IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
:):):)
But, without sperm will there be DNA? Seminal fluid will likely be long gone so I’m not sure if DNA from sperm can linger after the sperm are already broken down by the decomposition or not. I mean, what if there was rape without ejaculation. Would DNA be present to indicate a rape?

That is why I was asking the length of time sperm was valid on a decomposing body because even if he did rape her it might be long gone but there will be DNA. But according to what BUF posted there can be a 5-6 week span where it might be able to be retrieved depending on so many things such as stage and length of decomp, temperatures, bug & maggot activity etc.

Buggers, you're right. It was his 16th, not his 17th.

That puts him here closer to 8 years, if believed.

ETA

We probably would not steal fake documents from a minor, too many questions on why he was not in school

I’m willing to bet the fake documents are very close to the age he actually is.

Curious how his father knows what he would do if he did the crime.....

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

Oh now let me see???? Ummmmmm he maybe has commited past crimes, not actually murder and ran back to Mexico???
And this time he did not so he is innocent???????
Yes he would have ran back there and went igcognito,,,,just like he was here.

Oh now let me see???? Ummmmmm he maybe has commited past crimes, not actually murder and ran back to Mexico???
And this time he did not so he is innocent???????
Yes he would have ran back there and went igcognito,,,,just like he was here.

Exactly

Shows total disrespect too for our laws too, IMO

He knew had an escape plan if he needed to disappear and then come back under a new name

That puts him here closer to 8 years, if believed.

ETA

We probably would not steal fake documents from a minor, too many questions on why he was not in school

I’m willing to bet the fake documents are very close to the age he actually is.

I wonder if the reason they have not released the names on all his fake documents is because they are trying to track down the citizens they actually belong to??

Yes you can block. Usually it’s an unpleasant thing you witness but not as often an act you directly commit. It will be interesting to see what psyche evals are done for the courts benefit.

I will almost guess his attorneys will wind up paid by the court. It happens that they begin as private then move over to contract from the public defenders office. And believe the attorney situation is solid yet. I think it will either change or have additions.

If and when the public defender’s office gets involved, the county foots the bill. That may happen when the family runs out of money or decides to stop paying the privately retained attorney. I am assuming the defendant is an indigent.

I don’t know why my posts do not appear under the post I selected to reply to.

I wonder if the reason they have not released the names on all his fake documents is because they are trying to track down the citizens they actually belong to??

I don’t really know

The dairy farm said the license and SS check out so it must be a valid person right?

“I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“If he had done what they say he did, he would have come back here [to Mexico],” Eduardo Bahena Radilla, his father, said in a telephone interview from Guayabillo, a small town in Mexico. “But he’s innocent, so he didn’t run and hide.”

I don’t know what’s going on,” his uncle, Eustaquio “Capi” Bahena Radilla, said in an interview Thursday conducted through an interpreter at his trailer home in Brooklyn. “I don’t know what’s happening because honestly, I know he’s a good person.”

Rivera’s father echoed his comment, saying Thursday that he believed that his son was innocent and calling reports of his confession “pure lies.”

“He seemed calm,” Bahena said. “I didn’t sense anything was wrong.”

Around his 16th birthday, Rivera left Guayabillo to find work in the United States, his father said.

“There are no jobs here, so he left,” Bahena said, adding that his son crossed the border illegally and was undocumented in the United States.

He settled in Iowa because his uncle was already living there, Bahena said. He found work on a series of milk farms and often sent money back to his parents in Mexico.

Suspect’s relatives say they’re baffled by arrest in Mollie Tibbetts case

If his father's last name is Radilla, where did Rivera come from? Aren't Spanish last names generally the mother's last name and the father's last name?

If his father's last name is Radilla, where did Rivera come from? Aren't Spanish last names generally the mother's last name and the father's last name?

I know many on here discussed that and that’s why I posted this article

Very good question

That's remnants of sperm. DNA is entirely different beast and as the body decomposes, the DNA is somewhat preserved. Although it may be hard to determine sperm, the DNA from that sperm will still be present. I think that's where the confusion is here.

The euphinism remnants of sperm include DNA. Up-post, an excellent article pointed out that intact spermatazoa have been recovered up to 36 days and 5-6 weeks post-mortem. The nice thing about intact spermatazoa is that it protects the enclosed DNA like an astronaut in his space capsule. Finding intact spermatazoa is a very significant indicator of finding intact foriencsically usuasable DNA, verses free DNA that would be more susceptible to bacterial degradation making it foriencsically unusable.

