IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Anchorwoman, Mason City, 27 June 1995 #2

Jodi very well could have had a male over for the evening or overnight.
I also have a habit of forgetting to put the toilet seat down after cleaning it....and I'm a female.
IMO, I think the scene mimics abduction.
Years ago, I had an incident happen at my apartment while I was at work. Living on the third floor and having an attic above me, I came home to find peep holes through out my ceiling..noticed because there was white paint chip flakes on my carpet. It turned out to be a maintenance man.
This could have been someone in Jodi's complex or possibly an obsessed news fan.
And no body discovered for 26 years....long time!!
Yes, JVS was on LE's radar and under close scrutiny within hours; I don't think that he would have had time to get rid of Jodi and get rid of evidence.

I do think that Jodi's abductor was most likely a stalker who had seen her on TV.

TDJ might well have been that stalker.

Yes, JVS was on LE's radar and under close scrutiny within hours; I don't think that he would have had time to get rid of Jodi and get rid of evidence. I think I'd disagree that JV would not have had time to get rid of body. I know the Mason City area well. If her body was in his vehicle, he could have dumped body just outside of town in mere minutes, and have come back later to bury it. I also think it conceivable that body could have been kept in trunk for disposal under cover of darkness that evening, if JV's vehicles were not searched that day, which as far as I know they were not. Not to put too much emphasis on JV, because I think that given that she was clearly being actively harassed, a stranger stalker is a good possibility as perp.

I do think that Jodi's abductor was most likely a stalker who had seen her on TV.

TDJ might well have been that stalker. Who is TDJ?

Thx. My understanding is that cops - MN cops? - concluded long ago that TDJ was likely not involved. And a bit odd to perhaps rape and kill a victim and then seemingly de-escalate and revert back to just raping them. Yet, an ex-MN detective associated with findjodi.com - Jay Alberio - seems to continue to have a strong interest in TDJ as a potential perp...
Agree about TDJ as a likely suspect- but there are many many more just like him, imo, so maybe someone out there has not yet come to light. speculation.

Just noting fwiw...
Man charged with stalking The Current's DJ Jade | MPR News
January 14, 2022
''A Minneapolis man is facing felony charges for allegedly stalking a DJ at The Current, MPR News’ sister station.''
''Patrick Henry Kelly, 62, previously pleaded guilty to stalking another on-air personality at the station.''
In 2015, he pleaded guilty to charges of stalking and threatening Current DJ Mary Lucia. ''
Stalking of Minnesota host highlights common but little-discussed threat to female DJs | Current

Women working in local TV news say harassment from viewers gets out of hand - Prism (prismreports.org)

Last edited:
After looking at the evidence photos from CBS 48 hours on this case, I think I can put the case into a bit more perspective.

In my opinion, because I cannot be factually sure, it looks like what happened was Jodi Huisentruit walked out to her car, the 1991 Red Mazda Miata, that morning. It was probably still dark outside. Someone approached her as she put the key into the door to get into the Miata and abducted her. It looks like they dragged her as one of her high heels was found in the parking lot.

It looks like, in my opinion, that she was dragged towards the front of her car into the next row of cars parked in front of hers. The trail of the items Jodi dropped looks to go in this direction(in my opinion). This makes sense if the abductor wanted to park their vehicle close to hers in order to quickly grab her and leave. It also makes sense in that they could wait in their vehicle and have a clearer view of Jodi exiting the apartment complex.

This means that in order for the abductor to grab Jodi he would have to be walking towards her as she was walking towards her Mazda Miata. He probably did not do this until the last second because of the bent car key. This person waited just enough time to approach her and grab her.

None of this changes much about the case. It could still be someone who knew which door Jodi would come out of at the apartment complex as much as it could be someone who was stalking her waiting in the parking lot for her to come out to her car that morning.

If it were indeed a stalker, and it appears like it probably is, in order to pull this off I think the person would want to watch Jodi and get close to her. Maybe this person was following her at the grocery store or whatever other things she might do where parking her car and being watched would not seem suspicious?

It could be anyone Jodi knew or anyone who watched the 6 am news.

After looking at the evidence photos from CBS 48 hours on this case, I think I can put the case into a bit more perspective.

In my opinion, because I cannot be factually sure, it looks like what happened was Jodi Huisentruit walked out to her car, the 1991 Red Mazda Miata, that morning. It was probably still dark outside. Someone approached her as she put the key into the door to get into the Miata and abducted her. It looks like they dragged her as one of her high heels was found in the parking lot.

It looks like, in my opinion, that she was dragged towards the front of her car into the next row of cars parked in front of hers. The trail of the items Jodi dropped looks to go in this direction(in my opinion). This makes sense if the abductor wanted to park their vehicle close to hers in order to quickly grab her and leave. It also makes sense in that they could wait in their vehicle and have a clearer view of Jodi exiting the apartment complex.

This means that in order for the abductor to grab Jodi he would have to be walking towards her as she was walking towards her Mazda Miata. He probably did not do this until the last second because of the bent car key. This person waited just enough time to approach her and grab her.

