GUILTY IA - ‘Bachelor’ Chris Soules Arrested Following Deadly Crash, April 2017

So sad.

JMO
At least he tried to help more than the first media reports I heard.
Its amazing how the media can twist things into something totally different.

When I first heard this on the news they made it sound like he took off without any kind of help at all. I had no idea he helped and talked with the 911 operator as much as he did.

There is an interesting part on the 911 video that you cannot make out too much but I think I hear some whispering about something which I can only guess what I think I am hearing. It will likely come into the case so I wont add to speculation about what I think I am hearing.

Its right after the 911 operator says about trying to get someone to do CPR "I can talk you through it if you are near the patient". The whispering happens right after that.

The other thing I found disturbing is the 911 operator should have taken control and directed someone to do CPR. Its ridiculous she did not tell and start ordering someone to do CPR right away. I feel that the 911 operator did a terrible job. All JMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...breaks-silence-fatal-crash.html#ixzz4fTXfXHuZ

I have listened to the 911 call. Being an RN I can say that it took FAR to long for the 911 operator to start with instructions for CPR. In fact, I never heard any instructions. But that's just my personal critique :blushing: . I don't understand why Chris ended the call with 911 though.

Oh, yeah. I completely agree. I posted back there that 4 minutes before asking someone to render aid and do CPR is entirely too long. I'm sorry I misunderstood. I'm thinking he had a class or something at some point, but probably not recently. You could hear him counting. It sounded like he counted to 20, and did 2 breaths, which resulted in him getting blood from the man in his mouth. I know they change the ratio of breaths to compressions often, but he at least remembered that much.

And thanks to Hatfield. You said what I was trying to say but maybe I didn't do such a great job at explaining. I'm tired, y'all! :)

Warrants Secured for Chris Soules' Bloodwork & Unidentified Driver's Truck as Judge Seals All Documents from Fatal Crash

[FONT=&quot]Iowa law enforcement officials are investigating the red Chevrolet truck that picked up Chris Soules following his deadly car accident on Monday, and they’ve issued a search warrant for the vehicle.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]According to documents obtained by PEOPLE, police have also issued a second search warrant for the blood and urine that was taken from Soules hours after his crash that left 66-year-old Kenneth E. Mosher dead.

Following the release of the warrants, PEOPLE obtained documents from the Iowa distract court judge ordering the seal of search warrant records as to not jeopardize the investigation or interfere with Soules’ ongoing trial.

[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/chris-soule...unidentified-truck-judge-seals-all-documents/

~

[h=1]Court documents: Soules purchased alcohol before the crash[/h]Published 11:17 a.m. CT May 2, 2017

The empty and partially consumed, open alcoholic beverages found in and around Chris Soules' vehicle after a fatal crash last week were purchased "shortly before the accident," according to court documents filed Tuesday.
In the documents, the Buchanan County Attorney’s Office called the motion by Soules’ lawyers to dismiss the felony charge against him “premature.” Soules' attorneys filed that motion Monday.
The county prosecutor's motion says Soules was seen purchasing that alcohol at a convenience store before the crash.
In denying Soules’ lawyers claim that he made no attempt to "obfuscate his identity" when he offered his name and role in the crash to 911 operators, the state said he did "attempt to obfuscate the immediate facts and circumstances surrounding the accident.”

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...les-purchased-alcohol-before-crash/308879001/

~

[h=1]UPDATE: Court files resistance to dismiss in Chris Soules' case[/h]Documents say that the court has already determined “that there is probable cause to believe that an offense has been committed and the defendant committed it” at the Defendant’s Initial Appearance on April 25, 2017.
Court filings also suggest the court has determined probable cause exists to believe the offense has been committed and the defendant committed it. The court has decided the motion to dismiss is premature.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Soules-attorneys-request-charge-be-dismissed-420908043.html

~

[h=1]Chris Fights Back: Bachelor Soules’ Demands Cops Preserve Evidence In Crash Probe[/h]Posted on May 1, 2017 @ 7:07AM
[FONT=&quot]Chris Soules is playing hardball in his hit and run case! RadarOnline.com has learned that his attorneys have filed court documents warning the authorities not to delete ANY communications about his arrest, as they prepare for trial.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The documents stated the law enforcement agencies are obligated to preserve evidence and requested the “Halting [of] any process that destroys data, including but not limited to data destruction procedures (manual or automatic) and backup cycling.”[/FONT]

http://radaronline.com/videos/chris...st-second-evidence-request-police-by-lawyers/

~

[h=1]Court documents: Soules purchased alcohol before the crash[/h]Published 11:17 a.m. CT May 2, 2017

The empty and partially consumed, open alcoholic beverages found in and around Chris Soules' vehicle after a fatal crash last week were purchased "shortly before the accident," according to court documents filed Tuesday.
In the documents, the Buchanan County Attorney’s Office called the motion by Soules’ lawyers to dismiss the felony charge against him “premature.” Soules' attorneys filed that motion Monday.
The county prosecutor's motion says Soules was seen purchasing that alcohol at a convenience store before the crash.
In denying Soules’ lawyers claim that he made no attempt to "obfuscate his identity" when he offered his name and role in the crash to 911 operators, the state said he did "attempt to obfuscate the immediate facts and circumstances surrounding the accident.”

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...les-purchased-alcohol-before-crash/308879001/

~

I think the open, partially consumed alcoholic beverages that were purchased "shortly before the accident will play a big role in this case.

Lawnewz is streaming his hearing (? Pretrial?) today. I believe it’s to get the charge thrown out.

I came in late, but the judge approved removal of ankle monitor. Just heard the 911 call. His lawyer is now arguing for him.

He’s arguing the specific charges- relaying the details of the statute. I missed the actual statute.

Edit- and now the feed went down. Lawnewz says they are working on it. From what I heard his lawyer was arguing that he called 911, gave his name, attempted cpr, and stayed until emt arrived. He was calling the 911 operator “law enforcement” as in he “notified” law enforcement. Hmmm not sure that’s going to fly with the judge. If I recall he wasn’t found for many hours and at that time he didnt have alcohol in his system. I’ll have to refresh myself on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Court is now in recess until 10 am tomorrow- state will have another response to defense. Also judge said something about taking defense argument into consideration. I missed it I was listening to my tv from my kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Monday, Judge Andrea Dryer approved his attorney's motion to postpone. No new trial date has been set. Dryer has said it should begin before May 7.

https://www.usnews.com/news/enterta...postpones-bachelor-stars-fatal-accident-trial

Soules lost a legal battle Friday in the felony case when Dryer denied his motion to dismiss the charge. He claims Iowa's law requiring the surviving driver in a fatal accident to remain at the scene until police arrive is unconstitutional. Soules' attorneys say he will appeal that ruling to the Iowa Supreme Court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back