Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

One thing that strikes me as "off" with DS that evening is he asked for different jeans with deeper pockets. Why? He obviously didn't carry his cell phone nor his wallet in his pocket when driving so why would he need larger/deeper pockets? Was he meeting up with someone to buy something and whatever he was buying, he would put in his pockets?

I've pondered this a lot and my personal conclusion is that DS wanted deep pockets as he has to do the unloading alone that late at night.

This is my (detailed) thoughts -

He probably had to get out of his cab and lock it for security as once he's out wrestling piggies off the trailer, he can't see his cab doors. So he's got keys and paperwork he needs on his person. He needs the paperwork to hand to scan or file or post in a slot or log some numbers on a computerised system or whatever. But he can't get it dirty so it needs to be about his person safe in a clean pocket. Not in an outside pocket on his coveralls or outer layer. As I hear shifting piggies is a grubby and smelly business. He can't afford the paper to be blowing around in the wind or get lost or get muddy. He wants to do the job properly and also ultimately ensure he gets paid correctly. Maybe he's had a problem in the past with missing, dirty, or damaged paperwork. Also he doesn't want the papers to fall out of an outer pocket such as a coat or coverall or shirt pocket would be too unsafe and unloading the pigs makes him hot so he doesn't wear his coat whilst doing it. Ditto with the keys, nightmare scenario would be to drop his truck keys or lock fob in piggy mess.

He wants to get that job done real fast so he can be back home with family and visiting relatives. So for the sake of doing the job fast as possible, he asks for jeans with deep pockets. That way he can stuff the keys / fob and paperwork in a deep jean pocket, jump out of and lock his cab doors, wrestle the pigs off the trailer into their pen, and put the delivery docket in the correct pigeon hole, jump back in his cab, drive off and be back home fast.

JMO MOO - I have never driven a truck!

One thing that strikes me as "off" with DS that evening is he asked for different jeans with deeper pockets. Why? He obviously didn't carry his cell phone nor his wallet in his pocket when driving so why would he need larger/deeper pockets? Was he meeting up with someone to buy something and whatever he was buying, he would put in his pockets?

Something that he would only want about his person and not risk leaving laying around or loose in his cab?

im being a tad sarcastic here, but also a little serious lol....

what if they were just his favorite jeans -- i mean, if you were running away and was gonna be in the same pants for a while, youd want your favorites.

another option for me was maybe he wanted to carry a hand gun? and it fits better in the deeper pocket jeans

Maybe if he was running away in his favourite jeans, that's why he didn't unload the pigs as he didn't want them to get dirty? Seems a bit of an elaborate way to go about things tho!

I've pondered this a lot and my personal conclusion is that DS wanted deep pockets as he has to do the unloading alone that late at night.

This is my (detailed) thoughts -

He probably had to get out of his cab and lock it for security as once he's out wrestling piggies off the trailer, he can't see his cab doors. So he's got keys and paperwork he needs on his person. He needs the paperwork to hand to scan or file or post in a slot or log some numbers on a computerised system or whatever. But he can't get it dirty so it needs to be about his person safe in a clean pocket. Not in an outside pocket on his coveralls or outer layer. As I hear shifting piggies is a grubby and smelly business. He can't afford the paper to be blowing around in the wind or get lost or get muddy. He wants to do the job properly and also ultimately ensure he gets paid correctly. Maybe he's had a problem in the past with missing, dirty, or damaged paperwork. Also he doesn't want the papers to fall out of an outer pocket such as a coat or coverall or shirt pocket would be too unsafe and unloading the pigs makes him hot so he doesn't wear his coat whilst doing it. Ditto with the keys, nightmare scenario would be to drop his truck keys or lock fob in piggy mess.

He wants to get that job done real fast so he can be back home with family and visiting relatives. So for the sake of doing the job fast as possible, he asks for jeans with deep pockets. That way he can stuff the keys / fob and paperwork in a deep jean pocket, jump out of and lock his cab doors, wrestle the pigs off the trailer into their pen, and put the delivery docket in the correct pigeon hole, jump back in his cab, drive off and be back home fast.

