How Are You Going To Watch Trial ? Live Feed & Smart Phone Info

You are using the iPad, right???? And you installed the Skyfire app for the iPad?????

On the Skyfire's browser, under the address bar, there are six icons. The far right one, it looks like a cog wheel, this is the settings button. Make sure the "load page" is set to iPad. You can also open the see more settings and there is a FAQ link which helped me figure out my errors I was making.

ETA:

Depending on your network provider and your download speeds, Skyfire may not be able to buffer the streaming video fast enough to convert it. Just a thought.
Thank you so much, I had it set to mute and I didn't know it because I had sound just not on sky fire. Thank you for helping me out.

Thank you so much, I had it set to mute and I didn't know it because I had sound just not on sky fire. Thank you for helping me out.
You're very welcome. I just got home and during my travels today I was able to hear most of the afternoon portion of the trial on my iPhone using 3G. I was pleasantly surprised of the low data usage. Driving down the road I could listen clearly. I wasn't concerned about not viewing it, just being able to listen was all I needed.

One thing I did notice was WDBO kept timing out on me while it was on my IPad. While I was getting ready to leave, I just carried my iPad around. Good thing no one was here or else they would have had me committed. Putting on my make up, getting dressed, brushing my teeth, feeding the dogs ... my iPad went with me. Now how obsessive is that!

Did you select North America from the drop down menu, then Florida, then Orlando? Once you've done that, then just scroll down until you get to WDBO. I'm sorry if you did all that and you still can't get it.

Another thing I did was download firefox home and synced it...playing flash video's great right now...can't wait to try it out on live streaming.

I have tune in radio on my Iphone 3GS and I love it. I just went to that channel and it comes in great. Thanks so much, and I don't even have the Pro version. I'm in Niagara Falls Ontario Canada, too.

Thanks for the skyfire tip! All over that one :)

I've been using the Skyfire, too. Unfortunately my Android service is extremely slow. I was out to lunch today and I could not get it to come in. But I like to tune in to it while I am driving so I can still hear what is going on.

I open skyfire, search wftv (Casey Anthony Case), click the red bar at the top to watch trial live then press play.

It just keeps saying "Cannot load the page." I just paid for it and downloaded it a few hours ago, and I canNOT get it to load. I have a Iphone 3GS. Can someone give me some clues as to what I'm not doing?

Thanks, guys...

Jovin

It just keeps saying "Cannot load the page." I just paid for it and downloaded it a few hours ago, and I canNOT get it to load. I have a Iphone 3GS. Can someone give me some clues as to what I'm not doing?

Thanks, guys...

Jovin

Hi there, I'm gonna direct you over to this thread and you will find your answers here, the last 10 or so posts will help you.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133965"]How Are You Going To Watch Trial ?Live Feed Info - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Hi there, I'm gonna direct you over to this thread and you will find your answers here, the last 10 or so posts will help you.

How Are You Going To Watch Trial ?Live Feed Info - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks, I did go over there a couple of times and couldn't get an answer, but will try again. I also looked for the computer help forum that used to be on Websleuths, but I know it was called something else, and I couldn't find that either. I think it's because I've been away too long!:innocent:

Thank you for your reply.
Jovin

YOU'RE AMAZING! Thank you so much for the help. I just rebooted and the skyfire browser is opening now, but I have to call it a night...1:30 am here and I get up early for classes.....taking adult computer classes....and I need them!

Jovin (who's forever in your debt.)

YOU'RE AMAZING! Thank you so much for the help. I just rebooted and the skyfire browser is opening now, but I have to call it a night...1:30 am here and I get up early for classes.....taking adult computer classes....and I need them!

Jovin (who's forever in your debt.)

You're welcome, glad I could help. One should reboot their iPhone or iPad after ever app install. It helps the IOS and makes it stable, technical stuff but important for the user to do each and every time.

Let me know if ya have any issues with Skyfire.

You're welcome, glad I could help. One should reboot their iPhone or iPad after ever app install. It helps the IOS and makes it stable, technical stuff but important for the user to do each and every time.

Let me know if ya have any issues with Skyfire.

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I've tried, and I cannot see the video for the trial on skyfire. It just says it's loading and optimizing the video for my device and connection speed and then it goes to Unable to Play Video...would I like to report it....HELP!

