How Are You Going To Watch Trial ? Live Feed & Smart Phone Info

Aloha :)

CourtTV is now known as truTV and the program is called InSession.

My sister lives in Honolulu. When on the phone with her the other day, we both tuned-in to truTV but her feed was entirely different from mine. Court was not in-session at the time (after 12 pm Pacific). A similar thing happened here in Santa Barbara with a friend but during court. I was watching live but she was seeing reruns of jury selection. Both sis and friend are on cable TV while I am on satellite.

HLN reports that it will be telecasting Tuesday's court session, live.

Howdy neighbor! I'm in Ventura County.

I have to take my granddaughter to a Drs. appt. Tuesday morning. No way to reschedule. Do you know if there will be video posted online somewhere that I can watch later?

WFTV is real good about posting the videos, so you should have no problems there.

I'm not up-to-date with technology! I have a desktop computer that's located in a bedroom turned home office. Hubby has his desk in here and I have my computer desk, printers, etc. A couple of years ago I bought a small 13-inch tv for the office. So I can be online with the tv about 5 feet from the computer.

I will be online with one of the online streaming links - my favorite here in my post, will be on WS, and will have the TV on either HLN or Tru-TV.

The only issue I have is that my computer is older and has only 1 gig of memory. When my anti-virus (Avira) kicks in for it's daily scan at noon here on the west coast (3:00 in Orlando) my computer is slow going from one page of a WS thread to another or in posting to a thread. My preferred browser is FireFox, but I'm told it's a resource hog, so I'm going to see what happens if I switch to IE when my anti-virus is running tomorrow and see if that helps.

Yes, I know, I need to update and I'm planning on doing so very soon. It's been so long since I've shopped for a new computer, I don't know what to look for. Do I want another desktop or a laptop? I'm intrigued by the IPad, but don't know enough about them. Does an IPad replace a computer?

Howdy neighbor! I'm in Ventura County.

Hi backatcha, neighbor! I've always noticed your posts and your name as well, since I knew a Leila when I was a little girl living in the L.A. area wayback. She pronounced her name as LEElah, and was the only person I ever knew by your name until 'meeting' you here. :)

I've been reading your recent posts about keeping both the forum and live court action visible as in side-by-side. One of the easiest ways to do this is to have your browser (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, w/e) resized and shoved to the far left of your display...then drag the video window to the far right. Move and resize each until they fill your screen as much as you can. The only windows/apps you might have open at the time can be minimized to the taskbar or closed entirely if not essential.

hth! Describing computery things in words is like trying to teach someone over the phone how to make a bed with nurse's corners on the bottom sheet. ;->

ETA: Just read your next post. I am a full-on, old timey nerdette and I'd be glad to help you to the extent I can with your tech issues plus advice on a new PC. Until then, tell Avira to run a scan at a more convenient hour for you...say, 3 ayem.

I personally work where no internet is acessable. So I contacted Sirius Radio to see if They are XM will be carrying the trial... No answer. and they do not carry Tru TV anymore. Only HLN or CNN. But I can't imagine HLN carrying whole trial. So Then I called Verizon.. For $20 dollars a month we can get a mobile Hot spot on our Cell phones (smart phone) plan for 2 gigs of streaming media a month to use our laptops to connect to one of Florida's Media TV stations who will be carrying it. So that's what I did. My mobile hot spot will be activated on May 5th...
Does anyone eles have any ideas for the working person besides DVR? (which I have also)

Well done--very smart.

Well...
I will be watching every single thing that I can.
The Soldier is "away"
The dogs can be self sufficient when I feed and water them and leave the doggie door open.
I will have ooodles of diet coke stocked in my fridge.
I cooked a huge roast (that last time I cook this thing...it lasted about a week)
I was gonna try to quit smoking but I have decided that I can wait until at least this week is over to even begin to try. Thus said, I have cigs here.
I dont post much but I read here every single day...and will continue to have my browser open to WS and whatever else I feel is the best.
And of course the tv on.

