Hurricane Ike and Topical Storm Hanna

Well, we are in the warning area, now... up into the Bay and up into the Potomac. Last night the news kept saying that upwards of 10 inches of rain would fall on us in the I95 area. I hope they are wrong and were over-exaggerating. Being as Hannah is not as vast and strong as Isabel was, hopefully we can ride this out with the minimum of lost electricity and downed trees. BUT... our sump pump is questionable... :( we are so not really in need of a nature made swimming pool in our basement and cellar.

Now, my J, he has priorities LoL... while I am sitting here worrying over the sump pump, he's in the kitchen worrying over something more important (well, to him LoL): he just said he was leaving for work early... to go buy half-n-half because he is down to a days worth for his coffee... doesn't want to get stuck without it this weekend if the local grocery stores are without power like when Isabel hit. Heaven forbid the man go without his half-n-half for a day or 2...

Good luck to everyone in the path. I'll be thinking of ya and praying.

Most of my and DH's family live on the coast between Charleston and Myrtle Beach, SC - they are all hunkered down and say it's really not so terrible. Prayers for everyone in its path.

Looks like Florida and/or the Gulf is in Ike's sights:

uhaI_2_640x480.gif

Stay safe, everyone.

ETA: Yikes, didn't realize it's a cat 4 now!

Got everyone in my prayers. Stay safe, leave if they say leave!

Jumping Jehosophat! I was so concerned with Gustav I didn't pay much attention to Ike. I no like Ike!

:eek:This storm is really starting to scare me. If it stays on the current path, things will be terrible here on the AL coast. Everyone stay safe:blowkiss:

I'm in VA and so far all we've had is a little rain. It must have slowed down considerably. First they said it would be here late Friday night. Then they changed it to early Saturday morning. Looking at the tracking map it now looks like it won't really pass over us until after noon today.

:confused:

Everything at the oceanfront (VA Beach) was canceled. There was supposed to be a Shriner's convention and parade. The Hampton Bay Days were also canceled. I don't want to have a tropical storm but it's bad when you cancel all those things and then nothing. They've even closed Busch Gardens and Water Country USA.

:eek:This storm is really starting to scare me. If it stays on the current path, things will be terrible here on the AL coast. Everyone stay safe:blowkiss:

I love the Alabama gulf coast, especially Fort Morgan. Stay safe Petresq and all our friends in Florida, Miss and Louisiana.

Maybe we should of named it hurricane Yike!

EEEKKKK for IKE - almost the same path as Gustav isn't it.

It looks like those who left for Gustav might as well take a weeks vacation before they go back.

I dont want it to go anywhere but we all know its not just going away. I just really dont wanna evacuate again it has been horrible for Rita and Gustav. Im sick of hurricanes lol

I really think this one is going in at Mobile, AL. I just have a feeling. I am so freaked b/c I work at a hospital and we are required to go in if it looks like it may come our way and stay in case we are needed to help with patients...I don't want to be away from my family if the weather is dangerous.

Jumping Jehosophat! I was so concerned with Gustav I didn't pay much attention to Ike. I no like Ike!

Ike is horrendous!!! I no like ike either!!! Everyone stay safe!

Here in Eastern Pa, we have MAJOR rain, and multiple transformers are blowing left and right!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back