IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our County sheriff department (CCSO) has done a bang-up swashbuckling job at using the internet to Find and arrest people who are addicted to Child *advertiser censored*. NOW are these people who would also sooner or later act on their fantasy, we do not know, also we do not know if they are or have in the past but they are for the time locked up.

Grainne,
I just want to say THANK YOU on behalf of all the mommies having a bad day. Parenting is HARD sometimes. Sometimes people have special needs kids who don't behave in the same way average children do. It must be horrible to be judged by other people on a day like that.

Being a parent to a difficult kid taught me to be a better person.

Well, I've certainly had my share of days when I just wanted to burst into tears and be hugged by my mama.

Plus, life is what happens when a person is busy making other plans. Sometimes a parent has to drag their tired toddler to the store or has to grab the chance to get something that's on sale that day because otherwise, there won't be enough on the table. I don't think any parent wants to go out with a tired or cranky child, it just happens.

My not-so-secret weapon is that children are almost always better behaved when someone new pays some attention to them. That gives the over-stressed mom a chance to step back, take some deep breaths and get her perspective back.

Plus, now that I have to use a wheelchair in stores, I'm more at kid height and they are often fascinated with the rolling chair.

Giving someone so stressed out a glare is just not helpful or productive. I always wonder what those people who glare think they are going to achieve? And doesn't it make them feel all angry and uncomfortable inside when they do it?

I've had more than my fair share of kindness from strangers, so I just try to pay it forward. It's easy enough for me to do and maybe it makes someone else's life a little easier.

Life is so tough, we all need whatever help we can get.

Maybe they claimed to have evidence that the girls are alive to see if a narcissistic perp would be offended and brag to someone or post a comment online to indicate otherwise. Just a thought!

MOO

Isn't this kind of common from LE in all these cases? Seems that is what they all say. I remember it from Isabell, Sierra, I could name more and now this case. jmo

I guess with knowledge you can get around anything. Not sure the perp/pediphile would have that knowledge. It is my opinion you can never be too careful. Most of the cases we have here on WS, the house did not have an alarm activated if any at all. And I know they had dogs, but were they dogs trained in protection or known to bark if a stranger came into the house. I love all dogs, but there are some that just are not guard dogs whether the perp knows the dog or not. e.g. family member, relative, etc. I guess all that justifies me having a gun. jmo

If you do have a dog that is trained in protection and he bites the UPS man, you're in trouble so even that isn't such a good idea.

There are ways to protect ourselves without removing all signs of a child's presence (ie toys in yard, etc.), sophisticated alarm systems, trained dogs and weapons. I am sure all of us are more watchful and that is helpful. We lock our doors and windows, notice cars that don't belong and look out when we see a neighbor's kid playing near the street. Awareness goes a long way.

Isn't this kind of common from LE in all these cases? Seems that is what they all say. I remember it from Isabell, Sierra, I could name more and now this case. jmo

Yes, but i don't believe they said they had "evidence" to believe. IMO

I understand you own a white van for your business. But it is what it is and LE are looking at white vans. I don't understand why people with white vans are feeling the need to defend themselves. All but one white van is innocent. If people with White Vans don't understand that it is what it is then they need to get business locals. JMO Not attacking you.

I suspect that one reason that white vans have been used to kidnap children is because the van probably does not belong to the perp. So many businesses use them that it would be easy for a pervert to get a job with access to one, remove any magnetic advertising, and snatch a kid off the street. Churches and daycares use vans, dry cleaners, plumbers, charities etc. Used car lots have keys accessible to employees and plenty of white vans for sale. The perp could even be a volunteer !

Yes I agree Local LE have said that in many cases,

However... I have never heard the FBI say it.... They always hold things tight to their vest...

But what Tangible evidence would mean they are alive... :waitasec:

If you do have a dog that is trained in protection and he bites the UPS man, you're in trouble so even that isn't such a good idea.

There are ways to protect ourselves without removing all signs of a child's presence (ie toys in yard, etc.), sophisticated alarm systems, trained dogs and weapons. I am sure all of us are more watchful and that is helpful. We lock our doors and windows, notice cars that don't belong and look out when we see a neighbor's kid playing near the street. Awareness goes a long way.

If your dog is trained in 'protection' he would not bite anyone that was not making an aggressive move toward you. And if the UPS man did make a move, oh well. Most protection dogs are introduced to people who will be in their lives that do not represent a threat. jmo

Yes I agree Local LE have said that in many cases,

However... I have never heard the FBI say it.... They always hold things tight to their vest...

But what Tangible evidence would mean they are alive... :waitasec:

Oh, okay, I didn't realize the quote was from FBI. Thanks.

I suspect that one reason that white vans have been used to kidnap children is because the van probably does not belong to the perp. So many businesses use them that it would be easy for a pervert to get a job with access to one, remove any magnetic advertising, and snatch a kid off the street. Churches and daycares use vans, dry cleaners, plumbers, charities etc. Used car lots have keys accessible to employees and plenty of white vans for sale. The perp could even be a volunteer !

Thank you... YES most company's do and larger company's have Fleet vans that come in just white and when they have used them for a period of time they change over and those vans are sold super cheap at auction.

Very good point

Sorry for asking again but in the last thread i believe it was. I asked if FBI is still involved but didn't see an answer. Are they still involved?TIA

Sorry, I guess today I am just in stupid mode, but in what cases we have sleuthed on WS has there been a white van involved. The ones I have followed did not have a clue as to what was used and in SL's case it was a small compact car. I just think I may have missed something. Can you help me out? tia

I am the one in fear not my kids. They are aware but have no idea why i painted the rooms white and changed the curtains. I let them have their sticker decals but i placed them as a border halfway down the wall so perps can't see its a kids room. We have locks on all windows and if the kids do open them, they can't open all the way as we have set that to happen. As for an alarm we are looking into one. My neighbour has one and is getting us the info. It may sound like fear. But really it is protecting my kids. IMO

I was just thinking of this the other day... remember those fire fighter window stickers you would put in a kids window to let firemen know it was a kids room (in case of a fire)? Perfect way for a perp to know whose room that was.

If these girls are alive. They can't be happy. Even if it was a family member for say "protection or concern" Because these girls would be missing their parents. Where ever they are they are not happy IMO

Yes, but i don't believe they said they had "evidence" to believe. IMO

Didn't they say they found evidence by the lake, or bikes but could not share what they found? This was announced shortly before they said they believe the girls are alive, please correct me if I am wrong. TIA

If these girls are alive. They can't be happy. Even if it was a family member for say "protection or concern" Because these girls would be missing their parents. Where ever they are they are not happy IMO

I can't believe these girls were taken for protection or concern. I would think it would have happened much earlier in their lives if this was the case. Unless of course we are still thinking about the GM's interview where she said RM had become a snitch. And even then I would think the family would know the people who could be involved and would have told LE who they are. Or LE should know who those people are if in fact RM had snitched on them. Does that make sense??? jmo

Whatever evidence LE/FBI said they had to show the girls were alive...either did not pan out or was not very helpful in locating them or finding a suspect in the past two weeks or so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11