IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they're at the first corner you can see the turn around spot, then the road carrys on, and the rocks at water edge, google earth but i can't do pics. The first corner close to water.

The choice of dump site strikes me as odd.

If it's a local, they had to know that eventually that area would die down and be crawling with hunters?

They didn't even attempt to bury them, apparently.

Whoever did it either didn't care they were found, or was really really stupid.

I believe too that who ever did this was familar with both areas. I am just fearstricken to know this person is walking areound free in my community!

Have there been any other abductions or attempted abductions in your area in the last six months? just wondering if the perp was passing through or has moved on. just a thought.

I suspect the girls were dumped there. Not sure where they were killed but I don't think there.

I suspect the girls were dumped there. Not sure where they wee killed but I don't think there.

Would it have been easy to carry them through undergrowth at the time?

And why place them so far apart, if they were carried in surely they'd be close together?

:moo:

I suspect the girls were dumped there. Not sure where they wee killed but I don't think there.

Could have been done someplace else, but that sure is a long way from the other lake to drive. It seems to me a perfect place to commit and leave. If just the dump site I feel he must be local and know the area. jmo

I too am a little baffled by where their remains were found. Is this particular area only accessed during the hunting season?

I'm just wondering why they have been discovered there now? Would they have been there the whole time? Sorry if that is inappropriate to ask... I will delete if so.

I'm just lost for words :( Seeing that photo of the two white sheets has me sitting here in tears, and sick to my stomach. :(

Keep seeing posts that wonder if the girls walked to where they were found...then died for whatever reason. I don't understand. 22 miles? Why not ride the bikes?

I have never uploaded a photo, I hope this works but please disregard this message if it doesn't.

Otto, what do you think about this possibility based on your map and a recent photo from the scene? I based the text I added to your map on the loop in the road, as well as the rocky section along the shore which ends near the loop. The bodies appear to be next to a secondary stream or creek, not the actual river...all speculation, but I'd appreciate any input.

My addition is the three white arrows with text on the right of of Otto's top picture.

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28387&stc=1&d=1354822295

Attachments

• image 4.jpeg
    image 4.jpeg
    193.9 KB · Views: 587
  • image 1.jpg
    image 1.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 591
  • image 3.jpeg
    image 3.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 59
The choice of dump site strikes me as odd.

If it's a local, they had to know that eventually that area would die down and be crawling with hunters?

They didn't even attempt to bury them, apparently.

Whoever did it either didn't care they were found, or was really really stupid.

Or really lazy.

I'm grateful they were either stupid or lazy (or perhaps so narcicistic as to think they'd never be caught), since the girls were found. If they had been buried and in a place less frequented, who knows if they'd ever be found.

I think they're at the first corner you can see the turn around spot, then the road carrys on, and the rocks at water edge, google earth but i can't do pics. The first corner close to water.

I looked at all of the available images of the park on Google Earth and could not find any imaging done in winter (without leaves)....

I was hoping to get a better layout of the park (including ATV trails, foot paths, turn arounds, etc.).

No luck...

No but someone mentioned hearing a reference to divers on a local live report last night IIRC

Yes! That's what I recall also... think it might have been a couple of our peeps that thought they heard the word divers.

If you're hiding something it makes more sense to hide it all in one place.

Maybe this guy/s was just really really dumb...but that doesn't fit with the disappearance.'

Wow. A lot to chew over already.

Have there been any other abductions or attempted abductions in your area in the last six months? just wondering if the perp was passing through or has moved on. just a thought.

there have been numerous attempted abductions in the past 6 mos. as other WSs will remember some involving a "white van", some by a man and a woman, some just a man, some with different vehicles...these were all in different Iowa towns. there was a flurry on FB yesterday of a teenaged girl missing from Eldora, Ia. don't know if she is still unaccounted for or not.

I'd expect them to be together if they were carried in.

:moo:

I agree. to me it looks like more than one perp, and two crime scenes. I hate to say that but article says they were 25 feet apart. I can't imagine dumping one and then going 25 feet with the other one. jmo

Me three....

Based on where the white sheets are I wonder if one of the girls tried to run after seeing the first one killed.

So incredibly sad.....

:furious:

If these white sheets truly represent where the two bodies were found, then I agree with you.

Was the photo taken today? If so, then what are these sheets covering? It was my understanding the remains were taken away yesterday. Would LE use a sheet to cover where a body was found, once the body was removed? It seems like evidence techs and other investigators would already have processed those two sites.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious.:waitasec:

It seems fairly common to hide a body, but not hide it very well. I think after a crime is done a lot of perps just want the "evidence" gone as fast as possible. I can think of many cases where bodies are just randomly thrown in water or in a field rather than being buried or hidden. I think it is possible that they were kept for a few hours and then when they were reported he or she knew they couldn't be caught with the bodies so he or she ditched them in a remote area and crossed their fingers.

Can't wait to see the person brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11