This having been said, I would maintain that bacteria, both gut and soil, are equal opportunity digesters, as they eat everything! Some even eat diesel fuel and crude oil, and that stuff is REALLY tough and nasty! It's what they were made to do. And while I have learned the dictum that DNA is somewhat tough stuff, I don't understand your belief that DNA is somehow preserved through or against decomp. Once post-mortum autolysis of the cell and it's organelles, including the nuculus and mitochondria, occurs releasing free DNA; please document for me how DNA is any less prone to bacterial breakdown and degradation than any other sugar, nitrogenious base, and phosphate containing bio-molocule like ATP and others. As that is the only confusion I see here.

The other way around - father's name then mother's.

Okay thanks, but why isn't his last name Radilla Rivera then (if his Mom's last name is Rivera)?

ETA: I guess I'm confused as to how the names are arranged, if his Dad's father's last name was Bahena then I guess that would go to the son, and then the Mom's last name tacked on?

The euphinism remnants of sperm include DNA. Up-post, an excellent article pointed out that intact spermatazoa have been recovered up to 36 days and 5-6 weeks post-mortem. The nice thing about intact spermatazoa is that it protects the enclosed DNA like an astronaut in his space capsule. Finding intact spermatazoa is a very significant indicator of finding intact foriencsically usuasable DNA, verses free DNA that would be more susceptible to bacterial degradation making it foriencsically unusable.

This having been said, I would maintain that bacteria, both gut and soil, are equal opportunity digesters, as they eat everything! Some even eat diesel fuel and crude oil, and that stuff is REALLY tough and nasty! It's what they were made to do. And while I have learned the dictum that DNA is somewhat tough stuff, I don't understand your belief that DNA is somehow preserved through or against decomp. Once post-mortum autolysis of the cell and it's organelles, including the nuculus and mitochondria, occurs releasing free DNA; please document for me how DNA is any less prone to bacterial breakdown and degradation than any other sugar, nitrogenious base, and phosphate containing bio-molocule like ATP and others. As that is the only confusion I see here.

Al I love your posts.:D:D:D:D:D

So can you save a location you’ve mapped out on your phone, like in Google Maps or something? I had no idea. If that’s the case, that super interesting. I’m sure his phone holds a lot of interesting evidence.

My iphone automatically keeps a history of all locations I've visited while carrying my iphone. When CR said he used his phone to retrace his route, I assumed this is what he meant.

For those interested is seeing what your iphone stores do this: Go to: Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services > Significant Locations.

From there click on each location and a map will pop up. But we don't know if he had an iphone. I don't know if androids do the same.

Your iPhone tracks every place you visit. Here's how to see the map. | Cult of Mac

"Your iPhone knows where you are, and it remembers where you have been. It keeps a record of your frequent hangouts — aka “significant locations” — and uses this data to make location-based suggestions using Siri and to power other features."

The other way around - father's name then mother's.
So should his name be Christhian Radilla (mother’s name)

His uncle has the Bahena middle name

That is what I would think because of the SS#. They can get fake drivers licenses anywhere but I do believe the SS# has to belong to either a live or deceased person?

According to an article he even paid taxes under the name, how does this get past IRS is the person is still alive?

That's remnants of sperm. DNA is entirely different beast and as the body decomposes, the DNA is somewhat preserved. Although it may be hard to determine sperm, the DNA from that sperm will still be present. I think that's where the confusion is here.
If Mollie had the chance to fight him off, there could also be DNA under her fingernails. Would that last in those conditions for that amount of time longer than DNA on other parts of her body? TIA experts here

He certainly could have mapped things out prior, or he could have done it all without mapping anything. I'd originally wondered about looking for his way home from the cornfield. But after reading what I read in the affidavit about him using his phone to determine the route he'd traveled from Brooklyn, I reconsidered. I think, JMO, that if he used his phone to map anything, it might have been where to go from 385 and 200. Or, as you said, maybe he had that pre-planned out.
I really don’t think CR needed a map to figure out where the spot is or how to get there. It’s hard to describe, but on a local level we don’t know these less traveled roads by name. We know how to get there, we just can’t tell you the route without looking at a map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member