IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear GOD, where are they???? Forgive me for wasting space but I don't know what to say. These young ones are so on my heart today. From reading the forum I know I'm not alone. Three weeks is such a long time and I don't understand the silence. Where are they?
Kelly

Wonder what NO POSITIVE RESULTS means??? :what:

I thought that was worded funny too. Do they mean they found no results or that there were results that were not positive. WTH does no positive results mean exactly.

That is awful. Kind of fuuny (ironic) They do that. Like my son is 24 and away at school but the last time he was here he had a t-shirt on that read "REHAB is for QUITTERS". Which I thought was funny...

Both of my older kids graduated from that program. I don't think we have any Rave's in this part of Iowa...I am not exactly sure what happens at a rave, except music and dancing.

they do have "raves" here in this area of Iowa, but they call them something different...i can't remember what at this moment for the life of me.

Would like to agree with and thank so many wonderful and powerful posts but my "Thanks" button has disappeared. (maybe I used it too much).

Thanks to all who are praying for these angels to be found. My heart breaks when I realize the life they must have had. I truly hope they will come home safe and sound but I understand that may not happen.

They saw things in their young lives that those of us blessed with "normal" parents could never understand. I don't say that in a judgmental way at all but facts are facts.

K.

In Iowa the DNR takes care of the lakes ands all bodies of water. The Corps of Engineers takes care of the river, please correct me if I am mistaken. Hope that helps!

OK, that pump house question was bothering me so I called the Evansdale Parks and Rec and Iowa DNR. I was told that DNR stocks fish in Meyers lake and the "pump house" is not that at all, it is a SEWER LIFT STATION. THe lady I talked to said it is maintained by the city and locked at all times, there is now way the girls could have gotten in there or perp did something there to hide the girls....

I hope they didn't overlook something or make a mistake because they went through everything so fast! If I were one of the parents, I would have asked how in the world did they thoroughly check 200+ RSO's that fast !??

Brings back J. Lundsford... :(
One more thing, did they check all the campgrounds/campers out as well? I wonder....

That 200 RSOs includes all the ones in Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Elk Run, etc.

There are only about 10 in Evansdale. I think when LE said they had cleared the local RSOs the first weekend, they were referring to the ones in Evansdale. They were probably easy to clear since it happened during normal business hours.

I'm sure that LE continued to move outwards from Evansdale in checking RSOs but they started with the local ones.

Speaking of RSOs, I ran across an interesting article which stated:

Corey Yung, a visiting law professor at the University of Iowa and an expert in sex offense law, is critical of registry systems, and says the resources that are poured into monitoring sex offenders and enforcing residency restrictions fail to address the real issues. Yung says research has shown between 90 and 95 percent of sex offenses are committed by people not on the registry, and 90 percent of sex offenses against children are committed by either family members or friends of the family.

http://www.municipalinsider.com/new...nges-needed-for-sex-offender-registry-system/

This matches my personal impression as well. In so many cases, the first to be included in the suspect pool are RSOs... and yet, it's rare for an RSO to be the perp.

The 90% figure matches other sources I've read, too.

Here's what I believe it means....

Positive-moving forward or in a direction of increase or progressResults-A consequence, effect, or outcome of something

No positive results
The outcome of the recent lake search yielded No progress or moving forward in the search for Elizabeth and Lyric.

Here's an aerial map of Meyers Lake with Ollipop's photos inserted. I've been thinking that since Lyric was taught what to do if she ran into trouble, maybe she left a clue somewhere between the abduction and entering a vehicle. I wonder if her older brother would have some insight into what she would do. I wonder, if he were to walk between where the bikes were found and the pump house, would he find a clue?

meyers_lake_Collins_Cook.jpg

Shouldn't this have been done already. It has been what 3 weeks. I guess there is a new lead of late..?

My guess is, since they went in under the cover of darkness, they had to do something they didn't want the media and people like us to see. I don't know what that task was, but whatever it was, they wanted to keep it secret. Take measurements? Re-enact the timeline? Not sure.

My guess is, since they went in under the cover of darkness, they had to do something they didn't want the media and people like us to see. I don't know what that task was, but whatever it was, they wanted to keep it secret. Take measurements? Re-enact the timeline? Not sure.

I agree, the reason for going at night probably was to be subtle and not garner the attention of the public or the media (so much for that lol). I do not think it could be a timeline reenactment because time of day, traffic, etc are all going to affect the outcome and what is possible at night may not be in day and vice versa.

No, in fact they said just the opposite. They said there is not danger to anyone else's kids.

Not in danger. Gee i must be reading wrong when i read about attempt abductions all over that area.

Otto -- that is AMAZING!! Great work!!!

I have 2 tiny edits:

1) We aren't really sure where the bikes were found. DM said it was closer to the white thing that sticks out into the water, where the maintenance gate was found open. TG said he came around a blind curve and almost ran over them. So there are TWO possible bike locations, which are at opposite ends of that double fence section.

2) The pump house isn't a pump house, it is a sewer lift station. Not that that matters.

Here's an aerial map of Meyers Lake with Ollipop's photos inserted. I've been thinking that since Lyric was taught what to do if she ran into trouble, maybe she left a clue somewhere between the abduction and entering a vehicle. I wonder if her older brother would have some insight into what she would do. I wonder, if he were to walk between where the bikes were found and the pump house, would he find a clue?

meyersfinal.jpg
I must have missed something. I thought the bikes and purse were found way farther west on the trail by the gate and jetty.:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member