Hurricane Harvey - August 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I see auto correct failed me above, I live in northwest NUECES county - northwest corpus christi

well I actually just cooked dinner (inside, on appliances) but one of my bro in laws has his grill fired up and is cooking steaks in his garage (with the door open) we are very very very blowy - rain but not torrents. It will get worse but we are holding our own and as I said with the little north jog we may slide out of that "cone" of greatest concern ( we are just far enough south and just far enough inland)

Is he on his way here with a Sirlion ? If no you will experiance hurricane cariis

marinating a london broil !

We are carnivores and designed for red meat!!

oh o

people just started driving oui gonna get blown over a 65 mph gust moves ya

Cantore concerned people trying to flee on the interstate will be caught by the eye wall.

... if they are leaving now, they are making a grave mistake - we are battened down, now is not the time to move, we just hold on. Most of the folks nearer the coast (we're about 15-20 miles inland) got off the island and the bayfront quite some time ago - my son's in-laws live on this island - they bugged out and and hanging with the kids in their home about a mile away from me. MY HUSBAND JUST WENT OUT TO THE MAIL BOX AGAIN TO CHECK IT!!!!! OH MY GOD!

Plenty of Hijinx going on down here as well - I will post some of it after we get through it! Hey y'all thanks for helping me not lose it here today - I may not have a lot of chances to say that in the next few hours!

We have been glad to have your updates as much as you have been able. Hope to see you here for a lot longer ... sending good vibes your way (but word of warning ... I have never been one to claim good luck)
:hug:

FOR THOSE WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL- Jim Cantore is broadcasting from in front of the Omni hotel on the bayfront - and yeah, its blowing like that but he is bringing the drama ... and its always windy on the seawall

Hijinx are silly things going on - someone gave the other weather channel guy like a meal deal dinner box - there's a few pics out there of the Selena statue (Tejano singer and native daughter here who was murdered so we have a statue of her on the bayfront) in a life jacket - got a few vids of kids cutting up being blown away by the storm but in the long shot its a leaf blower - lots of good humor and trying to cope with humor. It's blowing good right now but with that little northward turn we in my neck of the woods (northwest corpus christi / northwest nieces county) are faring relatively well.

... if they are leaving now, they are making a grave mistake - we are battened down, now is not the time to move, we just hold on. Most of the folks nearer the coast (we're about 15-20 miles inland) got off the island and the bayfront quite some time ago - my son's in-laws live on this island - they bugged out and and hanging with the kids in their home about a mile away from me. MY HUSBAND JUST WENT OUT TO THE MAIL BOX AGAIN TO CHECK IT!!!!! OH MY GOD!

Here you are making me laugh, when we should be doing that for you. Has he not figured out yet that Mail is not coming today?

.... Of course he knows there is no mail - I'm surprised he hasn't fired up the John Deere and tried to mow the lawn! He's just one of those guys that can't let it go (like tornado mower man posted earlier) He's a "man of action" what can I say...

FOR THOSE WATCHING THE WEATHER CHANNEL- Jim Cantore is broadcasting from in front of the Omni hotel on the bayfront - and yeah, its blowing like that but he is bringing the drama ... and its always windy on the seawall

One year we were expecting a blizzard and he was here, in DC... we got next to nothing and it went to NY :lol: The next time a big storm was forecast he skipped us and was in NY... we got close to 2ft :lol:

Per Weather channel, now a cat four---130 mph sustained.

It's Category 4 now, 130 mph winds, corral that husband, BFMD!

[video=twitter;901199931959951360]https://twitter.com/marcfox10/status/901199931959951360[/video]

... just got bumped up to a cat4 - eyewall will impact area just north of corpus christi (lockport seadrift aransas county inland to about beeville). If you see the map on the weather channel - look between the two "37" markers (interstate) see that squiggly line? that's the NUECES river - Im just (barely) south and west of that

[video=twitter;901215547458715648]https://twitter.com/weatheroptics/status/901215547458715648[/video]

there are more people at risk than just Corpus residents - its Rockport and Aransas on up to Port O'Conner that are gonna get hit bad - we will have our moment.

Also if I suddenly go silent, it's because I lost comms - I post back as soon as I can.

Stay safe guys. Don't do something that doesn't need to be done just because. Be still

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member