IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I live in an area very similar and also don't always know the roads by name. From 385 and 200, what route do you think makes the most sense for him to have taken? And what if he wasn't familiar with the dirt roads? And what about from the cornfield home? I would love the perspective from a local. :)
You’re trying to envision a route that would take you through the other Points of Interest and end up where the body was located? You can’t do it without wandering around a bit.

It also says he lead LE to the body from memory

It’s obvious a big chunk of info is missing because it doesn’t make sense to us
I think that might be what SharonNeedles was saying. CR, if he knew the local roads, could probably lead police there driving, but if he was trying to describe it during the interview, he wouldn't have known the road names to explain it. Thus he used a map. I think that part makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is how he would know exactly which route he took if he had blacked out. We know where he started, and we know where he ended, but there are several ways to get from point A to point B, and if he had blacked out, he would have been guessing on which one he took. Unless he had a map from that night.

I want so badly to disprove his "blocked memories" story!

You’re trying to envision a route that would take you through the other Points of Interest and end up where the body was located? You can’t do it without wandering around a bit.
No, for the way to the cornfield I'm just wondering what might be his most likely route, disregarding the other points on LE's map.

For many years I worked in the medical field in an area populated with large number of immigrant workers and a large percentage of those were here illegally. They knew how to game the system. They would work under one name-stolen identity-refuse insurance at their work, draw welfare to include housing,food stamps, and medical coverage under another name. The state could do nothing as all they were allowed to check was if the person drawing benefits had income-which of course that identity didn't. Then if it was a pregnant woman the "real name" came out at the time of birth knowing they would not be deported.

I am not stating this to be discriminatory but just to let you know how easy it can be done
That is why I think the Malibu was probably owned by CR but under the name he worked
Not saying all do this but I know those who were new to the area were educated very quickly on how to do it
JMOO

Thank you and they are so good at it whether they speak English or not.

No, for the way to the cornfield I'm just wondering what might be his most likely route, disregarding the other points on LE's map.

Could they have tricked him telling him they have his route based on pings and he said no I took this route?

He can’t be that dense can he?

He was smart enough to leave out that he murdered her

Could they have tricked him telling him they have his route based on pings and he said no I took this route?

He can’t be that dense can he?

He was smart enough to leave out that he murdered her
It does make you wonder. And who knows how it went down. If his phone has the capability @gliving was talking about, where it showed his cornfield location, maybe he really did just say he was guessing on his route.

I'll take a transcript copy of the interview, please!

I'm sure LE told him lots of things whether they had the info or not. Which led him to confessing. It may have been something he thought about prior or on the fly speaking to the block out part. He was boxed in big time. IMO

If it were me I’d follow 385th out of town (east), turn south for 1 mile on 200th to Old Hwy 6 (F29), then Old Hwy 6 east for 2 miles to Hwy 21. That’s all pretty good road.

From there it’s just Hwy 21 south for about 6 miles to 460th, turn East for 2 miles to the cornfield entrance.

For what it’s worth I speculated this route that would cover other points of interest.

Attachments

• FC254F1E-2E22-4CE4-93B5-3FDD87CEB08A.jpeg
    FC254F1E-2E22-4CE4-93B5-3FDD87CEB08A.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 32
music please..."Santa Claus is coming to town"

It knows when you are sleeping
It knows when you are good
It can tell if you've been bad or nice
So turn it off before you strike...

22nd century Assassin's Guild glee club song...

NOW EVERYBODY SING ALONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haaaaa, yes, but wouldn't Rivera know that too? This is something I can't get my head around. Why would he even have his phone at all during the crime,and why would he allow the victims to be left on ?

If Mollie had the chance to fight him off, there could also be DNA under her fingernails. Would that last in those conditions for that amount of time longer than DNA on other parts of her body? TIA experts here

I'm not an expert, but it depends on time and conditions. At a certain point in decomp, the nails slough off. Also, liquification will soak the ground under and around the body, and this type of forensic DNA (et al) could also be degraded. After a month in the summer heat, in the shade of the cornrows, it is a crap shoot as to what's left to find. The ME and the Iowa and FBI (and other) lab folks will do their best with what they have to work with.

So, a definite maybe, IMHOO

I have wondered if CR’s term “blocking out” he could mean “blind anger”. I am not sure if anyone has had an episode of “blind anger”.

