IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Actually Tippy it is the Winnebago that runs past (not even across a street) the Key Apts, and it flows into the Shell Rock which in turn flows into the Cedar. It is part of the Cedar River watershed. The Key Apts property literally abuts the Winnebago, and Jodi's unit was no more than 100 feet from the river bank.

I wonder if JL wound up with the Miata - since if I understand correctly the title was in his name when Jodi disappeared - or if it went to Jodi's estate...

You are right....thank you so much for correcting :)

I thought Jodi's mom ended up with the Miata, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's hard to believe tomorrow will be 25 years since Jodi disappeared.

That must be an address. When I Google distance from Mason City to Cedar River it's another place.

I was wrong. I should know better than to think I can remember without looking it up...LOL

@itsrak corrected me:)

it is the Winnebago that runs past (not even across a street) the Key Apts, and it flows into the Shell Rock which in turn flows into the Cedar.

The Cedar River runs across the street from JH’s apartment building. JL, (owner of the Mazda Miata) owned Fox River at the time.
That must be an address. When I Google distance from Mason City to Cedar River it's another place.
You are right....thank you so much for correcting :)

I thought Jodi's mom ended up with the Miata, but I can't remember off the top of my head.

It's hard to believe tomorrow will be 25 years since Jodi disappeared.
That's a long time.

I was wrong. I should know better than to think I can remember without looking it up...LOL

@itsrak corrected me:)

it is the Winnebago that runs past (not even across a street) the Key Apts, and it flows into the Shell Rock which in turn flows into the Cedar.
That area you were mentioning is probably more relevant to the case. It's so close to the crime scene.

I totally agree. I was hoping DH or AJ would know something and tell it. Not much time left for him though.
If that is DH in those two pizza-party group shots further up the thread, socializing with JH, (near as I can tell it is - kinda weird that no one in the know, like say a Beth Bednar, ever opined publicly on that question (I wonder if that guy Jim from Sioux Falls knew the answer)(I'm sure JH pals Ani Kruse and Tammy Baker know the answer))) then I'd bet the ranch that DH either did it or knows who did.

Last edited:
If that is DH in those two pizza-party group shots further up the thread, socializing with JH, (near as I can tell it is - kinda weird that no one in the know, like say a Beth Bednar, ever opined publicly on that question (I wonder if that guy Jim from Sioux Falls knew the answer)(I'm sure JH pals Ani Kruse and Tammy Baker know the answer))) then I'd bet the ranch that DH either did it or knows who did.
Do you think the murder of Mr. Best was related to JH?

KWWL EXCLUSIVE: New witnesses found in Huisentruit disappearance
An investigative reporter named Steve Ridge has spoken with new and possible valuable witnesses and has passed the info. a long to the proper authorities who he says are actively investigating the case. He won't disclose any more info. than that so as to not compromise the investigation. He says he got into the middle of some delicate situations and secured alot of info. that is not need to be made public.
I just listened to the interview on the news. It is the same as the written article.
ETA-I was really surprised to find this article and see the interview on the news.

Last edited:
KWWL EXCLUSIVE: New witnesses found in Huisentruit disappearance
An investigative reporter named Steve Ridge has spoken with new and possible valuable witnesses and has passed the info. a long to the proper authorities who he says are actively investigating the case. He won't disclose any more info. than that so as to not compromise the investigation. He says he got into the middle of some delicate situations and secured alot of info. that is not need to be made public.
I just listened to the interview on the news. It is the same as the written article.
ETA-I was really surprised to find this article and see the interview on the news.
Interesting. Ridge had previously predicted the case would be solved by the 25th anniversary of the case. That didn't happen. He now says the solving of the case 'is forthcoming'. So basically the news is: predicted resolution is delayed. Hope Ridge has something real.

Interesting. Ridge had previously predicted the case would be solved by the 25th anniversary of the case. That didn't happen. He now says the solving of the case 'is forthcoming'. So basically the news is: predicted resolution is delayed. Hope Ridge has something real.
I hope so too. It seems like Steve Ridges name comes up pretty often. Are his investigations usually considered to be very accurate?

June 26 2020
REMEMBERING JODI: 25 years later, friends remember missing morning anchor
"It's something we need to do for Jodi," Merbach said. "That makes it emotional, but its something that we have to do and need to do and want to do."

