allow pictures of the victim at trial? Why would it be unconstitutional in one state and not the others?

I think they should plaster Holly's picture everywhere they can including outside the courthouse when the trial starts.

I never encountered that before - not showing the victim in court. In a way I can sort of understand the rationale behind it. The court should be a neutral playing field and one side or another should not have any advantage (or disadvantage) as to how they look. Having said that, the victim can't be there themself. for better or worse, the defendant can shave, cut his hair, wear a nice suit, say yes sir and no your honor...

We had a somewhat related situation here were a guy was accused of a hate crime killing. The defendant was an ardent neo nazi with all kinds of nazi tattoos all over his face, including a big Manson-esque swastika on his forehead. Taxpayers had to pay thousands of dollars to get professional make up artists to cover up all that stuff in court every day while the trial was going on because it was argued that the swastikas would bias the jury. He was still, IIRC, easily convicted and sentenced...

ZA is specially mentioned as having "done it" as of October 2012 on that thread.

What thread are you referring to??? Is it here on WS or somewhere else??? I am just curious and want to read all I can about this case. Thanx. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member