None of this changes much about the case. It could still be someone who knew which door Jodi would come out of at the apartment complex as much as it could be someone who was stalking her waiting in the parking lot for her to come out to her car that morning.

If it were indeed a stalker, and it appears like it probably is, in order to pull this off I think the person would want to watch Jodi and get close to her. Maybe this person was following her at the grocery store or whatever other things she might do where parking her car and being watched would not seem suspicious?

It could be anyone Jodi knew or anyone who watched the 6 am news.

I'd doubt the assailant approached in plain view from his vehicle. More likely waited in vehicle only until JH's apt lights came on after being awakened by call from KIMT. Then, knowing JH would soon be walking out to vehicle (shown in red in images), moved to hiding spot next to the door to her apartment building. That way, he could sneak up behind her (shown in yellow) as she got to the car.
5bc4be1bbb71d-image-jpg.331224

apartment-660x399-jpg.331225

Attachments

• 5bc4be1bbb71d.image.jpg
    5bc4be1bbb71d.image.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 302
  • apartment-660x399.jpg
    apartment-660x399.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 301
Thanks for the heads up!
Jan 26 2022
A Famous Iowa Cold Case Will Be Featured on 20/20 This Week (khak.com)
''Jodi's disappearance is the focus of a new 20/20 episode that's set to air this Friday night, January 28th. A press release from ABC reports that the episode "explores surprising new leads in the case." Viewers can expect to see "exclusive, extensive access to the Mason City Police Department and the lead investigator on Huisentruit’s case, Terrance Prochaska," as well as the first national TV interview with a former suspect and serial rapist Tony Jackson, a ride-along that retraces Jodi's steps, an investigation into a lead that involves a buried freezer, and other exclusive interviews.''

''Titled ‘Gone at Dawn,' Jodi's 20/20 episode will air Friday, January 28th at 8 p.m. on ABC. It will also be available to watch the following day on the streaming service Hulu. You can read more of Jodi's case and the ongoing investigation on the Iowa Cold Cases website HERE.''

Thanks for the heads up!
Jan 26 2022
A Famous Iowa Cold Case Will Be Featured on 20/20 This Week (khak.com)
''Jodi's disappearance is the focus of a new 20/20 episode that's set to air this Friday night, January 28th. A press release from ABC reports that the episode "explores surprising new leads in the case." Viewers can expect to see "exclusive, extensive access to the Mason City Police Department and the lead investigator on Huisentruit’s case, Terrance Prochaska," as well as the first national TV interview with a former suspect and serial rapist Tony Jackson, a ride-along that retraces Jodi's steps, an investigation into a lead that involves a buried freezer, and other exclusive interviews.''

''Titled ‘Gone at Dawn,' Jodi's 20/20 episode will air Friday, January 28th at 8 p.m. on ABC. It will also be available to watch the following day on the streaming service Hulu. You can read more of Jodi's case and the ongoing investigation on the Iowa Cold Cases website HERE.''
Be interesting to see if any of Steve Ridge's stuff is mentioned.

I was suspicious of JV early on, but the more I look at the case the more I believe this was the work of a stalker. Probably a moot point about JV as he has Alzheimers now. The Oxygen Channel covered the case some time back but the guy covering the case lost his temper outside JV's house. I don't believe that was good for the case or Oxygen.

Nothing new, just a reminder.
January 27, 2022
’20/20′ to feature Jodi Huisentruit case; Minnesota native apparently abducted in 1995 – Twin Cities
''The TV show “20/20” on Friday will feature the 1995 disappearance of Mason City, Iowa, television news anchor Jodi Huisentruit.''
''A news release from ABC says the show features Mason City Police Department investigator Terrance Prochaska, who was assigned to the case in 2010, and includes a “ride-along, tracing Huisentruit’s steps the night before her disappearance.”
The show airs at 8 p.m.''
Jan 27 2022
Jodi Huisentruit: Found or Missing? Is She Dead or Alive? Who Killed Her? (thecinemaholic.com)
jodi-2.jpg

'' John passed a polygraph test, and nothing tied him to the kidnapping, ruling him out as a suspect.
Over the years, the case has received considerable attention, with a group of journalists and former police officers setting up a website by the name of FindJodi. They believed a serial rapist, Tony Jackson, who lived in the area in June 1995, should have been considered a person of interest. However, the police have maintained there was no tangible evidence tying him to Jodi’s case, and Tony also claimed to have nothing to do with it.''

Last edited:
Did I hear it right that detective Prochaska said he believes he has the person that did this in his sights? I was wondering about one thing: the toilet seat being up: Women know that no woman would ever keep a toilet seat up: that means that a man was in Jody's apartment. Does this have anything to do with this case or is it a coincidence that a man was in her apartment, most likely the night/ morning she was taken. I have always thought JV was the one who took her and murdered her, but now, I am not quite as sure. I don't think it was the black-guy rapist--- Just thinking out loud

The show was well done, i like how they kept Jodi at the forefront as a vital, beloved human being as opposed to just another victim.
At this point thinking that there is no shortage of potential stalkers known or otherwise, and that one of them grabbed Jodi.

