Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an earlier thread we checked hunting season timing and nothing is currently in season for legal hunting. Local farms do lease out hunting rights but nothing about hunting connection has surfaced in MSM for this case. However, local reports from as far away as Iowa City have reported that local delivery from UPS/FedEx are being outsourced to unmarked vans/delivery trucks and drivers don't wear typical uniforms. One woman in Iowa City said she wouldn't open her door for a package as the person had no uniform and was in an unmarked rental truck. The article I saw from DM Register explained that rural routes are more typically outsourced and so its not unusual to have an unmarked van or truck show up in your driveway to deliver a package. I would think that on any given day that there would be at least a few of these trucks in the County delivering packages. Also if locals are used to these unmarked vans and trucks delivering their packages they probably wouldn't think twice about opening the door to one of these people. Some in an earlier thread posted about the avg. income in Brooklyn and based on that I am not sure if they are active users of home delivery for food and supplies but I might be wrong.
Hunters wouldn't be hunting now, but they know roads and properties and terrain better than even the farmers sometimes. Plus they have firearms. It would just be something on my radar. But yes, delivery people would know the back roads, too!

I could see that more if it was a parent of someone she was babysitting for, but I don't think it would be a random middle aged person.

Why not? A normal guy with a good life... Not his first time, craves risk. There are tens of thousands of unsolved cases... The drug addled transient isn't the usual suspect...

i remember a story were a couple stole and girl and locked her below the bed and the basement for years, she was there slave, and after 5 years they let her see her family, and then she returned on own will but cops and family followed her in there, it happened in the early nineties was on dateline or some show like that

She was asked in the morning if she needed a ride. Normally, Dalton or his brother/fiancé would have been home, so she wouldn’t have necessarily needed one.
a
I think of work rides as usually being set up the night prior so as to arrive on time. Furthermore, no response from her should have raised an early flag?
I am in the same camp. My day is usually planned a day ahead. I don't' like last minute changes or sudden changes and I certainly am not always available at any given time. I am not privy to her daily coming and going schedule/drives or rides and maybe it is a mute point. Just haven't seen anything that fits or explains why someone would ask nearly at or after the fa
ct.

She was asked in the morning if she needed a ride. Normally, Dalton or his brother/fiancé would have been home, so she wouldn’t have necessarily needed one.
a
I think of work rides as usually being set up the night prior so as to arrive on time. Furthermore, no response from her should have raised an early flag?
I am in the same camp. My day is usually planned a day ahead. I don't' like last minute changes or sudden changes and I certainly am not always available at any given time. I am not privy to her daily comming and going schedule/drives or rides and maybe it is a mute point. Just haven't seen anything that fits or explains why someone would ask nearly at or after the fa
ct.

This just got me thinking about one thing that's always puzzled me. Mollie is staying alone and shares a car with her brother, she needs that car to get to work. Brother texts Mollie about car and she doesn't respond and no one bats an eye. She needs that car, she can't get to work without it so why didn't that raise some concern? But that's because I've always assumed Mollie's brother and family knew she was staying alone in the house. But if they didn't know that changes things and it suddenly made sense when you posted that it was normal for her not to need the car, which means her brother didn't know she was alone in the house. Her brother must have assumed Mollie didn't respond because she was using DJ's truck.

I can't imagine the additional torment they are going through as they look back on those events.

Hoping that she's found SOON - and that the healing on all accounts can begin for Mollie, Family and Friends!!!!

[
I think a somewhat older guy would have a dependable vehicle and also be able to blend into the community - average Joe, good job, goes to church on Sunday. OTOH, a younger guy would blend into her peer group, a friend of a friend or a friend of a relative. Someone who would see her at school or events.

Could it be a much older guy?

This just got me thinking about one thing that's always puzzled me. Mollie is staying alone and shares a car with her brother, she needs that car to get to work. Brother texts Mollie about car and she doesn't respond and no one bats an eye. She needs that car, she can't get to work without it so why didn't that raise some concern? But that's because I've always assumed Mollie's brother and family knew she was staying alone in the house. But if they didn't know that changes things and it suddenly made sense when you posted that it was normal for her not to need the car, which means her brother didn't know she was alone in the house. Her brother must have assumed Mollie didn't respond because she was using DJ's truck.

I was thinking Mollie may not have been that close with her brother. If she didn't text, he may have assumed that she had a ride from someone else. When we were high school/college aged, my brother and I didn't get along that well (just very different personalities) and when we were both home from school I never knew what he was doing or where he was going. We'd coordinate with the car but other than that we definitely weren't checking up on each other every day.

Also, for many college students the first summer "home" after being independent and away at college can be awkward. No one is sure what the boundaries are. Parents don't want to overstep, children are used to running their own days. I remember the arguments with my own mother. I think it's hard to really read into what did or didn't happen without knowing the actual dynamic.

(Of course I get the same impression most people are getting that the family is close and loving. But that doesn't mean day to day there weren't the same types of boundary disputes and minor arguments that any family out there has)

If only the cameras were working next door at the rural power company...nothing bad may have happened to Mollie.
Wonder if the co-op mgmt has been interviewed by LE and whether co-op can account for the location of all its employees for the 18th and 19th? When you look at the reach of the co-op lines they cover a fair amt of territory and line crews are always out in the field. Wonder if they have solitary lineman or if they work in crews of 2-4? Also wonder what their hours are and whether they ever have contract lineman come in from out of area to do special work or during storms etc. I would have the same questions for the water company that serviced the area as they no doubt have folks in the field on an ongoing basis.