JMO MOO - I have never driven a truck!
This could very well be, thank you for the detailed response! I wonder if LE will give an update on this case anytime soon.

Maybe if he was running away in his favourite jeans, that's why he didn't unload the pigs as he didn't want them to get dirty? Seems a bit of an elaborate way to go about things tho!
If he didn't unload the pigs because he was running away and didn't want to dirty his favorite pants. Why even load the pigs?

A pocket deep enough to secure a phone seems like just an essential for a man, speaking as someone who has started investing in shorts and pants with deep pockets so I don’t have to bring a purse everywhere. I’ve had a phone stolen out of my pocket at an event before, and I’ve been robbed for my purse before, so I’ve had to figure out better alternatives. So that doesn’t sound odd to me.

I think someone else in this thread said there could be legal consequences to disappearing if you have minor children. I don’t know how the logistics works, but it makes sense that you can’t avoid paying child support by simply leaving without providing a forwarding address.

This is MOO, but it has been my impression that in voluntarily missing person cases in the US, the protocol is to inform the family the person has been located, but they won’t notify them of where the person was located. “It is no longer a police matter” or something to that effect.

Long pockets and sitting in a truck for hours makes no sense. It is an odd detail for sure.

According to law enforcement, family and friends report last hearing from 53-year-old David Schultz of Wall Lake during the early morning hours of Tuesday, Nov. 21.

Does anyone recall who this was he spoke to not long before he disappeared?

Long pockets and sitting in a truck for hours makes no sense. It is an odd detail for sure.

According to law enforcement, family and friends report last hearing from 53-year-old David Schultz of Wall Lake during the early morning hours of Tuesday, Nov. 21.

Wasn’t it the dispatcher?

I have a couple pairs of Wranglers that I like except for the shallow pockets, only because it's mildly irritating when my hands get cold and only my fingers will fit. I say "mildly" irritating but it's annoying enough to cause me to pass over those pairs of jeans sometimes for something with deeper pockets. We might be looking for zebras here.

A pocket deep enough to secure a phone seems like just an essential for a man, speaking as someone who has started investing in shorts and pants with deep pockets so I don’t have to bring a purse everywhere. I’ve had a phone stolen out of my pocket at an event before, and I’ve been robbed for my purse before, so I’ve had to figure out better alternatives. So that doesn’t sound odd to me.

I think someone else in this thread said there could be legal consequences to disappearing if you have minor children. I don’t know how the logistics works, but it makes sense that you can’t avoid paying child support by simply leaving without providing a forwarding address.

This is MOO, but it has been my impression that in voluntarily missing person cases in the US, the protocol is to inform the family the person has been located, but they won’t notify them of where the person was located. “It is no longer a police matter” or something to that effect.
The legal consequence's don’t apply if the person doesn’t want to be found. They work for cash and come up with all sorts of tricks to avoid having to pay child support. I know this because my ex is the hardest case they’ve had trying to find him. I hired a private investigator and he found him in on hour. But because he’s smart he knows not to have his name on any lease etc that le couldn’t go and arrest him. My point is it’s not as simple as it sounds. Moo

As far as I can recall, that person he spoke to is a mystery to the public; nothing was ever stated as to who that was.

The weather is mild in the area of the missing trucker's last ride; it is currently 62 degrees and doubtful any remaining snow. My parents (an hour north) claim there is zero snow. Are there any known searches to locate DS taking place?

The weather is mild in the area of the missing trucker's last ride; it is currently 62 degrees and doubtful any remaining snow. My parents (an hour north) claim there is zero snow. Are there any known searches to locate DS taking place?
I am in central Iowa, and I have not heard or seen anything on the news about any searches happening.

The weather is lovely here today, it would certainly be a good time for people to get out and look…

Repeat searches are really common and important. There is actually a thread about missing people later being located in areas previously searched.
Exactly! So many times we see cases here at WS where an area has been searched, Sometimes more than one time, yet a persn is found in that location at a later date.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back