Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree with this, even though I do get that feeling to some extent/on some days. I find it highly plausible and not too “CSI television drama” to believe that they for what ever the reason they could be leaning strongly in the direction of a certain individual(s)or have a hunch without a lot to go on and just need a final solid piece of something...anything, that’ll help them nail it down and formally name them as a suspect. Wishful thinking on my part perhaps.

I suppose it is possible, but the actions of LE don't support this. If you have a POI you don't ask for the broad types of information they have asked for. Changes in routine, increased alcohol use, or signs of a lack of sleep are things that help when you identify someone. Not things you ask when you already have someone in mind.

They aren't going to go "Oh, Billy Bob was our suspect all along, but now that we know he got a car wash and a haircut we can get an arrest warrant." Those types of things don't seal the deal, they help identify someone suspicious. To seal the deal they would look through bank records, digital footprints, get search warrants for home/vehicle/office, etc. so that they could find hard evidence. If they are still asking for the identifying information as opposed to hard evidence that is an indication they do not have a POI.

And for the record, Billy Bob is a generic name I picked. I'm not identifying a particular person.

Iowa's annual bike ride known as RAGBRAI went fairly close to Brooklyn about a week after the 18th....literally thousands of cyclists.

Also what about package delivery services...know area well, drive into and out of of and no one would bat an eye at a Delivery truck even into early evening. Most of my packages say delivery by 8 pm

Iowa's annual bike ride known as RAGBRAI went fairly close to Brooklyn about a week after the 18th....literally thousands of cyclists.

Also what about package delivery services...know area well, drive into and out of of and no one would bat an eye at a Delivery truck even into early evening. Most of my packages say delivery by 8 pm
Package delivery services. Good thought!

I think we need to think local. From yesterdays' presser:

“It is possible that Mollie came into contact with someone who has caused her harm,” Mortvedt said.

Mortvedt went on to say that a person involved in Tibbetts’ disappearance may not be a member of the community member but is likely familiar with the community.

Authorities launch website dedicated to finding Mollie Tibbetts

What about someone that either works at or goes to the highschool in Brooklyn (BGM) but lives outside of Brooklyn? Doesn’t it serve 3 towns?

From the PC, "We are asking everyone to reflect back on the days prior to disappearance in hopes of recalling details about any persons or vehicles in the area," says Mitch Mortvet of the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation.“

So they must have reason to believe that someone came in days prior and cased the town.

Here is a pic of D&M that is hopefully clearer. I highlighted what I think are cameras.

eCSc.png

other than a hit and run/dump (ugh honestly talking out this happening to such a lovely person just really messes with me , this is just so screwed up ) , what other incidents would necessitate cleaning a vehicle?

From the PC, "We are asking everyone to reflect back on the days prior to disappearance in hopes of recalling details about any persons or vehicles in the area," says Mitch Mortvet of the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation.“

So they must have reason to believe that someone came in days prior and cased the town.
Or noticed Mollie jogging and returned.

"We are interested in a car wash and a truck stop. "

Humans are visual creatures. Humans need a few details.

If I walked into LE today and said, "I think I saw something at a drugstore,"
do you think LE would leave it at that?
They would ask, " Description? Color of vehicle? Old, young? What did you see?"
If I had no details, they would ignore my report. Oh, they might drive by. That's it.

You also have a NAPA store which, if it is like the one in my small town, sees a lot of frequent "runners." Guys who solely drive a car for the purpose of going to the local NAPA to pick up parts to take back to their mechanic shops.

Could be other, similar, businesses, where people drive in frequently to pick things up.

This could mean someone who has a reason to come to Brooklyn but does not live there. So does Brooklyn have any kind of business that would draw people to come there to work but not live there? A family member they visit often? What else?
It does make you wonder if it's someone that frequents the area around the same time in the evening as well. Is this someone who had seen Mollie out running prior? I keep coming back to a calculated move so it leads me to believe this person WAS in fact familiar with the town and had seen Mollie at some point or knew of her routine. Of course, this is MOO

LE prompting for information of who may have cleaned their vehicle on the 18th/19th at an unusual time, in coincidence with also noting they are interested in who may have used the D & M Car Wash might lead folks in to thinking only of who used the car wash. LE should have clarified their prompting also includes for someone who may have cleaned their vehicle in their driveway/street. It's a simple point but I believe it should have been emphasized in Monday's presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86