IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly enough, my husband has no particular interest in children (raising one cured him of it!) but he must exude something that attracts children. Whatever it is, it also attracts dogs and cats. He never approaches children but they are drawn to him like iron filings to a magnet.

Like you, I'm glad we live in a small town where no one gets warped out of shape if their small child runs up to talk to my husband. Kids tell him all kinds of stuff, it's amazing.

Well, maybe I do know what it is about him. To me, he has always simply reeked of trustworthy, from the very first time we met online (we met online back in 1994, when it wasn't very common). So I shouldn't be surprised if children sense it as well.

GrainneDhu, your husband has a twin "magnet" brother to whom I am married. Our oldest son is the same way. I have never seen anything like it.

I have not seen this picture before. Found it on fbi.gov site. I was not aware that she wore glasses. Wonder if she was wearing them that day and it should have been in the description. Also noticed that fbi.gov says that Lyric was last seen wearing a light green shirt and shorts. I had not heard clothing description before either, but maybe I missed it.

Attachments

• LyricFromFBI-gov.jpg
    LyricFromFBI-gov.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 106
I have not seen this picture before. Found it on fbi.gov site. I was not aware that she wore glasses. Wonder if she was wearing them that day and it should have been in the description. Also noticed that fbi.gov says that Lyric was last seen wearing a light green shirt and shorts. I had not heard clothing description before either, but maybe I missed it.

Never mind it was in what you wrote.

That picture makes me so sad, where is she? : (

Thanks for posting the photo. She looks so different (to me). Lyric is of that age where she's growing and changing so fast its amazing.

I do remember reading the clothing description but it was days after they vanished and almost as a side comment. Confusing.

I heard investigators were at the lake last night investigating again. Anyone else hear that?

:what:Where did you hear that? I would be interested in hearing more but I think it might be considered rumor...I know that you are local, have you asked to be verified so that you can post about "word on the street? If not, I think you should. You have been a real asset with your sneaky cell phone pic and RSO encounter!

( I will delete my quote if needed!)

I used to think the DARE program was effective but then my daughter told me something kind of sad/funny. She told me that it was a known thing that the people wearing DARE t-shirts at a rave were the ones selling ecstasy to the crowd. [ When you 'graduate from the D.A.R.E. program a kid is given a t-shirt with the huge DARE logo on the front.]C

Those DARE t-shirts the kids were given in 5th and 6th grades became a fashion trend when they were in high school, often worn with zig-zags tucked into their jeans pocket. lol

That is awful. Kind of fuuny (ironic) They do that. Like my son is 24 and away at school but the last time he was here he had a t-shirt on that read "REHAB is for QUITTERS". Which I thought was funny...

Both of my older kids graduated from that program. I don't think we have any Rave's in this part of Iowa...I am not exactly sure what happens at a rave, except music and dancing.

Again anyone hear about the investigators at the lake last night?

:what:Where did you hear that? I would be interested in hearing more but I think it might be considered rumor...I know that you are local, have you asked to be verified so that you can post about "word on the street? If not, I think you should. You have been a real asset with your sneaky cell phone pic and RSO encounter!

( I will delete my quote if needed!)

The waterloo courier website. I wonder what they were looking for.?

That is awful. Kind of fuuny (ironic) They do that. Like my son is 24 and away at school but the last time he was here he had a t-shirt on that read "REHAB is for QUITTERS". Which I thought was funny...

Both of my older kids graduated from that program. I don't think we have any Rave's in this part of Iowa...I am not exactly sure what happens at a rave, except music and dancing.

BBM

That would be drugs, music and dancing (maybe--if they can stand up). MOO, of course

Cindersoot is our spy ... But really thank you for all you have done! I still want to come up there, remember last Monday- my car broke down and had to have AAA tow me. So I need to come up and do my part, maybe tomorrow. I still want to look at the vacant houses close to the lake...and a few other things.

Cindersoot is our spy ... But really thank you for all you have done! I still want to come up there, remember last Monday- my car broke down and had to have AAA tow me. So I need to come up and do my part, maybe tomorrow. I still want to look at the vacant houses close to the lake...and a few other things.

The locals here have been so important in keeping us abreast of the goings-on in the area. Our eyes and ears to this case, they are invaluable!

Via Twitter, from Adam at KWWL7. FBI says investigators were back at Meyers Lake last night and this morning. No word on what they are lookin for.

Found it. It is on the twitter comments thread at the wcf courier site.

FBI says investigators were back at Meyers Lake last night and this morning. No word on what they were looking for. #EvansdaleSearch
by AdamKWWL7 via twitter 12:08 PM

It should be okay to link this twitter account because it was tweeted from KWWL, a MSM source.

Found it. It is on the twitter comments thread at the wcf courier site.

It should be okay to link this twitter account because it was tweeted from KWWL, a MSM source.

I know, it is a good source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member