I say this because 4 months ago I became “blind with anger”. I was not aware of anything around me not even where I was. I don’t have a good recall if this today.

I remember the persons face but everything around it was dark.

I do not know what would have happened if my son had not observed the situation and taken me to an area to talk to me.

It was so overwhelming that I was dizzy and light headed for a couple days. I even went to my doctor because I had never ever had anything like that happen to me.

He was not concerned after talking with me. And he did not say it was blind anger. He left it alone.

I am not some random “nut-job”. I am a retired professional I come with excellent references. No one would ever not trust me in any life skill.

If it were me I’d follow 385th out of town (east), turn south for 1 mile on 200th to Old Hwy 6 (F29), then Old Hwy 6 east for 2 miles to Hwy 21. That’s all pretty good road.

From there it’s just Hwy 21 south for about 6 miles to 460th, turn East for 2 miles to the cornfield entrance.

For what it’s worth I speculated this route that would cover other points of interest.
Thank you! The 385 to old hwy 6 route looked quickest on the map, too. If he took 200 south (past lower point) and over, would that road be decent (it looks gravel)? It seems to me that either on the way down or the way home the car/phone had to be at 430 and 200. Why else that point on LE's map?

And your route that covered all the dots could well have worked if CR drove back through town after he took MT, which if he didn't know the roads, maybe he was more comfortable with?

I'm not an expert, but it depends on time and conditions. At a certain point in decomp, the nails slough off. Also, liquification will soak the ground under and around the body, and this type of forensic DNA (et al) could also be degraded. After a month in the summer heat, in the shade of the cornrows, it is a crap shoot as to what's left to find. The ME and the Iowa and FBI (and other) lab folks will do their best with what they have to work with.

So, a definite maybe, IMHOO
Plus it rained something like 5 hours later. :(

This is something I can't get my head around. Why would he even have his phone at all during the crime,and why would he allow the victims to be left on ?

Young people today are hooked to those phones like a fish to a line. I do not think he gave it a second thought that he had his phone, it is almost another appendage.
As said earlier he might not have known how to actually shut off Mollie's until he destroyed it. Maybe.

Two things I wonder:

Are the points of interest places where that Malibu showed up more than once on the night in question on cctv? Could he have driving around with her body in the trunk trying to figure out what to do with her?

Will the prosecution bring in an expert to debunk his apparent dissasociative amnesia (“block-out”?) if it becomes a defense point they hang on?

Just my own random thoughts and opinions.

I think that might be what SharonNeedles was saying. CR, if he knew the local roads, could probably lead police there driving, but if he was trying to describe it during the interview, he wouldn't have known the road names to explain it. Thus he used a map. I think that part makes sense.

What doesn't make sense is how he would know exactly which route he took if he had blacked out. We know where he started, and we know where he ended, but there are several ways to get from point A to point B, and if he had blacked out, he would have been guessing on which one he took. Unless he had a map from that night.

I want so badly to disprove his "blocked memories" story!
When LE said ( or rather the news) that he used his phone, I interpreted it to mean he had to use a map to help explain how to get there. I'm not sure how he remembered she was there in the first place, and I think that's what you are asking. Do we know if he told police he did remember that part, where she was left, but just couldn't remember how she got there?

Two things I wonder:

Are the points of interest places where that Malibu showed up more than once on the night in question on cctv? Could he have driving around with her body in the trunk trying to figure out what to do with her?

Will the prosecution bring in an expert to debunk his apparent dissasociative amnesia (“block-out”?) if it becomes a defense point they hang on?

Just my own random thoughts and opinions.
JMO, I feel the video footage of the Malibu was discovered after LE released that map.

And I'm not convinced it will take an expert to debunk his "block out." He very well, somewhere along the way, might screw that up for himself.

Haaaaa, yes, but wouldn't Rivera know that too? This is something I can't get my head around. Why would he even have his phone at all during the crime,and why would he allow the victims to be left on ?

Y'all give CBR too much credit. He is the product of a rural, agrarian lifestyle, both here and in his home country. His premeditation may have been no more than passing MT, and then following in his car after saying 'yo chica' in his head. After that point, all of his thinking was with his little head, and not the big one! In the heat of the moment, who's thinking about a phone, any phone? He had other things on his mind(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname