IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
it looks like he/she dumped them on land that is used for hunting.

I don't think a lot of perps think about second and third order effects when they are dumping a victim if they are in the disorganized category.. so maybe that is where this fits.

Also: they were hidden well enough to not be found until now.

I would agree 100%, if it wasn't for the way he/she/they managed to spirit the girls away in broad daylight.

That doesn't imply disorganised to me, rather the opposite.

I just find it really wierd, where he dumped them...unless of course he was in a hurry...and you're right, they did stay hidden, for 145 days. :(

Assuming that's where they've been all this time.

:cow:

When does the presser start?

You have two bodies to dump.

Are you going to dump them in a place you know hunters are going to visit, or a game reserve where no hunters ever visit?

I know which I'd choose...so why didn't the perp?

One explanation I can think of is, he was in a hurry and the game reserve was too far to drive to.

Which means he's working to a timeline, which means he's possibly working an alibi.

They may already have questioned him.

All my opinion.

:sick:

wildlife area does not =wild life preserve here in our State.

I think there can still be significant evidence found,even after this much time has passed, for instance , were they still dressed, is all the clothing there, if Lyric's flipflops were found with her body it might suggest they walked in to the location, versus being carried in.

Possible reasons for location of bodies:

Known to perp, special significance.

Disorganized perp, not well thought out.

Bodies meant for the river, bungled.

Bodies meant to be discovered eventually by hunter or hiker, goal only to further/quicken decomp and destroy potential evidence.

Snipped

Seven Bridges park is about 25 miles north of Evansdale, the Black Hawk County community where Lyric Cook-Morrissey, then 10, and Elizabeth Collins, then 8, were last seen on July 13. The Bremer County park has canoe access to the Wapsipinicon River, which winds through the 125-acre area.

Snipped

Not as many people fished in the area this summer because of low water levels, Frederick said. His office doesn't track the number of visitors to the area, which has no electricity or running water, he said.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...-of-bodies-discovery?Frontpage&nclick_check=1

I know Waterloo West High School was doing a "pink out" today...everyone was to wear pink in honor of these two little girls

I have tried to come up with my own way to honor these two girls. I've decided that when I do some Christmas shopping this weekend, I will purchase two gifts that I think Lizzie and Lyric would have liked. There is a church nearby that is still holding a toy drive, and I will donate the two gifts in memory of Lyric and Lizzie.

I know it isn't much, but I just desperately need to do something to acknowledge the passing of these two girls.

Yes, and the perp probably knew this.

I just find it really odd that he left them in a known hunting zone, when he could've chosen a reserve where they would be less likely to be stumbled upon.

:dunno:

IDK... but a thought comes to mind: perhaps hunting isn't an addiction of perp(s)? If not, perhaps they don't know the "finer rules" of that particular area? Or, if they do know the finer rules, they would know that it was a hunter's access area rather than an area hunters would be tromping through? These questions come via my humble opinion only. For IDK.

I'm forever the optimist. Is it possible they just got lost? I mean, no matter what its awful, but what if they got lost and died in the elements? I'm trying to read up on this one so if otherwise I will delete!

Do we know if this area was searched back in July ?

I do not believe the original search extended 25 miles from Meyers Lake. There was a search done the weekend immediately following the disappearance of the surrounding area of Meyers Lake, later the landfill, and then LE asked hunters and farmers to be on the lookout.

I think there can still be significant evidence found,even after this much time has passed, for instance , were they still dressed, is all the clothing there, if Lyric's flipflops were found with her body it might suggest they walked in to the location, versus being carried in.

Excellent point, I do too...especially if they were found on her feet still. :(

Recently Queensland Police found Daniel Morcombe, who had been missing for 9 years. He was in a valley in the bush where it had been flooded to a height of 20ft or something, yet he remained undisturbed.

A miracle, really.

Is it 4 yet? Anxious for this danged presser. Meds makin me sleepy. Scared I will fall aslep and miss it.

While various searches were conducted, I can't recall ever hearing about Seven Bridges until yesterday. So I'd hazard a guess and say this area was not part of an official search for the girls.

There was quite an uproar about a week or so after the girls disappeared, another wierd craigslist poster (I believe it's the same person who wrote the creepy poems-The word usage in the bridges posts was just too similar with the creepy poems for me to not consider the possibility) anyhow, they insinuated to look "under bridges" in fayette and bremer counties. I recall it very well, I had actually commented about it to my mother at the time- about the strange craigslist poster and that I hoped LE had been notified.
I believe LE was notified and that LE searched literally under bridges in Fayette and Bremer counties, but I don't know if 7 bridges park was specifically searched at the time.
It's a big world when you're looking for two little girls.

I have tried to come up with my own way to honor these two girls. I've decided that when I do some Christmas shopping this weekend, I will purchase two gifts that I think Lizzie and Lyric would have liked. There is a church nearby that is still holding a toy drive, and I will donate the two gifts in memory of Lyric and Lizzie.

I know it isn't much, but I just desperately need to do something to acknowledge the passing of these two girls.

What a lovely idea! Will you wrap the gifts in pink?

Speaking of pink, I'm bracing myself to see people attending the funeral(s) dressed in pink. ):

Ok - so if you search for RSOs in the area where the bodies were found. I see an address (mobile home park) that 5---FIVE----RSOs reside at that is between the town they were abducted from and the 7 bridges area.

They live in Denver at Rt 63 (Larabee) and 270....

Can I post the names? I forget the rules on that...

You have two bodies to dump.

Are you going to dump them in a place you know hunters are going to visit, or a game reserve where no hunters ever visit?

I know which I'd choose...so why didn't the perp?

One explanation I can think of is, he was in a hurry and the game reserve was too far to drive to.

Which means he's working to a timeline, which means he's possibly working an alibi.

They may already have questioned him.

All my opinion.

:sick:

Here's another of my crazy ideas... if the girls were taken as a result of something the parents had done, and this was the perp's way of punishing them, and putting myself in his/her/their shoes, if there are really a LOT of places like this (rural, overgrown, mostly used for hunting), and the girls were already deceased when they were "dumped", I'd have separated them and hidden each in a different place.

Maybe they would never be found at all... or maybe ONE would be found, and the family would continue to suffer until/unless the second body was also discovered. I think as soon as any of us heard that there were two bodies, we assumed it was the girls. If LE had only found ONE, there would have been a longer delay in identifying the remains, and there would still be a child to look for. There would be no way to know if she was still alive, (think Shasta Groene) and with the perp, who had disposed of the one he found to be least "desirable" or more "difficult".

I think that there are 3 crime scenes: Meyers' Lake, where they were abducted, the vehicle in which they were transported, and the overgrown area where they were found.

Are the abduction site and recovery site both in the same county? If not, could charges be files by BOTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox