I think that Misty is terrified of Ronald.

Drugs can numb all kinds of pain, even mental & emotional. This is one of the reasons that I think their drug use spiraled out of control, because they simply didn't want to think about it.

Good point .... in those early days I always thought that Ron was genuinely grieving because he knew he had lost HaLeigh forever (her life) and Misty has a LOT of guilt and pressure to cope with ..... even today.

Need plenty of drugs.

one more thing...I completely respect your opinion & agree that WHO did WHAT & WHERE they put her body is what's most important, but personally, my mind doesn't work like that. I'm more of an emotional person who wonders WHY, & what led these people to this point. Thanks, for listening to what I've had to say.

I totally understand. I've run the gamut of emotions with this case and right now am sooo frustrated at the actions of these key people that were supposed to be trustworthy and caring people to this child.

My ears just perked up. On HLN, they just announced "coming up, the latest on Haleigh Cummings", then broke to the commercials. Got your TV on?

There are many, many battered spouses who do not dare go for treatment at a hospital out of fear that the abuse will become even more violent.

I understand that. I just don't think it is the case in this situation.

In no way am I saying that Ron is a great boyfriend, emotional supportive, and pushing Misty to be the best she can be. I am sure he is a screamer, probably rips up the house, tears her down emotionally.

I do think he is abusive. I just don't think he has beaten her hospital visit or not. This is a drama loving crowd and not one Croslin family member who thinks Misty might need to clear her name has said Ron beats Misty. The fake pregnancy shaking story sounds like more blown out of proportion drama.

I think they are horribly dysfunctional and unhealthy for each other, but I don't see this terror Misty supposedly has of Ron. She seems to be running a large part of the show to me.

Because it didn't affect her. Because "yeah, i'm sad and all that cuz Haleigh's gone, but lookit my shiny ring"

Flat affect. It didn't happen to her, it doesn't involve her.

Compartmentalization.
Take all the ugly stuff and shove it aside.
The parts you are addressing (a wedding, the fight you are having with your boyfriend etc...) becomes the only thing happening in your world.

You can see her completely shut down in some of the interviews where someone else is speaking. Disassociated from the entire experience.

IMO- that is a sign of the earlier abuse she has been through. You don't develop those coping skills overnight. There is a long road that has led Misty to where she is, from being attracted to a man like Ron, to taking the risks she took with those kids, to being in jail right now.

I don't think she is afraid of him honestly.
Her affect is flat at best, maybe dulled by the drugs...

Unfortunately I grew up around the violent men my mother liked to hang around with and the three day binge with another guy, a guy Ron clearly knew about and brought her home anyway.... well that just doesn't seem like the behavior of someone who is terrified of Ron.

I think Ron is all bravado. Misty didn't look like she had been manhandled the first times we saw her following her fling and binge. The assault on Misty's brother was a squirmish, he certainly didn't harm anyone seriously. There are no rumors of him beating WBG for sleeping with his soon to be wife.

Lots of claims about what he is going to do but unless you are a rodent (assuming he didn't use an already dead one) I haven't seen any indication that he is dangerous.

He reeks of insecurity and desperation to me.
And Misty just seems to be a void.

jmo

I totally agree with you. I was involved in a very abusive marriage and two of my aunts ended up in battered wives home. I dont think she is afraid of Ron in the slightest...in fact she doesnt really seem scared of ANYONE.

JMO

Compartmentalization.
Take all the ugly stuff and shove it aside.
The parts you are addressing (a wedding, the fight you are having with your boyfriend etc...) becomes the only thing happening in your world.

You can see her completely shut down in some of the interviews where someone else is speaking. Disassociated from the entire experience.

IMO- that is a sign of the earlier abuse she has been through. You don't develop those coping skills overnight. There is a long road that has led Misty to where she is, from being attracted to a man like Ron, to taking the risks she took with those kids, to being in jail right now.

In all honesty i think she had problems WAY before she met Ron

JMO

Because it didn't affect her. Because "yeah, i'm sad and all that cuz Haleigh's gone, but lookit my shiny ring"

Flat affect. It didn't happen to her, it doesn't involve her.

Exactly. She also had a place she could call home, a husband, dreamed of having her own children and Ron probably threw a $20 bill at her every now and then and told her to buy herself something pretty.

This girl had nothing before she met RC. To Misty, I'm sure she felt secure in some sad way.

I'm not sure the word "terrified of Ron" describes Misty as much as "buffaloed by Ron" describes her. As for the tattoo, he's got her back or he's watching her back and she knows it. I'm sure he's already told her he will claim to have other girlfriends, he will, at times, say things to implicate that she knows something about Haleigh, but hey, that's just all talk to throw everyone off. She's accepted this part of their pact. Hey, so far it's worked for them.

I wonder if Misty admitted what she knows, as long as she did no more than be negligent by leaving the kids alone, if she could serve her sentence and get into witness protection, if she really fears for her life from Ron and friends and family? Assuming she did not have a hand in Haleigh's death or cover-up, in other words, if she was simply gone and came back to find child gone? Of course this could all only work if Haleigh were eventually found or someone else confessed or implicated...

I wonder if Misty admitted what she knows, as long as she did no more than be negligent by leaving the kids alone, if she could serve her sentence and get into witness protection, if she really fears for her life from Ron and friends and family? Assuming she did not have a hand in Haleigh's death or cover-up, in other words, if she was simply gone and came back to find child gone? Of course this could all only work if Haleigh were eventually found or someone else confessed or implicated...

