Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
... or the burglary call on July 16th, which was on the same street as Mollie's BF house, and only just up the road.

Agreed. I’m not sure why this isn’t a huge discussion on this thread. Haven’t heard any arguments that make it irrelevant. My town is 2,500 people and we just don’t have vandalism and burglary happen in a couple days without law enforcement high alert. In fact, rarely rarely happens. To me, there was signs of bad activity in the town leading up to the disappearance.

Does anyone know if they caught the vandals of the true value hardware store? What that entailed? In a small town these things just don’t happen. Burglaries and vandals get caught as small towns are full of friends and family and close knit usually. Vandals are trouble makers and could this be linked? I’d like to know I’d that true value was ever vandalized before or anything in town leading up to the disappearance in terms of criminal activity. Robberies, houses being broke into, vandalism. Ragbrai wasn’t too far from this area either. How many ragbrai people stayed in the neighborhoods of Brooklyn? This seems like somethjng investigators should be asking. These people come from all over the state and out of state.

I believe it was a broken window--small break, I think. As far as I know, no one caught.

"WC are initials of the pig farmer who has been brought in for questioning and had his property searched in connection with Mollie's disappearance. Police have not named him as a person of interest."

Are we allowed to call him the pig farmer? I will switch to calling him WC if not.
He's not a pig farmer, he sold his farm. I would say it's best to stick to his initials:).

I wish we knew about what the state of the inside of the house was like. We know that the dogs were in the basement, but was the TV left on? Was the floor wet in the bathroom as if she had just showered (maybe post jog), did it seem like she had just cooked? This information would clear up a lot of questions I have in my head. Is there any other information about *inside* the house that we know other than the dogs were in the basement, and there was evidence she was doing homework on her computer?

Just a thought... some seemed to find the father’s comments as odd. With his gut feeling that she was being held by someone she knew and all. Is it possible the FBI coached him on what to say? Trying to make the culprit believe they weren’t on to him and buy Mollie more time? If they do have a suspect or POI, and he didnt know Mollie prior, it might cause him to relax about being caught immediately and causing him to do something rash. Even more rash tan abduction, I should say. MMO

If there's someone that does NOT believe virtually every media event is coached, rehearsed, et al - I'd love to sell you some ocean front property in Arizona! :)

I can't believe we're up to thread #18 already and we have no info really.

Welcome all newbies!!!

We do have some information, and I think we can build on that. Tempting as it may be come up with scenarios that are not related to what we know, if we ensure that we include what we know in any scenario, we might figure out what really happened faster.

We know that:
  • Mollie's jogging clothing and devices are missing
  • she was seen running East on Pershing towards the Funeral Home
  • she was seen at the Funeral Home
  • she typically picks up the car at her mom's house before dark
  • she went for a run at 7:30
  • a digital signal led police to the Guernsey farm area
Please feel free to add to this list of what we do know.

We don't know if any of her belongings were found near the hog farm of WC, correct?

If they were, and you could count on people in general, being routine in habit. Then would it be in the realm of possibility that the items were dropped at a half way point between the scene of the crime and the area where MT may be?

I wish we knew about what the state of the inside of the house was like. We know that the dogs were in the basement, but was the TV left on? Was the floor wet in the bathroom as if she had just showered (maybe post jog), did it seem like she had just cooked? This information would clear up a lot of questions I have in my head. Is there any other information about *inside* the house that we know other than the dogs were in the basement, and there was evidence she was doing homework on her computer?

I don't know any of this--but I'm guessing that the TV was off--just because that would have been so strange/downright creepy, that I can't imagine it not being mentioned.

We don't know if any of her belongings were found near the hog farm of WC, correct?

If they were, and you could count on people in general, being routine in habit Then would it be in the realm of possibility that the items were dropped at a half way point between the scene of the crime and the area where MT may be?

My understanding is that nothing was found during the search of the hog farm.
Not sure about near it.

I was away for several days and that info may have changed

The snapchat may have been taken in WC House? Is this why investigators took pictures of the inside of his house? Were they trying to match the time of the pings from the cell towers and could it be that the snap matches the time stamp of the last ping from her phone and then destroyed.

Welcome all new members~ it is great to have such diverse ideas and opinions!

After hanging around web sleuths, I'd say, "truth really is stranger than fiction" and every case is different. Years later I can admit I still learn so much from each one and also from many of you who contribute special knowledge and talents. If you stick around long enough you will eventually find that you have insight to add that you never knew possible.
Here we can share ideas, frustration, sadness and occasionally witness victory for the families and victims of crimes. The saddest part is that these cases never end. Just when you think you have seen the worst in mankind, it gets worse. It's common and healthy to take a break from these threads when needed.

Alas, I want to extend a big thank you! to law enforcement, first responders, searchers, and all of those who sacrifice to bring our loved ones and missing home! It takes special people to do these jobs!

JMO

Her mom seemed to speak frankly last week, revealing certain things LE would not. I doubt very much they are being “coached”. I doubt they know much more than we do. Especially if all the people close to Molie are being investigated. Jmo

This is somewhat OT, especially if it seems that she disappeared during her run, but for those of you in/from small towns where people don't lock their doors--do you not lock them overnight, either? Or when you leave the home? I'm a city gal (well, suburbanite, at least), and our house is locked up tight during the day, whether we're home or not, and we have a security alarm on at night. I cannot fathom leaving the house unlocked while I'm at home sleeping. Even out in the country, that would totally creep me out. And staying at the house alone? I guess having large dogs in the house makes people feel safer, but I wouldn't even count on that.

ETA--I don't usually bother locking my car's doors when it's in the driveway, but my sister's husband recently found a man in their minivan in their driveway, looking for something to steal, so now I'm even a little more careful about locking my car doors as well!

I don't know any of this--but I'm guessing that the TV was off--just because that would have been so strange/downright creepy, that I can't imagine it not being mentioned.

I agree. The fact that they don't seem to be focusing on the house as the scene of an abduction tells me that everything there was as expected.

I’ve been waiting to be able to post on here. But my theory for the past couple of days is that she asked a friend for a ride to get her car from her moms (don’t know who that could be, maybe someone she only has contact with, that nobody knows about). Maybe something occurred during their drive and the person did something or took her somewhere else. If they don’t know for sure that she was out running and know for sure that nothing happened in the house. My thoughts are she left voluntarily, she left to go to work and was approached, she asked for a ride, or she opened the door to someone she knew and they took her.

I could only see her doing this in the morning when it was raining or someone coming along while she was on her way to get the car and they offered first. I'm sorta lazy and I would walk a mile to go get a car rather than asking someone to come drive me a mile if I was the only one home. If the housemates were there, then I wouldn't mind asking

This is somewhat OT, especially if it seems that she disappeared during her run, but for those of you in/from small towns where people don't lock their doors--do you not lock them overnight, either? Or when you leave the home? I'm a city gal (well, suburbanite, at least), and our house is locked up tight during the day, whether we're home or not, and we have a security alarm on at night. I cannot fathom leaving the house unlocked while I'm at home sleeping. Even out in the country, that would totally creep me out. And staying at the house alone? I guess having large dogs in the house makes people feel safer, but I wouldn't even count on that.
I grew up in a fairly rural, small town. My mother *always* locked our doors at night and put the alarm on, because her biggest fear was something happening to her kids. But, during the day, the doors were left unlocked. Growing up, all of my friends' houses doors were unlocked at all hours. I think people feel that living in the middle of nowhere nothing will happen, but in my opinion it's more scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oOoJodieoOo