Hurricane Sandy updates

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
Verified, & worst news I've heard so far: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

pediatric, and neo-natal, intensive care units

OMGosh...I can't even imagine....and where exactly are they going to go with the babies once they get down strair? :waitasec:

This is just horrible...absolutely horrible!

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
Verified, & worst news I've heard so far: NYU hospital generator failed. Personnel manually evacuating PICU & NICU down 9 flights of stairs.

Those who are evacuating the babies and the children - and all of those who are out working this storm as first responders; and every one of those who are helping others - remind me of something POTUS said when he visited Joplin days after the 2011 tornado that killed 161:

"There are heroes all around us all the time."

At 10:30pm Sandy (no longer a hurricane but post tropical) appeared to be in Maryland in Cecil County. The path is still headed for York PA around 2am. *Strongest winds in northern MD will be in the next 2-3 hours. Bel Air this will stay just north, but you should feel it next hour.
One thing I wanted to pass along- Tropical systems have bands of heavy rain and wind with lulls in between. Don't be fooled by any calm.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justin-Berk-Meteorologist/54875673475

There are a couple of people that have my number, and I have their's I will text them when I get home, so you all don't have to worry.

54.8 °F so no ice or snow for now. Saw a wind gust at 30 mph and some rain forecast. Might be wet and windy, drive slow if you go, watch for fallen trees.
Be prepared to stop.

If you must travel... be sure to take along your cell
phone. Wear a warm coat... gloves... and boots. Keep a blanket...
flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.

http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:18101.1.99999

Our weather chick just said Allentown has 80 something mph wind gusts?

BD better be safe.

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews

Those poor people...patients and hospital staff...Lord keep them safe! :please:

Unfortunately I do not have a charger here to charge phone. I meant to bring it but forgot it in my rush to get here today.

Is your phone powered up tho? How far of a drive is it for you?

I'm sick over the NICU and PICU generator failures..
i had preemie twins in the NICU for a long time.... their poor parents must be beside themselves.. a lot probably evacuated thinking their children would be ok in the hospital....

I'm just heartbroken.. prayers with the Dr's and nurses and patients and families :(

There are a couple of people that have my number, and I have their's I will text them when I get home, so you all don't have to worry.

Worry is what we do, BD. We want to know you're safe. Be careful, honey.

Maybe you should stay put.

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
ALERT declared at the Oyster Creek nuclear power plant in New Jersey due to high water level criteria in plant’s water intake structure.

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
MT @MTAInsider: We can confirm that there has been water...into the NYC Subway tunnels under the East River. We cannot confirm a depth.

Has anyone heard how the nuclear plants are holding up???

Anonymous ‏@YourAnonNews
ALERT declared at the Oyster Creek nuclear power plant in New Jersey due to high water level criteria in plant’s water intake structure.

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
MT @MTAInsider: We can confirm that there has been water...into the NYC Subway tunnels under the East River. We cannot confirm a depth.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is beyond a storm. Babies in NICU. A nuclear power plant.

What is happening?

Our weather chick just said Allentown has 80 something mph wind gusts?

BD better be safe.

Maybe a gust, donno. From Lehigh Valley Airport

Light Rain
55°F 13°C
Feels Like 55°F Humidity 88% Barometer 28.50 in./723.9 mm
Dew Point 52°F Wind ENE 44 MPH Gusts 58 MPH
Visibility 3SM

ETA: Forecast for tonight

Tonight: Rain. Strong winds with lows in the mid 40s. Northeast winds 45 to 55 mph...Becoming east 40 to 50 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 80 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.

I have about a quarter of my battery left over. And its a 10 minute drive in GOOD conditions.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is beyond a storm. Babies in NICU. A nuclear power plant.

What is happening?

That ALERT tweeted by Anonymous is unconfirmed as yet by MSM.

Things like Sandy just remind us to keep our priorities straight; and our priorities are one another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back