IA IA - Marc Allen, 13, Des Moines, 29 March 1986

Have they said what they believe happened to Marc after his mom last saw him? How far a long did he make it to his intended destination and how long was the walk?

I'm thinking there's a good chance it was the same perpetrator for all three but the time of day and the reason for being outside are significant that it makes the connection less obvious. With Johnny and Eugene, the person(s) knew that a paperboy would be out during that time. With Marc, it was less predictable.

How far in distance are the areas from which Johnny, Eugene and Mark disappeared from? The perp could have been watching Mark for a while

How far in distance are the areas from which Johnny, Eugene and Mark disappeared from? The perp could have been watching Mark for a while

I'm not sure they know the true abduction points or at least, they haven't released them. Marc was last seen by his mom on the street he resided. The locations for Johnny and Eugene are from their Charley Project pages and they are alleged sightings from witnesses.

southwest Emma Avenue - Marc

42nd Street and Marcourt Lane - Johnny

southwest 12th street and Highview Drive - Eugene

I'm not familiar with the areas but this is what Google Maps today tells me. The addresses I used for Johnny and Eugene puts them about 14 miles apart. The address I used for Marc puts the location close to Eugene. Again, I'm not sure on the accuracy.

I wonder if the specific paper routes are available somewhere online. Also, how many paperboys would be out in the area during that early morning.

Marc and Johnny

Marc and Eugene

Johnny and Eugene

I just read Marc's info on the Charley Project. Does anyone know what city in MN Marc's dad lived in back in 1986? Was the father ever followed up on to see if he had taken Marc?

I believe it says that he moved back and forth between his parents' homes. Have to wonder if he didn't decide to hitchhike to dad's house and was picked up by the wrong person.

My thoughts are someone connected with the newspaper is connected to these cases as who else would have information on these boys, the routes they delivered, and the times they delivered

Good point. Was anyone who worked for the paper ever investigated-also, what about the person that assigned the routes?

Maybe LE just figured he ran away or the dad took him? I don't understand why else this case has had so little attention, especially when 2 boys the same age also disappeared in the same area.
Sounds like his parents had a lot of issues...

"On February 9, 1972, Nancy married Mark Allen and, taking Nichole, moved with Allen to Duluth, Minnesota. On May 13, 1972, a son, James Warren Allen II, was born to Nancy and Mark. That stormy marriage involved drugs, quarrels, violence, and suicide threats. "

source: http://law.justia.com/cases/iowa/supreme-court/1975/2-57662-0.html

Maybe LE just figured he ran away or the dad took him? I don't understand why else this case has had so little attention, especially when 2 boys the same age also disappeared in the same area.
Sounds like his parents had a lot of issues...

"On February 9, 1972, Nancy married Mark Allen and, taking Nichole, moved with Allen to Duluth, Minnesota. On May 13, 1972, a son, James Warren Allen II, was born to Nancy and Mark. That stormy marriage involved drugs, quarrels, violence, and suicide threats. "

source: http://law.justia.com/cases/iowa/supreme-court/1975/2-57662-0.html
Well, It doesn't seem too strange then that Marc could've run away... and if he did I wonder where he is. There are so many possibilities in these cases it almost seems impossible to know where to start. It is really strange that this case received almost NO coverage. I think Marc's mother said that the police were hesitant to do an investigation because then parents would start to be afraid to let there children deliver newspapers, go out, etc. If that's the case, then it really is a shame. A huge one.

Well, It doesn't seem too strange then that Marc could've run away... and if he did I wonder where he is. There are so many possibilities in these cases it almost seems impossible to know where to start. It is really strange that this case received almost NO coverage. I think Marc's mother said that the police were hesitant to do an investigation because then parents would start to be afraid to let there children deliver newspapers, go out, etc. If that's the case, then it really is a shame. A huge one.

https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/marc-allen/

Has more details on what you said about LE being hesitant, Marc's last known whereabouts, etc. From 2010.

Bumping

Marc Allen

NCMC1053047c1.jpg

Missing Since - Mar 29, 1986

Missing From - Des Moines, IA

DOB - May 13, 1972

Age Now - 46

Sex - Male

Race - White

Hair Color - Brown

Eye Color - Blue

Height - 5'0"

Weight - 85 lbs

Age Progressed

NCMC1053047e1.jpg

Marc's photo is shown age-progressed to 43 years. He was last seen leaving his home is Des Moines, Iowa, on March 29, 1986. He was on his way to a friend's home, but never arrived. The last time he was seen, Marc was wearing a light blue t-shirt, blue jean shorts, white socks, and gray tennis shoes.

Have you seen this child?

Marc James Allen - NamUs #MP5790

Missing Person Case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member