Friends and family of Jodi, including Merbach and Wolfram, will remember Jodi in a memorial in Mason City Saturday afternoon.

The FindJodi.com team asks people to leave a light on for Jodi to help remember and honor her. You can do that by leaving a porch light on or lighting a candle and sharing photos on social media with the #LightsForJodi.''

I get so frustrated with this case. I know it's easy to say when you're not LE or an investigator, but I feel like this should be solvable.
Mason City PD doesn't really want to solve it - the 2/15/20 Up & Vanished show makes that clear, showing MCPD failed to even look into a former City Manager who is a stalker. And this article from 4 years ago also highlights the problems. Retiring state representative says Bookmeyer, other Mason City officials stonewalled him in Huisentruit investigation

Who is responsible for the disappearance and presumed murder of Jodi Huisentruit?
Incomplete list of potential suspects - feel free to add:

1) Dustin Honken, local drug king and mass murderer whom photos suggest had been socializing with JH
2) John Vansice, who stated he'd been with JH just hours before she disappeared. Were JV and DH acquainted?
3) Tony Jackson, the then Mason City resident who later went on a rape spree in Minneapolis
4) Stalker in the black truck
5) Stalker making the obscene calls JH had mentioned the day before she disappeared
6) Whoever may have killed JH's friend Billy Pruin
7) The Osage business exec from whom Jodi purchased the Mazda Miata she drove
8) The Maria Ohl craziness - one or more individuals associated with the MCPD
9) One of the two young men on the boat JH and AK had boarded in Coralville the weekend before the disappearance
10) The then city employee, Dirk Jablonski, arrested for stalking multiple women in Mason City
11) The driver of the white Ford Econoline van said to have been seen idling in lot before JH disappeared
12) The driver of the vehicle that Key Apts manager stated nearly struck her the morn of JH's disappearance
13) Some random obsessed KIMT viewer

What do you think?

Regarding #9- One of the two young men on the boat JH and girlfriend had boarded in Coralville just days before the disappearance:
Jodi Huisentruit Mystery: video footage reveals new details

Actually Tippy it is the Winnebago that runs past (not even across a street) the Key Apts, and it flows into the Shell Rock which in turn flows into the Cedar. It is part of the Cedar River watershed. The Key Apts property literally abuts the Winnebago, and Jodi's unit was no more than 100 feet from the river bank.

I wonder if JL wound up with the Miata - since if I understand correctly the title was in his name when Jodi disappeared - or if it went to Jodi's estate...

wonder where the car is now ? Could it be retested for clues ?

June 29 2020 rbbm
25 years later: Disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit remains a mystery
''MASON CITY, Iowa (WOWT) -- This weekend, an Iowa cold case is back in the headlines.

640x360_60624P00-ZABDF.jpg

The disappearance of Jodi Huisentruit reached a grim milestone Saturday, June 27, 2020 as it marked 25 years without a suspect being named.
Not because it's been solved -- but because it reached a milestone and has a personal connection.

It's hard to believe Mason City, Iowa police have never named a suspect in the disappearance of my colleague Jodi Huisentruit.

Saturday marked 25 years since her abduction.

Because of the pandemic, the public wasn't invited to the memorial service today outside the North Central Iowa television station.''

“Please don’t let us wait 30 years to solve our case. If you are suspicious of anyone, please notify law enforcement,” said Kelly Boyle, a college classmate of Jodi’s.''

“We know the basics of what happened in the parking lot. But in terms of who is responsible -- it could be a prominent name in the base, but it could easily come from somewhere else. Jodi’s address, apartment number, home phone number were in the Mason City phonebook. The suspect pool is an entire media market,” said Scott Fuller with the Find Jodi Team.''

Following kn

Following on from the Oxygen programme which I thought was very well done overall. They did mention the toilet seat being up, and also that there were beer cans from a beer she didn't drink. Sort of implies male company? I wonder did they collect the beer cans and can they be DNA tested? If someone was there, it may explain why she overslept. But, if that companion was the perp, it seems odd that they would wait until she approached her car to do something? I'm not sure how these things fit together in the narrative.

Maybe she had watched the video of her bday party with her older admirer/friend at his home, like he claims. Maybe she went to her apartment after that, had a gentleman friend over, and perhaps was being watched by this older male friend/admirer. He could've been in parking lot waiting on her to exit on her way to work, and grabbed her out of jealousy from being with another man.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jyquanstewart699
Back