IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The choice of dump site strikes me as odd.

If it's a local, they had to know that eventually that area would die down and be crawling with hunters?

They didn't even attempt to bury them, apparently.

Whoever did it either didn't care they were found, or was really really stupid.

It looks like they were very close to the rivers edge. This has been a historic drought this year- in a normal year, there would be a time or two when the river would overflow it's banks- that didn't happen this year at all- in a normal year the girls probably would have been washed downstream and covered by vegitation and river debris. Interesting that most of us in Iowa have been praying for rain, when the lack of rain imho clearly had another purpose that none of us knew about until yesterday.

I agree. to me it looks like more than one perp, and two crime scenes. I hate to say that but article says they were 25 feet apart. I can't imagine dumping one and then going 25 feet with the other one. jmo

(I hate to even say this :-(........) animals are a possibility for any movement

It looks like there is some type of tall grass around the area where the white sheets are. Does anyone know what type of grass/groundcover this is in the area?

Would it have been easy to carry them through undergrowth at the time?

And why place them so far apart, if they were carried in surely they'd be close together?

:moo:

they may have been dumped together, but moved by animal activity. i get the feeling that this was done by a local...as i said before I have lived my entire life in this community. raised children here, worked here, and visited Many, many parks in the area. I live in Waterloo, but have been to Meyers Lake and the park there with my children several times to fish and picnic. I have heard of 7 bridges park (or wildlife area, whatever you want to call it) but didn't know where it was nor had ever been to it. but there are very many wooded areas like this dotting this area. if they are primitive, they are usually used by hunters, fishermen, and kids looking for a place to party. in the past decade or so, these places have also been secluded areas where meth can be made...it is very common for hunters to stumble over meth making materials in areas like this and also in ditches.

I think they were walked in seperately (perhaps voluntarily), by two perps, with a gun each.

:sick:

About the possible spacing of the remains...
Is it possible that if the girls were placed there in the summer there was a lot of overgrowth etc and one body could easily fit aong vegetation but there wasn't room there for the other? But perhaps there was a spot free of vegetation (or maybe even poisonous plants like poison ivy/oak) or accessible 25 feet away? I wonder what this spot looked like before fall set in and lots of the plant growth died off. Perhaps the bodies were placed under plant cover and two wouldn't in the spot(s) with adequate plant cover/long grass/tall weeds but there was a similar spot that would do 25 feet away?

I also have to wonder about animal scavenging. And as MarilyninPA brought up- is this pic from today? If so, the sheets aren't covering the bodies because they were taken away yesterday. They have to be covering up some other evidence (or spots where the bodies were).

I'm sorry to even talk about the girls like this. RIP Lyric and Lizzie.

The choice of dump site strikes me as odd.

If it's a local, they had to know that eventually that area would die down and be crawling with hunters?

They didn't even attempt to bury them, apparently.

Whoever did it either didn't care they were found, or was really really stupid.

BBM

I think he/she/they didn't care if they were found. JMO

Would it have been easy to carry them through undergrowth at the time?

And why place them so far apart, if they were carried in surely they'd be close together?

:moo:

I have a half baked idea that the perp(s) carried the bodies through the wooded area and tossed them down the incline in the hopes they would roll into the river. The river appears somewhat rapid and rocky in some areas.

For whatever reason, I don't think the perp(s) were concerned about eventual discovery of the remains later in the future, just immediate disposal and eluding being seen dumping them.

If the bodies had gone into the river who knows how far downriver the might have surfaced, leaving LE nothing to go on as to their entry point.

So maybe they were meant to go in the river. The sloped area where white sheets indicate possible body locations appears to be somewhat more open and not covered well by tree canopy. Also, the footing looks iffy there to mee. Perhaps the perp(s) decided to leave them where they landed rather than follow through with the river plan and risk being seen or spending any longer in the vacinity.

I wonder if that area is known to wash out during spring rains?

PURE SPECULATION

Animals can scatter bones but not entire bodies.

From the sheet placement, I'm guessing the girls were whole.

I could be way off base, but I remember when they found Jessica Ridgeway there were red markers all over the place. Here we've just got two kid size sheets on the ground, from what we can see. :(

well, this spot was a good enough hiding spot that the girls have not been found until now when a lot of helpful information could have been lost by exposure to the elements, etc.

locals: is this a river that people canoe down? re: would people be regularly going up and down the river in the summer time?? fish? etc

I think they were walked in seperately (perhaps voluntarily), by two perps, with a gun each.

:sick:

Or walked in separately and one tried to run away when she saw what happened to her cousin...but didn't make it very far...

It's possible that the body found farther in is Elizabeth who was smaller, the perp may have found that moving Elizabeth was harder than expected and so he left her closer to the turnaround. That's my theory anyhow.

The area in which they were found looks to be a steep ditch to me so is it possible that the perp just opened up the car door and let them roll down into the ditch?

I looked at all of the available images of the park on Google Earth and could not find any imaging done in winter (without leaves)....

I was hoping to get a better layout of the park (including ATV trails, foot paths, turn arounds, etc.).

No luck...

Bing maps has winter/fall views. On the Birdseye setting, zoom in and it will change from foliage to bare trees.

Animals can definitely move entire bodies. We aren't talking mice-more like larger predators. I have even seen a large scavenger bird moving an entire deer carcass one time-the joys of living in the sticks.

I just think there are other explanations for why the bodies were further apart than it had to be two perps and two completely different crime scenes.

Animals can scatter bones but not entire bodies.

From the sheet placement, I'm guessing the girls were whole.

I could be way off base, but I remember when they found Jessica Ridgeway there were red markers all over the place. Here we've just got two kid size sheets on the ground, from what we can see. :(

Agreed as to scattering. Good point but could a small animal tugging at an extremity (sorrY to be GRAPHIC) have dislodged a body from its original location causing it to roll or slide further down slope?

Mark Carlson ‏@markwcarlson
Large team of FBI investigators just arrived at scene of #evansdalesearch in Bremer County. 3 SUV's, truck and ATV. pic.twitter.com/jlrCs8Jd

Perhaps the perps were off their nut on meth at the time and just didn't think things through properly.

There is no way one petrified little girl who just saw her bestest cousin murdered in front of her eyes, managed to get that far away that quickly from a predator, through the summer undergrowth, in my opinion. She would've got 5 feet away, if that. :(

The cod will tell us more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member