As long as Misty did not beat, drown or lay a hand on Haleigh, I think she could get out of all of it with a lot of fancy footwork and wheeling and dealing by her attorney. She'd have to come completely clean though. OMO

Oh I most certainly think (if she knows anything or is responsible) she is afraid of the death penalty. I know that the KC case is OT but look how she started to show emotions when thae DP was put on the table.... I will go on to say I have no idea who is responsible in the Haleigh case but I sure hope there are answers soon. I am on not on the side of RC MC TN CS or anyone except for Haleigh Bug.

One thing's for sure: Misty is getting quite piqued that others are talking about her. She's fixin' to set the record straight and "stand up for herself." YOU GO, GIRL!

(p.s., it would be very nice if you could stand up for Haleigh, too. kthxbi)

I understand that. I just don't think it is the case in this situation.

In no way am I saying that Ron is a great boyfriend, emotional supportive, and pushing Misty to be the best she can be. I am sure he is a screamer, probably rips up the house, tears her down emotionally.

I do think he is abusive. I just don't think he has beaten her hospital visit or not. This is a drama loving crowd and not one Croslin family member who thinks Misty might need to clear her name has said Ron beats Misty. The fake pregnancy shaking story sounds like more blown out of proportion drama.

I think they are horribly dysfunctional and unhealthy for each other, but I don't see this terror Misty supposedly has of Ron. She seems to be running a large part of the show to me.

I think I missed something way back, why do you say fake pregnance? How do we know she wasn't pregnant, it doesn't quite add up that she would say, I'm pregnant when she wasn't. Knowing that her beloved wouldn't be happy. Look what happened the week before Haleigh went missing. It began with this pregnancy, real or not. Why would Misty say this if she didn't think she was?

I think I missed something way back, why do you say fake pregnance? How do we know she wasn't pregnant, it doesn't quite add up that she would say, I'm pregnant when she wasn't. Knowing that her beloved wouldn't be happy. Look what happened the week before Haleigh went missing. It began with this pregnancy, real or not. Why would Misty say this if she didn't think she was?

because NayNay said Misty took her sister-in-law's pregnancy test, meaning she stole the USED test and said that it was hers. She would do this because it's one of the oldest tricks in the book to keep a man around.

because NayNay said Misty took her sister-in-law's pregnancy test, meaning she stole the USED test and said that it was hers. She would do this because it's one of the oldest tricks in the book to keep a man around.

Which sister in law? Timmy's wife? Did she have a baby this past fall?

I think Misty wanted children, why a 17 yr. old would want even more responsibility, well I really don't understand but could have this been motive?

I think Misty wanted children, why a 17 yr. old would want even more responsibility, well I really don't understand but could have this been motive?

for faking a pregnancy or killing Haleigh? I'm not sure which you mean.

Chelsea is the one who had the baby recently. I doubt very sincerely that Misty wanted a baby for any other reason than that she thought it would make Ron love her forever. I frankly see her as jealous of Haleigh and her position in her father's life.

Misty is a stupid stupid girl. But nothing I've ever seen suggests to me that she's afraid of Ron. She could be so inured to the abusive language that it doesn't phase her as it does most of us, and I've never seen evidence of any physical abuse, though there are plenty of statements to that fact. She keeps coming back to him. If someone wants to say that's out of fear of what he'd do to her if she didn't, I can accept that.

But in Misty's head, she'll put it down to Ronald really loving her. That's all she cares about anyway. Doesn't matter if he has other girls. She knows he'll be back.

I really haven’t considered this seriously, that Misty was trying to snag Ronald any way she could. IMO she is way off the mark so often because she was using drugs, probably every day. Now that she is finally off of the drugs maybe we will start to see more of the real Misty. I seriously doubt that Misty was addicted to drugs until she “hooked up” with Ronald. Because of her age and lack of formal education along with the fact that I really think Ron was just using her as a free babysitter and for other purposes, well I’m willing to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Perhaps we are thinking the marriage was a reward for Misty keeping quiet about what she knows about Haleigh. The face that she could have been pregnant would have been reason for TN to say, “Marry this girl, Ron, before you wind up in jail”.

I do agree with you, I think it would have been very hard for Misty to not be jealous of Haleigh. Especially after Ron made it so clear that he didn’t want a child with her. What a really dumb man, then to ask her to continue to babysit – must have been some great drugs.

for faking a pregnancy or killing Haleigh? I'm not sure which you mean.

Chelsea is the one who had the baby recently. I doubt very sincerely that Misty wanted a baby for any other reason than that she thought it would make Ron love her forever. I frankly see her as jealous of Haleigh and her position in her father's life.

Misty is a stupid stupid girl. But nothing I've ever seen suggests to me that she's afraid of Ron. She could be so inured to the abusive language that it doesn't phase her as it does most of us, and I've never seen evidence of any physical abuse, though there are plenty of statements to that fact. She keeps coming back to him. If someone wants to say that's out of fear of what he'd do to her if she didn't, I can accept that.

But in Misty's head, she'll put it down to Ronald really loving her. That's all she cares about anyway. Doesn't matter if he has other girls. She knows he'll be back.

I'm not sure how stupid Misty is...she has kept LE on the run for a year

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back