I am SO ready for this to start and then be finished.
I am SO ready for justice.

Excellent plan.

Hi backatcha, neighbor! I've always noticed your posts and your name as well, since I knew a Leila when I was a little girl living in the L.A. area wayback. She pronounced her name as LEElah, and was the only person I ever knew by your name until 'meeting' you here. :)

I've been reading your recent posts about keeping both the forum and live court action visible as in side-by-side. One of the easiest ways to do this is to have your browser (IE, FF, Chrome, Safari, w/e) resized and shoved to the far left of your display...then drag the video window to the far right. Move and resize each until they fill your screen as much as you can. The only windows/apps you might have open at the time can be minimized to the taskbar or closed entirely if not essential.

hth! Describing computery things in words is like trying to teach someone over the phone how to make a bed with nurse's corners on the bottom sheet. ;->

ETA: Just read your next post. I am a full-on, old timey nerdette and I'd be glad to help you to the extent I can with your tech issues plus advice on a new PC. Until then, tell Avira to run a scan at a more convenient hour for you...say, 3 ayem.

Thanks Shana! LOL...........you explained it well....I understand about re-sizing and dragging the video window and the WS forum. Will try to reschedule the Avira scan. I will definitely be asking some questions about new computers. :)

I will probably watch the trial on one of the Orlando links or cnn/live, whichever works best each day for me. I usually keep IS on in the background on the TV, muted, to listen during court breaks. And of course WS threads will be open on my laptop too. I have to keep the IS on, as my laptop is a bit heavy and sometimes I need to get it off my lap for a little bit and rearrange my poorly functioning body parts.

For sustanence, coffee first hour or two, then switch to iced tea; pistachios or red licorice for my snacks, my ration of cigarettes ( :( I too plan to quit, but will have to be after the trial, I think) and that should do it.

I am so disappointed though; was away for 2 days and did not get the memo that opening statements aren't until Tuesday, until tonight.

I can't believe what I did today. I always listen with headphones so I can hear very clearly. But obviously sitting all day isn't going to bode well for my diabetes or my butt! So I sent DH to Best Buy today to buy me a new set of speakers :) I'll have it running in my bedroom and living room when I'm home. I promised myself to use my arm and ankle weights if I find myself sitting too long :)

Oh, the things I'm planning for this case -- color me crazy!

MOO

Mel

ok stupid question...opening statements are tomorrow, not today? I thought the trial started today.

ok stupid question...opening statements are tomorrow, not today? I thought the trial started today.

TUESDAY :) Today is get the house clean, pre-make some meals for the week, and finish the laundry day! Oh, and DS is home sick with a cold/sore throat, which I feel coming on too. Blech!

Mel

So did I :(
But apparently the judge gave them an extra day, for jurors to get settled (after the breakneck pace for the past two weeks, I am a little shocked.)

That is correct. Opening Statements will be tomorrow - Tuesday, May24th - 9:00 AM!

:great::great::great::great:

well crap. I could have had it streaming from work today. But I'll definitely have to miss opening statements tomorrow!

Someone mentioned that I wouldn't be able to stream to my iPhone, because I don't have Flash Player. Does anyone know of a way I could at least get audio on my iPhone? I would be okay if I could at least hear it.

I'll get to watch it up till 1pm est. Then, i'll have to recap at night.:banghead:

I have tomorrow off! Other than that, I will have to read what my fellow WS'ers post during my lunch and breaks.

The good news: The opening statements are going to be on my birthday. :woohoo: :partyguy:
More good news: I'm going to the beach until Wednesday. :sunshine:
The bad news: No internet at the beach :noooo: :pullhair:
I'll have to catch up when I get back. :silly:

Someone mentioned that I wouldn't be able to stream to my iPhone, because I don't have Flash Player. Does anyone know of a way I could at least get audio on my iPhone? I would be okay if I could at least hear it.

Skyfire is a $2.99 app that wonderful WS'rs directed me to. It is a workaround for no flash player. I have it working great on my iPad. Believe it works on the iPhone too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back