Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie talked to her dad 3 hrs before she went missing? Normal or not that’s a LONG time to talk to your Father. Geez most men don’t like to talk more than 15min. . .

I thought the same. Talking to your dad for three hours when everything is great in your life (and his?) ... Not impossible, but certainly not typical ... Think this will end up like the Maura Murray story, where at first the missing person is described as near-perfect in every way, and then later information leaks out and the public learns about serious problems going on behind the scenes?

I hope that's not what is going on.

Is anyone else having trouble with the findingmollie.iowa.gov site with the bubble around 385th Avenue? I click on it but there is nothing that opens?

the last two pop ups won't open for me. That website is embarrassing. Circa 1999.

Hopefully this post will not get deleted, as my last one was. I'll try to articulate the points I made in the deleted post in such a way that it does not offend anybody.

1) In cases like this that go unsolved for a period of time it seems reasonable to consider the possibility that the person or people involved might have some connection to law enforcement.

2) The Golden State killer is one of many examples of numerous unsolved murders and rapes in which there was ample evidence of 'selective blindness' in the investigation, in fact those many cases could have been solved quickly simply by judging all facts on their merit.

3) The case mentioned in the deleted post yesterday involved a newscaster in that region who disappeared. The police chief in that town had returned from serving in Vietnam and quickly gotten a job as a police officer in an area that seems to have then had a number of unsolved crimes. I don't know if the numbers are statistically significant but there are several websites about it. He then went on to become police chief in the town where the newscaster would soon disappear, and was fired shortly after that. A female police officer in that town voiced suspicions that some local police in that town could have been involved with kidnapping the newscaster, but the police who she accused were active, and successful, in discrediting her. It is not clear what the facts are, a person should do their own research.

4) There have been, and are, many areas where police are dominated by a small circle of people with military backgrounds who preside over an area where there have been an unusual number of certain crimes. In Suffolk county of course the now jailed police chief was not hired out of the military, but that area was known for large circles of a certain kind of former military type. I am not against the military and certainly not against Vietnam vets, but neither am I a young guy who ignores realities. Some of the best people I've known were Vietnam vets, for whatever reason, I think those people learned a lot. Also some of the most dangerous people I have known were from that era. Is there a similar police culture in the area where this girl disappeared? I don't know. Is it wrong or offensive to ask? Is it okay to subtly accuse numerous people who almost certainly were not involved but then to avoid merely considering the possibility that the abductor could be from a group more likely to be involved?

5) As far as I know there is no firm evidence, nor even any indication, that justifies accusing anybody who has been mentioned as a suspect in this case. The same applies to my comment that a police officer might have been involved. There is no evidence, one way or another. to accuse anybody. But if a person wants to examine facts, rather than simply have the social experience of gossiping about a crime, examining facts should equally apply to all groups of people, and not just those who are not able to defend themselves.

Was some effort made to identify which police vehicles might have been in that area, at that time, and to look for evidence in those vehicles?

I just can't get over LE not telling the public what to look out for. Did they not want to panic Brooklyn, Iowa? That they tell us the list now a month after the fact only puts them under more shade. They're *law enforcement*. I have a lot of respect for the courage & intelligence it takes to be LE. So, given the above, I can only conclude that the original POI(s) LE had did not pan out. --Either not pan out or still panning out, & this is strategic. What's the holes in my theory?? Where's any middle ground? Why did LE wait? Anyone?
They are at a dead end with gathering enough evidence to make an arrest on their suspect/suspects ?

the last two pop ups won't open for me. That website is embarrassing. Circa 1999.
It's not working for me either. I can see three sites, but the last two are blank.

Very interesting to read everyone's reactions to the PC.

Did anyone else catch the bit about looking for someone who was around Brooklyn that evening? I don't remember the exact wording, but I took that to mean as someone who maybe was around Brooklyn during the day but generally not in the evenings. Maybe someone who works in town but lives nearby?

I also had the feeling that perhaps they do have someone very specific in mind and that person has someone close to them that is being called out on behavior changes and encouraged to contact the website. Perhaps they have already spoken to the close person who gave some indication of knowing something but wouldn't go into specifics.

The maps are intriguing. The emphasis on those particular hours is interesting.

I don't think the outcome of this is good at this point.
MOO
"Likely has familiarity with area"
I was wondering about disabling a fitbit. The perp may have thrown the fitbit and phone in a creek or body of water near the hog farm. He would want to minimize his touch DNA and hair/fiber transfer so water would make sense. Fitbits are water resistant but not waterproof. If the fitbit was thrown in water it may have functioned for a number of hours. I'm not sure about the phone. They may have seen fitbit data showing a few pauses at certain locations, hence areas of interest.
Yes, like maybe the carwash.

May have already been posted but wow, Mr. Needle's (SharonNeedles?) ride-around videos are even more eerie (and sad) now. If they suspect something occurred at or around D&M Car Wash, then that was EXACTLY his route into town (I remember seeing it as he was in route to the general store), and also what would've likely been pig farmer's and many other out-of-towners' routes into town.

JMO.

I do not think the word "recovery" on the website was an accident. LE wouldn't make an error using that word.
The site says "he" and "recovery". I think they have their sites on a man and know she is deceased. The perp will get the message.

Good point. But I'm still unclear on the terms of the reward. Can someone point that out for me? Is it safe return only, or leads to an arrest and conviction of a guilty party?

I understood it to be a reward for recovery of Mollie. LE wants her back, dead or alive and the money isn't tied to a conviction. The increased reward plus the website will likely lead to national news coverage which starts in 4 minutes, Central time.

https://findingmollie.iowa.gov/

Is anyone else having trouble with the findingmollie.iowa.gov site with the bubble around 385th Avenue? I click on it but there is nothing that opens?

That one opens for me, but 2 others do not.

No more than they are disappointed in not finding Mollie.
They're professionals paid to solve things. The onus is on them, and equating their possible sentiments to that of the public seems feels a bit disingenuous.

This video is from the first page. Would someone watch in slow motion and zoom in and tell me if those back windows are tinted, painted or have drapes on them. The time is between 2:49 and 3:18 Is this what is called an extended cab when talking about a truck like this? thank you in advance

I added in the four locations I saw mentioned in this thread if it helps anyone to visualize. Possible Eye Witness Sightings of MT - Google My Maps

Hopefully I got everything right. I'll be back later if anything needs editing.

There aren't any sightings on E Des Moines, E Pershing, E Green or Pleasant? One of those could take Mollie down Boundary St and that looks like one of the less-overlooked places in the town?

Or, it may join the list...Maura, Amy, Natalee, Brian, Brandon, Lauren, thousands .. never found

I really believe her remains will be found. One positive about living in the Midwest is that between farmers bringing in crops, deer/turkey hunters in the Fall and mushroom hunters in the Spring, a LOT of people are eventually found and often times found quickly. With our states all in a state of financial crisis, roadsides are not mowed but once or twice a year and there is still a chance that she is hidden in high grass somewhere. Nothing else good may come from this, but I am pretty confident that her remains will be located. :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500