Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/e15e255be4b0a8a15d67b507851807e3
Fears of link between ‘Snapchat killer’ and unsolved double murder of young cousins

March 7, 2017
AUTHORITIES hunting the killer of two young teens near an old railway bridge in Delphi, Indiana, are investigating chilling similarities to the unsolved double murder of two young cousins in 2012.

Abigail “Abby” Williams, 13, and Liberty “Libby” German, 14, were murdered in the woods after a relative dropped them off to walk the Delphi Historic Trails last month.
The case has sent shockwaves through the Delphi community and left residents terrified — not least because of its eerie parallels with the notorious double murder of two other young girls.
Lyric Cook, 10, and her eight-year-old cousin Elizabeth Collins were murdered hundreds of kilometres away in Indiana but similarities between the cases have proven too compelling for investigators to dismiss as coincidence.
Each set of girls were alone on nature trails when they were kidnapped, murdered and left in the woods on the 13th day of the month

After hearing about the Delphi murders, Elizabeth’s father Drew Collins called detectives working on his daughters’ case to make sure it was on their radar. It was.

“I wanted to make sure they were looking at it and they were already ten steps ahead of me, looking at it. They contacted Indiana State Police,” Mr Collins told KWWL.com.
“My heart just breaks for the families. I don’t know what they are going through. I know what I went through and our family went through. It is just very hard, It doesn’t get easier.”
rbbm

I also have a gut feeling these cases are connected. I think that there are strong facial similarities between these pairs of girls.

May they RIP, I cannot even imagine what their loved ones are going through

Apologies if already posted - updated article about the possibility of a link between Elizabeth and Lyric's case and Liberty and Abigail's. I'm keeping an eye out for any news.

"Indiana State Police confirmed to DailyMail.com on Wednesday that detectives working on the two cases had 'compared notes' but that no direct link had yet been found.

'At this time there has not been a connection made to the 2012 deaths in Iowa. We are still early in our investigation,' Sgt. John Perrine said. "

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4akkBHFbX

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 30
[video=twitter;839323818908762112]https://twitter.com/PTJusticeHLN/status/839323818908762112[/video]

One of the Indiana girls was raised in her grandparent's care, the Iowa girls, were in their grandparent's care at the time they went missing.

Lets say there was a connection between the two cases, could the perp be associated in some way with social / legal services that deals with family matters?
Could it be someone who lost custody of his kids, or was himself displaced in some way around the 13th of a month?
complete speculation, imo.

There will be a new news story about Elizabeth/Lyric and Abby/Libby on the KWWL news at 6:00 (central). This is the news local to E and L. They are "digging deeper" as they call it.

There will be a new news story about Elizabeth/Lyric and Abby/Libby on the KWWL news at 6:00 (central). This is the news local to E and L. They are "digging deeper" as they call it.

Thank you if you are able could you please provide us with any new information? It would be much appreciated.

At first I really thought these cases were connected. But now I am not so sure. I think much of the similarities may be sad coincidences. :sigh:

At first I really thought these cases were connected. But now I am not so sure. I think much of the similarities may be sad coincidences. :sigh:

I'm not sure either, but I'm glad LE is looking into the possibility that they are connected. The Delphi killer could also be a copy cat killer of sorts. No one has been arrested in the Iowa case. Maybe the Delphi killer thinks he can get away with murdering 2 kids as well.

Klunder seemed like he would have been a good suspect in the L&L murders and turned out he was not responsible for them.
Thinking then and now, that whatever social dynamics caused him to do what he did, are likely to have produced more kookies from the same bad batch, shaped in slightly different molds.
There are more where those ones came from, imo.it will be interesting to see what the FBI profile of the Indiana perp(s) will look like in comparison to the one created for the one in Lizzie and Lyric's case.
Speculation, imo.

In the era of satellite photos and mapping apps, I am not sure I'm convinced that someone has to have been at a place in order to have familiarity with an area.

Yes, absolutely agree with you.

I think when police say the perp has to have familiarity with an area, they really eliminate a lot of potential suspects. Fact is, the guy could have stumbled across a place, or he could have done research online.

Here is another story from KCRG: http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Dr...ce-makes-killings-even-scarier-415735323.html I'm feeling more discouraged now about a connection. :(

"We would love to solve both cases," said Perrine. “But, at this point, it appears the similarities are coincidence.”

Eta: so my question is, is this assessment based on the fact that they do NOT have anything to positively link the 2 cases, or they DO have something which positively excludes a connection? Hope that made sense. I would guuueees the first one?

I read a comment in a forum that mentioned LE should look into Randy Patrie or Danny Slick, both were present the night Evelyn Miller disappeared and eventually testified against her stepfather, who was charged with her murder and sexual assault and is currently serving time for that.
Randy Patrie is currently incarcerated.

It's eerie how the Indiana girls resemble our Evansdale girls. If the Indiana case isn't involved with this one, I will lose hope. This is getting so frustrating, and I'm actually getting angry. These perverts are getting away with this horror. :facepalm: I don't know what to think anymore.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...cle_05f32fd3-2428-548d-bc15-4f7474befcc0.html
Mar 9, 2017 Updated 7 hrs ago
rbbm.
“We are comparing our case to their unsolved case. We have done that. We have talked with the investigators in Iowa. At this point in our investigation it appears merely coincidental, the similarities in this case, but we don’t believe they are connected at this point,” Sgt. John Perrine with the Indiana State Police said Thursday.

“As of right now, there is no connection,” said Agent Michael Roehrkasse with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation.

“We just compared notes with the investigators. It’s too early in our case to say they are connected. We don’t have any similar evidence. But we’re not ruling it out. We’re not prepared to say yes or no now,” Perrine said.

One of the elements that drew Iowa officials’ attention to the Indiana case was the fact it involved a double abduction.

“Statistically, they are very rare. And that’s one of those reasons that it caught our attention,” Roehrkasse said.

“This case is unique, just like your case is in Iowa is unique, and that’s why people are putting them together,” Perrine said.

Another coincidence?

Elizabeth and Lyric were taken via a private road on the south end away from the park entrance and their bodies were found at another site. Granted, they had to have been driven there.

Abigail and Libby were taken via a private road on the south end away from the park entrance and their bodies were found at another site. Granted, they could have been walked there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member