Esp
a

I am in the same camp. My day is usually planned a day ahead. I don't' like last minute changes or sudden changes and I certainly am not always available at any given time. I am not privy to her daily coming and going schedule/drives or rides and maybe it is a mute point. Just haven't seen anything that fits or explains why someone would ask nearly at or after the fa
ct.
Especially considering the scheduled work field trip. Wouldn't want to chance missing that.

As I've said on these threads for weeks now, I think she was abducted. Whoever did this had the element of shock & surprise in their favor; never underestimate the upper hand that gives an 'opponent', if you want to put it that way. You might think you're ready if faced with a predator right in front of you grabbing at you, set on doing you in. Who has your arm & you can't shake him.

And you might be, through luck of the draw, witness intervention, or maybe getting the right kick in, or your weapon out fast & that spooked him off. Your screams. There's only so much preplanning you can do for a scenario with a predator intent on making this your last day at his whim. "She should have..." gets real fast into victim blaming. We aren't here for that. Nor are we- I- here to be defeatist about an abduction scenario. Take self-defense, etc. We all know these things. I thought I'd act fast & know what to do. I did. I did think this.

A few years back, I was in my apt. listening to music with my headphones on. Was sitting at the top of my stairs. The cat acted weird then I thought I heard some inside noise. Took headphones off, & BOOM, just like that, a man appeared on the ground floor looking up at me. Just stood there looking at me, stock still. Never seen this guy in my life. You wanna know what I did? After my 10,000 dateline videos, after writing & researching extensively about missing & abducted people over the years, after my self-defense classes? After all my self-talk & awareness how I would *never again* be pleasant to a stranger trying to get me into his car?

That's right. I froze. I knew none of the rooms upstairs had a lock on 'em. I knew I had no weapons upstairs. My mind kept going in circles= no lock, no weapon, do I have a knife at least up here, on & on, & while I stared at him & could not move, my whole body a block of frozen fear. I literally didn't feel in control of my brain in that moment. lockweaponlockweapon. I yelled something like Who the *** are you as aggressively as I could get out my mouth.

I hadn't been out in days; missed the monthly exterminator visit notice taped to my door.

That taught me a lot. I can't know how I will be in that moment -and all it takes is a moment- of absolute surprise, fear, panic.

Sure, I can plan. But it's the shock of it. It's really, well, shocking. "I'm in shock. That's fine. But now I need to think" would have been better.

I say this as a normally level-headed, handle- crises- well woman (so I'm told), but man did that throw me for a loop. Generally, now I have an edc (everyday carry) Sog knife clipped to pants at all times (lots of fun at parties!). Tricky if you have to walk in government offices, etc., the laws to know about.

Anyway, if this post helps one woman on this board in any way, I'm happy. Mollie, let's bring her home.
How frightening! But I know that frozen solid feeling. Years ago, I worked swing shift 4PM - 1AM. I was driving home from work one night, in a hurry and low on gas. I had neglected to wipe the fog off of my side windows. I made a right turn and cut a car off. He became very, very angry, pulled in front of me and stopped right there in the middle of the street. I screeched to a halt about 8 inches from his bumper. He got out of his car and came after me, his hands balled up into fists. I froze solid. Thankfully, I came to my senses in time to lock the doors, put my car in reverse, and steer around him - but not quite fast enough. He was able to hit the left rear panel of my car with his fist. I hit the gas and got out of there as fast as I could, praying that I would make it to the gas station. I will never forget that feeling. Since that day, I always clean the fog off my windows before driving anywhere.

This was someone she knew

This was pre-mediated

"We need to get to know Mollie better" LE statement implies they feel it was someone Mollie knows

Maybe they saw her post something on SM about being alone

If this was a random abduction wouldn't LE be warning the public?

They just said in the last presser they were not concerned about the public at large regarding their safety

This is someone who knows Mollie and knew she was going to be alone that night

Last thing to ponder

If " the house was fine"..." no signs of struggle"..."and Mollies a fighter!"

The dogs must have been ok too?

Who took care of the dogs that night?

Not Mollie

I didn't even realise h
Extremely well stated. I have worked for many youth summer camps as an administrator. Common procedure if an employee is a no show would be to call emergency contact. The way I read the quotes seemed that BF was called bc someone she works with happens to have his number but not necessarily because he’s the emergency contact. I don’t mean to pass judgement by saying this but in a small town where everyone knows everyone I could see this happening rather than follow proper procedure. I am questioning the 8 hour lag time myself.
I didn't even realise her mom didn't find out until 5:00 (OR 5:15) I thought it was reported and filed at this time. Sadly, if her mom was listed as the emergency contact she would or should have been called right away and this may have been reported by 9:00 am. I wonder if she was at work and not available, and the camp did try to contact her. At any rate, it is a shame. This may the reason for the change in direction at the Press conference. Many people wondered why they did not inform the public to look for these things earlier. Could it be they were relying heavily on the phone and fit bit data, and now realize it doesnt provide the info they need?

I cant get past the facts an trying to figure how those are even explained let alone trucks stops and car washes. I hope and pray this beautiful young lady is found alive and that my line thinking is wrong. Marking my place and watching!

If MT's brother dropped her off that night and before her jog, wouldn't they have made arrangements for the car then, face to face?

Example: Are you working tomorrow? Yes.. Do you need the car or want me to take you to work in the morning because I need the car as well or maybe not... etc.

I am surprised it was the BF alerting MT's mother MT didn't show up for work and not the brother and the fact the car they shared was still in the driveway. MT needed the car to get to work. You would assume the brother would have been the one to raise the flag with Mom, not work calling the BF which I find odd as well as the 1st person they called looking for MT.

Also, with no cars parked in the driveway @ BF house, a home burglar could assume nobody was home, and people have timed lights @ home that turn on/off with a timer when they are out of town which burglars already know about. JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member