The scene at her car really spoke volumes that an abduction had taken place, any chance the killer staged that and her apartment too ie two glasses, toilet lid up etc?
speculation, imo.

The show was well done, i like how they kept Jodi at the forefront as a vital, beloved human being as opposed to just another victim.
At this point thinking that there is no shortage of potential stalkers known or otherwise, and that one of them grabbed Jodi.

The scene at her car really spoke volumes that an abduction had taken place, any chance the killer staged that and her apartment too ie two glasses, toilet lid up etc?
speculation, imo.

Yes, the show was very well done- it was riveting actually. I wonder if the person who took her was actually in her apartment--- that is why (perhaps) she was late getting to work. So the person from work called her and she had to get ready to go to work: she tells the guy she is going to work: he doesn't like it- he wants her to stay with him. She says she is going, gets ready (barely) as she had her hair dryer with her when she left her apartment. Could this guy have followed her out of the apartment at which point there was a struggle and he abducted her. It seems the prevailing theory is that the person was waiting for her outside but am just thinking out loud.

Yes, the show was very well done- it was riveting actually. I wonder if the person who took her was actually in her apartment--- that is why (perhaps) she was late getting to work. So the person from work called her and she had to get ready to go to work: she tells the guy she is going to work: he doesn't like it- he wants her to stay with him. She says she is going, gets ready (barely) as she had her hair dryer with her when she left her apartment. Could this guy have followed her out of the apartment at which point there was a struggle and he abducted her. It seems the prevailing theory is that the person was waiting for her outside but am just thinking out loud.
Agree, had also wondered if somebody was in the apt. and did not want Jodi to leave and stopped her from going to work. Can actually imagine that because as young woman i had a b.friend who would try to stop me leaving for work- years later found out he had done the same thing to others- tried to make them late for work whatajerk!
If that happened in JH's case, then i would think of a control freak who is jealous of her job. imo, speculation.

Agree, had also wondered if somebody was in the apt. and did not want Jodi to leave and stopped her from going to work. Can actually imagine that because as young woman i had a b.friend who would try to stop me leaving for work- years later found out he had done the same thing to others- tried to make them late for work whatajerk!
If that happened in JH's case, then i would think of a control freak who is jealous of her job. imo, speculation.

At this point, 27 years later, all we can do is speculate. I am so hoping and praying they find the person who took Jodi and most likely killed her.

So the video
Watch 20/20 Season 44 Episode 13 Gone at Dawn Online
is certainly well worth watching.

Some interesting stuff regarding Pruin. Some good detail about the timeline on the eve of JH's disappearance. Interview of serial rapist Tony whateverhisnameis, but they don't even ask the guy about rumours that he'd been trying to meet JH. Interesting interview of Mower County sheriff in which he notes that he was at one point convinced that Corscadden was the perp. Nothing at all about Steve Ridge's stuff, nothing at all about the Miata transaction. Nothing about Jerry Burns, recently convicted of '79 murder of Michelle Martinko. No mention of the recently surfaced fling JH had been in a week or two prior to her disappearance

The key part is at the end. Prochaska: 'I have a person that I believe is responsible for Jodi's disappearance', and won't disclose identity until he's 'ready to put the cuffs on....'

My read is that he thinks it is JV. Because if he knows who the perp is and it isn't JV, he probably wouldn't have thrown shade on JV during the show concerning JV's having 'passed' (according to JV) two lie detector tests....

If it was JV, reflects really poorly on MCPD, because they shoulda been able to nail that dipstick in a matter of a few days...

Last edited:
So the video
Watch 20/20 Season 44 Episode 13 Gone at Dawn Online
is certainly well worth watching.

Some interesting stuff regarding Pruin. Some good detail about the timeline on the eve of JH's disappearance. Interview of serial rapist Tony whateverhisnameis, but they don't even ask the guy about rumours that he'd been trying to meet JH. Interesting interview of Mower County sheriff in which he notes that he was at one point convinced that Corscadden was the perp. Nothing at all about Steve Ridge's stuff, nothing at all about the Miata transaction. Nothing about Jerry Burns, recently convicted of '79 murder of Michelle Martinko. No mention of the recently surfaced fling JH had been in a week or two prior to her disappearance

The key part is at the end. Prochaska: 'I have a person that I believe is responsible for Jodi's disappearance', and won't disclose identity until he's 'ready to put the cuffs on....'

My read is that he thinks it is JV. Because if he knows who the perp is and it isn't JV, he probably wouldn't have thrown shade on JV during the show concerning JV's having 'passed' (according to JV) two lie detector tests....

If it was JV, reflects really poorly on MCPD, because they shoulda been able to nail that dipstick in a matter of a few days...

If it is JV he better hurry with those cuffs as JV is allegedly suffering
from dementia. If that is true, he could be progressing to a point of
being unable to comprehend being arrested, and/or progressing towards
death. I have always believed it was JV, but of course I could be wrong!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back