Sorry to bother you guys again, but I've tried, and I cannot see the video for the trial on skyfire. It just says it's loading and optimizing the video for my device and connection speed and then it goes to Unable to Play Video...would I like to report it....HELP!

In trial and error, I found that if I clicked on that box again, it would play the live video. Skyfire is wonky, no doubt about it. It has buffering issues too. If you do not have an excellent connection as well as full signal strength, Skyfire CANNOT buffer the video fast enough for you to view it. Try opening a video that has been enbedded into one of the websites. Like yesterdays video clips and see if you can view it.

I am not sure what update you have on your 3GS, but I would suggest if you don't download it from iTunes. If you do have the latest update, you can go to the Skyfire apps main page. On the screen you will see a row of icons under the address bar. The far right icon (looks like a wheel cog) click that and then look for the more info link. This takes you to the FAQ page which will explain in more detail than I have how to resolve issues. Also you can go directly on your computer to the Skyfire website.

I should add here because I feel some peeps are confused with Skyfire. Only iPhones cannot play flash directly. Androids have the capability to play flash, so there isn't any issues for Androids, or non-iPhones to view videos. Skyfire is an app that actually converts a flash video into a format that our iPhones can read and we can subsequently view. It's also good for non-iPhones as it will not use the amount of data that one would use if they were going directly to any website's page and clicking on the video.

Hope this clears up any confusion for us peeps.

I had gone to the FAQ's but gave up after a short while, but I will try it on my computer this time. Also, I do have the latest update on the software on my Iphone, and I had tried clicking more than once on the video box with no luck. But I'll mull this all over and do some more checking. I just have been so busy lately that my time doing this was frustrating, when I was trying just to see what I could on the trial.

Thank you so much for taking all the time to explain all that you have. it is much appreciated.

Jovin

I had gone to the FAQ's but gave up after a short while, but I will try it on my computer this time. Also, I do have the latest update on the software on my Iphone, and I had tried clicking more than once on the video box with no luck. But I'll mull this all over and do some more checking. I just have been so busy lately that my time doing this was frustrating, when I was trying just to see what I could on the trial.

Thank you so much for taking all the time to explain all that you have. it is much appreciated.

Jovin

Notta problem. I do know how "fustrating" it can be. Just another though, I remember glancing over the system requirements but since I have a current updated I4 I kinda/sorta ignored them. You might want to check them out too. I have FIOS service 35/35 and it is screaming fast. Even running two MBPs, iPad and iPhone4 and then an another I4 and an XBOX 360 live when the grandkids are here playing on it. Never have had an issues with the Internet. Knock on wood.

Notta problem. I do know how "fustrating" it can be. Just another though, I remember glancing over the system requirements but since I have a current updated I4 I kinda/sorta ignored them. You might want to check them out too. I have FIOS service 35/35 and it is screaming fast. Even running two MBPs, iPad and iPhone4 and then an another I4 and an XBOX 360 live when the grandkids are here playing on it. Never have had an issues with the Internet. Knock on wood.

I don't know all those abbreviations, but I do know about the grandkids that have everything. Thankfully they live out of town! I'm just so busy with school, mystery shopping and family obligations right now, and running again in a few minutes, as I've just come home AGAIN, too. I was looking for a fast "fix."

Will try to work on it, and thanks again.
Jovin

ok, I have downloaded the TuneInRadio one for my iphone. Is that florida station wdbo still carrying the trial everyday?

ok, I have downloaded the TuneInRadio one for my iphone. Is that florida station wdbo still carrying the trial everyday?

I'm not sure. Everytime I turn that station on, it's not on. Maybe they're on break or something by coincidence.

If you use an iPad, I would recommend trying iSwifter. You can try it before you buy it, or I think, if you are willing to put up with reloading the page, you might be able to use it for free. I think the free version will play for 10 minutes before timing out. The app costs $2.99 and I've heard it is much better at buffering than Skyfire. It takes a few seconds to load initially, and you certainly can't use it for browsing without losing your mind, but I use it daily for live streaming of the trial and have had no issues. Good luck!

I haven't been able to see any of the trial on my Iphone 3GS...can't get Skyfire to show videos even. Maybe it's me, but I've sure tried hard.

2 laptops and IS on the TV.

It is awful.

I have restricted people from speaking or talking to me unless it is during sidebars and lunch.

I dont think I will get away for the whole 8 weeks. Next time there is a huge trial it needs to be winter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back